• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #4

Well I can try to find the length of Rikiya's body, the crater was made with his body after all.

Has he no control over his power? Does he even still have a dick? ...

Don't act like you don't, you know perfectly what I mean by this.

His power only works if all of his fingers contact something iirc. So he just has to be careful when doing those activities.

Like, very careful, amirite? :v It would still probably be easier to just learn to turn it off.

How didn't he kill his parents as a child?

Imagine if when Shigaraki gets AFO, he is able to use a quirk that can create multiple hands, and something like Kurogiri's warp gate, so he could decay something from a long distance.

It's a little funny how you're okay with calcing Bakugo's explosions based on size when it comes to these examples but not others.

Anyway, I'll take these additional calcs into account when I update my post examining Bakugo's explosions.

EDIT; Does anyone know if the Howitzer Impact has an existing calc?

Well, now I think that we should not scale anyone to Bakugou, mostly because his explosions are really inconsistent, sometimes a small explosion or even his punches can hurt characters like Deku 5%, but other times weaker characters like Tokoyami and Uraraka can withstand larger explosions, so I suggest we should scale them from the explosions they endured, and not from Bakugou himself.

I think the inconsistency may arise from other sources.

I'm still continuing my reread of the series and comparing what I find to the profiles as they're currently written to try and find the inconsistencies. I'll create more posts over big issues as I gather the evidence.

EDIT; I'm making some progress though; it looks like you agree with me that not every character that takes a Bakugo explosion has to be 8-C.

But it is really necessary? We can just scale almost everyone from Tokoyami.

No, because I don't believe in scaling everyone off of one person for no good reason.

If you you want to say "Yuga Aoyama scales to Tokoyami's durability" then there has to be a reason for it. Both of them being students, or heroes-in-training is not justification.

It's like trying to say Endeavor, Edge Shot and Tiger should all have comparable durability because they're all Pro Heroes.

This is where a ton of the problems for the MHA profiles came from and some of them still have this problem.

So yeah, I think it's necessary to keep looking through the series to point out inconsistency.

I'm not saying that characters like Aoyama should scale from Tokoyami, but Tokoyami was never depicted as a physically strong character without his quirk.

Also the feat is consistent with Shinso slightly hurting Izuku.

> It's like trying to say Endeavor, Edge Shot and Tiger should all have comparable durability because they're all Pro Heroes.

Compare Tokoyami with Endeavor doesn't make sense, Endeavor is seen as being vastly stronger than anyone else while Tokoyami is depicted as being strong only with his quirk

Shinso slightly hurting Izuku is not a strong justification for Shinso to be Small Building level.

Izuku is a lot less durable at the point of the U.A. Sports Festival Arc; the amount of damage he took during the Battle Trial Arc shows that. Shinso giving Izuku a punch to the face is something I could accept maybe being Street level at best. But it's really not an impressive feat.

EDIT; It's also possible in that final explosion Bakugo used on Tokoyami that Dark Shadow took the brunt of the explosion. So Tokoyami doesn't necessarily have 9-A+ durability from it.

> It's also possible in that final explosion Bakugo used on Tokoyami that Dark Shadow took the brunt of the explosion. So Tokoyami doesn't necessarily have 9-A+ durability from it.

I knew you're gonna said that, unfortunately the anime showed how Dark Shadow don't even moved from the place, its exactly like in the panel from the manga. There is also the fact that Tokoyami was unharmed before the explosion.

> Izuku is a lot less durable at the point of the U.A. Sports Festival Arc; the amount of damage he took during the Battle Trial Arc shows that. Shinso giving Izuku a punch to the face is something I could accept maybe being Street level at best. But it's really not an impressive feat.

You're just ignoring the scaling, and even super fodders like Hatsume can casually withstand explosions with millions of joules of energy.

I'm not saying Tokoyami wasn't hit by the explosion at all, just that he didn't take all of it. The manga at least shows Dark Shadow trying to move into place. Also, it may just be me but the scaling of that explosion looks a little off. The arrow looks a bit too long for it.

Anyway, Tokoyami being 9-A or 9-A+ doesn't break the scaling yet. But it does make me more confident in Todoroki being likely to be 9-A or 9-A+.

I'm not ignoring the scaling; saying Hatsume can take an explosion of a certain level means nothing unless you have proof that Izuku during the Battle Trial was more durable than her? The term 'Super Fodder' is irrelevant. It has no bearing on the scaling whether or not Hatsume isn't a hero-in-training or a skilled fighter.

> I'm not saying Tokoyami wasn't hit by the explosion at all, just that he didn't take all of it. The manga at least shows Dark Shadow trying to move into place. Also, it may just be me but the scaling of that explosion looks a little off. The arrow looks a bit too long for it.

You said it yourself, he tried it, but Dark Shadow can not move faster than an explosion, and the anime still contradicts your theory. Also the calc was already accepted.

> Anyway, Tokoyami being 9-A or 9-A+ doesn't break the scaling yet. But it does make me more confident in Todoroki being likely to be 9-A or 9-A+.

Todoroki is much stronger than Tokoyami, and he can withstand a 5% punch from Izuku and a kick in the head from Iida using Recipro Burst, why you keep bringing this?

> I'm not ignoring the scaling; saying Hatsume can take an explosion of a certain level means nothing unless you have proof that Izuku during the Battle Trial was more durable than her? The term 'Super Fodder' is irrelevant. It has no bearing on the scaling whether or not Hatsume isn't a hero-in-training or a skilled fighter.

We already discussed this, Hatsume is from the support department, and they do not receive any training unlike the students from the hero department. She is just a normal but very intelligent human in the world of MHA.

Also, Deku fought against Stain a few days later after the tournament arc.

> Todoroki is stronger than Tokoyami, and he can withstand a 5% punch from Izuku and a kick to the head from Iida using Recipro Burst, why you keep bringing this?

Because if both of those attacks aren't 8-C either, which I don't think they were, then there's no reason for me not to bring it up.

Currently all of these issues are resting on Stain being 8-C from not being killed by Todoroki's fire blast. If Todoroki's fire blast against Stain wasn't 8-C, then a lot of the scaling issues would be fixed.

So once again I'll make another post later examining Stain's feats & durability, and hopefully this will fix most of the issues.

I know you currently believe Todoroki's fire blast against Stain is 8-C, but can you consider the possibility that it isn't and examine for yourself how that would impact the scaling? What flaws would happen if it wasn't 8-C?

> Because if both of those attacks aren't 8-C either, which I don't think they were, then there's no reason for me not to bring it up. Currently all of these issues are resting on Stain being 8-C from not being killed by Todoroki's fire blast. If Todoroki's fire blast against Stain wasn't 8-C, then a lot of the scaling issues would be fixed.

We already had a large discussion about Stain, and several people agreed with me, so unless you can bring something new, you're wasting your time.

> I know you currently believe Todoroki's fire blast against Stain is 8-C, but can you consider the possibility that it isn't and examine for yourself how that would impact the scaling? What flaws would happen if it wasn't 8-C?

Do you want to know why I do not consider that possibility? Because there are already seven calculations that give 9-A+/8-C results, the feats are extremely consistent.

Other verses can scale from a single feat despite not having any other feat on that level, and no one complains, but when it comes to My Hero Academia, we can't even scale the characters from ******* fodders without being questioned by you.

We've had a discussion about Stain, yes, I'll bring it up again later once I've made a cohesive scaling system.

> Do you want to know why I do not consider that possibility? Because there are seven other calculations that give 9-A+/8-C results, the feats are extremely consistent.

So you're not even willing to consider the possibility. I've got my work cut out for me then.

> Other verses can scale from a single feat despite not having any other feat on that level, and no one complains, but when it comes to My Hero Academia, we can't even scale the characters from ******* fodders without being questioned by you.

I care about My Hero Academia. I don't really care about a lot of other verses. I don't see why that's a problem.

Therefir, do you agree that breaking through Kousei Tsuburaba's barriers doesn't really belong on Bakugo's profile? Kousei's barriers don't have any feats to warrant them being important enough to mention.

> We've had a discussion about Stain, yes, I'll bring it up again later once I've made a cohesive scaling system.

Okay, let's stop the discussion until you finish that.

> So you're not even willing to consider the possibility. I've got my work cut out for me then.

I don't know what you want from me, that is what makes sense to me.

> I care about My Hero Academia. I don't really care about a lot of other verses. I don't see why that's a problem.

Nah, there's no problem, it's just that I've never seen someone questioning the scaling soo much. Keep in mind that I'm not insulting you or anything.

Also, I don't know anyone here who loves My Hero Academy more than me, and I lost the count of how many calcs I've done for this verse.

Damage3245 said:
Therefir, do you agree that breaking through Kousei Tsuburaba's barriers doesn't really belong on Bakugo's profile? Kousei's barriers don't have any feats to warrant them being important enough to mention.
I agree with that.

Fair enough. The reason I'm questioning it so much is because I want it to make as much sense to me as it is to you currently.

My percpetions of the characters and their relative strength levels are a bit different to yours, and this is why I'm doing my reread of the series; to gather evidence showing why me perception of the characters is the way that it is.

EDIT: I also think Kyoka Jiro should be 9-B+ with her Earphone Jacks (without Amplifiers). Her feat of breaking a boulder during the Final Exams Arc is Wall Level+, not Small Building level+.

The low-end of Jiro's calc seems more correct in my opinion, but you still need the evaluation of a calc group member.

Also, didn't she canceled the sound of Present Mic's quirk?

I just changed the keys from 5% to 8% | 20% to 5% | 8% to 20%.

About 20% being High 8-C, Deku stated he could one-shot Fusion Chisaki, who is superior to both Rappa and Tengai, who have 1.81 tons in durability.

Idk about u guys but the difference of power between 8% and 20% is big (ex: 5% Deku vs Bakugou then 8% catching Bakugou almost unguarded) so them both being 8-C is kinda...wrong

I know there's currently powerscaling that puts Deku's 5% at Building level but here's something interesting:

There's a calc made by Therefir that puts his 8% kick (with Iron Soles) at Small Building level+.

The Iron Soles (as noted by Deku and on his profile) almost double his kicking power.

So when Deku hit Bakugo with his first 8% kick, it would have been weaker than the kick that was calced to be Small Building level+.

Not sure how this fits into the grand scheme of things, but it's something I noticed when looking through the calcs.

Well, I don't think I've seen a calc before for his 5%. Right now its rating is derived from scaling.

Which is part of the reason why I don't like the current rating.

Yeah, it's what I'll include in my list of suggested changes when I get around to finishing it by this weekend.

Whilst I'm in the middle of pruning through the existing profiles:

"Should be superior to Kyoka Jiro with her amplifiers"

I think we should remove this justification from Izuku's 5% section. There isn't really any basis to a punch from 5% Izuku being superior to Kyoka's amplified Heartbeat Fuzz super move.

Back