• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh I guess. Though now that you mentioned it, did Starlight and Spike even one shot the monsters they were fighting? Cause didn't the bugbear just runaway completely fine while the giant eagle only got burnt feathers?

Still powerful enough to make them run off. Consider this: an ursa minor is considered a huge threat, yet Rockhoof tosses an adult into space. By this point; unless explicitly stated like the Tatzlewurm, I'm convinced that monsters only pose a threat when they need to.

(Rewatching, I just noticed the 1st 15 seconds shows the Student 6 getting on a train! Yay! They remembered & explained! I hadn't seen much of them before on previous watches!

Also, amusing sightings: AWill Farrel-esque elf pony being chased by a raccoon. XD Poor thing. Pony covered in jam kissing a cherry jam jar, & the salespony looking on awkwardly.)

One thing I just remembered: The Winterchilla/Winterzilla thing happens when it becomes night. ....And we see day become night in seconds.

Do we have other timeframes for Celestia lowering the sun &/or Luna raising the moon like this one? (Even if they're off-screen.)

The Winterzilla is attracted to sparkly things. It also seems to be able to eat & chew Christmas like ornaments without bother, as it does so twice. Aren't those often sharp glass/plastic/metal? If it can digest them....

Just to be sure, Flurry Heart has shown fine control telekinesis & teleportation before, right?

During Twilight's researching into the pudding, we're told the ponies on the 1st Hearthwarming's Eve defeated the Windigos. I forget, is this new information? (When even was the last time we saw a Windigo? Season 2?)

During the song, Spike is carrying not only Twilight's list, but Fluttershy, Rarity & Rainbow Dash & is able to continue dragging them along for a few seconds before he has to stop with their entangled mess on the ground weighing him down. Could this be applicable to his Lifting Strength in his Post Puberty key?

The names of the Mane 6 are "written" as Cutie Marks/images. Should we take this as the official way of writing their names, for corner cases? (Ex: If there's a Death Note or something that works on ponies.)

Derpy doesn't realize that the mailing address is Sweet ACORN Acres until she reads with a magnifying glass. This may be indicative of an illiteracy related disability worth mentioning on her profile.

Do we know the location of Sweet Acorn Orchards/Acres? We don't see any sign Rarity took a train there... but then again, we don't get a timeframe, so I guess not really a speed feat, eh? Dangit. (Nothing to scale her above Peak Human for her base Unicorn form?)

Shining Armor has great agility to jump, grab a hanging drape, swing from it to a higher balcony, & do a flip while shooting a beam from his horn before he lands. Should it be mentioned as a feat to indicate his skill?

Discord says "Oh for Scorpan's sake". Should we take that as indication of Scorpan having been in FiM's timeline/universe? Or Discord being Discord & referencing things not necessarily present in his universe?

Pinkie Pie listing off the recipe & her flashback indicates her gift from the recipe was knowing the recipe perfectly. So, the Reindeer can endow beings with centuries old knowledge, like very old magical pudding recipes?

All 3 of Aurora, Bore (Is that how you spell it? Bori? Boree?) & Alis have flight, as shown by the ending. Fast enough to fly from outside Twilight's Castle to in front of the camera in seconds. (About 5 for Aurora, 4.5 for Bori, & 4 seconds for Alis it looks like.)

Discord doing "two thumbs way up" creates 2 seemingly rocket-propelled, giant versions of his thumbs, which fly up & explode into fireworks. Explosion Manipulation for Discord? Possibly also Technological Manipulation? (Then again, his magic did nothing but create what I'm only ASSUMING to be machines; They could've been automated from there rather than been controlled by it, even if they are technology.)

Another Hearth's Warming Eve has passed. How old is Spike now?

So yeah. Any of that worth working out? Any meaningful conclusions to be made, or am I just blathering?

We do have timeframes like that for Raising the moon / Sun

Flurry has shown both telekinesis and teleportation in the episode FLurry of Emotion

The Windigo's being defeated is litterally to origin of Hearth's warming

I suppose that could be a feat for Spike he also has a lifting feat in Father knows beast

Scorpan was mentioned in Tirek's backstory

Shining Atmour being able to do that isn't surprising and maybe?

Pinkie knew what was missing because that was her gift the ingredients

I agree about the flight not sure there's enough info for profiles though

Explosion manip could work tech manip maybe

Twilight and Starlight could also possibly get Tech manip for repairing the Cutie map?

Phoenix821 said:
Pinkie knew what was missing because that was her gift the ingredients
That's my point. As Twilight was talking to her, Pinkie listed off the recipe, as if she knew it, & then had a flashback to her time with the reindeer. Even if she had the ingredients, I'm pretty sure Pinkie wouldn't have used them properly without the knowledge of what to do.

And I'm pretty sure it wasn't a written recipe.

So, it seems reasonable that the reindeers are capable of giving centuries old knowledge of recipes, & thus, other old knowledge, as gifts, no?

(I mean, not that they'll get profiles soon, but still valuable to settle things out first, right?)

Spike has a much better lifting feat in "Rarity Takes Manehattan", where he carries several brief cases bigger than himself with ease. In the comics, he also lifted Zecora over his head and ran to the castle with no hassle whatsoever.

Scorpan appeared in FIEndship is Magic #2 as Tireks half brother, and also appeared in The Journal of Two Sisters if i'm not mistaken.

Sweet Acorn Orchards is in "Nowhere, Equestria". If I had to make an educated guess, it's probably somewhere in the Palomino-Macintosh region but she probably took a train or something.

What about Twilight asking "How do you know the recipe?". And then there's a flashback to her. "I don't get it." "You will."

The dialogue suggests to me that Pinkie was given the knowledge of the recipe. It's possible she was given both that & the ingredients. But if she DIDN'T know the recipe, how would she know the proportions that were explicitly required to be exact to use?

Hence why I think she got the recipe & the ingredients.

(Also, thank you, Phoenix821 for clarifying the stuff I had forgotten for my questions earlier. Been a while since I've seen a lot of episodes, & my memory is not the best.)

But Pinkie Pie didn't seem to think she knew the exact proportions needed to fix it when listing the ingredients.

The fact that she verbally filled out what was needed after Twilight said part of it before flashing back to getting ingredients -indicating remembering she had them at all- says to me she knew the recipe without knowing it at the time.

(Sorry if my arguing about this is unpleasant.)

I admit, Pinkie Pie is an experienced, & skilled baker, with lots of quirks, but I'd still be skeptical.

Besides explicitly requiring exact proportions, by Twilight's own admission, Chancellor Pudding's Legendary Pudding recipe was filed under magical spells, not recipes (Supposing this refers to where it's documented, this could make it especially hard to find.), & took Twilight 4 hours to find it in what is presumably an extensive collection of books, recipe, spell & otherwise.

That doesn't sound like a well documented recipe, & if Twilight had difficulty finding it -I mean, isn't she far more skilled at searching books than Pinkie Pie- in a vast library, how would Pinkie know it with much less written recipe exposure, especially when the recipe is dangerous -meaning probably not many people learned/used it- & may not be passed on by word of mouth that well?

Well she found the book on the elements quickly and Twiight probably spent most of those 4 hours looking through recipe books.

Yes, but how many other times has she found a specific book easily? Not to mention, searching skills or not, Pinkie uses literature a lot less than Twilight. Unless the legendary pudding was passed down by word of mouth regularly for years, it seems a lot less likely she'd know it than Twilight, because she'd be less exposed to likely sources of info on it, no?

I think you're looking to far into this. The reindeer can see the past present and future collectively so they knew exactly what Pinkie needed to stop the rampaging Pudding and gave it to Pinkie to give to Twilight as a gift.

Equestria Girls I've actually used in the past to help disprove that

Since it's closest to our reality as it can be and doesn't have any noticeable differences between Equestria's sun and it

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Probably? I already found a direct WoG statement about the star thing 2 years ago
Not everyone takes WoG, especially when it's not formal.

I mean, the sun does still rotate around Equestria. But would be interesting if the rest of the solar system did as well. But yeah, the sun is definitely a real sun sized star.

Believe me he's right I've brought it up before to some people and they didn't buy it because "all WOG is wrong otherwise Harry Potter is Relativistic"

Also i was looking through the comic where Celestia takes Blueblood on as a student instead of Twilight and found some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back