• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [One for All AP Edition]

It’s been a long while since One for All has been upgraded in attack potency. It has also been a long time since it was any higher than City level, at least in Two Heroes. After going through some fact checks, and running some calculations on various amounts of feats within the series, I have come to the conclusion that we need a revision.

Weakened All Might/Beginning of U.A Deku​

Weakened All Might is actually pretty comparable to wounded All Might in power, thanks to this calculation. Even disregarding his first feat in chapter one of the manga, their attack potency should still be buffed to City level here. Therefir’s method of calculating the Double Detroit Smash seems to be outdated, as it doesn’t measure the scene frame by frame, but rather second by second.

Not only that, it doesn’t really get the cube’s size correct, at all. I believe my version of the feat is far more accurate.

Full Cowling 100% Revisions​

Originally, Full Cowling 100% were listed as “stronger” than Deku’s regular 100%. Although, this has been removed due to the fact that there’s no evidence which indicates this.

This is wrong for various reasons. Logically, a 100% Smash would be far weaker than Full Cowling at 100% due to Deku only concentrating One for All into his arm.

When you throw a punch, you don’t just use only your arm. People who are experts at fighting always utilize their entire body when throwing a punch or a jab. But the reason punches even function, to begin with, and deal damage is because of the boxer accelerating the mass of their fist to produce force. That’s just basic physics. So when a boxer utilizes more of his body, there’s greater acceleration, therefore more force.

In Deku’s CASE, the increase when using his entire body to throw a punch would be tens of times greater. Due to the fact that Full Cowling at 100% allows him to accelerate his body at insane speeds, which would add to the already ridiculous amount of force he can generate with just his arm alone.

Post Joint Training Arc Deku​

In Heroes Rising, Deku performs a feat with the help of Bakugou, generating Gigatons of TNT to completely disperse Nine’s storm. While one could argue that these results happened because of the fact that Deku is using Full Cowling 100%, I bet there are a few people who wouldn’t accept the idea that Deku’s 100% can get nearly two hundred times stronger through Full Cowling 100%, just through accelerating his body and punching with One for All at 100%.

But the thing is, there’s evidence within the series suggesting Deku would naturally become stronger than All Might the more he develops One for All. When Deku confronts All Might about not being able to regulate One for All, All Might makes a demonstration of how the passing of One for All works.

__KMqQfxAZqLRwGHEN3bSrQlQmN5J6BGdBK4BiN1QQIhd8wfC5-6jTRXK0Kv5e4_aiAFJglDs1lYN-xwecKZNaBuOiJyZ7dtwDDC0CYYJTT3JwQ__HcehBcyKd0le5TETSMQRm5_

Whereat first, the new wielder torch is incomparable to its predecessors, but in time will grow to be even stronger. Just to note, All Might is specifically referring to how the transferal of One for All works here. He’s not just talking about how Izuku can’t handle 100% of the power.

Not only that, there are further implications that he’s referring to the strength of One for All here.

xnTU7YZOzi9nCskmxRSL1jK9iAwsH09mW1UNMlaGNOJafl4DtMPePj8GVcdxSjjfUUQhYNFZaWZK_bLELjE2EbiuPYqnXJxYe_cvK_mC24zb6zkchP3Bdr9sOq57hdPx8vY3rg-m

Even if I were generous, and said that he’s referring to how he won’t be able to use One for All anymore, that flame still represents how strong he is. Since those are the last embers of One for All, and he’s getting weaker every time he uses said flames.

His time limit also has shown a clear relationship to his power decreasing, as shown here.

A6YvBTSBmnKlVyOYWNVGI3r_N9aeKoO0PLeU1AWKMmi_MN1Firuv9B12y6nI4k3Fq7V2TgHu5nnwBul18nJDB_Xf5MBa8yRkxxsrgeyiuBuov-p1ue1PrCiL0zz_0adBl712cxDz

So, by extension, I think his flame should refer to his power/strength with One for All as well. Even ignoring this, Wolfram was able to partially hold Weakened All Might back with some random strength enhancement quirk that All for One found. This was when All Might pushed past his limits with One for All too. This would also support Deku and Bakugou generating Gigatons worth of TNT. As the increase could just be explainable due to the way One for All grows stronger for Deku.

All of the evidence I’m presenting can’t be purely coincidental. Deku has showcased that One for All is capable of getting stronger to the point he outclasses Wounded and Weakened All Might. If the wiki accepts the students getting thousands of times stronger in the course of a month, surely it’d be fine to accept One for All’s maxed output getting nearly two hundred times stronger within the course of several months. Otherwise? The previous revision on the students would be hypocrisy in its truest form.

What I’m trying to say here is that it wouldn’t be an outlier for Deku to be Island level during Heroes Rising, despite being City level several months before.

What I’m proposing here​

With all of my reasonings being conclude here, I think it’s time I summarize the revisions I proposed here.
  • Pre-transferal All Might should be at least over 31 Megatons into 7-B, along with anyone who scales. Post-transferal or extremely weakened All Might should be around 31 Megatons into 7-B as well. Along with the Beginning of U.A Deku up to Joint Training arc, along with anyone who scales.
  • Deku’s 30% of One for All should be at least 31 Megatons into 7-B due to withstanding a hit from Shigaraki. One for All’s AP usually equals or is comparable to its durability, so 30% of One for All’s AP should scale. 45%, if possible should scale slightly above 30%. This applies to both AP and Dura.
  • Full Cowling 100% should be 6-C depending on if the Heroes Rising calculation did KE the correct way, along with One for All Bakugou, since he scales.
  • War Arc Deku’s 100% should also be listed as, "Stronger than Before" than his previous 100%, as he is portrayed as being way stronger than 75% Shigaraki.
  • Faux 100% would also be 7-B since it’s comparable to Deku’s 100%.
The people who’d scale to the new 7-B calculation would be Endeavor, USJ Nomu, Hood, Miruko (slightly), 75% Shigaraki, All for One. And to my knowledge? The only people who'd scale to 6-C would be Deku's Full Cowling 100% and One for All Bakugou (maybe even Prime All Might and All for One, but that's up in the air). If I’m forgetting anyone? Please remind me in the comments.

Conclusion​

With that being said, I suggest everyone should be respectful and civil to each other. There is no need to argue violently and aggressively. Most of us are mature enough to behave properly here. Additionally, I apologize if this CRT is missing any scans, or has any grammatical errors. As I likely didn't notice any or forgot to fix them. If there are inconsistencies in the post? I'll likely fix them if they're pointed out.

That is all I will say. Everyone’s free to discuss this in the comments below.

Last edited:
Earthyboy: Are you going to change anything in the OP, or is it going to remain the same?

Question, why des Deku scale to 6-C in war Arc when Shigaraki and the others are 7-A+? Shouldn't he scale to High 7-A then? It's not like there's a statement of Deku being something like 5x stronger than Shigaraki.

Question, why des Deku scale to 6-C in war Arc when Shigaraki and the others are 7-A+? Shouldn't he scale to High 7-A then? It's not like there's a statement of Deku being something like 5x stronger than Shigaraki.
Pretty sure the 6-C thing only referred to Deku's 100% form, something Shiggy stood absolutely no chance against as he relied on his Super Regen to stay alive.

Assuming nothing changes in the OP, I'll leave this. Your Low 6-B calc isn't accepted yet, so that has no place in this discussion right now. However I will say I'm neutral towards it being an outlier or not, I'll agree with whatever the majority votes on regarding that.

The 7-A upgrades are fine based on the Wolfram calc. I have zero idea where you're getting 6-C from, do you mean High 7-A? We aren't going to upscale someone that high without a multiplier, I assume this is just a mistake.

And I've already gave my opinion on the Full Cowl thing. To repeat: Izuku literally states he's using everything OFA has to offer against Shigaraki, regardless of what happens to him, and he's not using 100% Full Cowl. There is no arguing against that, unless there's proof Izuku forgot how strong Full Cowl is.

He doesn't say everything he can do, he says he's unleashing everything OFA has. "Shigaraki now possess All For One... And One For All is a power passed down for the sole purpose of beating All For One! He has to go down here! Now's the moment to let it all out! Everything One For All has to offer! No matter what happens to me!"

Unless you can provide evidence that Izuku is lying, your assumptions based on visual showings do not matter whatsoever. You must provide in universe proof, that Full Cowl 100% is vastly superior to a single arm usage. I've provided proof that it isn't a vast increase. Izuku is very much aware of the increase Full Cowl and OFA gives him, as he knew they needed two OFA to defeat Nine, despite Nine only blowing away a single arm 100% punch.

Izuku sends 100% of OFA's energy into a single limb vs sending 100% of the energy across his entire body. No extra energy is being created here, the same power he puts into his limb is the same power he spreads around his entire body. Which means the only difference in energy would come from Izuku's base strength, which is so vastly inferior to 100% that the differences wouldn't matter.

While it's possible that using Full Cowl would make it stronger than a single limb due to how muscles work (Even though it has to be stated in universe for that to be accepted, since Izuku's power comes from fictional Quirk not real life physics), the difference would not be as massive as you're trying to claim it to be.

Yeah I also have no clue where he got 6-C from. He might've realized it was wrong, changed to High 7-A, and did not get the chance to change it—for whatever reason. I don't know why he did not change the OP. He had ample time to do so.

And I've already gave my opinion on the Full Cowl thing. To repeat: Izuku literally states he's using everything OFA has to offer against Shigaraki, regardless of what happens to him, and he's not using 100% Full Cowl. There is no arguing against that, unless there's proof Izuku forgot how strong Full Cowl is.
And I've already debunked this.

If he was using everything he had against Shigaraki, he would've used 100% Full Cowling. That gives him increased reaction time and more maneuverability against Shigaraki. It's him going all out. But it's very clear he's not using that mode of One for All because that could damage his body extensively beyond repair.

You must provide in universe proof, that Full Cowl 100% is vastly superior to a single arm usage. I've provided proof that it isn't a vast increase. Izuku is very much aware of the increase Full Cowl and OFA gives him, as he knew they needed two OFA to defeat Nine, despite Nine only blowing away a single arm 100% punch.
Why would I have to provide evidence of such a thing being in the manga when it's common sense? When you throw a punch, you don't just use your arm, you use your legs and torso, your entire body, then the punch becomes more powerful. This is due to you using the entire mass of your body, and accelerating it at certain speeds.

There is no reason to assume Full Cowling 100% doesn't fall under the same principle. In fact, it's essentially basic physics. More accelerating on the something equals greater force. That's just simple logic. If you're going to continue to use the same excuse over and over again, then that'd just be a concession via burden of rejoinder.

While it's possible that using Full Cowl would make it stronger than a single limb due to how muscles work (Even though it has to be stated in universe for that to be accepted, since Izuku's power comes from fictional Quirk not real life physics), the difference would not be as massive as you're trying to claim it to be.
Yes, it would. The only reason using your entire body when punching IRL wouldn't be much stronger than using your arm is because you're not really adding a megaton of accelerating to your body mass. Deku is literally taking the 7-A+ AP he has for a single limb and amplifying it by the acceleration of his body. The result is more force.

The 7-A upgrades are fine based on the Wolfram calc. I have zero idea where you're getting 6-C from, do you mean High 7-A? We aren't going to upscale someone that high without a multiplier, I assume this is just a mistake.
No, it is not a mistake. Whether or not I didn't make it clear enough in the CRT, or forgot to put this in, Deku's 100% being 6-C in the War Arc is due to him literally breaking Shigaraki's jaw almost completely off. Shigaraki is already nearly the baseline for High 7-A, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume Deku's current 100% is at least 6-C.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I even pointed this out in the OP, but you must've glossed over it somehow.

Nothing changed in the OP. Were there any changes that went on the past month?
A few things changed. I removed the weather changing calculation, since I did not want to argue about that for the billionth time, I also stated who scales to this and who doesn't. And originally, Deku's 100% along with Weakened All Might were gonna be High 7-A, but now it's 7-A+.

Yeah, the 6-C rating is explained in the CRT above.
  • War Arc Deku’s 100% should also be 6-C, as he is portrayed as being way stronger than Deku’s previous 100% and Weakened All Might/Shigaraki.

Yeah, the 6-C rating is explained in the CRT above.
  • War Arc Deku’s 100% should also be 6-C, as he is portrayed as being way stronger than Deku’s previous 100% and Weakened All Might/Shigaraki.
Thanks for clarifying the 6-C thing. Personally I am in the air about the Full Cowling thing but I'll come to a stance about that.

So Upscaling War Arc 100% Deku straight up to 6-C (4.3 Gigatons or higher) from At Least 7-A+ (At Least 910 Megatons/0.91 Gigatons), a 4.725X increase, instead of At Least High 7-A (1 Gigaton or higher)?

So Upscaling War Arc 100% Deku straight up to 6-C (4.3 Gigatons or higher) from At Least 7-A+ (At Least 910 Megatons/0.91 Gigatons), a 4.725X increase, instead of At Least High 7-A (1 Gigaton or higher)?
War Arc Deku's 100% completely destroyed Shigaraki's jaw and almost knocked it clean off with a single right-hook.

I don't think someone would be able to do this if they were only four times stronger than the person they're doing this against, otherwise, anyone with decent fighting skills on the planet could just, kill the average man.

Not sure that nearly completely breaking off a character's jaw together with Midoriya just glassing Shiggy with punches to the point of him being totally dependent on regeneration in spite of them having High 7-A durability merely warrants an "At least High 7-A" rating.

Even if Shigaraki's durability was only 7-A+ (which it is, currently capped at 910 Megatons), Deku would likely have to be 6-C to pull shit like that.
Oof, I misunderstood his durability being High 7-A instead of 7-A+. Does not make that much of a difference, though.

No way in hell is upscaling of that magnitude permitted.
So, let me get this straight...

Deku knocking off Shigaraki's NEARLY completely off with a single hit isn't enough to warrant him being 6-C, (which is only a few times stronger than 910 Megatons). How is that not permitted? Deku nearly killed Shigaraki with a single strike. Shigaraki's jaw was about to come off. Shigaraki was getting folded by Deku and he was only kept alive thanks to regeneration. He could not counter Deku's attacks whatsoever without the help of quirks.

If boxers are capable of generating punches worth more than 300 or so joules, the average person, (who can't generate more than 37.5 joules), would find that their jaw would be knocked square off with a decently placed punch.

THAT type of upscaling isn't permitted now?

Bro, you can't upsscale from 1 gigaton to 4.3 wtf?

We just had a One Piece thread where we upscaled from 3.98 gigatons to 4.3 because of it meeting the requirements of under 1.1x

this is 4.3x, NO POSSIBLE WAY, YOU CAN UPSCALE THAT MUCH.

@Earthyboy; yes, it is absolutely not permitted. Never has been.

That's like saying "Punching a person's jaw off is a 5x multiplier."

One-shotting somebody doesn't mean "We can rate someone a couple of tiers higher than the other person."
Here's the problem.

You can't knock someone's jaw off without being WAY STRONGER than their own durability. Deku is portrayed as being vastly stronger than Shigaraki himself, otherwise, how would he nearly knock his jaw off?

What is the refute against that other than you saying, "it's wrong." This is total bullshit.

I don’t understand “Deku almost knocked his jaw off”.

To me, he only held his mouth open a bit wider than usual. Maybe dislocation, but nowhere near off. Characters in the manga have very large mouths, it’s part of the art style.

He swung downwards with all his might and only pulled his mouth open a bit wider and knocked some teeth out. His later 100% blitz was barely giving him bruises and never did that much damage that sort of difference in tier would imply.

Here's the problem.

You can't knock someone's jaw off without being WAY STRONGER than their own durability. Deku is portrayed as being vastly stronger than Shigaraki himself, otherwise, how would he nearly knock his jaw off?

What is the refute against that other than you saying, "it's wrong." This is total bullshit.
You can't unquantifiably scale him to 6-C, IT'S AGAINST THE RULES, you cannot do that. You would just be "At least High 7-A"

I don’t understand “Deku almost knocked his jaw off”.

To me, he only held his mouth open a bit wider than usual. Maybe dislocation, but nowhere near off. Characters in the manga have very large mouths, it’s part of the art style.
You could visually see how Shigaraki's jaw was hanging out of his mouth. You could even see the muscle tendons that were connecting the jaw to his face, stretching and ready to separate.

You can't unquantifiably scale him to 6-C, IT'S AGAINST THE RULES, you cannot do that. You would just be "At least High 7-A"
Just because it's against the rules doesn't mean it's not wrong. But I suppose I'll handle this later in a separate thread.

Then create a new Thread to revise what was accepted in the Upscaling Thread
Very well then.

You could visually see how Shigaraki's jaw was hanging out of his mouth. You could even see the muscle tendons that were connecting the jaw to his face, stretching and ready to separate.

Just because it's against the rules doesn't mean it's not wrong. But I suppose I'll handle this later in a separate thread.

Very well then.
So him being way stronger doesn't make him 6-C, you realize after High 7-A, it's High 7-A+ which is 2.15 Gigatons, you need to prove quantifiably how he gets to 4.3 Gigatons which is 6-C.

Personally I think the whole upscaling thing is somewhat nonsensical, but I have little time to argue about that. Hence I'll just concede on that point and discuss it when I have another opportunity and just focus on this thread. 100% Deku should still get a "At least High 7-A" rating just to illustrate how much stronger he is compared to Shigaraki. Shiggy is close enough to High 7-A anyways so I have no qualms about that.

So him being way stronger doesn't make him 6-C, you realize after High 7-A, it's High 7-A+ which is 2.15 Gigatons, you need to prove quantifiably how he gets to 4.3 Gigatons which is 6-C.
And I did. He knocked his jaw completely off. The average person wouldn't be able to pull off shit like that unless he was a lot stronger than the person they're punching.

It's pretty much pointless arguing about this anymore since there was a thread about this, so it's best to drop it.

And I did. He knocked his jaw completely off. The average person wouldn't be able to pull off shit like that unless he was a lot stronger than the person they're punching.

It's pretty much pointless arguing about this anymore since there was a thread about this, so it's best to drop it.
You can be 1.1x stronger than someone, and still oneshot them. It doesn't make them 4x stronger.

And alright got it.

Yeah, I can agree with "At Least High 7-A" For 100%. War Arc Deku

Before that I suppose I should agree with 7-A+ though. I feel like All Might should get an At Least as he was already over his limits when he performed the feat.

I definitely agree with Full Cowling 100% should be stronger than 100% ... but yeah Deku was clear that he was going all out against Shiggy. Perhaps a Possibly or Likely higher rating for Full Cowling 100%?

In terms of Full Cowl:

I find it literally impossible that it is just as strong as a punch at 100%. Just based on physics and presentation of the ability, it should absolutely be the strongest Deku can get.

I find the logic of “he used everything vs Shigaraki but not FC 100% so it’s not worth it” to be asinine. FC 100% would likely instantly cripple him should he go into it, as he does not have crutches such as Eri or Katsuma to amplify his body to handle it. Even if his body is stronger, he didn’t know that until the doctor told him. He was fully prepared to sacrifice himself to stop Shigaraki, but if he went FC 100%, he would just instantly cripple himself and accomplish nothing. Believing he wouldn’t have valued the increased reaction speed or all of his limbs being permanently increased is ridiculous.

However, I will be fine with it not being rated as such. If the current belief is that there isn’t enough evidence, then I’ll just wait for more evidence, even if I disagree. More feats for Full Cowl 100% would be appreciated anyway.

Back