• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how an encounter between Tirek & Tirek would go, without the "guaranteed to be trying to defeat each other" stipulation. Dunno all that much about old Tirek's behaviour. Please forgive me if this is inaccurate &/or cringe:

Old Tirek: "You! Help me enslave these ponies, to turn them into dragons & we shall cover this land in ETERNAL DARKNESS!"

New Tirek: "Will there be any problems if I drain them of their magic & maybe later betray you?"

Old Tirek: "...."

So for curiocities sake, did anyone notice the sky kinda warp when Twilight ascended to Alicornhood? I can't tell if it's me or not, but it sorta looks like the sky moves or distorts a bit when Twilight's cutie mark forms in the sky. Anyone else see that?

Lightbuster30 said:
So for curiocities sake, did anyone notice the sky kinda warp when Twilight ascended to Alicornhood? I can't tell if it's me or not, but it sorta looks like the sky moves or distorts a bit when Twilight's cutie mark forms in the sky. Anyone else see that?
Don't really see it.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
>Tirek is a "planeswalker"

2-A G1 when? Ovo
The source on Tirek being a Planeswalker also compared him to Hytherio, so I was really tempted to list him as High 1-C, but it was only in terms of their brutality, not power.

Honestly I would not be surprised if we got Tier 2 stuff eventually out of G1 media. I mean, there's over 2,000 comic stories to go through...

I assume G1, G2, G3 and G4 all take place in the same multiverse. It's never specified that they don't AFAIK but they're not really connected at all, though there is a pretty cool theory that the Long Winter caused in FiM may be connected to the device used by King Charlatan to freeze over Ponyland in "Baby, it's cold outside". But it's easily debunked by the simple fact that G1 MLP took place in the "real world". They even visit Canada and Texas at one point.

Anyway, if we treat Generation 1 as a purely disconnected series, then we have at least two timelines. The "real world" and "magic world" that Glory visits during "Glory, the Magic Unicorn". There's also Tales, the slice of life spin-off that may also count as an alternate timeline.

Really? Wierd. Everytime I watch that scene it feels like the screen kinda expands. Maybe it's the light of the explosion or something, idk.

Ah now I get it. I had assumed the arrows on the left would set you 10s back and forth. Didn;t realize you could adjust how much. Seriously thanks for showing me this, I'll have to remind myself to bookmark it before I close out.

And yeah, I can confirm at 1 frame it does appear to expand and move. It's subtle, but going frame by frame the scene and objects within it appear to move as the light expands.

Phoenix821 said:
It's hard to tell. Will you calc the PoS absorbing those stars?
Nah, got debunked by someone on the basis that the PoS absorbed the light of the moon without destroying it.

If it's any consolation, I now know that Rarity and Applejack moved at FTL speeds when they ran towards each other (faster than lightning, not faster than light, as much as I wish it were) Remember the video I showed? Well at exactly 4020 frames is when we see the two running towards each other, no lightning bolt in sight. At 4021 they are hugging each other and the lightning has appeared at that same frame. Exactly 1 frame FTLightning.

Yeah, absorbing the light of small stars is Moon level iirc, so times that by 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Which nets me about 1.255e+50 J. 1.25 MegaFOE

Darkanine said:
Yeah, absorbing the light of small stars is Moon level iirc, so times that by 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
Which nets me about 1.255e+50 J. 1.25 MegaFOE
Um Dark, I don't think he absorbed the light of every star in the universe, just the 2000 we currently see, which would be planet level.

So remember Rainbow Dash dodging lightning in Season 4? First one got rejected because of aim dodging? Well if you watch frame by frame there is a second flash of lightning at 3.36.62 seconds, and Rainbow Dash has moved to the right at 3.36.70, could be useful.

New Tails of Equestria adventure book released, "The Haunting of Equestria".

It's apparently about ghosts, but also exploring the MLP multiverse? I dunno, but Red Princess Luna is pretty dope. If all goes well, I ordered one of the few American copies they put out.

Riverhorse never releases digital scans (much to my eternal frustrations) so digital scans are nowhere to be found (although the original gamebook has a scan somewhere)

If all goes well, I can scan any feats or statements I find. Not sure how canon the books are, but they always go out of there way to be consistent with the series pre-established lore.

And it wasn't Pinkie's power that did it, it was the Golden Apple.

Still nice, though. Has to be 4-C since that sun was ludicrously FTL too.

Well, is there anything to suggest they're nonstandard members of the Equestria Girl species? And the EQG Main Six are the same species & originate from the same universe, right?

Mathematically, how does it compare? Do they have other feats, showing or canon losses? Could it be an outlier?

@Imag

FiM Bon Bon is supposed to be pretty strong by pony standards since she hunts monsters and stuff (she even defeated Rockhoof in the mobile game, apparently). I don't think that translates much to her EQG self, which has only really been given screentime a few times as far as I know.

Side note but her quest in the mobile game also says Dr. Hooves time machine can twist the entire timeline into a knot, so that's cool.

@Phoenix, Yeah, the figures are gorgeous. I hope they do more characters (I would LOVE to see the Princesses).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back