• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai Discussion Thread 7

Just change the "true form" render to simply Mael and it should be good, I would also advice to wait until next chapter to get more info but since you already did the work it would be waste

Gowther already had the most versatile mindfuck to begin with but I'm not sure about this. How is it done? It effectively affects guys in another dímension, some millions of years by now for the Demon King. A bit over 1,5 million years it seems.

By the way did anybody evaluate the Gilthunder calc? Cause I've pretty much got the outline for what Tiers everybody will become ready if it gets accepted.

Characters such as Post-Training Gilthunder will be 7-A+ for being stronger than he was before. Starting from Demon Mark Meliodas they will be High 7-A for stomping Ban who had at the time absorbed his Sealed Base form's power. Matrona will be At least High 7-A Possibly 6-C, Post-Training Diane will be At least High 7-A Likely 6-C and anybody stronger than her like around the 10k range will be straight up 6-C.

Makes sense. What do you think about the Low 7-B characters scaling to Sealed Weaponless Mel effortlessly breaking Casual Gilthunder's lightning bindings and Weaponless Diane tanking Casual Gil's lightning before tossing him away?

Casual Gil being the one with the 7-A feat, whereas a serious Gil~Armed Mel~King~Gideon Diane all scale together and would be 7-A+

They should also just be straight up 7-A+ since their power lvl is still higher than Post-Training Gilthunder. I'm pretty sure in the first arc of NNT they were constantly holding back until the battle at Liones. Cause it makes no sense for the weird fangs who only have a power lvl of around 400+ to scale to them.

Also I think after the upgrade gets accepted I'm going to make a thread to downgrade the 6-B+ characters. Cause after rereading the Manga it really does seem like the battle from 3000 years ago was a severe outlier for the Ten Commandments.

Holding back wouldn't affect durability though, and Ruin was able to lightly injure Meliodas with a punch so they'd be in the same tier, just much lower in the tier

At best they'd be likely 7-B for being weaker than Dogedo they shouldn't scale to the SDS for slightly staggering them like 10k Meliodas did against Galand.

Which is why I propose the Weird Fangs to be 8-B Likely 7-B for being much stronger than Twigo a Apprentice Holy Knight and possibly somewhat comparable to Dogedo who should be At least 7-B+ liekly 7-A scsling from being weaker than even the weakest Red Demons.

How would it be an outlier? This was discussed pretty heavily in the original thread, reasoning was basically:

- Ludoshel stated he needed to intervene meaning two Commandments each was enough to beat a single Archangel

- Sariel and Tarmiel were injured multiple times and many of their attacks were straight up tanked

- Sariel and Tarmiel started off the fight smiling and cocky but as it progressed they stopped smiling and Sariel looked straight up shocked/scared

- Sariel used his Grace offensively against Monspeet and Monspeet easily regenerated, meaning it wasn't so powerful that Monspeet couldn't regenerate

- 3000 years later Sariel and Tarmiel again state that Archangels are roughly twice as powerful as Commandments, matching up with Ludoshel's statement in the past

- There's a casual Low 6-B supporting feat

- Matrona and 10k Mel were unable to so much as injure Galand

- And finally it makes no sense story-wise for the Commandments to be millions of times weaker than a casual feat from an AA. The latest chapter even told us that the loss of only one AA tipped the balance and forced the Goddesses to seal the demons rather than fight them.

Edit: Unlike Matrona and Wrath Mel, Ruin actually drew blood from Mel though, same with Jude and Ban

ZERO7772 said:
Nah the TC should scale to the angles
Thing is it ruins what's previously been established about power lvls. For example Base Galand was somehow able to injure Tarmiel when he could only slightly scratch Mid-Morning Escanor who has a power lvl of 50k in his Critical Over Form which has a power lvl of 40k.

I've been meaning to address Escanor actually. His durabiliy is >>> his own power, considering he was only slightly injured from 2x his own slash. His durability should be revised.

Also power levels are stated by Nakaba to only be estimates, not be all end all concrete answers.

@Malik That's only because of how in universe power levels work. The average power lvl of two Commandments combined are roughly equal to or slightly higher than that of a member of the Four Archangels.

@Peter

That's not just the numbers, that's the reason why we have an entire plot of equal war between the Demons and Goddesses. I edited my list comment so idk if you saw but the latest chapter even showed us that losing Mael forced the Goddesses to resort to the Coffin Seal, meaning the remaining three AA weren't enough to defeat Zeldris and the 10C of the time. Let alone all the evidence, the plot itself wouldn't make sense to have 10C be massively weaker than AA.

Like I said, Escanor's durability is simply >>> his power, either that or his durability would be the outlier compared to the many pieces of evidence that 10C are comparable to AA.

Also Estarossa in base couldn't break through Sariel's wind barrier but Derieri was able to which makes no sense. Since even after Estarossa Absorbed Truth he still had some trouble breaking through Sariel's barrier.

Estarossa tried a light punch and immediately flung his arm away when he started getting cut; Derieri ground her arm down to the bone to pierce through; the two situations aren't exactly comparable.

Truth-Absorbed Estarossa just shows that there isn't actually a huge gap in AP when you get to the Commandment/Archangel power levels; like Nakaba made clear numbers are only estimates, and they have never been linear. We had another feat in this chapter where Derieri took a couple attacks from berserk mode Estarossa and didn't get wrecked, so more proof Commandments aren't a million miles away from AA tier power.

Oh right also in the recent chapter EstarossaMael who Absorbed the other two commandments and is going berserk took no visible damage from the attacks of Tarmiel, Sariel, King and Derieri.

Nor did he do much of anything to them either. Remember that Truth/Reticence Estarossa was still cut apart easily by Sariel and Tarmiel, there's not as big a gap in power as you're thinking.

Oh you guys are hot here. I would join if I wasn't too busy searching for waifus pictures~

Sealed Base Meliodas w/ Lostvayne was also able to somewhat damage Base Galand but he doesn't scale. The scaling with the Ten Commandments is pretty much the only problem that I have with the profiles here right now. Especially with all the inconsistencies that have been shown in the series.

He didn't do any damage at all to Galand, the first time he made Galand bleed was when he went to greet the 10C. (If you're thinking of the anime I understand, idk why they changed it). Chapter 120 is when he attacks Galand and doesn't even scratch him. In fact, Sealed Demon Meliodas didn't scratch him with a direct slash to the arm either.

Post the next page man, Galand literally doesn't have a scratch on him. He didn't get scratched when demon Mel sliced his arm either, nor when Wrath Mel at 10K hit him with a bunch of darkness blades.

For anyone wanting to check themselves, it's Chapters 120-121

I could be wrong but didn't the arcangles NOT use their graces back when they fought the TC in the flashback arc? iirc their PL with grace is somewhere around 90K

Na you're wrong (no offense lol)

Both used Graces, Sariel used his both offensively and defensively although Tarmiel used his only defensively. Sariel was using his wind slashes to cut apart Monspeet, who regened no problem.

ZERO7772 said:
I could be wrong but didn't the arcangles NOT use their graces back when they fought the TC in the flashback arc? iirc their PL with grace is somewhere around 90K
Only partially. They didn't use things like their dimension, wind sickle or the piercing water pillar. They mostly relied on Arc 3000 years ago. Sariel only used nameless wind slashes he never used the huge wind slice that he used against Truth Absorbed Estarossa.

ZERO7772 said:
Likely, well at least Tarmiel and Sariel who are a bit stronger then Truth Estarossa at 88k. Ludoshel is more power than that tho as he is stronger than the two

So... What if Neo-Mael absorbs/recovers his grace, killing Escanor in the process?

The scaling is a bit off, the power levels don't work with the "1+1=2" logic in this series because power levels are bullshit to begin with lol

Anyway considering how Mel was able to fight both Fair and giant king who were only 2K behind him in term of PL and how Galan got his shit kicked in by Mel who was only 6K above speak tell us that TC shouldn't be able to hang out with the archangels who has PL of 80K+

The combined power of fair and giant kings were 100k+ yet they still lost to Mel because of his skills and demonic power

Just because Gilthunder (1970) and Howzer (1910) team up on Mel (3370) doesn't mean they will beat him, nah they will get stomped like little kids

They actually explained that Meliodas was only stomping Drole and Gloxinia in a 1v1 so they can't recover and 2v1 him like they did with a Transformed Chandler. But yeah this is the problem I have with the current scaling Crutical Over Galand could only scratch a 50k character but Base Galand is able to cut a over 88k character. There's no way that should even be possible. Which is why I think the battle from 3000 years ago was an outlier.

Dont we have a statement that a single arcangel is equal to 2 commandments?

Btw where did the Escanor durability thing came from?

That being said I am still pretty sure the TC scales to the arcangles. I am just against the PL argument because it won't get anywhere because let us be honest PL are never consist

Back