• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #4

Via scaling Izuku 5% is indeed superior to Kyoka Jiro, also Mina Ashido's Acid Veil is stronger than Kyoka's Hearbeat Fuzz, and Mina was not using any item like an amplifier.

PD: Holy shit I can finally see my notifications on my phone, FANDOM took a whole week to fix that.

Kyoka was sending Building level sound waves through the ground, and I don't think she could break them without amplifiers, since even with her amplifiers she couldn't.

> And regarding Mina, yes, her acid was able to melt away the balls because she caught them directly in her acid.

Well of course, I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

I'm pointing out the difference in attacks; Jiro broke the ground to dig the balls out, not destroy them. It was an indirect attack.

Mina caught the balls in her Acid Veil. It was a direct 'attack'. To put it simply; if Jiro had hit the balls directly, I think should have broken them.

That aside, you haven't explained the scaling that warrants mentioning it on Izuku's profile.

Scaling from Stain of course.

I know she broke the ground to dig the balls out, but the sound waves she send have Building level energy, and the balls didn't break.

> Scaling from Stain of course.

That's already mentioned on the profile. There is no need for Kyoka to be mentioned on there.

Scaling from Stain has nothing to do with Kyoka's feat.

It's also baseless. I'm fine accepting that scaling from Stain belongs on Izuku's profile because that's something Izuku can actually scale from.

He doesn't scale from Kyoka's feat, so it should be removed.

Do you agree with 8% being 1.6 times stronger 5%? That is the difference between 5 and 8.

I'm not sure yet. I don't know how literally Horikoshi intends to take the difference between the percentages to be the exact differences in power, and whether or not we should apply that to calcs.

I feel like that would lead to bit of a slippery slope; say Izuku gets a calc for his 100% punch, do we divide it by 20 to get his 5% punch? I don't think we should.

Well of course not, for example you can say that 100% is at least 4 times stronger than 20%, but can't say that 20% is four times weaker than 100%, because 100% seems much more powerful than 20%, do you understand me?

What I'm trying to say is that if 100% have its own feat, you can't back scale it to 20% and 5%, but if 20% have its own feat, it should be fine to assume that 100% is at least four times more powerful.

Well, I don't agree with much of it. I've posted my response on that thread. Out of curiosity, what is the speed scaling currently? Shoto's Giant Ice Wall has that speed, and I'm guessing we're assuming all of his smaller ice formations have the same speed?

I've found a bit of circular reasoning; on Kirishima's page one of his justifications is that he is comparable to Tetsutetsu, but one Tetsutetsu's page, one of his justifications is that he is comparable to Kirishima.

@Damage3245

In the changes, I'd suggest Deku at 8% should be Small Building Level+ (The calc you linked should be justification enough). Deku at 20% should be At least Building Level+ (States he can knock out Building Level+ durability Kai Chisaki out in a single blow). Any thoughts?

I agree for the most part, but there's a bit of scaling in the way that I'm gathering evidence against right now.

Although are we sure that was Deku confidently asserting he could knock out Chisaki in one blow? Or just him wanting to knock Chisaki out in one blow?

Given how Deku's internal monologues can't be taken at face value, it might be the second (wishful thinking).

Steve Rogers1 said:
Deku was intending to end the fight in one blow, but Chisaki dodged due to Deku's predictable fighting style.
That was what he wanted to do, yes; that isn't proof he could actually do it.

Although I don't think we should just ignore his statement.

And the multiplier of the percentages is still there.

Right. I'm not in favor of just ignoring character statements most of the time. Just examining them with context.

Damage3245 said:
I've found a bit of circular reasoning; on Kirishima's page one of his justifications is that he is comparable to Tetsutetsu, but one Tetsutetsu's page, one of his justifications is that he is comparable to Kirishima.
You're right, Kirishima is supposed to be equal to Bakugou so there's no need to put Tetsutetsu in his justifications.

Damage3245 said:
Well, I don't agree with much of it. I've posted my response on that thread. Out of curiosity, what is the speed scaling currently? Shoto's Giant Ice Wall has that speed, and I'm guessing we're assuming all of his smaller ice formations have the same speed?
Yes, we assume that his smaller ice formations have similar speeds.

I don't want to spoil anything but Dabi has a pretty good feat in this chapter.

To be fair, he hasn't actually done a lot in the series.

He's done more than a lot of pages we already have, and i suppose he has some decent scaling.

Also damn this chapter

I already calculated his feat in the new chapter, so his profile can be made.

If someone is curious, I calculated his feat between 5 and 7 tons.

I need to recalculate the feat, I have found this statement: "His blue flames have been stated to be extremely hot and it is believed their temperature is higher than that of normal fire".

So the feat is going to be 8-B.

According to the wiki, the source is in the chapter 82.

For some reason, the results were actually lower than using the normal fire formula.

Maybe that is the more accurate result? 8-B Dabi would be weird when the Prominence Burn was calced lower than that.

Well, you would expect that using a hotter flame would give better results.

You remember the Gang Orca explosion entrance thing? How long do you think it will be before the anime covers it?

Back