• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: Light speed bullets???

I want to start this off by saying hear me out.

Preface: My goal here is to convince anyone that may see this that Lady Nagant's bullets deserve an upgrade from their current speed ranking of Relativistic+

All Might is light speed

I'll keep this as brief as I can, All Might, during his prime, was revered as the top hero on the planet for several decades. Not many could hope to physically perform on the scale All Might was consistently capable of. Since quirks are physical abilities, it is highly likely that characters should scale to the speeds of the attacks they can pull off with their quirks. For example, Kaminari is regarded as being very quick and his quirk produces legitimate lightning. Many kids and even pro heroes with all kinds of quirks look up to him as their champion, more physically capable than anyone. Since physics and anatomy play a large role in My Hero's power system, it is highly unlikely that any quirks exist that are faster than light. I believe that All Might's speed be equal to Light speed quirks such as Shigaraki's Radio Waves, that Star and Stripe was able to dodge at close range despite (admittedly) not being on the level All Might was in his prime.

How this relates to Lady Nagant

During her fight with Deku, she is capable of keeping him on his toes (or air ig) as the bullets she fired were so fast and so precise that he was having trouble avoiding them, even from hundreds of meters away. Deku's speed at this point is reasonably comparable to that of Prime All Might's. Deku at 45% physically compares to Near Complete Shigaraki, whose speed Best Jeanist compared to All Might's in his prime. With this being said, someone as fast as All Might was barely able to avoid being tagged by Nagant's deadly bullets, even with Danger Sense's precognition. Deku only began outspeeding Nagant when he started using multiple quirks in unison, and he only gets faster with Gearshift.

Faux 100%

Deku uses Black Whip and Fa Jin in quick succession in order to slingshot himself towards Chisaki, jumping in front of the bullet to save him. Deku severely out raced this bullet, as it appeared just as frozen as the surrounding raindrops. (0:14).
maxresdefault.jpg

What I want

I am proposing a Light Speed upgrade for Lady Nagant's charged sniper shots and a possible recalc of Deku's Faux 100% from the anime factoring this new bullet speed.

Please let me hear any thoughts or feedback you might have.

Lady Nagant's bullets are already Relativistic+. That's already fast enough to pressure someone who is Speed of Light. I disagree with the points brought up in the OP.

First off, no, you would have to prove that Star is straight up light speed for dodging the radio waves. We have calculated that feat and she is relativistic+ for it. So the logic of Prime All Might having a minimum speed based off of that is incorrect.

All the things about physics doesn’t mean anything. Quirks break the laws of physics regularly such as Navel Laser so it isn’t much of a point at all. The power of a quirk can be higher than the power of the individual, and Kaminari does not shoot lightning but electricity.

75% Shigaraki was never compared to Prime All Might, only to other Nomu and a vague scale of All Might. He was not EXPLICITLY Prime All Might level until the Final War, where he claims to be comparable. So 45% does not scale to Prime All Might in any way. Only his Faux 100% does, which blitzed Nagant’s fastest possible bullet.

Disagree, I feel you should revisit some of the chapters. Your wires are getting a bit crossed on what characters have said and when.

First off, no, you would have to prove that Star is straight up light speed for dodging the radio waves. We have calculated that feat and she is relativistic+ for it. So the logic of Prime All Might having a minimum speed based off of that is incorrect.

All the things about physics doesn’t mean anything. Quirks break the laws of physics regularly such as Navel Laser so it isn’t much of a point at all. The power of a quirk can be higher than the power of the individual, and Kaminari does not shoot lightning but electricity.

75% Shigaraki was never compared to Prime All Might, only to other Nomu and a vague scale of All Might. He was not EXPLICITLY Prime All Might level until the Final War, where he claims to be comparable. So 45% does not scale to Prime All Might in any way. Only his Faux 100% does, which blitzed Nagant’s fastest possible bullet.

Disagree, I feel you should revisit some of the chapters. Your wires are getting a bit crossed on what characters have said and when.
Fair enough

Back