• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai Discussion Thread 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
God has been shown to seal/null magic completely twice its not magic resistance. he did it to dolar and ludo... tho mel got pasted it so i can see why you would put it as resitance... hmm maybe im wrong but i do have scans

People forget that ON is basically darkness moving at high speeds, of course raw physical powrr can overpower it.

To my understanding, ONE only overpowered Ominous Nebula. It didn't do anything to Zeldris power nullification.

Zeldris power nullification that he borrowed from the Demon King is limited in the sense that it only works against non-physical attacks (so it only works on magic attacks essentially). The Demon King's version works against both power attacks and magical attacks. Escanor's strike was entirely physical.

The reason Demon King was also destabilized is because Zeldris temporarily lost conciousness for a fraction of a second. Check it out and examine it yourself

Nah. He "finger" people ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Srsly tho, Imagine him using Cruel Sun in the One Mode? and how come Rhitta is useless in The One mode?

Gelan06 said:
I dont know if i am wrong but when The DK use Ruler againts a Phisical attack?
many times but people are wrong here The Ruler is just hax while this is resistance. Physical attacks as a concept 'heal' DK while healing damages him and power steal hax makes him absorb the stealer's power etc. Ruler is just hax not resistance.

oh ya i like how we ignore that THE ONE with his physicall power got owned when he used ritta... but his regular hand (speicial move) worked... xd

DK is also very powerful if you use all his commandments/GOD that seal/null magic attacks/ and Ruler that reverses everything... thats just broken asf... then u got his soul manipulation black matter, curses.other magics... god damn

and nabaka is telling me that meliodas is stronger? **** no

Ezeriot said:
Gelan06 said:
many times but people are wrong here The Ruler is just hax while this is resistance. Physical attacks as a concept 'heal' DK while healing damages him and power steal hax makes him absorb the stealer's power etc. Ruler is just hax not resistance.
Can you give me a scan because i remember that ruler only invest all magical effects

Can you give me a scan because i remember that ruler only invest all magical effects
it reverted physical attacks into healing , its all attacks/abilities that affect him has their effect reversed so its not only magical abilities

Ezeriot said:
So Escanors attacks can destroy Abilities for a few seconds.
False. Zeldris was unconscious for 0.8 seconds and and that entire time frame led to his Demon King powers being deactivated. so please you need to reread the chapter

ZERO7772 said:
Ok so you basically did not read the chapter so let me give you a brief atgument since thats false on your part.
Zeldris said "if youre gonna throw away your weapon, might as qell beg for your life" "But sadly if its you that wont happen" He DID not nor once underestimated escanor and him having statements that he could take him on. What defeated zeldris is ON being deactivated and escanor using holy lance to pierce him without his ON which says your argument being Moot.

Escanor had a hardtime getting through ON which remind you ON does not nullify physical attacks. Meliodas on the other hand bypassed magical nullification despite darkness being in a category of "magical attack".

The whole reason of using zeldris is the fact ON does NOT nullify attacks compare to DKs magic that he borrows. Escanor had a hard time getting through that while meliodas in chapter 246 did it with ease.
>He DID not nor once underestimated escanor

Except he did and had no idea the Sungod was about to rip him a new hole, which says a lot about Zel's perfect "reading".

>What defeated zeldris is ON being deactivated and escanor using holy lance to pierce him without his ON

No shit Ó▓á_Ó▓á!!? Zel was rushed because Escanor crushed his OG Magi with his bare not even using his magic what is your point?

>which says your argument being moot

What are you even talking about?

>Escanor had a hardtime getting through ON which remind you ON does not nullify physical attacks. Meliodas on the other hand bypassed magical nullification despite darkness being in a category of "magical attack".

Anyone who read the chapter knows that ON doesn't nullify physical and he makes up for that with God which deflect magical attacks as well, Esanor used his hands to crush ON and didn't seems to bother with magial attacks.

ON wasn't activated back then and Mel used his sheer force to sumbit his 2 brothers so don't compare that to what Escanor did here.

>Escanor had a hard time getting through that while meliodas in chapter 246 did it with ease.

Again, what is your proof that Zel was using his OG Magic? Mel stomped base Zel w/ God while Escanor stomped Second mark Zel with W/ ON/God, It's diffetent.

Stop with the meaningless comparison between the two. Again I also think FP Mel would beat Escanor based on hype and how Mel seems utterly above everyone else but don't use this Zel situation as your proof

I am not playing anymore on this Escanor vs Mel topic.

Alright this is easy debunk so let me break down why your arguments has so many flaws.

where did zeldris or even shown he underestimated him?? dont tell me you're gonna use the statement of zeldris when escanor put away his rhitta. THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE UNDERESTIMATED HIM, this is simple historical fact on samurai on tossing away their weapon= giving up on the battle or begging for their lives. So again escanor was just stronger at the end of the day, so you can't show me any factual evidence where he underestimated him.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?? his DK powers was never in the play due to the fact escanor was using raw strength. this chapter clearly debunks your claim that he destroyed ON, ONLY ON to where he made him unconscious for 0.8 seconds which deactivated his borrowed magic. So dont give me this headcanon that "he had no problem on his DK powers" even though escanor was using physical attacks the whole entire time. ON merely has high speed rotation of darkness to create defense and offense, but the fact it does not nullify attacks but creates a pseudo barrier is plain weaker than DKs powers capable of nullifying magical attacks.

The fact that this chapter literally debunks you, will make my typing time make it easier so please rethink what you're saying. As for ON and his borrowed magic, both magics are different where the other one is borrowed from his father and is nerfed compare to the real one. the fact that his borrowed powers is a nullifcation which does any magical attacks better than ON, ON on the other hand simply creates pseudo barrier like i said due to his high speed rotation of darkness. So if Zel were to use his ON alone without DKs magic in chapter 246 it would make it a lot easier due to his comparison to that meliodas. As for meliodas facing DKs magic power he bypassed that with his own magic darkness without actually trying or giving any effort.

Divine sword escanor had tough time to get through the ON and when he was asked why he was fighting he was screaming his lungs "FOR MY FRIENDS!!!!!". so clearly this does not make escanor's feat even better than meliodas own.

Ezeriot said:
Gelan06 said:
Rev
This panel explains that any attack that was directed at DK gets turned into healing and strengthening. it's basically inversion where negative turns into positive. But the weakness is that if a positive such healing were to be directed at DK while his magic is activated it would do the opposite.

Chandler's nighttime effect has a limited range - it's not like he's actually removing the sun, he's just changing time from daytime to nighttime in an area around him.

This seems like unquantifiable time-bending hax to me; not something that could affect his AP.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Where does it say it's time manipulation?
It doesn't. I'm just attempting to describe it as best I can since we don't have an official description for it other than 'he brings true night'.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Where does it say it's time manipulation?
It doesn't. I'm just attempting to describe it as best I can since we don't have an official description for it other than 'he brings true night'.

It's like Maxnumb231 just said.

Zeldris' Ruler only works against magic. In fact when Meliodas Awakened and went along with Chandler to confront Zeldris and Estarossa, he specifically noted that the power Zeldris borrowed was a half-baked version of the Demon King's, and therefore insufficient to break the Eternal Curse of the Gods. So actually, even prior to the newer chapters, we already knew that Demon King's Ruler > Zeldris' Ruler.

The Demon King's Ruler was said to work against "ALL" forms of attack, we even have a segment dedicated to illustrating this (i.e we saw Wild ramming him with his Tusks only to be nullified, and the Demon King himself saying no matter what they try, be it magic or physical, it won't reach him but instead strengthen him).

Zeldris' Ruler is said to only work against "Magic" attacks.

The reason Zeldris' Ruler was deactivated was because Zeldris was knocked out for 0.8 seconds, which automatically shutted down his Ruler, granting the Archangel the split second chance to hit Zeldris with a magic attack of his Flash Grace.

@Maxnumb231

-You beating around the push and throwing shit like "Samurai throwing their Katana" doesn't change the fact of what happened. You claim that Zel is perfect at reading his opponent power but you keep denying that he failed to gauge out Escanor power in comparison to his OG magic. I can flip your argument on its head and use Zel' comment on "Mel getting what he deserved" for letting his guard down in the MS version and then I will say even Mel from ch 246 will lose against The One if he let his guard down BECAUSE Zel said so.

>The fact that this chapter literally debunks you, will make my typing time make it easier so please rethink what you're saying

Said the guy who keeps pulling headcanon and BS justification the holes in his argument and make himself look good while accusing other of putting headcanons.

-Except the chapter narrator clearly says that both ON and DK magic was shut down thx to Escanor. I would argue that Esanor's attack also had magical power in it since his body is leaking magical power in the One form. Literally, your whole argument center around "Oh Mel overpowered Zel's magic HE MUST BE WAY STRONGER THAN ESCANOR!"

Escanor's attack has a magical power in it or he won't cutting Mel from 1-2 meter distance if his attack was 100% physical.

-You are gonna pull "Nakama power up" now just to make Mel look good? Say what you want it doesn't change the fact the Sungod crushed much stronger version of Zel compare to Mel. Don't even talk about feat, what Escanor did here is much more impressive.

Do any of you guys have a crunchyroll account?Since the ch288 translation is out the "Full React" pic should be changed so that the ftl thing isnt on Zel's profile

So like was I the only one reading the chapter while playing Escanord Theme??

Also just wanna say....PRASIE THE SUN!!!

i think the whole DK shut down thing was cuz zeldris was uncon so he couldnt use the ability for 0.8 secs but thats how i see it.. also it was stated that zeldris can disable commandments is that on his profile?

He was unconcious for 0.8 seconds, but it still would have taken him a whole second after regaining consciousness to activate The Ruler.

ZERO7772 said:
@Maxnumb231

-You beating around the push and throwing shit like "Samurai throwing their Katana" doesn't change the fact of what happened. You claim that Zel is perfect at reading his opponent power but you keep denying that he failed to gauge out Escanor power in comparison to his OG magic. I can flip your argument on its head and use Zel' comment on "Mel getting what he deserved" for letting his guard down in the MS version and then I will say even Mel from ch 246 will lose against The One if he let his guard down BECAUSE Zel said so.

>The fact that this chapter literally debunks you, will make my typing time make it easier so please rethink what you're saying

Said the guy who keeps pulling headcanon and BS justification the holes in his argument and make himself look good while accusing other of putting headcanons.

-Except the chapter narrator clearly says that both ON and DK magic was shut down thx to Escanor. I would argue that Esanor's attack also had magical power in it since his body is leaking magical power in the One form. Literally, your whole argument center around "Oh Mel overpowered Zel's magic HE MUST BE WAY STRONGER THAN ESCANOR!"

Escanor's attack has a magical power in it or he won't cutting Mel from 1-2 meter distance if his attack was 100% physical.

-You are gonna pull "Nakama power up" now just to make Mel look good? Say what you want it doesn't change the fact the Sungod crushed much stronger version of Zel compare to Mel. Don't even talk about feat, what Escanor did here is much more impressive.
Did meliodas toy around with zeldris?? No? But did he effortlessly beat him along with borrowed magic? Definitely. So the fact that thisdoes notchange my stance does not change or has been addressed the feat that meliodas showed is far superior than escanors. Nullification>>pseudo barrier.

Are you kidding me?? The fact that u relied on translation that was out early before MS and justified that Escanor broke through both of his magic is plain fallacious. Escanor was using physical attacksthe whole time. The fact that this picture and translation clearly makessense than your headcanon and this chapter clearly shows the inconsistencies in your argument clearly debunks that. So please dont ever assume escanor used magical attacks to penetrate his borrowed magic.
Screenshot 20181114-094813 Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back