• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #4

Mand21 said:
Shigaraki at least has a philosophy and thoughts. AFO seems like "pure evil", which is boring.
I guess I find him more interesting because of his past. And the past OFA users. There's like all of them preceeding All Might we know next to nothing about.

There's that. He has potential, but it needs to be explored and so far all we've seen is "he lives to annoy All Might and is evil"

Mand21 said:
There's that. He has potential, but it needs to be explored and so far all we've seen is "he lives to annoy All Might and is evil"
MHA needs a prequel manga exploring AFO's past and the past OFA users.

VersusJunkie54 said:
MHA needs a prequel manga exploring AFO's past and the past OFA users.
Definitely true, and I would love to read it. Would also be great to see and calculate the evolution of the power levels of the OFA users.

Like, who knows? Maybe AFO's brother was a shit tier fighter at the level of Base Deku or just slightly stronger. Like 9-A+ through 8-C. And then the next generation got the plus, the third got the "High", the fourth was Todoroki level and by the fifth you were starting to stretch the limits of what the present normal heroes can do, lol.

And the sixth could already, like, stretch the limits of what a normal quirk can do by having power superior to that of Todoroki's giant ice wall, and maybe Nana Shimura when she gained it was already nuclear tier and went higher on it through her life, and All Might was already high on nuclear tier when he got it and stretched it to the top as he closened to his prime. And now we have Izuku, who's guiding us towards tectonic tier MHA

Gargoyle One said:
Dziga said:
He wouldn't have lost the First Fight.
He didn't have regen the first fight IIRC
We don't even know what he had the first fight, period. It's another scene that I really do hope Horikoshi writes about, and not just some obscure memory we know exists.

I really think All For One has too many quirks to not know how to use any of them creatively. You know, All Might is just an overpowered, quite smart brawler. You can kill that guy with insect Poison.

(though that insect poison kinda killed a planet level being, so that's Skitter being on a whole different level and having external assist)

VersusJunkie54 said:
We don't even know what he had the first fight, period. It's another scene that I really do hope Horikoshi writes about, and not just some obscure memory we know exists.
All For One's doctor straight up says he wishes they found Super Regenerationn five years earlier. That way AFO wounds would've been completely healed.

Also I agree with the idea that we need to see Prime AFO and All Might. Would love to see how differently AFO would fight and what Quirks he would use.

If AFO broke out of prison, and stole Eri's quirk to revert himself to his Pre-Injury state, wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of him having Shigaraki as his successor? Though this likely won't happen.

AFO will have to get free at some point to transger AFO to Shigaraki

@VersusJunkie54 I don't think her quirk can work on herself.

Therefir said:
@VersusJunkie54 I don't think her quirk can work on herself.
She's never used it on herself. So we don't know if it couldn't be. But I suppose you're right, otherwise Eri could've just erased herself from existence.

Speaking of other things, I think base Chisaki should be upgraded to Building level+, he survived 100% shockwave with just an injured arm, and it does not look that serious.

Also, I don't think that Izuku has widened the crater too much, since it would imply that the mere 100% shockwave are City block level, and Chisaki survived that shockwave.

I guess it's possible if it sells well enough.

EDIT: @Therefir, the injury looks pretty serious to me. He's dripping blood from his head and his arm was broken enough that he had to use his power to fix it. Saying he just got away with an injured arm is misleading. I think he's better off at Building level.

Wouldn't an 8-B attack one-hit him as an 8-C, though? Unless that's a case of, like, "the attack was dissipated under a large area and was a single blow he seems to have partially parried with his arm so it's okay".

Chisaki was in from of Izuku, so I doubt that.

@Damage3245 Chisaki was in a much better condition compared to Rappa, and there is still the problem of the shockwave being 8-B, which is too much even for OFA 100%.

I agree with Therefir, besides it's consistant with Sir being able to one shot a Rappa clone. Also before you say it, Twice's clones are not weaker than the original.

Right here Twice literally states the sole difference between the original and the copy is stamina. If they were weaker, Twice wouldn't have said that stamina was the sole difference.

Nobody is saying the shockwave has to be 8-B.

In order to expand that crater the shockwave needs to be 8-B.

Therefir said:
In order to expand that crater the shockwave needs to be 8-B.
How so? You calculated the difference between the initial crater the crater after Deku expanded it?

I'd be interested in knowing just how much wider it became.

The shockwave wasn't even directed at Chisaki. It was directed at the ground.

Andytrenom said:
The shockwave wasn't even directed at Chisaki. It was directed at the ground.
Good point, if the shockwave was directed at Chisaki then Deku would have been blasted backwards, not up in the air.

The only assumption I can make is that Izuku's shockwave did half the work, or the crater wouldn't have widened at all.

> The shockwave wasn't even directed at Chisaki. It was directed at the ground.

But don't you said the crater was widened by Izuku? If that's the case the crater would have not been widened at all, Deku also said that his two legs were broken, so he actually sent a shockwave to Chisaki.

Damage3245 said:
Good point, if the shockwave was directed at Chisaki then Deku would have been blasted backwards, not up in the air.
If the shockwave was not directed at Chisaki, then the crater could not have been widened.

> But don't you said the crater was widened by Izuku? If that's the case the crater would have not been widened at all

What makes you say that?

> Deku also said that his two legs were broken, so he actually sent a shockwave to Chisaki.

That does not mean that. I don't see how you connect his legs being broken (which happens when he uses 100%) to he must have aimed it at Chisaki.

> The only assumption I can make is that Izuku's shockwave did half the work, or the crater wouldn't have widened at all.

That doesn't make any sense. It doesn't have to be a 50/50 split betwee Deku and Team Ryuku.

> What makes you say that?

If the shockwave was directed to the ground, then the crater that is above Deku could not have been widened.

> That does not mean that. I don't see how you connect his legs being broken (which happens when he uses 100%) to he must have aimed it at Chisaki.

He was about to kick Chisaki. Also, when he use 100% on one arm, the other arm doesn't magically break.

> That doesn't make any sense. It doesn't have to be a 50/50 split betwee Deku and Team Ryuku.

If I don't assume that, then Rikiya have 44 tons in durability, so Monster Chisaki and 100% Izuku can scale from that.

> He was about to kick Chisaki.

Yes, however he clearly didn't manage to hit Chisaki.

The shockwave went off before he did, causing him to be launched upwards into the air.

If the shockwave happened when he kicked Chisaki, then he would be been backwards & downwards. Not up.

The crater can still be widened by the effects of the shockwave going off; it causes a lot of damage around the room and the wind pressure has to escape the room in only two ways; through the corridor they entered and through the crater.

It does look like Izuku was kicking Chisaki not the ground.

See? He's drawing his leg back and he kicks, I think the movment of his leg sent him flying upwards. Think of it like a person swinging a chain and the chain pulls them along.

I think that's what's happening here.

Yes, he obviously wanted to kick Chisaki. But clearly he didn't; he also didn't intend for the shockwave to send him flying judging by his surprise.

The shockwave went off before he could fully execute the kick.

@Damage3245 If the shockwave went before he could fully execute the kick then this panel should not exist, this was just before he goes flying to the surface.

Yes, that was right before he disappears and he hadn't finished the motion of kicking there. That's showing his leg in motion which is necessary for the shockwave to happen at all.

EDIT: I wonder if Worm vs MHA would make for some good match-ups. Obviously not the high-tier Worm characters.

@Gargoyle One All Might vs Meruem comfirmed.

@Damage3245 The next year we will know what really happened, but what we do with my calc of the crater?

I'm not sure. Maybe hold on to the calc until the anime provides further clarification? From what I can see the crater does get wider, and Chisaki isn't directly hit by the shockwave at close range (and got pretty wrecked by it), so I'm not sure.

Also, Chisaki currently has his ratings set to At least Building level.

I'm not sure why we can't just put him to Building level then upgrade him later when the time comes. Or just leave him at his current rating.

Can't you calc the hole from the shots we see before he jumps through? Or is that impossible?

Back