• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Revisions Discussion

Why am I going to waste my time calculating an explosion that is barely 9-B in size?

I didn't answer before because I didn't see your edit.

Because maybe it's indicating that the explosion he used was nowhere near as powerful as 8-C, and therefore it should not be treated as such?

And therefore Tomura does not deserve 8-C durability based on that?

I do agree with Poinciana1971 that Tomura's AP should be Unknown as well.

That only shows that Bakugou's smaller explosions have much more AP than a normal one. An explosion of that size shouldn't be able to harm Tomura.

Did it harm Tomura? From the looks of it his hand-mask flew off his face and he stepped back... but he appears unharmed. He doesn't even say a word or give an exclamation of pain.

Damage3245 said:
Did it harm Tomura? From the looks of it his hand-mask flew off his face and he stepped back... but he appears unharmed. He doesn't even say a word or give an exclamation of pain.
He has some marks on his chest.

When Stain stabbed him, he was laughing.

Poinciana1971 said:
Tomura was able to choke Izuku with one hand, wouldn't that be something he can scale to?
At best that scales him to Small Building level (which is what I was suggesting he be put to) but that's still not a great feat. Also, I thought you wanted him to be put to Unknown?

>He has some marks on his chest.

So very superficial damage.

> So very superficial damage.

"Sigh" just put him in Unknown until he demonstrates better feats, I'm sure he will.

Unknown is probably for the best since Tomura hasn't really done much yet. It's only a matter of time till he does something considering he'll be fighting Izuku one day.

So then, the remaining suggestions:

• Downgrade Stain to 9-A+ (Harmed students using bladed weapons only and only lasted so long due to his Quirk paralyzing some of them. He took only a small portion of Todorki's attack and he was out of the fight after it.)
  • Downgrade Iida to 9-A+ (Only harmed Stain using Recipro Burst + Recipro Extend)
  • Downgrade Aizawa to 9-A+ (Lack of concrete feats; comparable to Stain)

Poinciana1971 said:
Where are you getting 9-A+ from?
I'm just curious.
Izuku's rating for the Vs. Hero Killer Arc using Full Cowl is 9-A+. So Stain scales to that for taking multiple hits from him in that form.

And since Todoroki's current durability rating is 8-C then Stain being able to harm him while being 9-A+ is consistent.

Right now the justification is for hurting Stain (circular reasoning) and being comparable to Jiro.

However I think we should try looking for better justification for that to be honest. If Iida or Izuku's 5% Full Cowl gets calcs of their own, that would help clarify the matter.

Sorry for being so annoying.

Just trying to let you know that not everyone needs to scale to their own feats, scaling is a thing. Jiro's calc was just updated and was stated to be alright.

So if Izuku is scaled to Jiro then he will be 8-C not 9-A+. Izuku doesn't have any feats for Full Cowling to my knowledge, he just isn't the type to throw out a big attack.

Poinciana1971 said:
Sorry for being so annoying.
Just trying to let you know that not everyone needs to scale to their own feats, scaling is a thing. Jiro's calc was just updated and was stated to be alright.

So if Izuku is scaled to Jiro then he will be 8-C not 9-A+. Izuku doesn't have any feats for Full Cowling to my knowledge, he just isn't the type to throw out a big attack.
I think it's fair to scale 8% Full Cowl to Jiro's Super Move at least. As I said, the current reasoning for Deku's profile is scaling his 5% Full Cowl to her attack but there isn't much reason behind that.

And while not everyone requires their own feats & calcs, it would be helpful.

"Iida and Izuku were both likely 9-A+ and Stain being hit by Todoroki's fire blast has numerous reasons for not being 8-C. So Stain would be 9-A+."

@Damage I don't think anyone other than you actually agreed with the fire blast being below 8-C.

Andytrenom said:
"Iida and Izuku were both likely 9-A+ and Stain being hit by Todoroki's fire blast has numerous reasons for not being 8-C. So Stain would be 9-A+."
@Damage I don't think anyone other than you actually agreed with the fire blast being below 8-C.
That may be the case, but I also explained that Stain was hit by a small portion of the fire attack and it was enough to help take him out of the fight while burning his face.

@Damage If it's not too much trouble, can you give a scan of Stain taking the fire attack?

Wait... why does that matter? I'm just now realizing this but who care that it hit him in the head, you head isn't less durable than the rest of your body.

Actually what's being argued here again?

Poinciana1971 said:
Wait... why does that matter? I'm just now realizing this but who care that it hit him in the head, you head isn't less durable than the rest of your body.
Actually what's being argued here again?
If it helps, I will create a blog post later today detailing my list of reasons so I can present them clearly to everyone, okay?

I have left a response in the comments section of your blog.

PD: Too late to edit.

Therefir said:
I have left a counter argument in the comments of your blog.
Thank you, I put a comment on there but I'll repeat here that I'll respond to it as soon as I get out of work.

@Therefir It will be more convenient for others if you post your arguments in the thread only.

Yeah, I don't mind continuing here if that's what people want but we'd be posting pretty large posts back and forth.

> The majority of Stain's off-screen attacks are against completely unknown heroes who could vary in strength and durability. This is not reasonable justification for his AP.

I agree with this point, we don't know the power of those pro heroes, although using it as a supporting should be fine.

> Izuku only ever received a scratch or shallow cut from Stain's attacks which is not good justification for his AP.

First, Stain was not trying to kill Deku, since he acknowledge him as a true hero who deserves to be saved, Stain only cut him a little to incapacitate him, Stain stated that if they were alone, he could kill them easily. Also, Stain hurt Deku with an elbow in the back.

> Stain managed to harm Iida with throwing knives to the arm; but Iida is not implied to have Building level durability at this point. There is no reason to scale Iida's durability from the Vs. Hero Killer Arc to Yo Shindo's durability.

If Stain have Building level durability scaling from Todoroki's fire, then Iida also scales because he broke Stain's ribs. Also, I have to say that Iida's arm was permanently injured by Stain, and not only that but Stain physically overpowered Iida with one kick, and called him weak.

> Todoroki received a scratch from one of Stain's attacks and got hit in the arm with throwing knives by another which is not good justification for his AP. 9-A+ characters can harm an 8-C character; especially with bladed weapons.

Todoroki only has a scratch because he barely managed to dodge the knife, but if he couldn't, he would be stabbed in the face. Also I'm not buying your explanation about bladed weapons, we scale characters to the people that they can hurt even if they were using sharp weapons, and Todoroki is not baseline 8-C anyways.

> Todoroki's ice is not implied to be any harder than regular ice, and though Stain chopping through blocks of ice is pretty cool, this is not a Building level feat.

Todoroki's ice is stronger than Jiro's quirk by scaling, so cutting it is actually a Building level feat.

> While it may make sense logically for Stain to be stronger at lifting than Kirishima, there is no justification for this taken from the manga itself. As it is now, the justification looks like an opinion rather than something we could deduce by comparing feats or calcs.

Like I said in "Harming Iida" point, Stain overpowered Iida with one kick, and called him weak. He also overpowered Deku with one hand after he saves him.

> Izuku managed to harm Stain while using his 5% Full Cowl. Izuku's 5% Full Cowl has no Building level feats or calcs, and there is no given reason why he should scale to Kyoka Jiro using her amplifiers in a later arc. There is nothing broken in the scaling of the series by his 5% Full Cowl output being weaker than her Quirk with her amplifiers.

It doesn't matter if she was using an amplifier, Deku was already stronger than her since he scales from Todoroki's casual fire.

> Tenya Iida managed to harm Stain while using Recipro Burst and Recipro Extend. There are no calcs supporting Tenya's AP in this form to be Building level and there is no given reason why he should scale to Kyoka Jiro using her amplifiers in a later arc. None of his feats compare to hers.

Iida's Recipro Burst/Extend should be stronger than Jiro's amplifiers, since he is using an amplifier/especial technique too, also Iida managed to harm Todoroki in the head in the sports festival, so his Recipro Burst scale. Also I don't think you can understand the meaning of scaling, Iida doesn't need Building level feats, he only have to harm people with Building level durability.

> Stain only caught a portion of a small fire attack from Todoroki. He way immediately taken out of the fight following this and being kicked in the ribs by Iida. That is far from 'withstanding' the whole attack as his profile describes.

The size of the attack doesn't matter because Todoroki's casual fire doesn't have any size in the first place, he wasn't attacking someone, therefore if he actually uses the flames, regardless of the size, they should be already stronger than his casual fire which doesn't have any size, and his casual fire was calculated at least 0.40 tons.

> The calc for Todoroki's fire usage is flawed; aside from the very beginning of the melting process, the feat is offscreen over an unknown period of time.

Sorry but you are making way more assumpsions than me, first even if the feat was offscreen, it doesn't mean it couldn't be calced, I can just use the excuse that people wouldn't wait an entire hour for the stadium to be clean, the whole festival would be cancelled if Todoroki wouldn't be able to vape the ice.

Not only that, we don't know if Todoroki alone is actually responsible for the feat.

It is impossible for anyone, except for Todoroki and probably Endeavor, to be able to vape all the ice in such a short time, this is because normal people would take a whole day cleaning the stadium, and do not come to say that pro heroes would help, because they are not able to vape the whole ice, and even if they destroy it (Probably they wouldn't because most of the pro heroes are weak as you say), there would be a lot of fragments and water and cleaning it would take more than an hour, and the festival would be cancelled. Also, Todoroki has shown to be able to unfreeze the ice that covered an entire department, just by touching a wall, so he only need to touch one part of the ice to be able to unfreeze it, saying that he needs help doesn't make sense and is impractical.

I'm starting to think that the only important part of the argument is that if we can use Todoroki's feat, the rest does not seem necessary.

> This is kind of ridiculous, Todoroki only has a scratch because he barely managed to dodge the knife, but if he couldn't, he would be stabbed in the face. Also I'm not buying your explanation about bladed weapons, we scale characters to the people that they can hurt even if they were using sharp weapons, and Todoroki is not baseline 8-C anyways.

Todoroki is noted as having 8-C durability for 'withstanding the 100%' shockwave and withstanding Bakugo's Howitzer Impact (despite being knocked unconscious by it).

My objection to the first one would be that Todoroki had to generate ice behind him in order to actually stay on his feet. If it wasn't for that, he wouldn't have 'withstood' it and he'd be blown off the ring.

As for the second one, while the Howitzer Impact does look like a legit reason for Todoroki to be building level, does it have a calc to support it? And I don't see why this alone would prevent someone that's 9-A+ from harming him with bladed weapons.

> Todoroki's ice is stronger than Jiro's Quirk by scaling, so cutting it is actually a Building level feat.

… How? You need to explain the reasoning for scaling if the scaling is going to be your primary argument. How does Todoroki's ice formation that Stain cut up scale to above Jiro's Building level feat?

> Like I said in "Harming Iida" point, Stain overpowered Iida with one kick, and called him weak. He also overpowered Deku with one hand after he saves him.

This is ignoring my point about Stain scaling to Kirishima. And Deku was not using Full Cowl when Stain overpowered him so that would be Peak Human.

> It doesn't matter if she was using an amplifier, Deku was already stronger than her since he scales from Todoroki's casual fire.

How does Izuku's 5% Full Cowl punches scale to Todoroki's fire attacks?

> Iida's Recipro Burst/Extend should be stronger than Jiro's amplifiers, since he is using an amplifier/especial technique too

This is just bad scaling. That's not a reason for Iida to be comparable or stronger than Jiro. Characters are not equal to each other just because they're in the same class.

> Also I don't think you can understand the meaning of scaling, Iida doesn't need Building level feats, he only have to harm people with Building level durability.

You're right; he doesn't need them. However they would help in proving that Iida is actually Building level.

> Sorry but you are making way more assumpsions than me, first even if the feat was offscreen, it doesn't mean it couldn't be calced, I can just use the excuse that people wouldn't wait an entire hour for the stadium to be clean, the whole festival would be cancelled if Todoroki wouldn't be able to vape the ice.

Sure, but that's the point. The audience probably wouldn't wait an hour but that the feat is offscreen and we can make up excuses either way means we don't have a useful timeframe.

> and do not come to say that pro heroes would help, because they are not able to vape the whole ice, and even if they destroy it

I'm not saying Pro Heroes didn't help but you can't say they didn't either. There were thousands of people in the audience, and as you said, Endeavour himself was there. It's impossible to say he didn't contribute to removing the ice because we simply never see Todoroki single-handedly remove it.

> Also, Todoroki has shown to be able to unfreeze the ice that covered an entire department, just by touching a wall, so he only need to touch to one part of the ice to be able to unfreeze it, saying that he needs help doesn't make sense and is impractical.

The Giant Ice Wall was a lot bigger and a lot more solid that the apartment that Todoroki thawed earlier. The ice he unfroze there was just on the surface of the walls & floor, etc. The Giant Ice Wall is a huge, solid structure of ice; you're going to need to prove that he can somehow conduct his heat throughout the entire structure at once. The apartment feat is nowhere near comparable in terms of scale.

> Todoroki is noted as having 8-C durability for 'withstanding the 100%' shockwave and withstanding Bakugo's Howitzer Impact (despite being knocked unconscious by it).

Todoroki's profile needs to be updated, he should scale from his fire, since like his ice, the fire should also affect him physically, I think Bakugou and Deku explained this.

> My objection to the first one would be that Todoroki had to generate ice behind him in order to actually stay on his feet. If it wasn't for that, he wouldn't have 'withstood' it and he'd be blown off the ring.

Does being blown off the ring really matters? He wasn't turned into pasta with power of the shockwave.

> As for the second one, while the Howitzer Impact does look like a legit reason for Todoroki to be building level, does it have a calc to support it? And I don't see why this alone would prevent someone that's 9-A+ from harming him with bladed weapons.

Howitzer Impact is the strongest attack of Bakugou, it should be at least superior to Jiro's feat or Todoroki's casual feat.

> … How? You need to explain the reasoning for scaling if the scaling is going to be your primary argument. How does Todoroki's ice formation that Stain cut up scale to above Jiro's Building level feat?

We only know that his quirk is stronger than hers, also if you want it I can try to calc Todoroki's ice energy, probably it's going to give higher results than 8-C.

> This is ignoring my point about Stain scaling to Kirishima. And Deku was not using Full Cowl when Stain overpowered him so that would be Peak Human.

What do you mean? Iida scales from Kirishima, if Stain can overpower Iida then he scales too.

> How does Izuku's 5% Full Cowl punches scale to Todoroki's fire attacks?

Izuku 5% Full Cowl scale because he can hurt Stain, who can withstand Todoroki's serious fire.

> This is just bad scaling. That's not a reason for Iida to be comparable or stronger than Jiro. Characters are not equal to each other just because they're in the same class.

Jiro being stronger than everyone because she have amplifiers doesn't make sense either, almost everyone uses items to increase the power of their quirks.

> Sure, but that's the point. The audience probably wouldn't wait an hour but that the feat is offscreen and we can make up excuses either way means we don't have a useful timeframe.

What? If the audience wouldn't wait an hour, then we can assume a timeframe, do you think my calc is the only one that assumes timeframes?

> I'm not saying Pro Heroes didn't help but you can't say they didn't either. There were thousands of people in the audience, and as you said, Endeavour himself was there. It's impossible to say he didn't contribute to removing the ice because we simply never see Todoroki single-handedly remove it.

That would be impossible, the majority of pro heroes are weak like you say, and not all of then were pro heroes, Endeavor wouldn't help either, since he wants that his son uses his fire side, also, cleaning the whole ice entire hours even if everyone helps, but that still does not make sense because they are not at the festival to clean up anything.

> The Giant Ice Wall was a lot bigger and a lot more solid that the apartment that Todoroki thawed earlier. The ice he unfroze there was just on the surface of the walls & floor, etc. The Giant Ice Wall is a huge, solid structure of ice; you're going to need to prove that he can somehow conduct his heat throughout the entire structure at once. The apartment feat is nowhere near comparable in terms of scale.

I know the Giant Ice Wall is bigger, I was talking about the range, Todoroki can unfreeze all that ice as long as the ice is conected, that's why he should be able to affect the Giant Ice Wall just by touching one part of it.

What happened according to Damage:

0034-016
All the pro heroes are in the top of the stadium, trying their best to clean the ******* ice without leaving any trace, in less than an hour, or people will leave and the festival will be canceled

Please do not be facetious. Making a Strawman Argument is a fallacy.

EDIT: Can you explain to me how Todoroki conducts his heat through the entire ice structure simultaneously if the piece of the ice that he is touching in the first place is vaporized?

Damage3245 said:
Please do not be facetious. Making a Strawman Argument is a fallacy.

EDIT: Can you explain to me how Todoroki conducts his heat through the entire ice structure simultaneously if the piece of the ice that he is touching in the first place is vaporized?
We don't know how many time has passed between panels, Sero is not even there.

Back