• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could discus this for hours, but only time will tell and honestly I am still more than convinced that the demon Lord is beyond Meliodas cause it wouldn't really have a lot of sense to be otherwise if the demon Lord is probably gonna be the last opponent and now he is all of sudden weaker than Meliodas and by that logic probably than Escanor as well since Merlin clearly stated Escanor is still the strongest one.

I've presented literal fact, substantiated by the words of the King himself; yet you still oppose them? Incredible!

Escanor being the strongest SIN doesn't account for Evil Meliodas (no SDS even knows of his Evil power, even Merlin has only heard his reputation as the "strongest demon"). Pay attention to whe Meliodas said Escanor was stronger than him, he immediately sarcastically—with his silly poker face— rendered it moot by saying "well... I still need to get back to shape".

I also don't see this EPIC main battle with the Demon King and SDS that you are seeing because Nakaba is a different kind of Author. The man isn't building Meliodas to be mighty enough via training to fight his Papa with the SDS like many shonen mangakas would do. Read his older works (Kongou Banchou) if you haven't to get the picture. Meliodas said it himself, he created the SDS specifically to combat the 10C (Zeldris, Estarossa, Monspiet, Mera, etc). "The purpose of the SDS is to destroy the 10 Commandments". In the end, this is the story of the two "cursed lovers" (Elizabeth and Meliodas) & those that they meet along the way (SDS). It's likely Meliodas will deal with Papa, while Elizabeth deals with Mama; and both might finally die (like Romeo and Juliet) but in peace.

@author I won't discuss anything with you, but I am sure the demon Lord is the strongest cause that is the point of the name DEMON LORD.

This wasn't a matter up for discussion to begin with. Evil Meliodas was confirmed the Supreme, Vilest Demon by the very Demon you're claiming is stronger for some reason. Newsflash, Evil Meliodas was on his way to becoming the Demon King, till Elizabeth converted him.

Anyway, since this is a NNT thread, I'll speculate some of the power structure of the past (based on who/what we know).

Supreme Demon = Elizabeth (full power) > Demon King = Goddess King > Archangels => Sr Gowther (greatly hyped) > (most) 10C => Demon Knights faction => Fairy King = Giant King > Demon General (Fraudrin) = Divine Lance Corporal (Nerobasta)

Their stats are completely unknow tho. Maybe a page could be created for the Demon King because he created the decrees of the 10C (petrification, time manipulation, power drain, loss of slight, possession, etc), he has Soul manipulation, Hellblaze, Dark Magic, Power Seal, POD, Immortality, empathetic manipulation & possibly body alteration/corruption (like Estarossa displayed).

That curse is a very messed up curse, pretty tragic having to watch your lover die 106 times and there is nothing you can do about it.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Foreshadowing for what?
All of them are portrayed near their enemy in an intimidating low angle, what kinda indicates how powerful they are. There's the Demon king and the Goddess, fighting Elizabeth and Mel, who are human sized, and then there's Galan who's 4 meters tall and seems tiny compared to Escanor. Animes and mangas do this a lot (most prominent is the OPM arc - DSK vs Saitama).

In any case, it's just a little fun post, no real theories here. Maybe it is indicating how stupidly overpowered Escanor is, maybe it's just an artistic choice. In any case, that Demon King art tho. Badass af.

OishiLover75 said:
Melascula may be OP with her new Magic spells.
True, but you know what I've only just noticed? We haven't seen Gowther properly fight for a *very* long time. I guess it's his time to shine, against Melascula. Considering that he knows her, he probably knows her weaknesses.

OishiLover75 said:
Season 2 comes January and there'll be a movie next summer.
That's awesome. I hope we'll see Escanor vs Estarossa. Estarossa is my fav character because he's a bit of a dozy twat, but is just pure malevolence, really.

Couldn't care less about Estarossa after what he did to Meliodas. He can burn for all I care. Oh, wait. Escanor already wiped the dude out. Lmao.

My favorite members of the Ten Commandments are Gowther, Melascula, Derieri and Monspeet.

Yeah. It's good to see every time a new ability is revealed for his spear.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Couldn't care less about Estarossa after what he did to Meliodas. He can burn for all I care. Oh, wait. Escanor already wiped the dude out. Lmao.
My favorite members of the Ten Commandments are Gowther, Melascula, Derieri and Monspeet.
Yeah, he's a bit of an ass, but he's such a good villain.

Note this is her power with vengeance. So she may be less powerful without it. Let's make it a separate key. Plus I'm wondering if Dolor's Dance is a move.

She used Dolor's Dance to boost her power level to 48,000.

@Burning I think he will. I mean, Melascula did. And she had her hearts ripped out.

@OishiLover75 No she couldn't. His CASUAL punch almost took her down. She hit him with full force and in the next scene, Escanor was casually chilling on a massive rock. It's like an adult playfighting with a 7 year old kid. You won't hit it with an kind of force, and it will hit you with full force and you maybe may pretend that it "hurts", while in reality you could smack it in the gob so hard its jaw would fly 30 meters away from the rest of the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back