• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [Student Edition]

It seems to come from him overpowering Bakugo and Todoroki's Quirks (which is weird because Todoroki's is 8-B while Moonfish is High 8-C). I thought he'd scale to Moonfish's Quirk with Dark Environment since he overpowered Moonfish's Quirk.

The only thing that Moonfish did was cut through Todoroki's ice, no? Even Stain could do that. He wasn't really clashing with the ice ala Dabi vs Geten.

Can you write up the new ratings and justifications in a sandbox first?

@Damage3245 I haven't had time to construct a sandbox, but I did manage to write down some of the revisions for Midoriya;

Tier: 9-B, High 8-C with 5%, Low 7-B with 100% | 9-B, High 8-C with 8%

Attack Potency: Wall level (Superior to Shinso, whose punches can harm him), Large Building level with 5% (Able to break a large steel pillar with a kick), Small City level+ with 100% (Destroyed a colossal metal structure with a punch) | Wall level (After a whole year of hard training, he should be much stronger), Large Building level+ with 8% (Capable of injuring Nine, who survived a blast nearly a hundred meters in diameter). For the War Arc, his base should probably remain the same I believe.

Speed: Athletic Human (Was able to run on par with Bakugo until his explosions destabilized him. Ran a 50-meter sprint in 7.02 seconds) with Superhuman reactions and combat speed (Could keep up with a casual Bakugo)

Lifting Strength: Peak Human (Before he even finished his training, he was able to lift All Might, who weighed 255 kilograms. Moved a small truck to the top of a trash mountain. Class 1 (Managed to haul a piece of steel over 500 kilograms two armed),

Striking Strength: Wall Class, Large Building Class with 5%, Small City Class with 100% | Wall Class, Large Building Class+ with 8%,

Durability: Wall level (Can withstand an explosion on this level. Withstood smaller explosions from Bakugo), Large Building level with 5% (Resisted being impacted by two large steel pillars. Managed to survive a fall that left a crater six meters wide on solid metal).

Shinsou, Uraraka, most of the hero course and general studies students, and probably most of 1-A should scale to the Sports Festival landmines I believe, along with having their reaction time being downgraded if they're shown to only be comparable to base Midoriya. Didn't really have time to make other revisions for the other students, so this will have to do. Does this look fine?

I'm going to post some of the changes, but this should be fine right? However there are still issues that are being ignored, I'll bring them up later.

9-B: Base Izuku (AP/Dura), Shinso (AP/Dura), Base Kirishima/Tetsutetsu (AP/Dura), Mineta (Dura), Aoyama (Navel AP and Dura), Mina (Physical AP/Dura), Jirou (Earphone AP and Physical AP is Unknown. 8-C Heartbeat Fuzz. 9-B Physical Dura), Momo (Dura), Kaminari (Dura), Base Sato (Dura), Sero (Dura), Ibara (Dura), Tokoyami (Physical Dura), Toru (Dura), Beginning Saga Kendo (Dura), Monoma (Dura), Kinoko (Dura), Pony (Dura), and Kosei (Dura)

Uraraka will get 9-B+ dura but her first key AP is Unknown, she's never hurt anyone with her physical attacks.

Iida without Recipro will be downgraded to 8-C, via his feat from Two Heroes. Recipro AP and his Dura will stay the same.

Izuku: First key's speed will lose Supersonic reactions, and his lifting strength upgraded to Class 1. 5% Can get Class 5 lifting strength via upscaling, instead of scaling to Shoji.

Todoroki: Should either have 9-B physical AP or Unknown, as he's never physically harmed anyone that I'm aware of.

Tamaki: Unknown in all stats unless some form of feat/scaling is found.

Yo Shindo: Vibrate should Varies, up to High 8-C with Tremoring Earth.

Speed: Any student that states they're comparable to others without explanation, should have their Supersonic rating removed. Unless proper scaling can be found.

I'm going to post some of the changes, but this should be fine right? However there are still issues that are being ignored, I'll bring them up later.

9-B: Base Izuku (AP/Dura), Shinso (AP/Dura), Base Kirishima/Tetsutetsu (AP/Dura), Mineta (Dura), Aoyama (Navel AP and Dura), Mina (Physical AP/Dura), Jirou (Earphone AP and Physical AP is Unknown. 8-C Heartbeat Fuzz. 9-B Physical Dura), Momo (Dura), Kaminari (Dura), Base Sato (Dura), Sero (Dura), Ibara (Dura), Tokoyami (Physical Dura), Toru (Dura), Beginning Saga Kendo (Dura), Monoma (Dura), Kinoko (Dura), Pony (Dura), and Kosei (Dura)

Uraraka will get 9-B+ dura but her first key AP is Unknown, she's never hurt anyone with her physical attacks.

Iida without Recipro will be downgraded to 8-C, via his feat from Two Heroes. Recipro AP and his Dura will stay the same.

Izuku: First key's speed will lose Supersonic reactions, and his lifting strength upgraded to Class 1. 5% Can get Class 5 lifting strength via upscaling, instead of scaling to Shoji.

Todoroki: Should either have 9-B physical AP or Unknown, as he's never physically harmed anyone that I'm aware of.

Speed: Any student that states they're comparable to others without explanation, should have their Supersonic rating removed. Unless proper scaling can be found.
I'll try and apply some of these changes I guess.

I’ll also help apply changes later tonight if everyone else isn't finished by then

I did Todoroki, but haven't finished Kirishima. Can someone finish him? I'll do the rest later. I have homework.

I'm getting by with what I can, when I the time. I've already changed some.

Edit: Anyone who wants to edit, please remember to update the categories if your changing their tiers. Someone going to Tier 9 from Tier 8, needs to have their Tier 8 category replaced. If they have both, they need a Tier 9 category added. Same is true for any Unknown. That Category is called Unknown Tier, not Tier Unknown.

Last edited:
There's been some discussion on Uraraka's distance from Bakugo's explosion, considering everything I believe it's best to just scale her dura to the landmines.

As that would be safer, and would avoid any future topic about the distance. Would this be alright for everyone?

(Have we finished with the agreed changes, if not then what profiles need to be changed. If we have then I can bring up what I believe are the last topics)

I can't think of anything, Fat Gum statement refers to how he's more capable than anyone else there in taking down the three thugs.

I don't think that's enough to scale him to anyone, especially not 8% Izuku, who Fat Gum doesn't even know. He could scale to Kirishima from that statement, but I don't really see that being accepted. The best we got besides that is 9-B, but I suggested Unknown because having one of the Big Three at 9-B in all stats felt weird.

So yeah, that's all I can think of.

Assuming we're done with the student changes, I'll move on to the last topic.

First off do we agree with the High 8-C changes for Ojiro, Daylight Dark Shadow, Asui, and Inasa's Wind. Via them injuring Gang Orca's Sidekicks, who took a 5% kick from Izuku? I didn't get a lot of feedback from this, I'd like to make fully sure of this before making any decision.

What did we agree on for Aizawa's stats, was it Unknown as well? Since I notice some of the Pro Hero Stats weren't changed yet.

Also would it be alright to scale Fat Gum's normal AP to Rappa's durability? Since Fat Gum only considered to use his spear move because of the barrier, he also attempted to attack Rappa before he knew about the barrier (Which was after Rappa already injured him). Which implies he believed he could've injured Rappa, since a barrier would be pointless if he wasn't strong enough to hurt him in the first place.

Note: Rappa will be downgraded to High 8-C+, since the 8-B upscaling was already discredited.

I dont agree with Asui and Ojiro scaling to a 5% Deku because we dont even know if the sidekicks were even trying as hard as they did against Deku

Actually how many are Orga's sidekicks? because we cant think they all have about the same strength

It's not possible for them to change their physical durability, that's not how that works.

There's no reason to assume Orca's sidekicks vary vastly in strength, and that Izuku luckily hit the only High 8-C ones.

Do we know how well the sidekicks were able to take the attacks from Izuku? I can't remember the feat that well.

We don't know.

All of the sidekicks look the same so we can't tell them apart, but we never see any of them laying unconscious on the floor either. Someone mentioned above that we could downscale them to baseline High 8-C just to be safe. We see Izuku attack a few of them, but we aren't shown anything else beyond that.

Doesn't Tsu scale to High 8-C for being able to knock out Shishida anyway?

I have no issue with Ojiro scaling since he later can take hits from casual Chimera, who was bullying Dark Shadow, Iida and Sato. Not to mention Ojiro can withstand blows from Sen Kaibara, who can also injure Iida.

This arc is for some reason still considered to be part of their BoS Tier. The real problem here is Daylight Dark Shadow who has no AP in any of his keys I believe.

I'd like to find something he can scale to AP wise, since his only explanation is that he's comparable to people without any justification.

This arc is for some reason still considered to be part of their BoS Tier. The real problem here is Daylight Dark Shadow who has no AP in any of his keys I believe.

I'd like to find something he can scale to AP wise, since his only explanation is that he's comparable to people without any justification.
Ah, this is for BoS key.

And IDK what to do about Dark Shadow lol Tokoyami just doesn't ever fight anyone that matters in daylight.

Well moving past that point.

So Asui 9-B in Dura and Unknown AP. Daylight Dark Shadow Unknown AP?

Was Ojiro hurting Kirishima rejected or something? If it wasn't then you can ignore that.

Last edited:
oh I didn't even read that right lol. Yeah Daylight DS should be Unknown and I can agree with 9-B/Unknown Asui

Bump. I assume people are okay with the Asui and Tokoyami changes?

Is there anything else we need to do, or is that the last of the changes?

The calc for Shoto's ice speed vs Aizawa is still valid, right?
Most that has been discussed are AP stuff, not sure about speed (though I don't think there isn't any issues beside that).

Well, I did bring up the issue of "Shoto only needs to create enough ice in that timeframe to block Aizawa's view, not to create the entire thing". Don't know if that was ever taken into account.

I thought we agreed to drop the calc. I can't remember it that clearly so I could be wrong.

Todoroki and his ice should just scale to his fight with Stain, Bakugo, and what he did in Kamino.

Yeah I just noticed the calc is still on Iida's justifications.
It's also kinda bothering me that a lot of the profiles now have their speed rated as Athletic or Average Human which makes them massively slower than a handful of other characters.
Would this feat yield anything close to 9-B for Kyoka's ranged sound waves? Also this feat where she applies vibrations directly.

I can't see the rocks all the clearly, I might have to check out the anime version to see if they have better shots.

Ii bothers me that Izuku's strength increases by over 20000x whenever he uses 5%, but it's accepted. I understand that it seems weird, but if they don't have any proper scaling than it's either that or Unknown.

The AP increase seems wide because of the site's AP rules, it's a bit more negligible seeing Deku's AP jump from 9-B to High 8-C. Whereas speed is quite easy to measure and compare and we have Bakugo having reactions and combat speed 37 times faster than Ochako's. Their fight doesn't exactly show that.
Though I agree with the strict way of finding which character scale from whom.

As for Kyoka's feats, the second scan is from Chapter 66, there might be better shots of the rock there.

If we agree Bakugo is holding back by thousands of times with his strength against Uraraka, then I literally see no problem with him slowing down by such a small amount as well. I don't get your problem at all, like period.

That's just a personal opinion, not a fact. The speed difference means utterly nothing to me, while the AP difference bothers me a lot, but personal opinion isn't proper justification.

Back