• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That scene with Marble broke my heart.

And theirs the bit with Luna and Celestia being able to alter the fabric of reality.

I find it funny that Aris and Cosmos were revealed the same day

Like that's gotta be one of the best coincidences for this series for characters

If i'm remembering correctly, she meant destroying the world by causing civilization to crumble by causing eternal nightmares.

So, is it too early to start discussing Best Gift Ever? (Also, I just found an upload, so I'm rewatching as I type this.)

Sandbar is quite cool I agree. Also, yeah, the episode with Marble was really great.

It was also hinted at in the Song friendship bound when they mentioned seasons Starlight said for 9 at least.

>It'll end with Season 9.

>No Season 10 after 10 years, premiering on October 10th, 2020.

(Dangit, Wiki, let me edit in a sad face! :( There.)

Damn that would have been perfect

I'm wondering if the finale will have that end of series feel like something big happens and it ends off on a good note

Imo the ones before that kinda felt like that were season 3 and 5's finales

For what it's worth, we're getting a comic called 20/20.

IIRC, they never said 9 would be the final season, it's just the last confirmed. Technically, most of the stuff with G5 hasn't been confirmed AFAIK, it's still just rumors.

Or alternatively, they meant 9 more seasons after this season.

For what it's worth, we're getting a comic called 20/20.

IIRC, they never said 9 would be the final season, it's just the last confirmed. Technically, most of the stuff with G5 hasn't been confirmed AFAIK, it's still just rumors.

Is it canon? The comic?

It's going to be as canon as any other IDW comic. So probably not. It contradicts IDW continuity already despite not even being released yet, so that's fun.

The whole event is either about stories 20 years in the past or future with different IDW series (Jem, Star Wars, TMNT, Ghostbusters). I kind of wish the MLP one was set in the future instead.

So. Stuff that interested me about the special, VSBW-wise.

Aurora, Bore & Alis's abilities & what exactly their gift was & its nature.

Pinkie Pie can toonforce a zipper onto her own mouth to muffle her speech.

Do we actually see the Winterchilla move? Supposedly, it was fast enough that Rainbow Dash's speed would be needed to catch it, but this could be just Discord lying. Although, it did manage to be following quickly behind her on her way to Ponyville as a Winterzilla.

When Discord & RD enter the Castle, Discord flash transforms out of a serpentine form. Flight form?

The Winterzilla's breath blows away Twilight's dome forcefield. Unmentioned anti-magic breath? Raw power? PIS? If PIS, we should have good reason why, no?

I think Pinkie has done the toonforce zipper thing in earlier episodes.

Winterzilla being comparable to Dash and Twilight seems fine. We've seen time and time again that strong monsters like it, Bugbear, Hydra and countless others are comparable/superior to them. I don't want to assume it's a special ability without confirmation.

Darkanine said:
I think Pinkie has done the toonforce zipper thing in earlier episodes.

Winterzilla being comparable to Dash and Twilight seems fine. We've seen time and time again that strong monsters like it, Bugbear, Hydra and countless others are comparable/superior to them. I don't want to assume it's a special ability without confirmation.
Being fair, Starlight stomped the Bugbear in a single blast. And even monsters like the Tatzlewurm has statements of being comparable to top tier magic.

That was only when she's emotional. It's been established that Starlight's magic is connected to her emotions. Normally she's on par with Twilight, but when she's emotional she's unquantifiably stronger than in base.

I'm pretty sure a Bugbear assaulting the town woyld make so eone pretty emotional. Also: Unquantifiable is a key word. Very big key word.

I mean she did casually one shot the bugbear which is comparable or stronger than Twilight who is comparable to her base form. So I don't see what's wrong with the word since one shots are kinda unquantifiable in general.

Tanking blasts doesn't make you stronger, durable yes, but he'd need to physically overpower Twiligh's magic with his own attack to be stronger. And again Twilight was easily just as emotional as Starlight given the lives of her friends were in danger. The simple solution is PIS. Just like Spike one-shotting something that tanked Twilights blasts so he could be the hero.

Then you have Twilight implying she could open the doors to Tartaurus if she had her magic, a feat that required the magic of all the prisoners there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back