• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [Student Edition]

Todoroki ice speed did keep up with Iida's Recipro Burst and 5% Izuku when they pushed off the wall in Kamino.
I feel like that feat is kinda difficult to quantify. They might've paused for even a second after breaking through the wall, and within that second Todoroki could've used his ice wall. At least that's how it sounded and how it was portrayed in the anime.
Then again, I might be being nitpicky and interpreting that scene incorrectly.

I see no reason for Base Izuku to be Supersonic in reactions. Just Athletic Human then?
This is based on Deku vs Shoto in the Sports Festival where he anticipates the latter's ice attacks. I don't really remember the exact argument.

9-B+ Base Midoriya in his First Key sounds fine. Does this mean Bakugo's explosion become Varies or does it stay the same?
Other students being 9-B or so is also fine, surviving explosions in that level is common in the verse. We even had civilians making that much damage and not dying from it.

How would they have paused while in mid air, I didn't realize Izuku unlocked float so early?

My 9-B calc for the mines has been evaluated, the majority of the students should scale to this.

Uraraka would get 9-B+ dura from these calcs, Earthyboy brought up that this could be an outlier for her, does anyone agree with that or is 9-B+ fine? I personally think it should be alright.

We all pretty much agreed on the varies tier for Bakugo, which means 9-B+ to High 8-C+ for his explosions right?

Last edited:
Earthyboy brought up that this could be an outlier for her, does anyone agree with that or is 9-B+ fine? I personally think it should be alright.
I'm concerned with Damage's query about whether or not Ochako actually takes the majority of the blast.
However, 9-B+ isn't necessarily an outlier. I don't recall the 9-B mines causing much injury compared to Bakugo's explosions.

As I mention right after, you can see how close Uraraka is in this panel.

A quick angular size check has her less than half a meter away from the screen in the middle left panel, and she gets closer as she is running towards him. Also Bakugo will outstretch his hand a bit as well. I think it's safe to say she's close enough.

Then I suppose 9-B+ Uraraka durability is good then. I'm not sure how the distribution of force in explosions work but I suppose it's safe to say she takes a good brunt of it for being close to the origin.

So forgive me for asking but who gets 9-B and who gets 9-B+? Since not everyone would scale to Uraraka, so at least her and base Deku are 9-B+.

How would they have paused while in mid air, I didn't realize Izuku unlocked float so early?

My 9-B calc for the mines has been evaluated, the majority of the students should scale to this.

Uraraka would get 9-B+ dura from these calcs, Earthyboy brought up that this could be an outlier for her, does anyone agree with that or is 9-B+ fine? I personally think it should be alright.

We all pretty much agreed on the varies tier for Bakugo, which means 9-B+ to High 8-C+ for his explosions right?
I mean yeah she got hurt by those explosions so idt she should scale

I thought we can't just scale Base Izuku to Uraraka without any reason right? The only way Izuku can end up 9-B+ in this situation, is if we say Bakugo was hitting Izuku with the same type of power he used against Uraraka. Is that what we're going for, he can take hits from a casual Bakugo who's explosions are 9-B+?

Or am I missing something?

Got a question, what is Dark Shadow's rating going to be after this? Right now his strength is being scaled from Kirishima without any reason.

Also, just calculated the weight of the metal plate Izuku was carrying during the Obstacle Race.

I got 868 kg, which is Class 1 Lifting Strength. (I believe we can upscale 5% to Class 5, which starts at 1000 kg, since it's a significant strength increase)

Yeah I think Izuku can stay at 9-B if that makes more sense via feats.
Upscaling Lifting Strength might also be possible. Though was it stated what the metal plate was made of? If not, what composition did you assume?

I used Steel since it's pretty common, we know they're metal, Iron wouldn't change the results by much.

849 kg (Iron) vs 868 kg (Steel)

That depends, there are some things I need to ask.

Regarding Tamaki, I'd like to figure out how we're going to rate him. Will he just be Unknown in all stats until we get something from him?

All of Daytime Dark Shadow's stats, will he be put at 9-B or something. Since I can't remember anything that'd put him at High 8-C.'s

His justification is being comparable to Kirishima's Hardening because it's stated to be one of the strongest Quirks in Class 1-A. Can that "one of the strongest Quirks" statement still be applied in some way?

When was that, and do people think that's a good enough justification to scale him to Harden Kirishima?

I'd rather not have any doubts in the future, best to make sure right now.

I don't know where it comes from to be honest. I do know that Deku states that Tokoyami is one of the strongest students in one-on-one battles after his fight with Momo in the Sports Festival, but I don't know where the "strongest Quirk" statement comes from.

Assuming the other statement I mentioned (the one Deku said after Tokoyami beat Momo) isn't something that'll be useful in any way, yeah probably.

The OP were mostly queries and didn't have the exact tiers that was discussed afterwards aside from other things.

So I'd rather we list all the changes gonna be made in one message so it's easier to track, before making the changes.

Last edited:
Did they get KOed? If yes, they won't exactly scale, wouldn't they? Just downscale, although I'm not sure how this works, but since 5% is 4.79 Tons then they could be baseline High 8-C regardless or 2 tons. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know, none of them were shown to be knocked out (Meaning none were shown lying on the floor) but I can't tell if we're seeing the same ones that were hit since they all look the same.

Edit: If we can accept them scaling, then at the very least they're Baseline High 8-C if we consider downscaling. I'm personally fine with either possibility, but want to see everyone else opinion on this.

Last edited:
Eh

tbh should we even use training scenarios as scaling? No one is gonna go all out (unless they said they will) so the helpers aren’t really gonna want to take them seriously

I don't know, none of them were shown to be knocked out (Meaning none were shown lying on the floor) but I can't tell if we're seeing the same ones that were hit since they all look the same.

Edit: If we can accept them scaling, then at the very least they're Baseline High 8-C if we consider downscaling. I'm personally fine with either possibility, but want to see everyone else opinion on this.
It’s fine in my book at least
Eh

tbh should we even use training scenarios as scaling? No one is gonna go all out (unless they said they will) so the helpers aren’t really gonna want to take them seriously
Its not like these guys are characters that can adjust their durability on the fly for scaling in the case of these helpers surviving shots from Deku.
Even if they aren’t taking the kids seriously they can’t just turn down their durability

Dang you guys really went to town on this. Sorry I’ve been absent but I agree with the tier 9 scaling for whatever that’s worth.

As for DS’s scaling his durability would scale to Kaminari and Bakugo since he tanks attacks from them inspite of his light weakness. His AP is harder since the only thing he could scale to are the Villain bots.

Dark Shadow gets High 8-C dura for taking hits from Bakugo and Kaminari, ignoring the weird properties of electricity. That make sense, if Dark Shadow was 9-B in dura Bakugo could one shot it with a single attack. So yeah I can see that being alright.

If we accept the High 8-C scaling from the Sidekicks, then Dark Shadow will have High 8-C AP as well.

Also Shoji during the forest training arc, might get High 8-C dura actually. Noticed that Shoji is covered in bruises and wounds after he saves Izuku from DS. Wouldn't this mean he's been taking hits from Dark Shadow, even if Tokoyami is trying to hold him back, he should be stronger than his daytime self.

Would that be right?

Shouldn't Moonfish be Unknown in dura?

He never got hit by Bakugo and Todoroki and his main power relies on cutting/piercing.

Though like I said, Tokoyami could be holding him back. Though I doubt he's made him weaker than his Daytime self. Though I don't think Shoji got caught like Moonfish though.

Well either way, we're getting close to the end of this.

Will Tamaki be placed at Unknown in all of his stats? Considering what we did with the others, Shishida's base stats should be removed right?

Beginning Saga Iida without Recipro should be downgraded to 8-C, via his feat in Two Heroes, but his dura and Recipro AP should remain the same.

Yes, Shishida's base stats should be removed until he does something notable in base.

Speaking of Moonfish, is it really fair to make Dark Environment Unknown when it overpowered Moonfish’s Quirk?

Back