• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #3

oh bruh know i remember Mei is the one i truly ship with Deku not toga lmao. Mei actually feels like she could be better and for some reason i just got a feeling she will get her shine on in a future arc. I feel like she will personally make it her job to make equipment for Deku tbh

While I find both Shouto and Momo extremely beautiful and thus having them as a couple would be a pretty hot couple, I don't really ship anyone in the series because no one has that chemistry.

Maybe Ejirou and acid girl? Even so, they're really a lot more like friends.

like i really like her i dont know why but she just has a firm grip on what she wants to be and doesnt care how she looks as long as she gets the job complete and the hero likes their equipment

If she were just more developed than a barely two-dimensional "Oh I'm a mechanics nerd" girl, she'd indeed be a great character. I think the writer would do a great job if he tried something like building up to Shouto and Momo's relationship slowly by starting with them becoming friends, clearly hanging out with each other, chatting, becoming closer and then intimate and suddenly the emotional support they provide each other develops into a romantic relationship.

Like, you know, Uraraka and Deku could be if they hadn't already gone down the route of "we're too shy teens but we have uncontrollable hormones" ><

@Mand21

You do need to remember that romance is a much more sensitive topic in actual Japanese culture. Boys and girls are considered to be more shy in Japan than in another cultures.

That anime trope isn't there for nothing.

Currently the only romance I want to see in the series would be with gentle and la brava, given their relationship and love being a big part of Manami's character.

> Her AP should be somewhat comparable to her durability.

Since when was this used as a justification profiles?

we do actually quite a bit

doesnt matter she should be 9-B from scaling from shinso anyway

Right, scaling from a character she's never fought, or been compared to... Or has any other reason to scale other than 'they both exist'.

I feel like your completely ignoring how some scaling works.

She has a Wall level+ durability feat

Shinso is outright stated to be an extremely weak individual Physically and most relevant characters have been shown to around wall level, her not scaling is ridiculous, not every scaling works like A has to have fought B and context for the verse as a large also matters

He's not been stated to be an extremely weak individual. He just did not have good enough scores during the practical exams to get into the hero course. So all we can really say based on what Aizawa said is that Shinso scored lower than Izuku. No refernece to Mei there.

And I was not disputing the durability rating.

Uraraka being 9-B+ from scaling to Shinsho would make sense.....if he wasn't 9-B+ from scaling to Uraraka.

Andytrenom said:
Uraraka being 9-B+ from scaling to Shinsho would make sense.....if he wasn't 9-B+ from scaling to Uraraka.
I can't believe it's still on his profile that he 'should be able to hurt her'. Hypothetical situations aren't solid justifications.

Andytrenom said:
he should be 9-B scaling from damaging izuku o_O

I still find that laughable too since all he did was punch him in the face before being literally shoved & shoulder-thrown out of the ring. Izuku at that point is pretty much at his weakest in the series, not using his Quirk at all, and taking just a punch straight to the face.

I really find it hard to picture Shinso as Wall level from that 'feat'.

to be fair thats the same Izuku that survived casual blasts from Bakugo and the shockwave from his clash with todoroki

all he did was punch him in the face

and izuku took damage

he scales to what Izuku was at that point

Shadowbokunohero said:
to be fair thats the same Izuku that survived casual blasts from Bakugo and the shockwave from his clash with todoroki
The clash that was mostly absorbed by the multiple concrete walls, and the casual blasts that haven't been calced?

Yeah, I get what you mean but it feels pretty forced to use Shinso punching Izuku as an excuse to have everybody in the verse be at least 9-B.

And Izuku is only rated 8-C for his current self. Earlier in the series he was weaker.

^^^^ I agree with the last part

there's no way Shinso is 8-C

the Izuku I'm talking about is should be likely 9-A or 9-B

and the casual blasts that haven't been calced?

they were caled at 9-B+

also why is Izuku 9-A for being stronger than Shinso o_O thats not how scaling works

Shadowbokunohero said:
also why is Izuku 9-A for being stronger than Shinso o_O thats not how scaling works
Because profiles were updated by someone without taking that into consideration.

I think Izuku during the Sports Fest was most likely 9-C. I can see Shinso being 9-C for (very slightly) hurting Deku.

Andytrenom said:
Izuku was 9-B in the sports festival.
Fair enough. Someone that is 9-C can hurt someone that's 9-B, can't they? Especially if the damage isn't significant?

Andytrenom said:
Izuku was 9-B in AP, his durability will still be 8-C.
Why would his durability be 8-C during the Sports Fest?

Shadowbokunohero said:
scaling and calcs are not lining up
What would be a great is a complete respect thread of the series listing feats & calcs and how they affect the scaling.

Shadowbokunohero said:
Ochako needs to be 8-C then o_O
Let's not jump ahead of ourselves here. Izuku was not 8-C during the Sports Fest. Shinso is not 8-C. Uraraka is not 8-C.

Bakugo is 8-C for keeping up with 8 percent Izuku

Ochako is 9-B for surviving blasts from Katsuki.. which are wall level now? (why would his striking strength be>his explosions)

Izuku is also 8-C for taking blows from Bakugo

Damage3245 said:
Shadowbokunohero said:
Ochako needs to be 8-C then o_O
Let's not jump ahead of ourselves here. Izuku was not 8-C during the Sports Fest. Shinso is not 8-C. Uraraka is not 8-C.
im making a point how our scaling isnt work right

Shadowbokunohero said:
Bakugo is 8-C for keeping up with 8 percent Izuku
Ochako is 9-B for surviving blasts from Katsuki.. which are wall level now? (why would his striking strength be>his explosions)

Izuku is also 8-C for taking blows from Bakugo
Bakugo's explosions vary in potency & size.

Back