• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [Student Edition]

Since Damage is quite busy with other verses I’ll be taking over and continuing this overhaul (heh) for the time being.

So we can move on to the students. Below is the problems with their profiles I’ve observed so far.
  • Starting with Bakugo, he’s never said to be equal to 30% Deku in AP. The statement is only he can keep up with 30% speed. I would also like to propose that we should be consistent with Bakugo's explosions as afaik there's never a time he harms comparable characters with his standard blasts unless it is with burns. Bakugo's quirk also generates more power if he's using more sweat which makes his explosions bigger and stronger. He also trains to create larger scale explosions which would only make sense if the size affected the power 1. I propose Bakugo should be 9A up to High8C with explosion.
  • Next would be Deku’s durability and rating. The justification for his rating is that he launched himself into a wall at 5% and he claims 5% is a small increase in power. I take issue with this. Deku didn’t cause any impact to the wall when he slammed into it. As for 5% being small, this makes no sense as Deku was notably injured by Bakugo’s gauntlet while Bakugo is unharmed. Bakugo would have to be tougher than 5% for this to be the case but he’s more so comparable to it since they can both harm eachother and draw blood with their attacks 2. We should probably remove base Deku from his keys as we did the same for other characters as it is less confusing.
  • Students shouldn't just be scaled to Mineta unless shown or stated to be comparable for example Aoyama has no feats of durability and should be Unknown.
  • Tsuyu being superior to chapter 1 Bakugo makes no sense and we have no clue how she defeated the villain bots as she could've beaten them with fall damage like Ochaco did.
  • Momo doesn't scale to Dark Shadow. She only blocked his attack after he'd been weakened by Kaminari. 3
  • Jirou doesn't scale to Momo especially since we never saw her do much besides block attacks with a sword and blast soundwaves. The villains also have no reason to scale to each other.
  • Ojiro is never shown doing damage to Kirishima. There's evidence that points to the contrary as Kirishima oneshots one point bots while Ojiro seems to have more difficulty with them 4.
  • Considering Mineta passed the entrance exam, Shiozaki could've passed by tying up the robots so her AP should probably be Unknown.
  • Inasa's wind should be unknown. Todoroki's flames don't have much force at that point in the story. Inasa has no reason to physically scale to Todoroki as well and should be Unknown.
  • Hatsume never reacted to Iida's kicks. She only dodged him running at her which would be Superhuman.
  • Yo Shindo has no reason to have 8C AP. His Vibration also isn't 8 tons all the time as that was only with his strongest attack.
  • Amajiki has no reason to be faster than Deku.

1) What is the logic for Bakugo not being comparable to 30%? His statement implies he has kept up in all aspects, not just speed. The belief that Bakugo hasn’t gotten any stronger and can be one shot by 30% Deku, who he regularly trained with and literally fought for the 4 month time skip, is far more baseless than assuming he is comparable.

2) Is being possibly injured by Bakugo’s gauntlet a form of anti feat? Heck, even if he was, he takes a DIRECT physical attack from Bakugo right after that. His statement that 5% isn’t a large increase holds more weight when combined with the fact that he can harm Todoroki who can take hits from 5%. Also, attempts to claim Base Deku is Wall Level result in inconsistencies as well as ridiculous power gaps in the hundreds of thousands of times.

In fact, Bakugo has been beating the shit out of Midoriya physically for their entire lives. Why is the implication that Deku DOESN’T scale to Bakugo even a thing? Base Deku has the same dura as whatever Bakugo’s AP is, this shouldn’t even be a thing.

3) Why should they not scale to Mineta? Is he some sort of outlier or noted to be a physical god tier among students to the point that there is no reasoning to scaling others to him? I was under the impression that, physically, he is the worst in the class, going by the Quirk Assessment Test. The only outlier for that test was Deku.

4) Agreed

5) She blocks attacks from a non weakened Dark Shadow in her 1v1 against Tokoyami, so she would still scale.

6) Why are we suddenly deciding that students don’t scale to each other? Is the implication here that Momo can one shot Jiro with a punch? Or are we putting her at unknown?

7) Incorrect, Chapter 72 in the Forest Training Arc, Ojiro blatantly can harm Kirishima with hardening. This is shown further in depth in the anime.

8) Agreed

9) Agreed

10) Agreed/don’t care

11) Agreed

12) One of the best students in UA being slower than 5%? Based off of what? Not blitzing someone? An anti feat? What is the purpose of this?

1) What is the logic for Bakugo not being comparable to 30%? His statement implies he has kept up in all aspects, not just speed. The belief that Bakugo hasn’t gotten any stronger and can be one shot by 30% Deku, who he regularly trained with and literally fought for the 4 month time skip, is far more baseless than assuming he is comparable.

Bakugo specifically references speed. And we only see him keeping up with him in terms of speed.

I heavily disagree with Bakugo having 9-A ratings (In this case he should have a 9-B or 9-C rating too), but I've been outvoted there and will not say anymore on that. Just making my opinion about it known.

Instead of giving him 9-A ratings, we could say he "Varies with Explosions, up to High 8-C normally". If that wording sounds any better.

Bakugo specifically references speed. And we only see him keeping up with him in terms of speed.
The statement we’re discussing:

“Everytime Deku gets stronger, I grit my teeth to keep from falling behind. EVEN at this 30 percent speed of his, I ain’t gonna be left behind.”

“Even” at this speed. Which means “including” this speed. Which means he isn’t falling behind in other areas too. He is referring to speed specifically in this instance only due to the nature of what they’re doing, which is heading towards Shigaraki.

Also he says “TO KEEP” from falling behind, not that he HAS fallen behind. Which means at the current point in time, he finds himself on the same footing at Deku in strength, but that it’s hard to stay there.

The assertion that he is referring only to speed is short sighted.

2) Is being possibly injured by Bakugo’s gauntlet a form of anti feat? Heck, even if he was, he takes a DIRECT physical attack from Bakugo right after that. His statement that 5% isn’t a large increase holds more weight when combined with the fact that he can harm Todoroki who can take hits from 5%. Also, attempts to claim Base Deku is Wall Level result in inconsistencies as well as ridiculous power gaps in the hundreds of thousands of times.

In fact, Bakugo has been beating the shit out of Midoriya physically for their entire lives. Why is the implication that Deku DOESN’T scale to Bakugo even a thing? Base Deku has the same dura as whatever Bakugo’s AP is, this shouldn’t even be a thing.

3) Why should they not scale to Mineta? Is he some sort of outlier or noted to be a physical god tier among students to the point that there is no reasoning to scaling others to him? I was under the impression that, physically, he is the worst in the class, going by the Quirk Assessment Test. The only outlier for that test was Deku.

4) Agreed

5) She blocks attacks from a non weakened Dark Shadow in her 1v1 against Tokoyami, so she would still scale.

6) Why are we suddenly deciding that students don’t scale to each other? Is the implication here that Momo can one shot Jiro with a punch? Or are we putting her at unknown?

7) Incorrect, Chapter 72 in the Forest Training Arc, Ojiro blatantly can harm Kirishima with hardening. This is shown further in depth in the anime.

8) Agreed

9) Agreed

10) Agreed/don’t care

11) Agreed

12) One of the best students in UA being slower than 5%? Based off of what? Not blitzing someone? An anti feat? What is the purpose of this?
1. Please show me anything that suggests he’s fought 30% Deku? Bakugo never mentioned attack power he only mentioned speed.

2. I never said 5% was wall level. What physical hit did he take from Bakugo after that? A tiny explosion that was just intended to launch him to the gate? Deku never harmed Todoroki with his headbutt he just knocked him back a couple feet. Heck compare the difference in strength between that small stagger and launching Todoroki several meters away with 5%. You genuinely believe Bakugo has been attacking Deku with full force their whole live? Deku ought to be High 8C+ then.

3. Not all physical stats are equal (Deku runs as fast as Bakugo but has inferior durability and combat speed) Mineta did better than Hagakure iirc.

5. Nope she got borderline blitzed in the manga since according to Deku she didn’t even have the time to use the things she made and got knocked out of the ring.

6. Unknown. I’m not trying to downgrade anyone to wall level but most of the students have very few feats to scale them.

7. Kirishima is shown with no visible scuffs or even bruising. Funnily enough Ojiro is the one who’s tail is scuffed.

12. This only applies to his travel speed which is supersonic+ (I should’ve specified). Furthermore being one of the strongest doesn’t mean excelling in all categories. The fact that Iida is one of the best of Class A but is weaker (in terms of attack power) than Sato shows that.

Instead of giving him 9-A ratings, we could say he "Varies with Explosions, up to High 8-C normally". If that wording sounds any better
Yes, I agree with that wording his explosions increase in power with size
The only exceptions are his compressed blasts which are superior to any explosion he’d ever done up to that point.

Starting with Bakugo, he’s never said to be equal to 30% Deku in AP. The statement is only he can keep up with 30% speed. I would also like to propose that we should be consistent with Bakugo's explosions as afaik there's never a time he harms comparable characters with his standard blasts unless it is with burns
Neutral on this
I can see the arguments for both sides but I’m leaning slightly towards Bakugo not directly scaling to At least 8-B+ or 8-A like 30% might be.
Rather I’d prefer him be At least High 8-C+ Or even 8-B for on top of 3 month training, getting stronger mid fight to surpass his every previous explosion he’d ever done.

• Students shouldn't just be scaled to Mineta unless shown or stated to be comparable for example Aoyama has no feats of durability and should be Unknown.
  • Tsuyu being superior to chapter 1 Bakugo makes no sense and we have no clue how she defeated the villain bots as she could've beaten them with fall damage like Ochaco did.
On the point of Mineta idk it’s quite case by case but Mineta isn’t implied or stated to be durable or strong at all physically and seems to make up with it with ingenuity.So scaling off him I feel is ok for “Possibly” ratings
Tsuyu point I completely agree with.
  • Momo doesn't scale to Dark Shadow. She only blocked his attack after he'd been weakened by Kaminari. 3
  • Jirou doesn't scale to Momo especially since we never saw her do much besides block attacks with a sword and blast soundwaves. The villains also have no reason to scale to each other.
  • Ojiro is never shown doing damage to Kirishima. There's evidence that points to the contrary as Kirishima oneshots one point bots while Ojiro seems to have more difficulty with them 4.
  • Considering Mineta passed the entrance exam, Shiozaki could've passed by tying up the robots so her AP should probably be Unknown.
  • Inasa's wind should be unknown. Todoroki's flames don't have much force at that point in the story. Inasa has no reason to physically scale to Todoroki as well and should be Unknown.
  • Hatsume never reacted to Iida's kicks. She only dodged him running at her which would be Superhuman.
  • Yo Shindo has no reason to have 8C AP. His Vibration also isn't 8 tons all the time as that was only with his strongest attack.
  • Amajiki has no reason to be faster than Deku.
Neutral on Momo not scaling to dark shadow
Agreed on Momo
Agreed on Ojiro somewhat
Agreed on Shiozaki
Agreed with Inasa Shoto’s flames only generate force in tandem with ice for Flashfreeze Heatwave at this point in the story unlike how endeavors are portrayed.
They’re basically all heat
Kinda don’t care so neutral here
Agreed on Yo Shindo he should be Varies up to High 8-C+ with vibration.
Amajiki being faster than Deku imo was completely baseless agreed

Last edited:
1. Please show me anything that suggests he’s fought 30% Deku? Bakugo never mentioned attack power he only mentioned speed.

2. I never said 5% was wall level. What physical hit did he take from Bakugo after that? A tiny explosion that was just intended to launch him to the gate? Deku never harmed Todoroki with his headbutt he just knocked him back a couple feet. Heck compare the difference in strength between that small stagger and launching Todoroki several meters away with 5%. You genuinely believe Bakugo has been attacking Deku with full force their whole live? Deku ought to be High 8C+ then.

3. Not all physical stats are equal (Deku runs as fast as Bakugo but has inferior durability and reacplus Mineta did better than Hagakure iirc.

5. Nope she got borderline blitzed in the manga since according to Deku she didn’t even have the time to use the things she made and got knocked out of the ring.

6. Unknown. I’m not trying to downgrade anyone to wall level but most of the students have very few feats to scale them.

7. Kirishima is shown with no visible scuffs or even bruising. Funnily enough Ojiro is the one who’s tail is scuffed.

12. This only translates to his travel speed which is supersonic+ (I should’ve specified). Furthermore being one of the strongest doesn’t mean excelling in all categories. The fact that Iida is one of the best of Class A but is weaker (in terms of attack power) than Sato shows that.
1) Flashbacks later in the arc have Bakugo training Deku for black whip/float training. I find it absolutely impossible that Deku and Bakugo haven’t sparred with each other in the 4 month time skip, especially since they have sparred before to draw out his power, and Bakugo knows exactly the percent Deku can use.

2) Ah, wrong scene. I thought you were discussing the scene from Hero vs Villain training.

That difference in strength between Base and 5% literally supports the idea that Base is comparable but weaker. And even if the distance Todoroki is launched changes, the fact both hurt him is what matters honestly. Also, we’re comparing a headbutt to a punch, of course he can’t launch him as far.

He has been beating Deku up their whole lives yes, so base should have dura equal to Bakugo’s physical AP. That has been blatantly shown when during the first training exercise he hits Deku with a right hook and Deku withstands it. Do I believe that might be the case currently? Nah, cause Bakugo has been growing in strength far faster since he’s been at UA.

3) Nah, he did the worse. And unlike the example you have stated, there is nothing to even slightly imply Mineta has more durability than an average student, unlike with Bakugo having better stats since he’s constantly referred to as a prodigy and stronger than average.

I feel using Mineta as a baseline for student dura shouldn’t be contentious given who he is

5) I suppose I can see this point of view. I’ll agree.

6) You say that, but Earthy is going to be here soon.

7) He doesn’t have to break Kirishima in half to damage him. If Ojiro wasn’t even comparable, he wouldn’t have even been able to move Kirishima with his strikes. Also, Kirishima’s skin is sharp, ofc his tail would get scuffed as heck.

12) Agreed

1) Flashbacks later in the arc have Bakugo training Deku for black whip/float training. I find it absolutely impossible that Deku and Bakugo haven’t sparred with each other in the 4 month time skip, especially since they have sparred before to draw out his power, and Bakugo knows exactly the percent Deku can use.

2) Ah, wrong scene. I thought you were discussing the scene from Hero vs Villain training.

That difference in strength between Base and 5% literally supports the idea that Base is comparable but weaker. And even if the distance Todoroki is launched changes, the fact both hurt him is what matters honestly. Also, we’re comparing a headbutt to a punch, of course he can’t launch him as far.

He has been beating Deku up their whole lives yes, so base should have dura equal to Bakugo’s physical AP. That has been blatantly shown when during the first training exercise he hits Deku with a right hook and Deku withstands it. Do I believe that might be the case currently? Nah, cause Bakugo has been growing in strength far faster since he’s been at UA.

3) Nah, he did the worse. And unlike the example you have stated, there is nothing to even slightly imply Mineta has more durability than an average student, unlike with Bakugo having better stats since he’s constantly referred to as a prodigy and stronger than average.

I feel using Mineta as a baseline for student dura shouldn’t be contentious given who he is

5) I suppose I can see this point of view. I’ll agree.

6) You say that, but Earthy is going to be here soon.

7) He doesn’t have to break Kirishima in half to damage him. If Ojiro wasn’t even comparable, he wouldn’t have even been able to move Kirishima with his strikes. Also, Kirishima’s skin is sharp, ofc his tail would get scuffed as heck.

12) Agreed
1. Bakugo sparred with him one time because they thought danger was needed for that power. The Blackwhip training was just because he needed a quick target and he even switched to Tsuyu. The idea that Bakugo trains regularly with Deku is never said ever. Bakugo knowing his percentage isn’t surprising as Deku would say it as he had to AM and Endeavor.

2. 5% can generate minor air pressure with its attacks. 5% can launch Deku several meters into the air. 5% can break steel pillars while base can’t harm a metal robot without a weapon and momentum. Base Deku screams from Bakugo’s explosions while 5% kinda shrugs them off. Base Deku couldn’t follow Gran Torino with his eyes while 5% could keep up just fine. There’s a notable difference in ability between 5% and base.

If we won’t even get anywhere with this argument I suggest we scrap base Deku’s key as we did for most of the characters.

3. Alright I’ll let the Mineta thing go since it honestly isn’t that bad just a bit iffy to me.

6. I mean outside of calcs many of the students are probably wall level in Horikoshi’s head honestly

7. What about Kirishima splitting a robot in 2 while Ojiro couldn’t do the same thing? We’ve seen Kirishima take bruises from people on his level like Tetsutestu. The fact Ojiro isn’t doing anything is kinda telling.

I'd like to bring this up, but Joint Training Arc Monoma has something he might physically scale to.

During the arc Monoma is able to hit Base Izuku, later on he activates Twin Impact as he's being carried off. Izuku is in 8% but the impact is strong enough to draw blood. Twin Impact is stated to grant a second hit that is several times stronger than the first.

Several meaning more than two but not many. So at the highest this should put Monoma's normal strength at 8.12/3 = 2.7 Tons or slightly above Baseline High 8-C. Though At least 8-C, possibly High 8-C could work as well. I'm not certain how would we use several in this situation.

I know the viz translation says the second impact has more Oomph, but that's clearly incorrect. Putting the raws through google translation, which translates words rather literally, gives me several times. I'm not some translation expert, but is this wrong?

二度目の打撃は数倍の威力になる! (The second blow will be several times more powerful!)

1. Bakugo sparred with him one time because they thought danger was needed for that power. The Blackwhip training was just because he needed a quick target and he even switched to Tsuyu. The idea that Bakugo trains regularly with Deku is never said ever. Bakugo knowing his percentage isn’t surprising as Deku would say it as he had to AM and Endeavor.

2. 5% can generate minor air pressure with its attacks. 5% can launch Deku several meters into the air. 5% can break steel pillars while base can’t harm a metal robot without a weapon and momentum. Base Deku screams from Bakugo’s explosions while 5% kinda shrugs them off. Base Deku couldn’t follow Gran Torino with his eyes while 5% could keep up just fine. There’s a notable difference in ability between 5% and base.

If we won’t even get anywhere with this argument I suggest we scrap base Deku’s key as we did for most of the characters.

3. Alright I’ll let the Mineta thing go since it honestly isn’t that bad just a bit iffy to me.

6. I mean outside of calcs many of the students are probably wall level in Horikoshi’s head honestly

7. What about Kirishima splitting a robot in 2 while Ojiro couldn’t do the same thing? We’ve seen Kirishima take bruises from people on his level like Tetsutestu. The fact Ojiro isn’t doing anything is kinda telling.
1) Bakugo trains Deku in order to atone for how he treated him where they were younger. The second something new with OFA happens, they train together. When they try to manifest or train for a new power, they train together. Where is the implication that they DON’T regularly train together coming from? All the context clues point to them training a lot, why would that all of a sudden drop? Did he just ignore Deku everyday and never train with him despite them being rivals?

2) I agree with scrapping the key actually. He’s literally just a normal guy, no point to the key anyway.

7) Isn’t the implication just that Ojiro was getting stronger? The first key for students covers everything up to the hero license exam, Ojiro easily could have just grown to a point he could harm Kirishima.

Also, wait a minute, when is he shown not one shotting them? The manga panel just shows him smacking one in the face, we don’t even see the aftermath. In fact in the Anime, Ojiro literally one shots the bot shown On the manga panel.

Just saying but most students shouldn’t scale to other students. Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki and others that are pretty much the strongest in the class should scale to each other

though I know in BoS, Bakugou felt like he couldn’t win against Todoroki

1) Bakugo trains Deku in order to atone for how he treated him where they were younger. The second something new with OFA happens, they train together. When they try to manifest or train for a new power, they train together. Where is the implication that they DON’T regularly train together coming from? All the context clues point to them training a lot, why would that all of a sudden drop? Did he just ignore Deku everyday and never train with him despite them being rivals?

2) I agree with scrapping the key actually. He’s literally just a normal guy, no point to the key anyway.

7) Isn’t the implication just that Ojiro was getting stronger? The first key for students covers everything up to the hero license exam, Ojiro easily could have just grown to a point he could harm Kirishima.

Also, wait a minute, when is he shown not one shotting them? The manga panel just shows him smacking one in the face, we don’t even see the aftermath. In fact in the Anime, Ojiro literally one shots the bot shown On the manga panel.
1. Being rivals doesn't mean they train all the time. Heck Bakugo could train with him and not fight his 30% as they could be training Blackwhip or help Deku fight in the air or something. How about a compromise? We can add a likely to PLF Bakugo's AP.

7. Considering we can already see the bot's head turning, he didn't oneshot it. The anime is no stranger to doing things different. For example: AM vs AFO in the anime has AFO fling AM into a building while the manga is just him skidding on the ground or Endeavor vs Hood in the anime lengthens the chase between them.

I'd like to bring this up, but Joint Training Arc Monoma has something he might physically scale to.

During the arc Monoma is able to hit Base Izuku, later on he activates Twin Impact as he's being carried off. Izuku is in 8% but the impact is strong enough to draw blood. Twin Impact is stated to grant a second hit that is several times stronger than the first.

Several meaning more than two but not many. So at the highest this should put Monoma's normal strength at 8.12/3 = 2.7 Tons or slightly above Baseline High 8-C. Though At least 8-C, possibly High 8-C could work as well. I'm not certain how would we use several in this situation.

I know the viz translation says the second impact has more Oomph, but that's clearly incorrect. Putting the raws through google translation, which translates words rather literally, gives me several times. I'm not some translation expert, but is this wrong?

Even using DeepL translator it translated it to
The second blow will be several times more powerful!
Exactly the same so it’s likely a super literal direct translation.

If google translate is just very literal then I don't see a problem with it.

1. Being rivals doesn't mean they train all the time. Heck Bakugo could train with him and not fight his 30% as they could be training Blackwhip or help Deku fight in the air or something. How about a compromise? We can add a likely to PLF Bakugo's AP.

7. Considering we can already see the bot's head turning, he didn't oneshot it. The anime is no stranger to doing things different. For example: AM vs AFO in the anime has AFO fling AM into a building while the manga is just him skidding on the ground or Endeavor vs Hood in the anime lengthens the chase between them.
I will compromise with a “likely.”

How does the bots head turning mean he hasn’t one shot it? It’s a throw away panel of the chapter and he doesn’t even look like he’s hitting it yet. In this case, I don’t see how using the Anime’s interpretation, which just shows him one shotting it, is faulty. This keeps consistent with him being able to harm hardened Kirishima.

If we really want to play semantics, Kirishima is attacking a joint on the robot and hasn’t one shot it either, so he shouldn’t be counted for one shotting them.

I will compromise with a “likely.”

How does the bots head turning mean he hasn’t one shot it? It’s a throw away panel of the chapter and he doesn’t even look like he’s hitting it yet. In this case, I don’t see how using the Anime’s interpretation, which just shows him one shotting it, is faulty. This keeps consistent with him being able to harm hardened Kirishima.

If we really want to play semantics, Kirishima is attacking a joint on the robot and hasn’t one shot it either, so he shouldn’t be counted for one shotting them.
If Kirishima can cleave through the arm he can take the neck. On top of that he tears through a zero pointer and I could make the argument he beat a 3 pointer since there's someone who closely resembles Kirishima attacking a 3 pointer in the background during the entrance exam.

Ojiro attacked a 1 point bot and didn't break its neck. Ojiro attacked hardened Kirishima and did no visible damage unlike Tetsutetsu who bruised him.

If Kirishima can cleave through the arm he can take the neck. On top of that he tears through a zero pointer and I could make the argument he beat a 3 pointer since there's someone who closely resembles Kirishima attacking a 3 pointer in the background during the entrance exam.

Ojiro attacked a 1 point bot and didn't break its neck. Ojiro attacked hardened Kirishima and did no visible damage unlike Tetsutetsu who bruised him.
Ojiro being able to force him back is doing no damage? We can clearly see Kirishima being pushed around by Ojiro’s tail, are we just ignoring it? Also, you ignored my point that the anime’s interpretation should be very valid here given the manga panel doesn’t even clearly define whether he destroyed it or not. All it shows is his tail hitting it. The anime shows him just straight up one shot it. Are we ignoring it or not.

Ojiro being able to force him back is doing no damage? We can clearly see Kirishima being pushed around by Ojiro’s tail, are we just ignoring it? Also, you ignored my point that the anime’s interpretation should be very valid here given the manga panel doesn’t even clearly define whether he destroyed it or not. All it shows is his tail hitting it. The anime shows him just straight up one shot it. Are we ignoring it or not.
Forcing someone back doesn't mean you're doing damage. The PLF war comes to mind on that. You're also still ignoring that we've seen Kirishima fight someone on his level and was bruised as a result of said fight.

The fact that the result of the hit, the way he hit it and the fact that the anime has on several occasions changed action scenes makes me believe the anime version is different.

We’re heading into an Anime vs Manga and wiki standards argument that I really don’t care for, nor have the energy to care for, especially about Ojiro.

Make him not scale, doesn’t matter I guess

I will say though that by your logic, the movies and anime calc’s should all be discarded since they weren’t in the manga, and showing bias for feats is disingenuous.
I quite frankly would be fine if we dropped the movie and anime feats that don't match up with the manga. My point wasn't even that it's not in the manga it's that it is visually different from the manga.

I'm not getting into the movie canon right now, but how are you expecting the movie to match up with the manga?

It literally cannot, since they don't happen in that manga.

In order for us to not use the movie, we'd have to give proper reason for the feats to be outliers or that it's non canon.

Or we change the wiki standards of not using movies period, even if the author states it's canon or has heavy evidence to support it.

For the movie stuff I meant if it's consistent with what the characters can do already. So for example Iida's Recipro Burst was calced at supersonic and 5% has a supersonic feat in the movie so it should be fine since Deku can keep up with him or 5% has a High 8C feat and Bakugo hit him with a High 8C explosion in their second fight. I have no problem with this sort of thing.

I quite frankly would be fine if we dropped the movie and anime feats that don't match up with the manga. My point wasn't even that it's not in the manga it's that it is visually different from the manga.
And I would argue that it is absolutely ridiculous to not be allowed to use Anime and Movie feats just because they are visually different at times from the manga, especially since “visually different” in most cases actually just means they are easier to interpret, more fleshed out and better in every way from Manga feats. Given Horikoshi’s personal and constant praise of the anime, as well as explicit hand in the movies, making all the keys be manga-only, solely on the basis that the panels came first, isn’t something I can ever agree to.

For example: there is a scene in the License Exam where Deku breaks a rock after saving Toga disguised as Ochako. The manga version doesn’t show the full height of said rock, and the destruction is literally just a smear on the panel. The anime, however, shows the height, width, pretty much everything about the rock, and comes out when calced in the High 8-C range. Yet we ignore that calc.

That is something I do not understand or agree with.

And I would argue that it is absolutely ridiculous to not be allowed to use Anime and Movie feats just because they are visually different at times from the manga, especially since “visually different” in most cases actually just means they are easier to interpret, more fleshed out and better in every way from Manga feats. Given Horikoshi’s personal and constant praise of the anime, as well as explicit hand in the movies, making all the keys be manga-only, solely on the basis that the panels came first, isn’t something I can ever agree to.
I wasn't aware we were arguing movie feats.

I agree with most things on this CRT, but I'll back them up anyways.
  • Bakugo scaling to 30% Midoriya, outside of speed in AP, power, or strength has no proof whatsoever. So that should be completely dropped.

• Midoriya launching himself into a wall at 5% shouldn't be a reason he downscales slightly from 5% of OFA. It's evident that he didn't put that much power into his jump and couldn't even jump a few stories high before falling back down into the ground. I'm not a rocket scientist, but 5% on numerous occasions jumped distances comparable to dozens and dozens of meters in seconds, outpaced bullets, broken the sound barrier, and at one point blatantly crossed what looked to be dozens of meters on screen, and some of this is him being casual. If he's not able to clear a few meters with a single leap? He's probably not putting an extreme amount of power into his jump. No rocket science needed here.

• Midoriya's statement about 5% being a small increase in power literally holds no weight. Because, in order to clarify the qualitative value of Midoriya's statement, you would need to clarify how big is "a small increase in power? It's impossible to do so because small can mean anything. Are 100 grains of sand small? How about 10 grains? It's the equivalent of quantifying how fast is the definition of fast is. Do you see the problem here folks? If not, try and mathematically quantify how big is the definition of "small."

This is a very good point the creation of this thread made here. Midoriya has thrown punches before and we never saw him creating intense amounts of air pressure or winds. We also never see him jumping several meters. Hell, he couldn't even jump over Todoroki's ice attack which is only a few meters tall at best. For ***** sake, Midoriya was getting shat on by Gran Torino in his base and couldn't even follow his movements, yet 5% is at least able to catch him off guard multiple times throughout the fight. It's obvious the difference between his Base and 5% is humungous.

Base Midoriya was clearly in extreme amounts of pain when in contact with Bakugo's explosions, but 5% is capable of shrugging them off with ease. Even if we say that base Midoriya screamed because of the heat of Bakugo's explosions, that still implies that 5% is quite a degree stronger than Midoriya's base.

You could easily say that base Midoriya scaling to Bakugo's explosions is an outlier just by comparing the feats of his base to 5%. There's a large difference most of the time. Therefore, it's extremely likely that 8-C base Midoriya is an outlier.

To clarify, I'm not saying to downgrade Base Midoriya to 9-B just yet. I'm just saying that canonically, the difference between his Base and 5% is far larger than only several times.

So, in this panel Izuku goes to punch Todoroki but doesn't have the OFA glow on his arm.

And we see the distance he goes, does this count as Base Izuku scaling?

Before that, we have two panels of Izuku punching him with 5%. Similar but it's made clear he's using OFA in this scene. Both of them have a close up shot of his arm, but only one of them has the OFA effect.

Note: I'm fine with either Unknown or dropping his base rating completely.
Midoriya throughout the entire fight never generated that much air pressure or creates shockwaves like that, otherwise, he'd be generating shockwaves and breaking through ice easily. He would force Todoroki on the defensive early on. Not only that, why wouldn't he use One for All? The most logical conclusion we can make here based on consistency and common sense is that he's using it at its 5% output.

1. I'd like to know what would be the proposed AP for War Arc Bakugo then if he's not gonna scale to 30% Deku, so I'm neutral with this. Agreed with Varies tier for Explosion.
  2. Neutral with this, as removing Base Deku might affect scaling(?) with other characters.
  3. Leaning to agree, though I'd like it if there's a better explanation within the profiles if we're still gonna scale people from Mineta.
  4. Agree, though what's gonna be her first key AP then? Unknown?
  5. For AP and speed perhaps, I agree. Again, the issue of their tiers and justifications should be presented since this will change the profiles.
  6. I suppose that makes sense. Will she be Unknown by then?
  7. Neutral.
  8. Aren't we treating restraining as AP here like Kamui Woods?
  9. Agreed, makes no sense we scale Inasa's Wind with a heat calc of Todoroki's flames. Does he have any feats for his Wind?
  10. If we're saying Iida was only using 3rd Gear in their fight then I suppose this makes sense.
  11. Agreed, do we have any feats for base Shindo? I suggest his AP for his Vibrate to be Varies, up to Large Building level+ if that makes sense.
  12. We should probably just scale Amajiki to Mirio then if that is valid or just remove his supersonic speed and leave it at Hypersonic reactions and combat speed.

There is literally no proof that Amakiji scales to Mirio. Just because he's part of the Big Three doesn't mean he's as powerful as one of them. That's an association fallacy. Also, Amajiki did manage to create a slight crater in a Wall. That could be used. Other than that, if we have no way of determining his AP, then he should be Unknown.

Amajiki being the best student is likely because of how versatile his quirk is. Just like how Mirio isn't actually one of the strongest students, it's just that he has amazing technique with his quirk.

There is literally no proof that Amakiji scales to Mirio. Just because he's part of the Big Three doesn't mean he's as powerful as one of them.
Nobody is saying Amajiki's AP scales to Mirio or any of the Big 3. We're talking about his speed.

You can bring up Tamaki's AP as a different topic however since his profile is scaling him to Deku.

Nobody is saying Amajiki's AP scales to Mirio or any of the Big 3. We're talking about his speed.

You can bring up Tamaki's AP as a different topic however since his profile is scaling him to Deku.
I know. I just felt like commenting on one of the points the CRT made.

Back