• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am waiting for more details, I could be wrong and next chapter, they literally say Mother of Chaos created the Planet

Point being is everyone is jumping on the 5-B train when it hasn't even been confirmed

We know it's not confirmed. We are pointing out the fact that the statement is literally just a 5B statement. We have the right to do that. No one is saying let's go ahead and accept it. We don't know if it's fully true. We just know it's 5B

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Another thing is what exactly happens in the series now, there's no sure villain, like where is the story going
Same, Arthur and Merlin did not turn into vilians so I have no idea where the story is going from here on.

Nakaba said to expect an Arthur spin-off after the main story ends but what is left to show if he's already a god?

CNBA3 said:
And world can mean other things as well, like society, the universe, or realms of existence or an individual person.
1.Individual, universe and society easily ruled out

2.realms of existence could also contain the planet Earth. if you're arguing against this i don't think this helps your case

Yeah no this statement is referring to the actual world, there's no convincing otherwise

It is still based on pure belief, not concrete evidence, Wait till the raw comes out to say otherwise

I'm remaining skeptical cause we have one interpreted statement and 0 other potential tier 5 feats

I also don't care if it's easy on me, if I disagree with something then I'll disagree with it, you literally jump at every single upgrade and except it, that's not how I go with things, I'm not saying this couldn't possibly be 5-B, and if it was Planet instead of World, I'd accept it as 5-B and be done with it, but I just don't think there's enough evidence yet

I mean no disrespect, I just don't think there's enough evidence to confirm 5-B for anyone

Why would I just give up my opinion because it's an uphill battle

As far as I'm concerned, every debate is an uphill battle

Lavcore said:
"Flowery language' is a very elaborate, ornate, and often poetic/literary way of speaking or writing. It is the opposite of plain, simple language. If a speech or writing style is flowery, it uses too many complicated words or phrases in an attempt to sound skilful."
Reposting this since people think "created from nothingness" proves 5-B.

Eh, that isn't really flowery language though. Sure it isn't directly saying, the mother of chaos created the world, but the statement is being pretty clear cut in what it means.

Duedate8898 said:
Eh, that isn't really flowery language though. Sure it isn't directly saying, the mother of chaos created the world, but the statement is being pretty clear cut in what it means.
"Created from nothingness" does not prove that there was actually nothing in the beginning it could just mean barren or deserted not actual nothingness like some people think.

That wasn't what I meant, I mean we're being told in the translation at least, that the mother of Chaos created the world. Not the land, and not just life, the world. That isn't being flowery, that's just saying how something was made.

Usually it does, especially when it comes to context

British fought an uphill battle at Breed hill and still won

Duedate8898 said:
That wasn't what I meant, I mean we're being told in the translation at least, that the mother of Chaos created the world. Not the land, and not just life, the world. That isn't being flowery, that's just saying how something was made.
world is literally the word most people use in flowery sentences or statements it's actually the most flowery word ever and land could easily mean world as well what people are insinuating is that created from nothingness means the planet didn't exist yet when that is baseless as hell.

But given the context of what's being explained it isn't baseless nor flowery, Merlin is explaining to the group what chaos is, and we've already covered that Mama Hawk is the god tier of the verse, so we have good reason to assume she's far and above the rest of those within it.

Duedate8898 said:
But given the context of what's being explained it isn't baseless nor flowery, Merlin is explaining to the group what chaos is, and we've already covered that Mama Hawk is the god tier of the verse, so we have good reason to assume she's far and above the rest of those within it.
that doesn't prove 5-B it could easily be High 6-A(which i think is most likely).

Duedate8898 said:
I'm not saying it proves 5-B, what I'm saying is that it isn't as unlikely as you're making it out to be.
i don't think 5-B is unlikely i think that peoples reasons for believing this proves 5-B without a shadow of a doubt is questionable at the very best.

"Created from nothingness" does not prove that there was actually nothing in the beginning it could just mean barren or deserted not actual nothingness like some people think.

@Muuuuuh

^Exactly my thoughts

It doesn't mean there's no chance of 5-B, just that it's not solid and confirmed

Some cultures do not even know if there is more of the world outside their lives on an isolated landmass back then in the past, and even some mythologies have creation myths which talks about how just their homelands were made and nothing else. But that is besides the point, let us wait.

barren or deserted os something, Nothing is Nothing.

But its Just semantic, The autor could be wrong with his words, or he can Just change his mind, the autor arent so much linear.

So lets wait for more chapters.

CNBA3 said:
Some cultures do not even know if there is more of the world outside their lives on an isolated landmass back then in the past, and even some mythologies have creation myths which talks about how just their homelands were made and nothing else. But that is besides the point, let us wait.
But in the context of nnt, it definitely doesn't mean what you listed, they know there are other lands out there like escanor who isn't even from Britannia or nanashi who was noted to be not of Britannia,

And as someone pointed out a crucial nail in the "Britannia is the world that is being referenced possibly" coffin is that a barren ocean or land would still be something

except that many people use "nothing" incorrectly when they actually mean to say barren or deserted i don't see how this case could be different.

Iirc, Hey only ever talk about Britannia, Eacanor's home was within Britannia, Nanashi maybe one example, but we do not recall him talking about where he is from though, and it is likely he just fell off the story completely, even Simon possess samurai attire like that of a Japanese person, even some characters have names that are not old English names, so it is likely beyond Britannia is not relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back