• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu No Taizai Discussion Thread 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
ByAsura said:
How tall is The One if even a single finger is somewhat comparable to Zeldris in size? Albeit, they seem disproportionate.
Depending on the art he varies greatly in size

Maxnumb231 said:
From what? Why are so many people willfully ignoring what happens in the fight? Yes zel got ******, yes he lost for now...but he did a damn good job and it's sad you choose to ignore in favor of absolute hype
I was talking about you lashing on me for the wrong reason. No one is ignoring the Zel hype here, he did much better against Esanor than I expected.
But like @Siegfried10 pointed out, Holy Sword already lost much of it power when it hit Zel I think. If his ON got crushed then Zel isn't blocking Escanor with his bare hands.

Headcanon on "escanor already lost his power when he used divine sword" so please dont point such assumption without backing it up. Escanors peak is only 1 minute he doesnt lose power until 1 minute is passed
We never said The One lost power, we said Seiken Escanor did. Its not the same blocking the attack with you sword from the start than doing it after Ominous Nebula took the biggest part of the attack. I like Zeldris, but we have to admit that if he had tried to block that with just his sword from the start he would have probably died or at the very least end up really injured.

also zeldris was blowing shit up. As in zeldris snapped his fingers and blew the assault squad back multiple times with explosions, should that be anything of note?

Just re readed the chapter and noticed that Ludo's attack made Zeldris 2nd demon mark dissapear and made his sword break. (After Zeldris was "drilled" by Escanor, his 2nd demon mark was still there and his sword was still intact tho).

From what? Why are so many people willfully ignoring what happens in the fight? Yes zel got ******, yes he lost for now...but he did a damn good job and it's sad you choose to ignore in favor of absolute hype I was talking about you lashing on me for the wrong reason. No one is ignoring the Zel hype here, he did much better against Esanor than I expected.
But like @Siegfried10 pointed out, Holy Sword already lost much of it power when it hit Zel I think. If his ON got crushed then Zel isn't blocking Escanor with his bare hands.

Headcanon on "escanor already lost his power when he used divine sword" so please dont point such assumption without backing it up. Escanors peak is only 1 minute he doesnt lose power until 1 minute is passed
We never said The One lost power, we said Seiken Escanor did. Its not the same blocking the attack with you sword from the start than doing it after Ominous Nebula took the biggest part of the attack. I like Zeldris, but we have to admit that if he had tried to block that with just his sword from the start he would have probably died or at the very least end up really injured.

Thats arbitrary perception. If he was losing his power when he used holy sword then it wouldve never penetrate ON. The fact that escanor was trying in tgis chapter just to cancel out the ON and defeating zeldris with his sword clearly shows that. So it would a positive claim in your position since youre pointing something that isnt outright stated.

Bambo Rt said:
Just re readed the chapter and noticed that Ludo's attack made Zeldris 2nd demon mark dissapear and made his sword break. (After Zeldris was "drilled" by Escanor, his 2nd demon mark was still there and his sword was still intact tho).
Your point being??

Ok so you basically did not read the chapter so let me give you a brief atgument since thats false on your part.

Zeldris said "if youre gonna throw away your weapon, might as qell beg for your life" "But sadly if its you that wont happen" He DID not nor once underestimated escanor and him having statements that he could take him on. What defeated zeldris is ON being deactivated and escanor using holy lance to pierce him without his ON which says your argument being Moot.

Escanor had a hardtime getting through ON which remind you ON does not nullify physical attacks. Meliodas on the other hand bypassed magical nullification despite darkness being in a category of "magical attack".

The whole reason of using zeldris is the fact ON does NOT nullify attacks compare to DKs magic that he borrows. Escanor had a hard time getting through that while meliodas in chapter 246 did it with ease.

>He DID not nor once underestimated escanor

Except he did and had no idea the Sungod was about to rip him a new hole, which says a lot about Zel's perfect "reading".

>What defeated zeldris is ON being deactivated and escanor using holy lance to pierce him without his ON

No shit Ó▓á_Ó▓á!!? Zel was rushed because Escanor crushed his OG Magi with his bare not even using his magic what is your point?

>which says your argument being moot

What are you even talking about?

>Escanor had a hardtime getting through ON which remind you ON does not nullify physical attacks. Meliodas on the other hand bypassed magical nullification despite darkness being in a category of "magical attack".

Anyone who read the chapter knows that ON doesn't nullify physical and he makes up for that with God which deflect magical attacks as well, Esanor used his hands to crush ON and didn't seems to bother with magial attacks.

ON wasn't activated back then and Mel used his sheer force to sumbit his 2 brothers so don't compare that to what Escanor did here.

>Escanor had a hard time getting through that while meliodas in chapter 246 did it with ease.

Again, what is your proof that Zel was using his OG Magic? Mel stomped base Zel w/ God while Escanor stomped Second mark Zel with W/ ON/God, It's diffetent.

Stop with the meaningless comparison between the two. Again I also think FP Mel would beat Escanor based on hype and how Mel seems utterly above everyone else but don't use this Zel situation as your proof

I am not playing anymore on this Escanor vs Mel topic.

Zezu1995 said:
also zeldris blocking the ones attack thats crazy ... not only that we got a 0.8 second time frame maybe we can add that to the calc list along with zeldris nebular vs the big rock and ludos flash bitzing zeldris between 0.8 seconds before he can reactivate his powers
He zel need q more 1sec to reactivate his power

Does anyone know about what happened the downgrading of Country level to Small Country level+ and them becoming Island level again?

Not suggesting anything, I'm just interested.

Can we discuss Chandler ability for a moment? If he's legit turn time into night doesn't that give hax or something? We already seen that simply blocking the sun doesn't effect Esanor so what the hell is Chandler doing?

It's just a limited form of time manipulation. He turns daytime into nighttime, but that's about it. It has no other purposes other than countering vampires, werewolves or Escanor.

This is all that's on there currently for it:

Reality Warping (Can bring true night)

I suggest we change it from Reality Warping to Limited Time Manipulation.

zel need 1 whole second to activate his power ? damn that's long.

for massively hypersonic + beings , 1 second is a long ass time , he can be blitzed easily .

Chandler also needs 1 full second to activate Full Counter IIRC, so at least it is consistent.

The time between Escanor knocking Zel out and Chandler activating his true night must be less than 0.8 sec though.

What this chapter truly establishes is that Zeldris's Magic Resistance and Ominous Nebula can be overpowered and nullified by pure strength, so a higher AP character could nullify his magic power in a fight

So he's not AS OP as I thought

From my understanding it focuses on the aspect of him getting hit in Mid-Air and subsequently having to adjust his stance again which causes the delay, as an crucial part of the plan to overcome him. In general sense him needing 1 second for FC seems unlikely. Especially since we have instances of FC being used consecutively without the 1s time delay from Meliodas, who got it taught by Chandler.

In this particual scene the 1s seems to make sense tho,

I know Meliodas could do Full Counter on multiple spells at once, but when has Meliodas done Full Counter consecutively in less than a second? Didn't that explosive magic lady take advantage of the fact that Meliodas couldn't use Full Counter consecutively quickly to hit him with chain of explosions?

And since the Full Counter generally requires swinging a sword/staff, it makes sense that it might take Chandler around a second to get in position to unleash the next Full Counter (even if he was in midair here which would make it harder).

Oh but FC doesnt require a physical extension to work. You can see it when Estarossa is using it on Derriere. He just used his arm when he imbued it with his Hellfire.

Here and here

I didn't mean they had to require the sword/staff for it to work, but some physical motion is required to trigger the Full Counter. In Estarossa's case there, it meant him swinging his arm.

Be back handed from the cocoon or run away, maybe saving Zeldris and getting him to safety in the process, allowing them to create a stratagem after.

IIRC There was one panel back from the Estarossa/Mael mini arc where it shows everyone here except Chandler and Escanor was in his buff form. If Nakaba still remember that one little scene then I expect Chandler to be defeated next. It's hard to believe Merlin will come out to face them without preparing counter for Chandler after she saw his power

Alright I get what you mean then. Meliodas could not FC chain explosions from Guila because they were surrounding him in a 360 degree and - just like Chandler - after the first explosion he was brought midair and lost his stance.

So if the chain explosion as well as the Chandler instance show any consistency its that a) FC only works from the fron in a rather linear pattern and b) one need straight footing for it.

At least a) is something I believe to be true, since it lines with Meliodas case. After the first FC chandler needing to find his strance to counter the next coming from the front would actually take time.

As for b) Its a could be. I dont remember FC being used while floating. I only recall RC against HD but some chapters later all his clones did it in the air against the Albion. So eh. Not as consistent as a)

PaChi2 said:
No need to start arguing over this as there is no definite proof for either side. However, Prime Mel or whatever you want to call it, should indeed be > The One for the sole fact that someone "comparable" to this Mel is Sunshine Mael. And if The One Mael was that stronger than Meliodas,... well, he wouldnt have been called "comparable". Buut, these are all hypothesis, for all we know maybe Escanor's version Sunshine is stronger than Mael's.
no logic in what you said because we know meliodas was 143k PL. 200k PL archangels<<DK Zeldris<< the one escanor, while chandler and cusack said that no one they know of is able to take on ominous nebula ( includes Meliodas)

Escanors attacks don't destroy abilitiues, he just overpowered Zeldris's magic and abilities, it's not ability negation for Escanor, just that Zeldris's abilities can be overpowered by Raw Power and AP

More of a downgrade for Zeldris than an upgrade for Escanor

so it seems only raw physical strength with higher AP can get pass ON... but ON still grants physically resistance while GOD seals/negates magical attacks... thats still a crazy ass combo... but escaGOAT came thru once again

BTW so we waiting for the manga to finish before we do any calcs etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back