• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! The Akira Himekawa manga was a ton of fun, so I hope this one is going to be as good.

As for G1, it's split off into several sub-continuities. The Moon level feat comes from a book that seems to follow the original comic continuity (the second comic continuity was based off Tales which was set in the "real world"). The comics have a lot of feats involving Star creation, but I'm pretty sure stars in G1 MLP were pretty small, like a few feet in diameter small.

Theirs about 243 comics in the original comic continuity, with at least 5 stories each, so there's a lot of material I haven't read yet, and I've only watched a handful of episodes of the cartoon series. The best feat I found there is Penguin King freezing a country in "Baby, it's Cold Outside". Best feat I found in Tales is Bazzle destroying a portion of a cave, though it has alicorns in it so idk, might be strong.

Edit: There's also that other Moon level feat with that wizard manhandling the moon, so it's consistent I guess?

Interesting. Do we have any feats we can apply to baseline for the cast? Something that can scale to a lot of the characters or low tiers?

Less importantly, some weeks ago, circumstances lead to me watching the G1 Smooze movie -I think it's G1?- & it was... interesting. What I thought was notable:

1. The Smooze, when being created, despite missing a key ingredient I forget the name of, was still able to thrive & create more of itself even in what I think was the lava of a volcano, where the witches were. It also does fine with being in rushing water, & can easily move over huge hills & across fields in seconds.

2. The Rainbow of Light was able to prolongedly fight & damage the Smooze, to a moderate extent... then the Smooze somehow gets the RoL beaten, trappd under it or something. Not sure if it was well explained. Ultimately, the Smooze is cleared away by... Flutter ponies, I think they were called?

3. I think, at some point, while the heroes were running out of a corn field, a fissure opens up in the ground, which may have had to do with The Smooze's environmental destruction. Not sure if applicable, but neat.

4. Having Smooze on a being seems to make them negative. Mean-spirited, or not hopeful, sad, etc. It's also very difficult to remove; Spike (G1) had a little bit of Smooze on his tail for a lot of the movie & I'm presuming he was a bit less cheerful, & couldn't get it off physically or with water. 2 ponies who had Smooze on them were much worse in attitude, IIRC.

There may be other, noteworthy stuff in the movie. I can check it again, if need be.

Ahhh. So other than probably not caring about how water moves it & being able to survive in lava, maybe not notable, nor would creating a fissure be notable? (Although, ED, plus, might not even break into tier 7.)

Also, neat feats, Dark! (Although, I'll probably look at 'em a little later this evening, sorry.)

Does the Rainbow of Light have any feats? Smooze could scale to that due to repeatedly taking hits from it & eventually keeping it down, despite the RoL getting free when the Flutterponies blew away the Smooze.

If I find time, I might look at an episode list on Wikipedia &/or a Wiki & see if I can find anything that looks like a notable feat to base off what episodes to check out.

Like I said, I've only seen a few episodes from the original cartoon. Only "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and "Would Be Dragonslayer". The latter of which because I find ponies beating the crap out of a 10 year boy endlessly amusing.

MyLittleWiki is the only good wiki for G1 stuff, but even they have a lot of holes where content should be.

Just watched Midnight Castle, it had some good feats.

• The presence of Scorpan and his dragons covered Dream Castle and the nearby lands in stormclouds, which seemed to stretch all the way to Midnight Castle.
  • Firefly flew from Dream Castle to some human place in at most a few hours.
  • Firefly also bucked away a small dragon.
  • Rainbow of Darkness transmutes stuff into big dragons and could plunge the world into eternal night.
  • Tirek's death throes alone were enough to shatter stone statues at the base of his castle, while he was at the top of it. Also, they seemed to cause a thunderstorm.
  • Rainbow of Light completely overpowered and dissipated Tirek's thunderstorm.

Nice.

I was looking at the Omar feat and he never did anything to the moon. He said "I shall have to fly about for a while and think about this. I do my best thinking while I am flying." No mention of him doing it Rudolph the prince even said he tricked him.

I heard about that special before about how it's Surprisedly dark for MLP standards at the time

G1 In general was more adventure like kinda like G4 is sometimes today

@Phoenix

The trick was to get him away so Rudolph could restore Glory's horn, not to make him do something he can't. The fact that he has to think about whether or not he should get the moon is pretty impressive, so I think Possibly 5-C is fine.

@JS

"If by midnight I do not have a fourth pony, a head will roll. HIS!" - Actual quote

I can defiantly see little kids getting scared by the two-parter. Seeing the ponies chained up, nearly drowning, held at spear point, fear for their lives and rather darkly get transmuted into mindless dragons are pretty messed up things to watch...but at the same time, the tone shifts and out of place music takes some of that away.

More G1 feats.

• Somnambula managed to create a circus and entire mountain side with her magic with her magic, and could cause earthquakes with ease. ("Somnambula")
  • Big Brother Ponies managed to tear metal hatches from stone walls and knocked down huge metal doors. ("Somnambula")
  • Gnome Wizard created a flying castle and island, which moved faster than Pegasus. ("Flight to Cloud Castle")
  • Ferdinand/"Salamander" vaporized an entire moat of water. ("Flight to Cloud Castle")
  • Garth the Gnome caused an earthquake that shook the Cloud Castle and its island and later created a lake filled with mud, large enough to completely contain the island and then some. ("Flight to Cloud Castle")
So...consistently Tier 7 stuff so far, factoring in Tirek and Scorpan's feats. There was a gag speed feat in "The Prince and the Ponies" where the Newly Born Twins nearly dodged lightning, but it was in a dream sequence where the Baby Ponies kept thinking of worse ways for the twins to die (seriously). Think I might start working on a respect thread/blog to better organize the feats.

And the award for the most unlikable character in My Little Pony history goes too... (for context, these ponies aren't even like, a month old yet)]

@Phoenix. Good find, should be useful.

Nah, they moved (a little bit but still) in the allotted time of the lightning flash, which I believe is about 0.00000227272s. I dunno, I remember there was some problems in a TMNT feat where Shredder did something similar but I think that was because the way Shredder moved, not the feat itself.

Darkanine said:
Nah, they moved (a little bit but still) in the allotted time of the lightning flash, which I believe is about 0.00000227272s. I dunno, I remember there was some problems in a TMNT feat where Shredder did something similar but I think that was because the way Shredder moved, not the feat itself.
So close to mhs+? Consistient with Rainbow Dash supposedly outflying lightning bolts. Say could we assume cloud destruction values for whenever a pegasi destroyd s cloud? It completrly dissapears afterwords, and Rainbow destroyed like half a storm in seconds.

I found the feat by browesing a MLP feat thread from Narutoforums glad to see one of my friends shared it here

Js250476 said:
Ye i do been following that thread since he made it and do check out his posts from time to time
Yeah we had a small chat actually when I posted the rainboom calc over there for further evaluation.

Darkanine said:
Wait which scene did you mean? I was talking about Twilight turning off the lights and putting on a bedsheet in in the span of a lightning flash. Oh and there is another good feat too. If you pay attention here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCsFg07-Czc at 2:39-2:40 and slow it down a bunch, you can see Rarity and Applejack rushing towards each other as a second bolt of lightning begins poking out at the top of the screen.

It shows the range was higher then we thought considering it not only noved those mountains but the ones in the background and even reached the sky and moved the clouds a bit.

https://***************.to/Comic/My-Little-Pony-Nightmare-Knights/Issue-2?id=144353#1

Second issue is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back