• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia - Scaling Revisions [One for All AP Edition]

Yeah, I can agree with "At Least High 7-A" For 100%. War Arc Deku

Before that I suppose I should agree with 7-A+ though. I feel like All Might should get an At Least as he was already over his limits when he performed the feat.

I definitely agree with Full Cowling 100% should be stronger than 100% ... but yeah Deku was clear that he was going all out against Shiggy. Perhaps a Possibly or Likely higher rating for Full Cowling 100%?
I also think Full Cowling 100% is above 100%. In fact, someone in another thread made it a point that if Deku would go 100% FC, he'd be mincemeat. Deku certainly was not speaking nonsense when he said he'd unleash everything OFA has on Shigaraki, but I doubt he'd go so far as to sacrifice himself and accomplish nothing.

Alright. I really don't agree with the distance you used in the calculation, you ignored some frames. I will explain later when I get home

I don't see anything to suggest At least High 7-A. Just High 7-A should be fine, dislocating the jaw of a 7-A+ character isn't grounds for a At least.

Unless I'm missing something.
Even from a mathematical standpoint, Deku is closer to High 7-A+ with 100% than baseline High 7-A when factoring in he’s at 45%.

And we know that his percentages are not mathematically accurate, they’re exponential.

I see literally no issue with At least High 7-A given the absurd gaps in strength that are present with his percentages, as well as the fact that the only character to fight him didn’t die solely due to regen, and even then got stomped into oblivion.

Claiming he’s only 1 gigaton when a form he could one shot is 910 megatons is being willfully foolish, not careful with up scaling. Just give him an At least and move on.

Even from a mathematical standpoint, Deku is closer to High 7-A+ with 100% than baseline High 7-A when factoring in he’s at 45%.

But that wasn't with 45%. That was a 100% Smash on Tomura.

Alright. I really don't agree with the distance you used in the calculation, you ignored some frames. I will explain later when I get home
Actually, hold on. I thought you were referring to a different calculation. I definitely didn't ignore any frames here. A few calc group members already agree with the calculation along with a few other people, so I doubt there are any errors.

I agree that information is too vague, if something in the future shows that Full Cowl is superior to a single limb use.

Obviously I'll concede if the show clearly shows or states this.
It's not "too vague." I've presented evidence suggesting that it's superior to 100% with a single limb. It's common sense at this point.

About Mirko,

Would her Durability still be inferior to her Striking Strength?

I.E.
Her AP/SS ~ 910 Megatons while her Durability ~ 550 Megatons/Baseline 7-A+ or higher, similar to what her stats are currently?
Yes, her durability is lower than her kicking strength without a doubt. Her AP value changing doesn't change anything about that.

I'm not certain of that value, but it should be lower.

It's not "too vague." I've presented evidence suggesting that it's superior to 100% with a single limb. It's common sense at this point.
No it isn't, you've posted zero evidence in universe.

Izuku's statement would be 100% incorrect if Full Cowl was superior, as he stated he was releasing everything OFA had to offer. He did not say he was releasing everything he had to offer, but OFA itself. Also no one has yet to explain a reason why Katsuma's Quirk would allow Izuku to use 100% Full Cowl without instantly crippling himself.

Using AOE is poor evidence, if we take low AOE as not being proof of having low AP. The same is true in reverse, just having higher AOE doesn't make you stronger than someone/something who was shown to have less AOE.

I refuse to argue this with you, unless you stop using assumptions and bring real proof. But I know you cannot do that.

But that wasn't with 45%. That was a 100% Smash on Tomura.
I’m saying with 45% scaling to 910 megatons, there is literally no possible way it can be only 1 gigaton at 100%, even from a mathematical standpoint, which is a horrendous lowball when applied to Deku.

45% *2 = 90% = 1.8 gigatons

This is the grossest, most horrendous lowball possible as we know that Deku’s percentages are not mathematical. They are higher. To claim 100% is slightly over 2x 45% is an incorrect claim. Just look at the difference between 8 and 20, or 20 and 45.

Mathematically, he’s nearing High 7-A+. And math is lowballing heavily.

So an “At least” to compensate for the unknown factor of his exponential increases is better than just “High 7-A” and lets more skeptical people not freak out if they saw “High 7-A+”

No it isn't, you've posted zero evidence in universe.
I don't have to. This is a matter of basic physics and how the force works. More acceleration on Deku's body mass coupled with 100% of One for All would make Full Cowling 100% stronger. You're essentially denying the idea that the series adheres to the equation for Force.

Izuku's statement would be 100% incorrect if Full Cowl was superior, as he stated he was releasing everything OFA had to offer. He did not say he was releasing everything he had to offer, but OFA itself. No one has yet to explain a reason why Katsuma's Quirk would allow Izuku to use 100% Full Cowl without instantly crippling himself.
No, it is not incorrect. Because he would obviously gain benefits with Full Cowling 100% active. He just can't use it because he would instantly die. I've already explained this to you Rusty, and if you continue to state this, then this falls under Ad Nauseum. I have no need to counter an argument that has been refuted several times, yet is still being repeated.

I refuse to argue this with you, unless you stop using assumptions and bring real proof. But I know you cannot do that.
How am I assuming anything when it's just basic physics? Something which is shown in the series to exist. You can toss around statements that I have no legitimate evidence. It doesn't automatically make you correct.

Katsuma’s quirk activates cells, speeding up regeneration but also strengthening the body temporarily. I’m certain thats stated in a databook or official source somewhere but I don’t have those, but it’s definitely at least stated in the English dub, I remember that.

Why is 45% scaling to 910 Megatons? Isn't the calc of 910 Megatons for 100% Izuku?
45% Izuku can take a hit from 75% Shigaraki, and could restrain him with Blackwhip. Shigaraki scales via being comparable to All Might, who is scaling to the cube feat.

Actually, hold on. I thought you were referring to a different calculation. I definitely didn't ignore any frames here. A few calc group members already agree with the calculation along with a few other people, so I doubt there are any errors.
Well, the same person who accepted the calculation is the same person who used the same method in the original calculation.
Anyway, my issue is simple. You consider the yellow line is equal to the diameter of the cube at this panel:
Cube_speed.png
But now, look at it "frame by frame"
Screenshot_20210727-170033.png

Screenshot_20210727-170052.png

Screenshot_20210727-170120.png
The cube is bigger than the yellow line

It is really simple

45% Izuku can take a hit from 75% Shigaraki, and could restrain him with Blackwhip. Shigaraki scales via being comparable to All Might, who is scaling to the cube feat.
Wasn’t that when Shigaraki was weakening to such a point that Ryuku could stop him running for a time?

Wasn’t that when Shigaraki was weakening to such a point that Ryuku could stop him running for a time?
Yes I did point that out in the OG thread, but since Shigaraki speed had increased, I believe it was agreed that his strength didn't decrease.

He was going Plus Ultra at the time, so he wasn’t getting weaker. Endeavor even noted that he was faster.

Also, he blasted Deku point blank with an Air Cannon when Aizawa blinked. That same Air Cannon could blow away Endeavor and push away his flames. It is also what destroyed Ryukyu’s arms.

Deku ate it and caught Shigaraki with a Blackwhip before he even reached Aizawa

Ah, Endeavor didn’t note he was faster actually. He was just continuing to move. He then punches through Ryukyu’s arms and says he’s running out of steam.

However, when he blasted Deku, he has all his quirks back, including Super Regeneration. So he would’ve been back to normal in the split second he hit Deku.

Also there’s his 45% body not dying from the Air Cannon Shigaraki shot at him while they were in the air.

So that's durability & lifting strength?

Well, the same person who accepted the calculation is the same person who used the same method in the original calculation.
Anyway, my issue is simple. You consider the yellow line is equal to the diameter of the cube at this panel:
Cube_speed.png
But now, look at it "frame by frame"
Screenshot_20210727-170033.png

Screenshot_20210727-170052.png

Screenshot_20210727-170120.png
The cube is bigger than the yellow line

It is really simple
If you want me to say it traveled the distance in like, two or more frames, then that wouldn't really bump the calculation down that much. It'd still be over 450+ Megatons in KE. That's not a drastic downgrade.

Edit: actually, you're just saying the cube is bigger than the yellow line. I mistook what you said. So, do I have to do the pixel scaling again?

While I don't think the distance changes all that much. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to recalculate the distance. Wonderful.

I'm playing the movie right now, and the cube doesn't reach the end of the screen till 16 frames.

From where it starts moving to when it leave the screen it takes 17 frames, and 16 frames to reach the very edge of the screen.

That's a very big difference from 1 frame, the results will go down by a lot.

I never said it was a drastic downgrade

Although what @TheRustyOne said about the timeframe can create a massive downgrade
It won't. At most, after the cube started to drastically accelerate, I'll have to say it traveled a certain distance in two frames. That's pretty much it.

I'm playing the movie right now, and the cube doesn't reach the end of the screen till 16 frames.

From where it starts moving to when it leave the screen it takes 17 frames, and 16 frames to reach the very edge of the screen.

That's a very big difference from 1 frame, the results will go down by a lot.
No, it did not take 17 frames to travel 716.3 meters. Most of those frames are when the cube wasn't even moving supersonically. It wasn't until the very end of those frames of which the cube actually started to break the sound barrier. It did this in like, 2 or 3 frames?

We're calculating the time it took for the cube to cover those 716.3 meters while going at super to hypersonic speeds. Not the distance it traveled while moving slowly.

No. AP does not automatically scale from durability.
Izuku's percentages are proportional, he's increase his stats a certain amount of OFA. So his dura cannot be massively higher than his AP, unless it's true for all of his percentages.

Back