• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [Student Edition]

It's not like I'm using my personal opinion as a justification to change the profiles, nor have I suggested any change at all. All I said was that it's stranger to see someone slowing down (especially reactions) than pulling their punches. I already basically agreed with the profile ratings since for the time being it makes the most sense.

Ii bothers me that Izuku's strength increases by over 20000x whenever he uses 5%, but it's accepted. I understand that it seems weird, but if they don't have any proper scaling than it's either that or Unknown.

Other times when Izuku uses 5%, the increase in strength does not appear so drastic (like when he is kicking the boulder falling on All Might, or kicking a wall alongside Kirishima).

The movie feat is just a really impressive one compared to his average usage of 5%.

Other times when Izuku uses 5%, the increase in strength does not appear so drastic (like when he is kicking the boulder falling on All Might, or kicking a wall alongside Kirishima).

The movie feat is just a really impressive one compared to his average usage of 5%.
There’s also that feat from the license exam where he destroyed a giant rock that was calced at even higher than the movie feat.

We did have 5% generate a lot of air pressure in the anime though during the USJ arc, though that was the only time it did so (I assume his punch against the USJ Nomu was 5% since it didn't snap his arms).

Instead of "Unknown", shouldn't we give Tamaki a "Varies" rating since it depends on what food he is eating and has access to? (And his durability changes by him manifesting different armored creatures he's eaten?)

No that rock feat is different between the anime and the manga, the rock is far larger in the anime. You can see it just fine in the manga, it's way smaller. They're almost on a cliff in the anime version compared to the manga.

Also the fist rock feat from Jiro is giving me 655 KJ

I'm not able to find the size of the rock she broke during the fight with Present Mic, it's too weirdly shape for me.

Tamaki would still be Unknown, it doesn't change anything so does it really matter?

No that rock feat is different between the anime and the manga, the rock is far larger in the anime. You can see it just fine in the manga, it's way smaller. They're almost on a cliff in the anime version compared to the manga.

Also the fist rock feat from Jiro is giving be 5338 KJ (I'll make a blog).

I'm not able to find the size of the rock she broke during the fight with Present Mic, it's too weirdly shape for me.

Tamaki would still be Unknown, it doesn't change anything so does it really matter?
The rock in the manga is just straight up inconsistent. On the page before he destroys it, the other students are staring down on him from a significantly higher distance than is portrayed on the next page where they’re only like 4 feet above him. Also, it makes absolutely no sense for the rock to be that small and not comparable to a cliff, because that’s the entire reason he jumped over to save Toga/Camie/Ochako in the first place because he was worried a fall from that height would harm them.

If anything, the anime just keeps it more consistent as a large rock and not weirdly change it to like 4 feet high the next page.

With only the manga, taking account Bakugo's chapter 1 feat, 5% would likely be 8-C. Which would be a 3000x increase in that case, still a massive jump.

Bakugo still has a High 8-C+ feat in the manga, which scales to Kirishima Unbreakable and Sugar Rush Sato, I have no idea if 8% and Bakugo would scale to them.

All Might would actually be 8-A, since the current 7-C calc is wrong. Ignoring his storm feat. The 8-A feats they have are lower than Re-Destro's so either they'd upscale from him or Re-Destro would be stronger than Kamino All Might and AFO.

With only the manga, taking account Bakugo's chapter 1 feat, 5% would likely be 8-C. Which would be a 3000x increase in that case, still a massive jump.

Bakugo still has a High 8-C+ feat in the manga, which scales to Kirishima Unbreakable and Sugar Rush Sato, I have no idea if 8% and Bakugo would scale to them.
Oof

The High8C+ characters like Unbreakable and Sato aren’t bad though.

In hindsight none of them have to fully scale to Bakugo’s explosions. 5% damaging Bakugo isn’t really indicative of him having the same power as his bigger explosions since wouldn’t the small surface area of his fist do more damage than the spread out power of explosion?

I think it's because Bakugo takes this explosion point blank, are at least we assume he did. The blast happened while he was restrained by the villain, I really have no idea how we treat Bakugo's explosions when it covers him instead of being sent straight ahead.

Also 5% Izuku took one of Bakugo's bigger explosions at the end of their fight, AOE fallacy is still a thing people here like to forget. So it's not a wrong thing to say Bakugo during his fight with Izuku used a stronger explosion than his 14 year old self.

MHA has the biggest case of people using AOE fallacy I believe.

What says he took it point blank? If he took it point black wouldn’t his clothes be messed up or something?

The explosion Bakugo hit him with is unquantifiable. We use the anime version but they are undeniably different. Anime version extends all the way to Bakugo’s launch point while the manga version doesn’t.

AOE Fallacy once again, I really dislike discussing MHA here because of this.

I refuse to talk about this anymore, I'm getting a little annoyed.

Bakugo's explosions do not need to be over dozens of meters in size to be 8-C, fiction doesn't care about that. It's very reasonable to assume his explosion against 5% Izuku during their fight had more effort put into then his explosion against the sludge villain when he was 14 years old.

The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction.

That's the fallacy, and even though I said I was getting annoyed you still response. So it seems like I have to leave, I'm unfollowing this thread in order to avoid being disrespectful towards anyone as it's hard for me to control myself. I'll come back when the next chapter drops. This was a massive derail anyway.

(It's apparently not called AOE fallacy, that's not even a thing on are wiki it seems, I don't know what it's actually called)

Ok I see the issue. We were talking about two different things. You were talking about how the final explosion would be stronger than chapter 1 Bakugo’s blast.

I was talking about how the anime version of the explosion 5% Deku took was different from the manga version.

Also in the case of Bakugo, in story we know his attack power scales to the size. That isn’t questionable since his full power attacks are always massive in scale compared to his normal moves and they’re treated very differently from eachother.

Did anyone ever calc the All Might punching away a tornado in the Two Heroes Melissa Bonus chapter? Also this chapter got officially included in TUM, either vol 1 or vol 2.

Did anyone ever calc the All Might punching away a tornado in the Two Heroes Melissa Bonus chapter? Also this chapter got officially included in TUM, either vol 1 or vol 2.
No but I don’t think that feat is even tier 7
Or it probably wouldn’t be high enough to benefit All might

Since Todoroki's ice is still going to be Supersonic for scaling from Stain, shouldn't the students' reactions be upgraded back to Supersonic?

I find it odd how many students don't even have a reaction speed rating, and how Deku only has Superhuman reactions despite being able to react to Todoroki's ice from a very close range.

If we agree Bakugo is holding back by thousands of times with his strength against Uraraka, then I literally see no problem with him slowing down by such a small amount as well. I don't get your problem at all, like period.
In the Sports Festival it was stated multiple times that Bakugo wasn't holding back, in fact none of the students were holding back according to the statements.

Just because the ice is Supersonic doesn't necessarily mean every student's reactions are. They're at varying distances from Todoroki and respond in different ways. I don't think assuming everybody who avoided getting frozen must scale to the ice's speed.

The anime and manga shows the Class 1-A students dodging the ice as it was about to reach them.

And it's not like they had much room to see the ice coming, Todoroki instantly froze the starting gate of the race.

The anime and manga shows the Class 1-A students dodging the ice as it was about to reach them.

And it's not like they had much room to see the ice coming, Todoroki instantly froze the starting gate of the race.
But then you have stuff like Uraraka being unable to react to Bakugou's attacks, or Midoriya getting blitzed by Iida and Gran Torino. There are multiple instances which imply the students aren't supersonic.

In the Sports Festival it was stated multiple times that Bakugo wasn't holding back, in fact none of the students were holding back according to the statements.
If Bakugou wasn't holding back, why didn't he use his ultimate blasts? It's very clear that "holding back" doesn't mean you're using your quirk at maximum power. Bakugou doesn't even want to risk hitting Uraraka due to the fact that he'd give her an opening and she could easily float him.

If Bakugou wasn't holding back, why didn't he use his ultimate blasts? It's very clear that "holding back" doesn't mean you're using your quirk at maximum power. Bakugou doesn't even want to risk hitting Uraraka due to the fact that he'd give her an opening and she could easily float him.
Bakugo didn't use these "ultimate blasts" in his second fight with Deku either, that doesn't mean he was holding back by any means.

I am just using the statements made by the homeroom teacher of Class 1-A, who should know better than anyone else if Bakugo was holding back against Uraraka, not any random assumptions to suit my beliefs. By the way I am not saying she should scale from Bakugo's strongest explosions either, just that Bakugo wasn't holding back his combat speed, as that would only prolong the fight which wasn't Bakugo's intention.

Last edited:
But then you have stuff like Uraraka being unable to react to Bakugou's attacks, or Midoriya getting blitzed by Iida and Gran Torino. There are multiple instances which imply the students aren't supersonic.
Explosions are tremendously fast at close range so of course she wouldn't be able to react to them. Iida's Recipro Burst is just fast enough to blitz Supersonic characters, and Gran Torino is even faster, so I'm not sure why do you mention those instances.

Iida's Recipro Burst even have a Hypersonic feat, but we decided to take it as an outlier for reasons I don't remember.

Last edited:
Explosions are tremendously fast at close range so of course she wouldn't be able to react to them. Iida's Recipro Burst is just fast enough to blitz Supersonic characters, and Gran Torino is even faster, so I'm not sure why do you mention those instances.

Iida's Recipro Burst even have a Hypersonic feat, but we decided to take it as an outlier for reasons I don't remember.
A hypersonic feat wouldn't be enough to completely perceive blitz supersonic characters, twice. The same applies to Gran Torino vs base Midoriya. I'm also pretty sure Uraraka is referring to Bakugou's strikes instead of his explosions since the majority of the fight is her trying to win via catching Bakugou off-guard or not triggering his reflexes.

Blitzing a Supersonic character close to the next tier is classified as a Supersonic+ feat according to our standards, so I'm pretty sure being Hypersonic is more than enough to blitz a Supersonic base Deku and the rest of the students.

I would also like to mention that Uraraka being only Average Human level in combat speed would defeat the entire purpose of the fight and make Bakugo look like a total psychopath, because there would be no way she could ever hit Bakugo and use her Quirk on him even if she got close enough.

This would mean that Bakugo was toying with her all the time while Uraraka was just a complete snail in his eyes, and Aizawa's whole speech about Bakugo considering Uraraka a worthy opponent would be pointless.

I feel like we’re somehow deciding that Bakugo is this absolute god tier superhuman genetic freak that can one shot anyone in class 1-a or 1-b with a single punch but for some reason is always holding back despite being a literal hot head with a huge ego.

Like, if he could one shot Dark Shadow with a punch, why would he even need to find its weakness to light, it’s literally thousands of times weaker than him. Or why does Kirishima’s hardening, which not even a year ago made his skin just a bit harder, somehow is a 9-B to High 8-C amp. Or that Toga was so absolutely casual with Ochako and Tsuyu that she, despite apparently being supersonic, intentionally let Ochako restrain her despite clearly being shocked she dodged her.

Blitzing a Supersonic character close to the next tier is classified as a Supersonic+ feat according to our standards, so I'm pretty sure being Hypersonic is more than enough to blitz a Supersonic base Deku and the rest of the students.
That makes zero sense. There's a noticeable gap between high-end supersonic to supersonic+, but it's not enough to blitz someone in reaction speed, let perception speed. Regardless if it's according to your standards, it makes zero sense. There are boxers who a few times faster than their opponents and their opponents can still keep up.

There are multiple standards on the site, doesn't mean all of them are right, especially when you consider reaction time and perception times being mixed up. This is just blatantly absurd.

If we're going to be talking about Hypersonic ratings now, make your own CRT, because that's been ruled as an outlier.

I would also like to mention that Uraraka being only Average Human level in combat speed would defeat the entire purpose of the fight and make Bakugo look like a total psychopath, because there would be no way she could ever hit Bakugo and use her Quirk on him even if she got close enough.
Why do you think Uraraka came up with a strategy to beat him in means other than touching him directly? It's not like she had a chance, to begin with. She literally couldn't react. The reaction Bakugou got from everyone was more or less the same as everyone thinking he was a psychopath anyway, so I don't get your point here.
This would mean that Bakugo was toying with her all the time while Uraraka was just a complete snail in his eyes, and Aizawa's whole speech about Bakugo considering Uraraka a worthy opponent would be pointless.
He wasn't toying with her. He knows that any opening he'd give her would be exploited by her, so he keeps his distance. Really, the only thing he did in the fight was defending himself against Uraraka's attempts.

I feel like we’re somehow deciding that Bakugo is this absolute god tier superhuman genetic freak that can one shot anyone in class 1-a or 1-b with a single punch but for some reason is always holding back despite being a literal hot head with a huge ego.
I also find it strange how a Wall level Deku is somehow enough to control Full Cowl 45%, while Bakugo who is tens of thousands of times stronger and more durable, suffers the same amount of damage as Deku when using Full Cowl 100%, even though the difference between these two percentages is just 2.

Back