• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #4

I mean, didn't Aizawa also pull the 5 exam failures (Haha, from the oh so superior Class 1-A) casually, one of which was Kirishima and another Satou who were struggling.

I'm not saying that Bakugou running is 8-C, I'm just saying that Bakugou being unable to move means that Aizawa is stronger than him physically. Also that being a bad chain of scaling is just your opinion lul.

> After all, if Bakugo had Building level physical AP in the Quirk Apprehension Test Arc then you're essentially saying Shinso should have Building level AP, since he hurt Deku and Deku was hit by Bakugo during the Battle Trial Arc.

Considering how easily Bakugou was overpowering Izuku and that Shinso can only slightly hurt him, Shinso is not going to be 8-C.

Jinx666 said:
I mean, didn't Aizawa also pull the 5 exam failures (Haha, from the oh so superior Class 1-A) casually, one of which was Kirishima and another Satou who were struggling.
That was really more of a gag scene; I don't think we should take that as much of a feat since why would they struggle at full strength? They know breaking free would accomplish nothing since they're being ordered by a teacher to report for lessons.

I have to ask, is the My Hero Academia Vigilante considered canon? Because there's something there that can make Aizawa 8-C if what I'm seeing is correct.

@Rusty

Yes it's canon. Events from Illegals are referenced in the main story (i.e. the use of Trigger).

Therefir said:
Considering how easily Bakugou was overpowering Izuku and that Shinso can only slightly hurt him, Shinso is not going to be 8-C.
Isn't the whole point of Shinso's rating that he can hurt Deku?

And if Bakugo hit Deku with an 8-C attack then Deku would have 8-C durability at that point; and therefore Shinso must be 8-C for hurting Deku.

If you're saying Shinso only slightly hurting Deku barely counts then I question why Shinso has his current rating at all.

They struggled at full strength because, well, they couldn't even pull Aizawa. And their base strength, not with usage of their quirks.

I think gag feats can still be countable as long as they arent completely farfetch'd, to which a pro hero being able to overpower 5 kids isn't.

Izuku has Building level durability at that point, and slightly hurting him is a 9-A feat, what is so hard to understand?

Sorry I forgot you already think that Izuku has Building level durability at that point.

Aizawa was able to take a electric attack from a villain that was stated to be as strong as a bolt of lightning, it even took out the power to a city block.

Villain's Quirk (Note that the light blinds Aizawa so he can't erase it)

Statement that it's as strong as a bolt of lightning. (Also you can see how close Aizawa was to the villain)

How Aizawa looked after taking that attack. If this is accepted as being strong as a bolt of lightning then doesn't that mean he's 8-C? The average lightning bolt is 8-C or am I wrong?

@Jinx666 We already accept comedy feats like Hatsume surviving an explosion, as long as is not something completely illogical like creating things out of nowhere, it should be fine to use those feats.

TheRustyOne; that looks like a good feat but the topic was more about Aizawa's AP, not his durability.

Damage3245 said:
TheRustyOne; that looks like a good feat but the topic was more about Aizawa's AP, not his durability.
Yeah but hasn't Aizawa hurt people that can hurt him?

@TheRustyOne Did Aizawa hurt that thing? Because if he can hurt something that can withstand their own electricity which is 8-C in AP, he is also 8-C.

Tamaki's stats kind of suck right now too.

That profile slipped past my notice when I was looking through a lot of them.

Using that though Therefir, Knuckleduster's only non-circular justification would be being able to hurt a giant villain.

Well if that villain's Quirk is accepted as being as strong as a actual bolt of lightning then that means Aizawa has 8-C durability. If Knuckleduster can hurt Aizawa with his punches that means he has 8-C AP and 8-C dura.

And if Aizawa can hurt Knuckleduster that makes him 8-C in AP as well.

I might have missed something but it looks like Knuckleduster was losing that fight and Aizawa seemed pretty casual while Knuckleduster was bleeding and panting.

Yeah, Knucleduster never hits Aizawa during their fight (assuming they only fought in chapter 2).

On an unrelated note, does anyone else wonder what the Class 1-A Quirks would be like if they took Trigger?

Well Class 1-A's Quirks are pretty basic, so most of them would only get a power-up.

But what would happen if Prime All Might took the trigger...? He would probably be able to blow to a whole country.

Hard to imagine what Hagakure could get; unless she turned into a disco ball or something.

EDIT: Quick question; if a character had unknown physicals (Like Hagakure) but were obviously human characters... wouldn't it be possible to put At least Human level for all of their stats that were unknown? Because there's no reason why they would be weaker than average human level even if their exact stats were unknown.

Damage3245 said:
Hard to imagine what Hagakure could get; unless she turned into a disco ball or something.
Normal people in MHA are superhuman compared to use. The average human who doesn't train at all (Hatsume) have been shown to be Wall level.

I find it hard to believe that normal people in MHA can't hurt themselves.

I know that Rusty but I don't think it's right to assume Wall level stats for everyone. What I could see (and I don't know why it isn't the case) is why everyone isn't assumed to have At least Human level stats apart from individuals like very old or very young characters.

Damage3245 said:
I know that Rusty but I don't think it's right to assume Wall level stats for everyone. What I could see (and I don't know why it isn't the case) is why everyone isn't assumed to have At least Human level stats apart from individuals like very old or very young characters.
Because you have to have proof of that? Normal humans like Hatsume have Wall level dura and their AP is unknown since most of them aren't physical fighters.

We can't just make up stats for characters.

Even Eri can withstand supersonic+ speeds without fainting or dying.

Rusty; there's nothing actually pointing out in the story that Hatsume represents the average person. Just because she doesn't do hero training doesn't mean her durability = the durability of the average person.

How is it making up stats to assume human character is at least on the level of a human individual...? I don't get what you mean.

Do you have proof that Hatsume isn't a average human?

We can't just assume someone is average human by our world's standards when we're shown that their average human is blantly superhuman compared to us.

We leave them at unknown because it's better then making up stats for no reason. Especially when their Dura is Building level/Wall level.

Izuku, Aizawa, Stain, Tomura, and even Todoroki don't have quirks that increase their dura yet can train their bodies to withstand attacks that would make us explode into red mist.

For the record I wasn't actually suggesting we change anyone's stats; I was just wondering why human characters (for any series really) isn't assumed to be At least Human Level if their stats were unknown. Also, note At least Human level doesn't restrict them to just being an ordinary human in our world but say they're at that level at minimum.

Rusty; burden of proof would be on the person claiming Hatsume represents an average person in MHA.

Unknow stats are used when we don't know anything about the character, saying they should be human level in stats because they're human is ridiculous. We don't know what their AP is.

Childs like Kouta, Eri and young Bakugou have Street level durability feats, so putting characters like Hagakure at Human level seems wrong since you're assuming that she can't even hurt a little child.

TheRustyOne said:
Why bring this up then?
Curiosity. Yes, their actual stats are unknown but if you wanted a reasonable subsitute then one exists since we do know that the characters are human/superhuman and therefore there is a reasonable minimum level for them.

Maybe the minimum level is so obvious then it doesn't warrant mentioning on profiles.

Therefir said:
Childs like Kouta, Eri and young Bakugou have like Street level durability feats, so putting characters like Hagakure at Human level seems wrong since you're assuming that she can't even hurt a little child.
I didn't say Human level; I said At least Human Level.

Back