• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

He values fighting Deku over everyone else. Theyā€™re just ā€œthe guys that hurt him before,ā€ not ā€œIzuku Midoriya.ā€ And again, Danger Sense. If Deku senses heā€™s gonna do something aimed at UA, he yanks or punches Shigaraki so he canā€™t. Idk if Shigaraki has any explosion Quirk strong enough to delay Deku for more than like a second and even then killing the others isnā€™t worth that much effort.
He does indeed have an explosion quirk strong enough to do it.

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/bnha_377_efforts_004.png

If the problem is Deku holding onto him with blackwhip there should be a good number of things Shiggy can do with the extra quirks heā€™s got at his disposal to get Deku off of him, especially since he did this exact tactic to try and touch the ground already.
He does not want to torture Deku, he wants to kill him. AFO wants to torture people. Shigaraki wants to kill Deku and everyone else to make his ideal world. He couldnā€™t care less about Dekuā€™s feelings or friends or emotionally damaging him, he just wants to kill him. He wants to kill Bakugo cause heā€™s annoying and should have stayed dead not cause it hurts Deku, that was AFO speaking when he mentioned that. Shigaraki is a meathead at his core that enjoys fighting.
He does want to hurt and torture Deku with his failures. He was literally taunting him about his want to save All Might, saying that if he did so heā€™d immediately go kill every one of his friends. The purpose of him saying that was to hurt Deku and get inside his head. Above all Shigaraki wants to win, he wants to destroy everything. Thatā€™s what he calls his ā€œsalvationā€ and that drives him much more so than just a fight. Heā€™s not just a meathead that enjoys fighting, he enjoys destroying things, everything.

And blud hasnā€™t pulled out a single one of his quirks that he prepared for this moment in specific for half an hour šŸ˜­.

He does indeed have an explosion quirk strong enough to do it.

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/bnha_377_efforts_004.png

If the problem is Deku holding onto him with blackwhip there should be a good number of things Shiggy can do with the extra quirks heā€™s got at his disposal to get Deku off of him, especially since he did this exact tactic to try and touch the ground already.

He does want to hurt and torture Deku with his failures. He was literally taunting him about his want to save All Might, saying that if he did so heā€™d immediately go kill every one of his friends. The purpose of him saying that was to hurt Deku and get inside his head. Above all Shigaraki wants to win, he wants to destroy everything. Thatā€™s what he calls his ā€œsalvationā€ and that drives him much more so than just a fight. Heā€™s not just a meathead that enjoys fighting, he enjoys destroying things, everything.

And blud hasnā€™t pulled out a single one of his quirks that he prepared for this moment in specific for half an hour šŸ˜­.
That explosion is from him evolving not a normal quirk.

Agree to disagree, Iā€™m bored of this discussion. Bottom line: no, he cannot go and kill others, Deku stops him. Just wait like everyone else for the actual fight.

Interesting notes in the Flashback. The giant spikes that destroyed part of the city in All Might's flashback with Nana, is being used by AFO against the Third User. (His name is Bruce from what I'm seeing) AFO can confirm if people have Quirks in both the living and the dead, this somewhat implies he can steal Quirks from dead people.

He could tell Yoichi's Quirk was gone. Did Kudo accidentally swallowed some blood with Yoichi exploded or something? But as expected, Yoichi was unaware of his actual Quirk while he was alive. Regardless of how it was done, the first transfer was an accident.

We see the Doctor meeting AFO for the first time in some weird looking cult room. We also see AFO attempt and fail to take OFA from Banjo. He tries with En and AFO cuts him in half after failing again. From what it looks like, Nana was there during En's confrontation with AFO.

Not only that but she's shown to be wearing her costume. Meaning Nana was a hero before she had One For All, so she really didn't hold the power for a long time. She might've already had Kotaro at this point. Is it possible Nana was just a nearby hero who ran into their battle?

Also AFO watches the transfer happen. I assume that's when he decided it'd be pointless to try and steal it, he needed to find another way to get his brother's power?

We finally get a look at the final shot between All Might and All For One in their prime. All Might has a hole in his stomach and you can see his entrails. All Might completely splatters AFO's head in a single punch while both of them are in the air.

All Might believing AFO died here is understandable, because that's a kill shot right. Also All Might has injuries besides the hole in his stomach. So AFO without doubt scales to him in terms of Attack Potency. Can't say anything in terms of durability right now.

We see Garaki looking at AFO in a morgue, doesn't this imply he just brought him back to life? If he was in a morgue that means All Might and Gran Torino didn't just leave his body there. So yeah, I'm honestly more shocked how quickly they believed in the possibility that AFO was alive again instead of someone else having a similar power.

We get confirmation that Kudo and Bakugo aren't related. Also, AFO can apparently tell if people are related somehow.

Rewind AFO just unleashed everything he got. I can actually see a sliver of Hawks inside of that mass of people, meaning yeah he still has Hawks' Quirk. Next chapter we got to see how Bakugo is going to stop this, since I highly doubt Bakugo's going to do nothing and AFO just gets to Tomura unopposed.

Kind of scared since All Might is yelling at Bakugo to dodge it and he just smiles. Imagine if he somehow overpowers this attack, I'd just drop dead at that point.

Also, I believe Rewind AFO should scale to 6-B in terms of AP. We're still going to wait until more chapters go by, but I believe the scaling will be assured at that point.

Edit: AFO wasn't asking for Yoichi himself when he was choking Kudo and crying. He was asking where his Quirk was, since he considers that to be Yoichi. He was also crying on purpose, in hopes of him showing such emotions would confuse Yoichi. Since Kudo cried when Yoichi died while AFO's eyes were completely dry.

Excellent chapter with amazing art, what's about the happen next will likely be one of the highest points of this final arc.

Last edited:
AFO really faked those tears. The guy is really empty inside. Even his eyes don't reflect the people he is looking at. Completely lusterless.

It also seems that he can tell whether one has a quirk or not just by looking and even analyze people's familial relationships that way.

I'm eagerly waiting for next chapter cause I want to see how this move from AFO gets dealt with. I would also like to see Shigaraki or even Deku pull some body horror shut like this at some point in the future.

Deku specifically. If we ever get Deku body horror, I will be completely satisfied.

Official chapter is out and AFO said something interesting. The chapter kind of implies that Yoichi's Quirk could've been just like AFO's had he not been so malnourished. His Quirk never properly developed because of AFO taking the majority of their nutrients. Heck, it was nonfunctional until he gave Yoichi the stock piling power.

"The meta ability I granted him... Was essentially absorbed by his own, to make up for what it lacked. Stolen, in a sense!"

This kind of sounds like taking Quirks could've been something Yoichi could do had he been developed properly. But his Quirk was so unfinished that AFO's Quirk couldn't even recognized the fact he had one. The Quirk fusion was something Yoichi's power did, his ability wasn't just transference.

Weak Fusionism and weak Power Bestowal. Both of these are abilities of AFO, he can make new Quirks by fusing them together and grant power as well.

Will most likely never be confirmed, just interesting speculation that popped into my head.

Also sort of explains the permanent ā€œlinkā€ the two have since AFO literally leeched off Yoichiā€™s Quirk since the beginning.

And that statement of ā€œThe ability to give and take could have been the kindest, most charitable power the worldā€™s ever knownā€ gives me weird vibes. Maybe OFA can be awakened to take Quirks and properly develop?

Weā€™ll see what this all is heading towards I suppose when the vestige world clash happens.

Also sort of explains the permanent ā€œlinkā€ the two have since AFO literally leeched off Yoichiā€™s Quirk since the beginning.

And that statement of ā€œThe ability to give and take could have been the kindest, most charitable power the worldā€™s ever knownā€ gives me weird vibes. Maybe OFA can be awakened to take Quirks and properly develop?

Weā€™ll see what this all is heading towards I suppose when the vestige world clash happens.
I'm honestly seeing Deku getting the power to take and give with OFA

JJK kids fiending for someone to save their verse, Iā€™m weak.

Anyway read Zatch Bell, thatā€™s the next verse Iā€™m probably going to when MHA is over.

Only four profiles? Out of that whole cast? And subsonic+? Iā€™m overhauling that whole verse, it needs some respect. Also itā€™s sequel is peak so gotta get ready for that.
based Zatch bell enjoyer

Especially zoro.
There's no way Zoro shouldn't be able to skywalk sort of like All Might's New Hampshire Smash and pseudo-flight.

Unfortunately it is what it is. He even had trouble jumping certain distances in Wano when he should be able to clear it easily given his physical strength.

I feel like just basic enhanced strength can have so many applications, it's just that most writers ignore that.

Might Guy is another character that utilized superstrength really well including igniting the air around him with his super-fast strikes, throwing air pressure attacks, and even skywalking via sheer strength and speed.

And it's not like the concept of skywalking doesn't exist in One Piece. It is there and even relatively "fodder" Cipher Pol characters can do it. So Zoro has no excuse.

MHA Team Up missions volume 4 is out in English.

Chapter 20 has a hero called Blackbelt with the monicker "Hundo-Hit Man" who can basically one tap villains. The chapter is basically a parody of OPM where he isn't popular since he takes down villains so fast.

His quirk allows him to strike pressure points but later it is revealed that he can throw 100 strikes at FTE speeds (neither Kaminari nor Momo noticed).

They need a high-speed camera to actually capture his moves.

For stamina, in chapter 17 Kirishima chases some guys on snowbikes up a mountain without getting tired even once. He is also unbothered by the cold while the villains almost freeze to death and he basically turns himself into a snowboard to carry them down the mountain.

In chapter 23, Iida, Kaminari, Bakugo, and Aoyama run 10 laps around the block without even as much as sweating or losing their breath.

Also Hawks got 2 houses.

And from the 2 chapters Hawks and Deku are in together, Hawks is way faster though I guess that makes sense since it's before PLFW.

100 strikes at FTE speeds
This can be calculated, though I don't think it'd be particularly that impressive of a number depending on the perception time used for it.

We already had Hawks being FTE to a villain who was FTE to Deku and Bakugo so that tracks. I believe all these happen around Endeavor Agency arc.

Bakugo is absolutely insane.

AFO shoots forward with his attack, but Bakugo stopped it by throwing sweat inside his mouth earlier and exploding it while heā€™s charging. This means he can remotely detonate his sweat now which is insane. AFOā€™s EYE pops out from how badly his body exploded from the inside.

Bakugo flies down and hits AFO while heā€™s down with a Howitzer Impact, then just starts beating the shit out of him for like 4 pages straight, jojo vibes, telling him to just shut up. AFO is trying to hit back but Bakugo is destroying his attacks while still pounding him into the dirt.

In the vestige world, AFO has become a child. Hawksā€™s Vestige is literally RIZZING up people inside AFO, held a fan meeting and theyā€™re all rebelling against him (this is what happens when you activate all your Quirks but they all hate you).

Bakugo blasts him for the last time, destroying the gauntlet and breaking his arm pretty bad, but nuking AFO to the ground who seems to be reduced to a baby.

AFO just got his ass beat seven different ways by Bakugo and there is literally no hope for him. His Quirks wills are stronger than his own because of his anger, heā€™s a baby and Bakugo is still there. Gg bro, sign me up for the next Hawks Vestige Autograph Signing because you are NOT in control anymore.

AFO nerfs came back again to bite him in the ass with the quirk Rebellion and this time Hawks is in charge in the vestige world (he's still getting girls too)

Also direct confirmation from AFO himself that his younger body is weaker and less resilient hence why he loses control over his powers again.

And Bakugo's first attack against Kaiju AFO was pre-planned 3 chapters ago. So he didn't take the initial charge head on but used a pre-planned remote explosion

Then he basically goes ORA ORA on AFO.Theres a panel where AFO is trying to fire something at him, stab him with rivet stab, spear like bones, and some giant flesh-like appendages but Bakugo counters each one of them so speed-wise, his combat speed ***** on AFO.

Back