• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #4

Though I don't remember a particular example, I am sure Horikoshi has made art mistakes in the past where he hasn't included Izuku's scars or not done them fully. I guess we'll see in the next chapter.

> All For One stole mutliple Quirks at once from a bunch of people that were fighting and it looks like he was able to do it without even touching them.

I think he does touch them, he just does it too quick for them to notice. (Seeing as he isn't there in one panel and he is there the next.) It may be that the dream/flashback isn't 100% accurate but I think a bigger deal would be made if All For One could steal Quirks without physical contact.

Thanks for changing it. I noticed it earlier myself but never got around to fixing it.

Hey people, I want to ask if I can change the names of some characters that are wrong, like Shoto instead of Shouto, or Bakugo instead of Bakugou.

I remember Reppuzan having to change multiple edits that renamed him 'Bakugo'. I think it is the wrong spelling.

Please, please do so.

We should really have the correct spelling on them by now.

Bakugo is the right spelling, as is Shota, Shoto, Yo, etc.

@Therefir

No.

I explicitly spelled those out because that's how they're spelled in Japanese.

þêåÞ▒¬ÕïØÕÀ▒ (Òü░ÒüÅÒüöÒüåÒüïÒüñÒüì) - Bakugou Katsuki

Þ¢ƒþäªÕçì (Òü¿Òü®ÒéìÒüìÒüùÒéçÒüåÒü¿) - Todoroki Shouto

I don't care what Viz does. This is how you spell it.

@Damage

Again, no. I don't care what Viz says. If you read out the hiragana and katakana that's how it's spelled.

Those are the Japanese spellings, yes, but what's wrong with going with the official English spells of their names?

Technically you should put it as Bakugō Katsuki if you're going with the full Japanese way of spelling it.

@Damage

Because they're wrong.

I converted sound-for-sound and letter-for-letter into English and I'm not budging on this.

Yeesh, I won't push for the changes but that's a pretty hefty amount of arrogance I wasn't expecting to see.

Shouldn't you change any mention of Yo Shindo to You Shindou as well? Since the Romaji version of that is Shindō Yō.

@Damage

I don't see why it's "arrogance" when it's spelled exactly like that if you convert straight from Japanese to English.

Put it through a romaji converter and see what you get.

I didn't do Shindou because I've been too busy doing other things to really look over the My Hero profiles recently.

From a wiki perspective it's also more convenient for users because it's far easier to type in "ou" than the accented "o".

Andytrenom said:
Yeah, Repp wasn't acting any different than he usually does imo.
Don't read too much into it; just venting frustration.

Anyway, I like the improved image for Shigaraki. Tokoyami should probably have one too for his Hero Costume.

yes, I agree.

however, Repp is the one that made and managed a lot of these profiles in the past so ill accept his approach to the naming of the characters.

it doesn't bother me as long as the people who search it, know who the character is

I apologize if I come across as irritable. There's just a lot of stuff that's been happening lately and it's been stressing me out.

But I'm still not budging on the names issue. I've already set up redirects for the accented names.

Does anyone else think the justification for Tomura's AP is still weak? Deku couldn't exactly fully struggle in Tomura's grip because he had the threat of his neck being disintegrated if Tomura touched him fully...

And there's no indication of him having to be comparable to the other villains.

@Damage

He'd be better off scaled to Aizawa for stopping his elbow strike and fighting him in hand-to-hand.

And that brings me to Aizawa; I assume his 'overpowering several students at once' feat is the gag moment of him dragging the other students to their Remedial Course during the Forest Arc? Not exactly an AP feat.

And holding back Bakugo with his Capturing Weapon (If I'm right this was during the early part of the series such as the Battle Trial Arc?) isn't a Building level feat unless he was preventing Bakugo letting off a Building level attack which I don't remember Bakugo doing.

This is the justification being used to prop up Aizawa, Tomura and Toga being Building level... Not very good justifications.

Bakugou is Building level physically, so Aizawa restraining him with his Capturing Weapon is a Building level feat.

@Damage

I mean, he's still dragging them around and Kirishima is still one of the stronger members of Class 1-A physically and could easily punch around the Entrance Exam robots.

I'm pretty sure it was when Bakugou was lunging at Izuku.

Was Bakugo Building level physically during that arc? What was it that made him Building level then?

Repp; from what Aizawa is saying it seems that the Capturing Weapon is mostly responsible for stopping Bakugo since he couldn't break it, and he couldn't propel himself further since his Quirk was nullified. That's a decent strength feat, sure, but I'm skeptical about it being Building level.

So basically Aizawa just needed enough strength to stop Bakugo running forwards... Hardly seems like a Building level AP feat.

That's referencing Bakugo's Quirk not getting any stronger; not that Bakugo isn't any stronger physically.

And no, just saying "regardless this is a Building level feat" doesn't convince me that it is suddenly a Building level feat.

So, to summarize; there is nothing suggesting Bakugo was charging forwards with Building level AP at that moment, and Aizawa stopping him moving isn't solid justification for Building level AP.

No, Aizawa was also talking about developing their physical strength.

You can't restrain someone much stronger than you, if Bakugou were stronger than Aizawa, he would be able to move.

I didn't say Bakugo was much stronger than Aizawa. I'm currently thinking that Bakugo during the Quirk Apprehension Test Arc wasn't as strong then as he later becomes.

I'm saying it's a stretch to go from "Bakugo hurts Deku with a punch in the Final Exams Arc" to Bakugo running towards Deku in the Quirk Apprehension Test Arc = Building level AP. And this is the justification to make Tomura Building level...

It's not concrete; there's no values attached to it, and it's a bad chain of scaling IMO.

After all, if Bakugo had Building level physical AP in the Quirk Apprehension Test Arc then you're essentially saying Shinso should have Building level AP, since he hurt Deku and Deku was hit by Bakugo during the Battle Trial Arc.

That's where this scaling chain becomes ridiculous.

Back