• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony FiM Revision Thread (Warning: Season 9 Spoilers) [Part 2]

Not the main topic: But should we just make Tempest Shadow Low 4-C outright? It says she is Low 4-C for via bombs because they broke Cadance's shield. But the thing is: The bomb didn't explode and break it. If you watch the scene, the Tempest kicks the bomb at Cadance, Cadance puts up a shield, the bomb impacts her shield, breaks through it and then explodes, petrifying Cadance. Beyond petrifaction, the bombs haven't shown any special abilities by themselves and when not being used to petrify, which means the bomb broke the shield because Tempest kicked it that hard.

Giving her Low 4-C would also solve the problem of a tier 6 being strong enough to make a tier 4 flee throughout the movie.

Counterpoints: "She's an untrained Unicorn with a broken horn." Yeah sure, it's not like she worked under the Storm King for years conquering countries for the guy. And her broken horn just prevents her from using magic for spells such as telekinesis, transfiguration, or any spell more complex than a basic magic blast. Implying her AP is limited by a broken horn is unproven.

I agree that Tempest Shadow should be compatible if not superior to Twilight Sparkle. While it was mentioned the Alicorns appeared nerfed in the movie, there's no reason for Storm King or Tempest to be that much weaker. The minions are still fodder though.

I am fine with if you upgrade Tempest.

There is still the question what we should do about Discord though.

That seems reasonable. Any characters, powers, and objects stronger than he is should also scale naturally.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I agree that Tempest Shadow should be compatible if not superior to Twilight Sparkle. While it was mentioned the Alicorns appeared nerfed in the movie, there's no reason for Storm King or Tempest to be that much weaker. The minions are still fodder though.
Does that mean we should give The Storm King Low 4-C as well? He did threaten Tempest if she failed.

I do not know. He did not seem to possess any magic of his own.

Storm King overall was a rather featless character, would've liked to see what he could've done without the staff.

Anyways. I'm curious, where does the High 4-C stuff come from?

Being very casually Star level due to moving the Sun with a fraction of Celestia's full power, with very small differences between the borders of 4-C and High 4-C.

Hmm. It seems like they are only 715.59x apart, but we nevertheless do not know how small part of Celestia's power that was in the amulet.

Maybe "At least High 4-C" would be better?

Thanks for the clarification.

I also agree Discord should be 'High 4-C, likely higher'. Possibly even 'High 4-C, far higher', since Universe level is really far away from Large Star level.

I am personally fine with "At least High 4-C, possibly far higher" for Discord.

Remind me again why we're giving High 4-C for stomping people who move the Sun with an unquantifiable fraction of their power? That fragment could be anywhere from 50% to less than 10% of her power. Without anything quantifiable this sounds speculatory at best.

Without proper feats I would personally keep things as they are now for the princesses and Discord (I have no clue if we're still on the 3-A stuff). That is to say: At least 4-C.

I do have a number of theoretical feats, which again, only work in theory and I'd need the viability of the methods confirmed by calc members before doing anything with them.

At least High 4-C, likely far higher sounds about right for Discord and those who scale above him.

Well you have the Pony of Shadows absorbing the light of every star in the night sky. In particular I believe he absorbed all the light the Sun would ever give off since he absorbed reflected light off the Moon. Basically, the Sun is where the Moon gets it's brightness from right? Then if he only absorbed the light reflected off the Moon the Sunlight would hit it yet again and the Moon would be back to full brightness. Therefore, he'd have to absorb all the light the Sun would ever produce to keep that from happening.

This is a relatively minor revision, but should we include an additional note on the MLP page linking the email confirming the size of the Sun? Basically remove the note from every character who has it and put it on the front page. It looks cleaner than having it on the character profiles, and it's far easier to find.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
At least High 4-C, likely far higher sounds about right for Discord and those who scale above him.
This seems fine, although I would use "possibly".

Lightbuster30 said:
Without proper feats I would personally keep things as they are now for the princesses and Discord (I have no clue if we're still on the 3-A stuff). That is to say: At least 4-C.
Okay. This seems fine as well then.

About Discord... Tirek did absorb his chaotic magic but I guess it's similar to how Ginyu couldn't use Goku's full power when he stole his body. Maybe it's PIS that Tirek even absorbed his magic unless if he completely off guard or suppressed heavily. Based on what I'm guessing: alicorn of Chaos cozy glow, post Discord Tirek and chaotic Pinkie pie are all at least High 4-C (untrained chaos would make them weaker then even casual Discord except that Tirek already had 2 alicorns absorbed) while full power discord is potentially 3-A. Discord was still stronger then all 3 together after there power up even tho Tirek was already comparable to his post mane 6 or higher.

So should we apply what I quoted in my last two posts?

According to the rules, moving the sun FTL is baseline 4-C.

The Amulet with a "small part" of Celestia's power can do it, So:

4-C = Amulet < Celestia

In the case of a full power Celestia, unless the "small part" is more than 17.88% of her power, she would be High 4-C. She would be 4-C+ if the amulet was at most 35.77% of her power.

I highly doubt anyone considers 35.77% or even 17% a "small part."

At least 4-C+, possibly/likely High 4-C or just High 4-C.

Xenomorphios said:
About Discord... Tirek did absorb his chaotic magic but I guess it's similar to how Ginyu couldn't use Goku's full power when he stole his body. Maybe it's PIS that Tirek even absorbed his magic unless if he completely off guard or suppressed heavily. Based on what I'm guessing: alicorn of Chaos cozy glow, post Discord Tirek and chaotic Pinkie pie are all at least High 4-C (untrained chaos would make them weaker then even casual Discord except that Tirek already had 2 alicorns absorbed) while full power discord is potentially 3-A. Discord was still stronger then all 3 together after there power up even tho Tirek was already comparable to his post mane 6 or higher.
There's no reason for Discord to have been suppressed or completely caught off guard. He was literally facing Tirek at the time. I don't get why everyone's so against Post-Mane 6 Tirek being stronger than DIscord. There is very little suggesting that Discord is any more than 2x alicorn level, and much more evidence supporting that he is. Also, what suggests Discord is stronger than all 3 of them combined? Chrysalis was able to bind him and he couldn't free himself after struggling. You could say the size thing with Cozy, but I already explained that in an earlier comment. Here.

"It's definitely possible that this Tirek is only as strong as he was during his Canterlot invasion, considering he got hurt by a blast from Twilight, and in general the three don't seem to be much stronger than slightly above Alicorn level (Cozy)-decently above Alicorn Level (Tirek). Actually, the huge Cozy thing could still make sense. Let's say Tirek and Chrysalis in these forms are about 1.5x alicorn level. Cozy is at least 1x alicorn level, and so Discord would only have to be 2x alicorn level for the statement to make sense and not imply Discord as the strongest being in the verse. Sure, there's the stronger than ever argument, but I think that was just meant to be hype more than anything else."

Also as far as Discord treating everyone like a joke an stomping them? Yeah, that tends to happen when you put a reality warper up against people with no resistances to it. Not a lot you can do against a guy who can snap/think your brain into confetti, or your attacks for that matter. You'd think a guy with 3-A reality warping would be able to use it to overpower Celestia's new and improved spell on the Elements or break Starlight's banishment spell and yet he couldn't.

Okay... haven't checked on this Thread for like a day and there's a million responses now. I'm guessing 3-A is going out the window then? That's a shame.

Back