• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Izuku explained the difference between 5% and 8% as "obviously small", which implies that his 8% is a multiplier of 1.6.

And the 1,000,000% was a war cry according to the author, in fact Deku was using his true 100%, the doctor explained to Deku that the human body limits its power to 80% normally.

I have reservations about Izuku's current 5% rating.

1) The calc for Todoroki's casual fire has numerous issues which we've gone over (unclear timeframe, no manga evidence he can spread his heat out that much, no evidence he being casual about it since it was offscreen). I'd rather see one of Todoroki's actual fire blasts be calced than scaling from his heat generation.

2) Izuku hits Stain in the head three times with his 5% punches. The first two times, Stain is merely staggered by Izuku's attacks and comments that they lack power. He only shows a notable reaction when he is being hit by Iida & Izuku simultaneously, or when Iida & Todoroki hit him simultaneously.

3) Todoroki's fire blast was enough to badly burn Stain's face and knock him out of the fight (all of the other attacks he took contributed of course but Todoroki's was the finishing blow). This is a pretty big difference from Izuku's attacks which only staggered him so I don't see why Izuku's 5% has to be equal to Todoroki's fire blast.

4) Izuku's 5% punches hurt Todoroki during the Sports Festival, yes but not by much. All we see of it is Todoroki coughing once, clutching his side then continuing the fight easily. He shows no sign from that point onward of having taken any actual damage from the attacks.

5) Izuku's 5% Full Cowl being Small Building level would be more consistent with the rest of his showings in the series. We've seen him kick boulders apart, smash through walls casually, etc. There's nothing there ruling out him only being Small Building level.

I know a downgrade wouldn't be popular because it would set quite a few profiles back slightly, but I'm still against Izuku's 5% being Building level.

I agree that Deku could barely hurt Stain with his first two punches, and in the third punch he put more power than he could control, almost breaking his arm.

We can always scale Deku 5% to Bakugou's Stun Grenade.

It wasn't Bakugo's Stun Grenade you calced, but one of Bakugo's explosions that he used to follow up the Stun Grenade.

Bakugo uses the Stun Grenade later in his fight with Izuku and it doesn't make an 'explosion', just a bright release of light.

EDIT: But I suppose scaling him to that would be better than the current scaling.

BlackeJan said:
Tbh 5% Deku should be 9-A+ since it gives him a tiny boost
Scaling him to Bakugo's typical explosions would make him 9-A+.

But does he scale? Given Bakugou had an edge over him and he was just a bit over Bakugou when he used 8%, meaning Bakugou should be somewhere between 5% and 8%.

Or was that edge merely thanks to skill?

I see. In this case, Deku should scale. What's the value so we can calc the rest of the values? Like, for the other levels of OFA. Or can we use the ones from OP?

8% Deku would had beaten Bakugou easily since he BARELY reacted and the only reason he was able to protect himself at the last sec was cause "your attack was straightforward so it was easy to tell what was gonna happe" or something along those lines meaninig if they werent easy to read then Bakugou would had gotten destroyed

Yeah, 8% Deku (without his Iron Soles) hit Bakugo only twice and did a lot of damage. He would have won if Bakugo wasn't so skilled.

Since I calculated Bakugou's large explosion at 0.16 tons, that would leave Deku 8% without his iron soles at 0.256 tons, baseline 8-C.

Bakugou should be Building level with his strongest explosions.

If 100% can scale from other feats, we don't use the multiplier.

So no one is scaling to Todoroki's fire anymore then? Mirio has to be downgraded along with all of the other Building level+ characters? (Execpt for Fat Gum and Rappa)

Still, seems kinda...weak. :c Also not consistent with Deku being able to one-shot 1.81 tons with 20%.

Unless you make base 9-A, 5% be 9-A+, 8% be 8-C, 20% be High 8-C and 100% be 8-B. Is that the case?

Since the explosions are directed away from Bakugo, can we really say that Bakugo is tanking them?

It scales to his durability via Newton's Third Law.

For it to be hitting Bakugo as much as his opponent, the explosion would have to be omnidirectional / have as much force going backwards as it does going forwards. I don't think that's the kind of thing Horikoshi takes into account as almost always Bakugo's explosions are directed away from him and he's not hit by them.

EDIT: Like when Bakugo did the Howitzer Impact. He was on the edge of the blast, he didn't tank his own explosion.

Bakugou suffers from the recoil of his own quirk. And no, the explosion doesn't have to be omnidirectional.

If the author doesn't know Newton's Third Law, what he was thinking about Bakugou's explosion doesn't matter.

@Andytrenom Yes, I also doubt it, because Bakugou's hands suffer when he uses his strongest explosions.

Mand21 said:
Still, seems kinda...weak. :c Also not consistent with Deku being able to one-shot 1.81 tons with 20%.
Unless you make base 9-A, 5% be 9-A+, 8% be 8-C, 20% be High 8-C and 100% be 8-B. Is that the case?
This sounds about right

I'm not saying the author is unaware of Newton's 3rd Law... I'm just explaining that I doubt he uses it to show off Bakugo's durability.

If Bakugo was hit by his own Howitzer Impact, I bet he would have been knocked out in one-shot just like Todoroki. That's the kind of thing I was getting at.

You said that that his Howitzer Impact is comparable to his strongest explosion right? It is weird that he did not get hurt when he used Howitzer Impact against Todoroki.

He did get hurt during the howitzer impact the same way he did during the Uraraka battle climax...in fact, it was damage who pointed it out to me.

Well, Present Mic was the one that said it, not me. That's why I think directly scaling his explosions to his durability can lead to some inconsistencies. I do think Bakugo is a tougher than Deku for sure but not the point where he can tank his own strongest explosions without signs of damage.

Andy; showing strain isn't quite the same as showing damage, right? Todoroki visibly took a lot more damage from being hit by that explosion than Bakugo.

Didn't he only withstand a part rather than the brunt of the Howitzer impact?

According to the wiki: "Katsuki takes to the air and uses explosions to propel himself in a circular motion to create a tornado. The ensuing twister collects oxygen and momentum to fuel the subsequent explosion."

So the Howitzer Impact is not created entirely by himself, that may explain why he was not knock out by the explosion.

@Andytrenom I don't remember Bakugou saying that his arms are hurt after that explosion.

Back