• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #3

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Damage what the hell is it with you and trying to make these characters as weak as possible? I mean, shit, like 75% of what you say in these threads consists of "X shouldn't scale from Y," "Is this character really that strong?" "This person needs to be downgraded," etc etc.
Calm down...no I hate that advice. You just do whatever you need to release your frustration but please try not be too agressve here.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Damage what the hell is it with you and trying to make these characters as weak as possible? I mean, shit, like 75% of what you say in these threads consists of "X shouldn't scale from Y," "Is this character really that strong?" "This person needs to be downgraded," etc etc.
Somebody has to be the Devil's advocate, otherwise you wind up in a circlejerk with everyone trying to make the characters as strong as possible without listening to counter-arguments...

Speaking of making everyone as weak as possible....I believe that Endeavor shouldn't scale to 100% Izuku's lifting strength.

I think Pixie-Bob's attack should be calced since this would scale to all of the students. I was told it was calc at 8-C but I can't find any calc and I think it's pretty important.

The entire class took this attack so yes it would scale to every Class 1-A student and those comaparable.

@Poin I already brought up that attack before and the students scaling was rejected.

Poinciana1971 said:
I think Pixie-Bob's attack should be calced since this would scale to all of the students. I was told it was calc at 8-C but I can't find any calc and I think it's pretty important.
The entire class took this attack so yes it would scale to every Class 1-A student and those comaparable.
Once again I disagree with this.

This is not an attack; this is Pixie-Bob pushing them down to the Beast's Forest. The teachers/pro heroes taking care of them aren't going to recklessly endanger the kids too much to the point of seriously injuring them without medical staff around.

And... that literally means nothing. The attack didn't hurt them because they're strong enough to handle. Most of Class 1-A scale to attacks just as strong as that. (Depending on what it's calced at)

Why are you assuming the attack would seriously injury them?

I've been told it's 8-C but I can't find the calc, the only reason I can accept this being rejected if it was calced at High 8-C or something because that would make it a outlier.

Or the 'attack' didn't hurt them because it wasn't an attack. She just pushed them down.

Also, each student is only in contact with a fraction of the ground she's moving so how much force is each one of them having acted on them individually? Even if the actual feat is Building level, the amount they're being hit by may be far less than the total.

Shadowbokunohero said:
doesnt matter if ability was an attack or not, if you tank the energy it produces you scale
Even if you're hit by a fraction of an attack, you're still treated as having tanked the whole thing?

How is it a fraction, it looks like they're being hit by the actually attack. Where do you see them not being hit by it fully?

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. I don't quite know how to explain this but I'll try my best.

The Building level rating comes from moving the entire mound of earth, right? So for someone to tank that energy, they would presumably need to be hit by the majority / most of that mound, right? The energy of the attack is throughout the entire wave of earth, so it's not 20 Building level attacks hitting 20 students, but rather a Building level attack spread out in a large wave and hitting 20 students. Each student is not individually recieving the full energy of the attack.

Again, sorry if I'm not being clear but I can't think of a better way of explaining it right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Your assuming that the force is coming from wave itself and not the wave forming.

Pixe-Bob used her Quirk to make the ground rise up almost instantly. I'm positive what needs to be calc is the force needed to raise the ground like that.

The students should scale to that since that's what made them fly, notice how Izuku and Tokoyami aren't riding it but were pushed away from the wave?

Pixie-Bob appeared right in front of them so the wave was even formed right in their faces. So even if the wave itself is 8-C they would still scale for being hit by it before it got big in the first place.

Edit: Just looked back, Pixie-Bob did not jump in front of them.

One more note though; Inasa has very powerful winds that he can control but when he's carrying people with it he has such a fine control over it that the people he's "hitting" with his wind are being gently lifted and carried to safety.

I think it's more or less the same thing here; even if Pixie-Bob has an impressive feat in lifting and moving the ground, I think that because she is simply trying to move them from place to place that she is not directly harming them with her earth wave. So I don't think this should count as a durability feat for the students.

That doesn't mean anything. It doesn't matter what Pixie-Bob's intentions because she still raised the ground up right from underneath their feet and that requires the students surviving that.

Nothing states that Pixie-Bob can somehow ignore physics.

Someone needs to calc how much energy is required to raise the ground like that.

Pixie-Bob's attack also clearly hurt them so saying she wasn't trying to hurt them means nothing.

Poinciana1971 said:
That doesn't mean anything. It doesn't matter what Pixie-Bob's intentions because she still raised the ground up right from underneath their feet and that requires the students surviving that.
Nothing states that Pixie-Bob can somehow ignore physics.

Someone needs to calc how much energy is required to raise the ground like that.

Pixie-Bob's attack also clearly hurt them so saying she wasn't trying to hurt them means nothing.
Are you kidding? Almost all of these Quirks are physics-breaking; let's not try to use realism as a super serious argument when Momo can conjure up an entire cannon out of her fat cells.

It's clear I can't convince you and you aren't convincing me. So how about we put it to a vote?

What does everyone else think, can the students scale to Pixie-Bob's attack? (Whatever it's rating would be)

Here and Here

If the majority disagrees with me I'll drop this.

Let's just drop the issue for now and wait until a calc is produced.

BlackeJan said:
So....is All Might getting an downgrade or staying the same?
Depends. Was the new calc accepted?

EDIT: It appears the new calc was not accepted.

Someone tell me again why All Might's chapter 1 Detroit Smash is not considered an outlier?

Shadowbokunohero said:
same reason i feel that Todoroki's 8-A might be an outlier
There's no reason Todoroki's feat is a outlier when it scales to no one period. Not only that but Todoroki has more than one 8-A and some 8-B feats with his ice.

There's no reason Todoroki's feat is 'a outlier' when it scales to no one period.

thats not how outliers work

Not only that but Todoroki has more than one 8-A

i mean yeah but have they all be calced at 8-A ?

I feel like when scaling characters we should put more emphasis on context and good powerscaling over statements and uncalced feats

Shadowbokunohero said:
I feel like when scaling characters should put more emphasis on context and good powerscaling over statements and uncalled feats
Thank you! This is what I've been saying all along.

as much as I love MHA

I think some stuff we are giving far too much leeway while other stuff we are unintentionally downplaying for the sake of making everything consistent when it's hard to do so in a shonen series.

Shadowbokunohero said:
as much as I love MHA
I think some stuff we are giving far too much leeway while other stuff we are unintentionally downplaying for the sake of making everything consistent when it's hard to do so in a shonen series.
What's do you mean?

i mean i could name a few things but i really dont want to be that guy thats seen as the hater or the wanker

Shadowbokunohero said:
i mean i could name a few things but i really dont want to be that guy thats seen as the hater or the wanker
I think you should, it seems like it could be a real problem and leaving things inaccurate shouldn't be accepted here.

It's not like anyone will actually think that about you. (I know I won't)

Back