• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My little pony revisions

I have several problems with the tiers given and their justifications. I am going to go through a few which should affect most of the ones comparable. I surprisingly don't really have a problem with most of the tier 4's, but several of the others are problamatic for me.

First off, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Spike the Drago. They are all listed at MCB level. AB and SB's justifications are for being comparable to other ponies. Okay, I don't know what random ponies are MCB level (though I am aware that the pegasai are Island level for the clouds), but even if they were, these two are kids. Unless you are an idiot, you should know that kids are way weaker than adults, so at the very least that's a horrible justification. I qould wait them at 10-C to 10-B, though if there are feats that so them being higher I can be swayed. Spike's Attack Potency pre wings is fine, but that's only with his fire breath, his physical striking strength shouldn't scale, so that's another problem I have. I also don't remember any durability feats that would put him on that level. This also affects Fluttershy, who is listed as being MCB level for being stronger than Spike, even though, again, the MCB rating comes from his fire breath and not his physical punches, and I see no reason at all to believe that her own striking power is stronger than his fire breath.

Now, Rainbow Dash has a country level rating because of this, which is fine, but it's being treated as her default AP and SS when it should only be when she is using the Sonic Rainboom. Her standard AP and SS should be island level to large island level like the other pegasai. This is especially bad because it affects the rating of multiple characters who scale to her, including Shining Armor, who's magical attacks I doubt are as powerful as her SR even though he should as stated be stronger than her otherwise, and possibly Queen Chrysalis, who should also in my opinion be Island level prior to absorbing his love for Cadence. The Sonic Rainboom is her most powerful technique and it increases her power dramatically. If I go flying in at a far higher speed than I normally go, obviously that's gonna do much more damage. She should have her regular AP and striking strength at Island level with a note that her SR puts her at Country level. I'm not sure about her durability, as I am unsure if activating her SR would enhance her durability when she uses it, so I am not sure if that needs to be changed or not.

Finally, Starswirl the Bearded's SS and Durability. His AP with his magic makes sense given that he was able to left a star with great difficulty when helped by 11 other unicorns, but I don't see how his physical blows are comparable to his magical attacks, nore do I recall him being hit with any star level attacks. Before you mention the Pony of Shadows, I don't recall any of his attacks actually hitting Starswirl, but getting repelled by his own magic.

These are my assesments. I would like thoughts on this. If there is anything I was wrong on, even if I screwed up this whole thing (though I don't see how that's possible), please explain.

The Cutie Mark crusaders have been shown to be physically comparable to Spike the Dragon, and actually, his durability would be comparable to his breath given his esophagus would have to have around the same durability as his breath. He also does have some decent lifting strength; and has wrestled those capable of harming him. So Striking strength being comparable to his fire breath isn't a stretch. Cutie Mark Crusaders are shown to be physically on par with spike as are the civilian ponies. Also, a lot of cartoons treat fodder civilians is being much more superhuman than they should be; MLP is no different. And the common trope is it's for kids show; no one's supposed to die no matter how crazy certain things are.

For Rainbow Dash, it's the same case; newton's third law would scale it to her durability. And she's also consistently attacked those capable of harming her and Applejack is no weaker physically. And Applejacks's physical strength is comparable to Rarity's magic. There's also Pinkie Pie being one of the stronger ponies, and Twilight being the strongest of the Mane 6. The other exception is Fluttershy, who's only strong when angered. But even ponies such as Big Mac are stronger yet than Applejack, and other Wonderbolts are comparable to Rainbow Dash.

I'm not too familiar with Starswirl, do I can't give too deep of an input, but I don't think he's a glass cannon and should be treated somewhat how we treat Celestia and Luna.

Not to mention for Rainbow Dash: The entire reason she was initially failing to do the Sonic Rainboom was because she wasn't strong/fast enough to do so. That further supports scaling it her AP.

Well, Discord, Celestia, Twilight, and Tirek all have durability comparable to their magic blasts. I see no reason for it to be any different here. He is right about strking strength. It needs to be changed to unknown for all of the tier 4s Their magic blasts are most certainly tier 4 in AP, but energy blasts aren't counted as striking strength.

Okay, maybe Spike and the CMC are okay, but I don't understand your point about RD. She is going way faster when using the SR, so she would be causing way more damage. That is the justification for her country rating, which is correct. When she's not using it, however, she wouldn't be going nearly as fast and wouldn't be causing nearly as much damage. Maybe her durability is fine, but her AP and SS should only be Island or Large Island level when she's not using the SR. This would also affect all the characters who scale to her. I don't know about their durability but they shouldn't be stronger than her when she is using the SR. Saying AJ is on par with RD when she is using the SR would make her way stronger than RD normally is, when they are clearly shown to be about even in their competitions. Lightbuster30 stated that the 4-C's should have their SS listed as unknown. My biggest problem is with RD and the characters that scale to her being Country level when she only did that with the SR. She does deserve that rating when using the SR, but she and the others should be Island level in SS and AP normally.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
This would also affect all the characters who scale to her. I don't know about their durability but they shouldn't be stronger than her when she is using the SR. Saying AJ is on par with RD when she is using the SR would make her way stronger than RD normally is, when they are clearly shown to be about even in their competitions.
Completely and utterly irrelevant. The entire point is that she is durable enough to survive the Sonic Rainboom. Her durability remains unchanged regardless if she uses the Sonic Rainboom or not because she tanked it's epicenter. As established before: Characters such as Applejack are more than capaple of harming Rainbow Dash, or harming entities that can harm her.

They don't have to overpower Rainbow Dash mid-Sonic Rainboom, only injure her or overpower something capable of injuring her and thus overpowering her 6-B durability, which remains unchanged in base since going fast doesn't increase your durability.

Yeah, I realized what was being said shortly after I made that post. I now get the point. Still, the 4-C's should have their SS changed to unknown. Thanks for explaining.

You do realize that as far as statements are considered, Rainboom is Mach 10. And Rainbow is usually moving Massively Hypersonic when she does tornadoes despite her speed being Relativistic+ via being faster than Twilight, who is comparable to Luna and Celestia in speed. Oh wait, that was already addressed.

Actually, Twilight Sparkle has used her magic to enhance her ramming strength during the battle with Tirek iirc, so striking strength seems fine to scale from regular attack potency.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Actually, Twilight Sparkle has used her magic to enhance her ramming strength during the battle with Tirek iirc, so striking strength seems fine to scale from regular attack potency.
I had not considered that. And it wasn't Twilight, you're thinking of Tirek. His crash was powerful enough to shrink Twilight's aura shield. Nevermind then, I guess striking strength can stay.

Back