• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [One for All AP Edition]

I saw “but even you, are bound to flinch…” was Shigaraki referring to what he was about to do; practically try and pull his face off, but was stopped by Todoroki and Deku at the last instant. That made Aizawa flinch and then he fully healed. Aizawa was out for the rest of the arc after that.

I think Shigaraki was trying to save his strength and play smart, threw the bullet at Aizawa. He saw Aizawa cut his leg off and keep his quirk due to that, and Shigaraki went “**** it” mode and used all of his remaining strength to reach Aizawa and kill him.

Obviously I'm against that reasoning, I do not believe Aizawa closed his eyes. Especially since I now know he can't instantly use his Quirk after he blinks. Izuku took an elbow hit from Shigaraki and was blown away by the shockwave that came from his jump.
This was also how I understood that scene.

I saw “but even you, are bound to flinch…” was Shigaraki referring to what he was about to do; practically try and pull his face off, but was stopped by Todoroki and Deku at the last instant. That made Aizawa flinch and then he fully healed. Aizawa was out for the rest of the arc after that.
Aizawa didn't flinch from that, and Shigaraki wasn't planning on making him flinch.

He went to gouge his eyes out, and took one but wasn't fast enough to get the other before Izuku pulled him back. I think the translation is weird.

Regardless, I don't believe Shigaraki used any Quirks whatsoever.

Last edited:
Wow I am so late to this thread from 7-A+ to near baseline Low 7-B to 7-B for the wolfram calc
I can say I agree with that. We will basically be back to 7-B MHA

I’ll wait for Two for all to be evaluated to comment on that and the whole 6-C Full Cowl thing (Although it seems more consistent now)

”He used a shockwave to propel himself away?!” was Shigaraki using his brute strength to jump, creating a shockwave, and Deku viewed that as propulsion.
If that was the case Deku would have said that Shigaraki escaped his grip and then jumped away, but this wasn't really possible since Blackwhip was fully restraining his legs, not to mention that Shigaraki's previous jumps never created such a massive shock wave on the ground.

Also assuming that Deku saw events the wrong way won't fly anywhere, especially when he was right above Shigaraki and there's no reason to doubt his words.
Obviously I'm against that reasoning, I do not believe Aizawa closed his eyes. Especially since I now know he can't instantly use his Quirk after he blinks. Izuku took an elbow hit from Shigaraki and was blown away by the shockwave that came from his jump.
Where does this come from? Vigilantes? Because in the fight against the Hospital High-Ends Aizawa had no problems erasing the Quirks of the Nomus the moment they got into his sight, even when they momentarily escaped Aizawa's field of view with their raw speed.

In the series itself, Aizawa says so himself in chapter 64 and you can see an example of it in chapter 63.

"My lingering aftereffects... I can't keep up my Quirk going for long stretches, and I need longer breaks..."

He needs a break before he can use his Quirk again, we don't know how long his break needs to be, maybe a second at most but he can't remove a Quirk the instant his eyes open back up. This only accounts for when he blinks, leaving his line of sight has nothing to do with this. Momo notices this weakness during there fight, since at one point he wraps her arm up but she was able to use her Quirk to escape. He couldn't activate his Quirk in that moment since he just finished blinking beforehand.

Aizawa's eye isn't shown to close, so I don't see why we should say he blinked. Flinching doesn't equal blinking.

But “shockwaves are inconsistent and thus aren’t relevant”, as someone once told me before. All Might can be moving around at 100% speed and not even blow over a nearby can because “it’s fiction”, according to someone on here who I forgot.

Shigaraki with his first jump caused enough air pressure to blast a hole in Endeavor‘s flashfire tornado attack far larger than he was. If he’s “as strong as All Might”, I would expect him to be able to create a bit of air pressure by jumping forward with all his strength, like All Might did in Two Heroes when he appeared to save Dave from the helicopter.

Deku wouldn’t have a clear idea on what Shigaraki did because it probably happened almost instantly from his POV. One second he’s there, the next he’s being flung back by a shockwave and Shigaraki is moving towards Aizawa.

I think I understand what happened, Aizawa requires a great amount of concentration to keep his Quirk activated, but he doesn't necessarily have to close his eyes to stop using it, so in this case flinching implies that he lost his concentration for a single moment and that was enough for Shigaraki to propel himself with a shock wave.

Also, as you say, we don't see Aizawa close his eyes, but we also don't see Shigaraki break free of his leg bindings and jump forward, something that would require a position first to perform such movement.

Deku's statement says that Shigaraki was "propulsed" with a shock wave, propulsion means moving forward with an expulsion of a stream of gases, which in this case would be the air from Air Cannon, this word would have no place here if Shigaraki had simply jumped.

Last edited:
Do you have any other instance in the entire series where Aizawa turns off his quirk without blinking?

Using air cannon would also require a position; he’d have to point a free palm behind him and fire it off, but we didn’t see that either.

Yeah, I don't think Shigaraki used air canon. It wasn't shown and if he used it I feel it would have just been directly shown. Maybe he used a strength enhancer or something or it was just his raw physical speed. In the end I don't think it matters much considering we also know his initial jump at the hospital which also created a shockwave was done with raw strength/speed too.

Why are people saying Aizawa didn't blink?

You can see him beginning to close his eyes right after cutting his leg off. I thought it was very clear that because of the pain of doing that, he flinches which causes him to blink. At what point has flinching not also caused you to blink from the pain or shock?

Also, why would him jumping forward break Blackwhip wrapped around the rest of his body? Wouldn't Deku have been carried along with him? Deku was right next to him and he says he propelled himself, not that he jumped. If he had physically broke out of Blackwhip and then jumped, Deku would've said that, but he didn't.

He ALMOST blinked by flinching, but didn’t. He was still staring at Shigaraki with his quirk activated which is why he wasn’t healed nor healing.

Shigaraki jumped with enough force to break Blackwhip and sent Deku flying so fast he couldn’t see what happened. Simple.

He can propel himself just by waving his arm backward or kicking to create a shockwave like All Might's New Hampshire smash.

Btw while the Wolfram calc may not be high hypersonic+ anymore there is a Mach 50 Calc I did for 100% Deku vs Overhaul (So long as everyone agrees what I thought happened in the scene happened)

But I'll wait for that to be evaluated before saying any more

Why so? And no, "too strong" isn't a reason if it's not actually causing an inconsistency.
You don't think that 100% Izuku producing City level feats and 100% Full Cowl Izuku producing Island level feats is inconsistent?

Let me help with this, since I'm the one who should have checked the timeframe more thoroughly

Scan

Distance the cube moved in one frame = 187.42 m

Timeframe = 0.04 seconds (Assuming the movie was running at 25 fps)

Speed = 187.42/0.04 = 4685.50 m/s, Mach 13.66

Kinetic Energy =
0.5*(52577958631.3)*4685.50^2 = 577145892459886520.41 Joules, 137.94 Megatons of TNT (Mountain level)

Deku and All Might's Attack Potency = 68.97 Megatons of TNT (City level+)
Are we using this or Earthyboy's version?

Being stronger does not necessarily mean being 200x times stronger. I haven't seen any explanations that can account for a boost that huge.
The amp doesn't matter as Full Cowl 100% doesn't get used outside of the fights with Overhaul and Nine. Basing your disagreement on "well it shouldn't be 200x stronger" without anything else is simply an argument from incredulity. FC 100% doesn't cause any scaling inconsistencies.
Make that 3
Their argument for why it should be stronger makes the most sense.
Make that 4, because I agree as well.
Are we using this or Earthyboy's version?
Comparing the two versions, I think Therefir's is best, though I'm not a calc member.

The amp doesn't matter as Full Cowl 100% doesn't get used outside of the fights with Overhaul and Nine. Basing your disagreement on "well it shouldn't be 200x stronger" without anything else is simply an argument from incredulity. FC 100% doesn't cause any scaling inconsistencies.
"Deku said he would use everything against Shigaraki, therefore he had to have used as much power as he does with FC 100% or FC 100% isn't a worthwhile boost"

This is the current argument against FC 100% not producing scaling inconsistencies.

I'm agreeing with Damage on this. I personally find it hard to believe how we are treating Full Cowl 100% as a 50x multipler based on a canon movie feat when the true strength of Full Cowl 100% is actually unquantifiable. Since there's no actual manga feats of full owl 100% performing the same feat.

Saying it's stronger than his usual 100% isn't a legitimate justification for such a big upgrade, you would have to be more specific. Since we don't know how exactly strong it is, we can only assume, and assumptions is something the wiki doesn't think to be the correct way of giving characters their proper ratings.

Personally, I think we should wait for more Full Cowl 100% Feats rather than claiming he can consistently attack 6-C attacks. Otherwise it'd just cause inconsistencies, which the wiki usually avoids.

But that's just my own opinion.

"Deku said he would use everything against Shigaraki, therefore he had to have used as much power as he does with FC 100% or FC 100% isn't a worthwhile boost"

This is the current argument against FC 100% not producing scaling inconsistencies.
He didn't have Katsuma's Cell Activation or Eri's Rewind as assistance to use FC 100% without issue, and if he was using FC 100%, his entire body would be breaking, instead of only his arms and legs.

Personally, I think we should wait for more Full Cowl 100% Feats rather than claiming he can consistently attack 6-C attacks. Otherwise it'd just cause inconsistencies, which the wiki usually avoids.
I'm fine with waiting for more feats as well, if anything just because I want to see the full extent of FC 100% without anyone else helping.

But if people feel there is enough evidence for its current feat to be usable I will not debate against them.

Essentially, I'm neutral on the Heroes Rising feat.

Problem with that is that if Deku used FC 100% he would have been mincemeat from the power and would not accomplish anything against Shigaraki. The only times when he used FC 100% was when he got help from other people (mainly children). Nothing indicates he could use it on his own, at least for now. That's why, in my perspective, the "everything" part in that comment came with an asterisk.

There's no mutual exclusivity between Deku's comment about Shigaraki and him being unable to utilize FC 100%, his strongest, LETHAL, move without help. To imply such would, in my opinion, be a bit silly.

In regards to the Heroes Rising feat, I am inclined to support Earthyboy's stance that it is 6-C.

However, personally, I think Full Cowling 100% should be "At most [or 'up to'] Island level." RazumaHitoshi's argument has merit in regards to the multiplier for FC 100% being unquantifiable and simply giving it 6-C without an additional form of info could ignore the potential variation in what FC 100% can do. This sort of rating makes things more comfortable for me.

Although if it does end up being just a solid 6-C then that would be fine too.

Back