• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Getting a lot more confirmation that AFO has all his quirks, just his body couldn’t handle them when he was injured. He uses the same space twisting Quirk he used against Hawk when he first got his body back. This means he should be 6-B in AP with the Rewind Drug, especially since we see All Might and bro is bleeding and hurt pretty bad.

AFO’s durability is either absolute paper or Plus Ultra All Might is built different cause he one tapped his head off lmao. He doesn’t seem injured before that punch too, AFraudO confirmed not 6-B in dura?

Seeing him kill the other users is pretty gruesome but a reminder of how many times he’s failed to “take back what is his.”

Bakugo confirmed not related to Kudou, and I guess AFO can tell your DNA by just looking at you? Should add that to his info analysis.

This new ultimate combo thing where he propels himself looks like some true nightmare fuel, but I guess we can call this his true final move. Let’s see if Bakugo can stop this or even survive it.

Also if he gets to Shigaraki and is just a baby, he is so screwed lmao. I’m certain that the “vestiges can fight back against his weaker copy of AFO” thing is going to be what bites him in the ass.

OH SHIT DID WE ACTUALLY GET A FLASHBACK TO THEIR FIGHT?!
Only two panels of a wounded and bleeding All Might winding up a punch then one shotting AFO’s head off. AFO doesn’t even look hurt, it seems like he legit just got one shot the second AM hit him.

Also it killed him and the doctor got his body from the morgue, he literally died to All Might.

Only two panels of a wounded and bleeding All Might winding up a punch then one shotting AFO’s head off. AFO doesn’t even look hurt, it seems like he legit just got one shot the second AM hit him.

Also it killed him and the doctor got his body from the morgue, he literally died to All Might.
So we didn't actually get to see how it really happened, we just got to see All Might dunk him.

Getting a lot more confirmation that AFO has all his quirks, just his body couldn’t handle them when he was injured. He uses the same space twisting Quirk he used against Hawk when he first got his body back. This means he should be 6-B in AP with the Rewind Drug, especially since we see All Might and bro is bleeding and hurt pretty bad.

AFO’s durability is either absolute paper or Plus Ultra All Might is built different cause he one tapped his head off lmao. He doesn’t seem injured before that punch too, AFraudO confirmed not 6-B in dura?

Seeing him kill the other users is pretty gruesome but a reminder of how many times he’s failed to “take back what is his.”

Bakugo confirmed not related to Kudou, and I guess AFO can tell your DNA by just looking at you? Should add that to his info analysis.

This new ultimate combo thing where he propels himself looks like some true nightmare fuel, but I guess we can call this his true final move. Let’s see if Bakugo can stop this or even survive it.

Also if he gets to Shigaraki and is just a baby, he is so screwed lmao. I’m certain that the “vestiges can fight back against his weaker copy of AFO” thing is going to be what bites him in the ass.
I still have the opinion that AFO's durability definitely doesn't close to Prime AM and this chapter kinda shows it. Unless someone thinks that normal prime AM attacks could do absolutely no damage to AFO before he went PU which seems mad unlikely. AP though I'd probably say eh for now until the official scans come out, because from the leak I saw I could only make out the stomach wound or wtv. Also GG Bakugoat

I still have the opinion that AFO's durability definitely doesn't close to Prime AM and this chapter kinda shows it. Unless someone thinks that normal prime AM attacks could do absolutely no damage to AFO before he went PU which seems mad unlikely. AP though I'd probably say eh for now until the official scans come out, because from the leak I saw I could only make out the stomach wound or wtv. Also GG Bakugoat
I think AFO’s defensive quirks would probably be able to be comparable to Prime All Might’s durability. If he used the muscle quirk and the force field ones (which he had at some point) I think he could tank a punch from AM. But in terms of raw dura yea All Might destroys him

I will call bullshit if Bakugo counters hundreds of quirks with one quirk. Hopefully he has a smarter way of going around this than meeting force with force.

Both intrigued by All For One's attack and at the same time disappointed by it. I still feel like All For One (quirk) is one of the most underutilized Quirks in the series and we didn't get to see enough of it being used in creative ways. I liked the entire sequence beginning from AFO vs Endeavor until now, but it's not enough in my opinion. And now we're getting him unleashing all his Quirks somehow, and all at once, and somehow he's going to get stopped by Bakugo. I'm not looking forward to what's gonna happen, but I'm looking forward to being proven wrong by Hori this time.
Same feeling with Shiggy vs Star. I loved Star but Shiggy barely used any Quirks in that fight.

On the other hand, AFO's flashback was great. We get to see more of the One For All users as well. Wish we got to see more though but MHA is ending.

I will call bullshit if Bakugo counters hundreds of quirks with one quirk. Hopefully he has a smarter way of going around this than meeting force with force.
Ok but seriously, speaking of quirks….

What the hell has been going on with Shigaraki. He’s supposed to have his quirks back now right? Likes he’s been having them back for like 30 minutes at this point, how has he not used a single one yet???

Ok but seriously, speaking of quirks….

What the hell has been going on with Shigaraki. He’s supposed to have his quirks back now right?ce Likes he’s been having them back for like 30 minutes at this point, how has he not used a single one yet???
I think all of yall are vastly overestimating the amount of time that has passed by and underestimating how fast these characters are. This entire war arc has probably taken place in 30 minutes or less. Since a lot of the fights have been taking place at the same time, that's why there's been a lot of back and forth cuts throughout this arc.

I think all of yall are vastly overestimating the amount of time that has passed by and underestimating how fast these characters are. This entire war arc has probably taken place in 30 minutes or less. Since a lot of the fights have been taking place at the same time, that's why there's been a lot of back and forth cuts throughout this arc.
All Might’s fight with AFO alone took 20 minutes in universe and Shigaraki had his quirks loose before AFO was even fighting the Shiketsu students yet.

It’s literally been like a straight half an hour since Shigaraki got his quirks free.

All Might’s fight with AFO alone took 20 minutes in universe and Shigaraki had his quirks loose before AFO was even fighting the Shiketsu students yet.

It’s literally been like a straight half an hour since Shigaraki got his quirks free.
Deku vs Shigaraki has basically been a stalemate so far. And with precog, it doesn't really matter how many quirks Shigaraki spams.

Something big is gonna be needed to break that stalemate, not just spamming random quirks (most whose lethality is below Shigaraki's physical strength).

Would it be possible for Dabi's first key to be "At most 8-A" since Compress felt like he needed to dodge he was capable of harming Tentacole and a weakened Deku without putting them down?

20 minutes? Did I miss something. Where did that number come from

Deku vs Shigaraki has basically been a stalemate so far. And with precog, it doesn't really matter how many quirks Shigaraki spams.

Something big is gonna be needed to break that stalemate, not just spamming random quirks (most whose lethality is below Shigaraki's physical strength).
I don’t really get that tbh. Doesn’t all bro need to do to win is touch the ground. Didn’t he use to have a bunch of arms that could do this for him?? There’s definitely a couple like big explosion quirks he could use to help him do that.

My dude has Deku’s level of physical strength anlready and he can combine his quirks together, should be stronger if anything because of that.

I don’t really get that tbh. Doesn’t all bro need to do to win is touch the ground.
Nah, Deku has flight so that won't work on him and close range decay doesn't seem to work either since Deku is restraining Shigiraki's hands with blackwhip while he fights him up close.
Didn’t he use to have a bunch of arms that could do this for him??
The arm growth was when AFO was in control and Shigiraki couldn't use decay at that time since his quirks we're erased, if he activated decay at this point everyone would have died.

Nah, Deku has flight so that won't work on him and close range decay doesn't seem to work either since Deku is restraining Shigiraki's hands with blackwhip while he fights him up close.
But what about everyone else. Wasn’t it a whole thing that they couldn’t prevent UA from falling cause everyone was inside. Shiggy can just annihilate that thing now with a touch can’t he. Or blast it whatever other quirk he’s got from afar.
The arm growth was when AFO was in control and Shigiraki couldn't use decay at that time since his quirks we're erased, if he activated decay at this point everyone would have died.
I’m sorry, why can’t he make more arms again? I don’t understand how AFO not being in control of the body prevents Shigaraki from doing what was just “natural growth” for his body to perform?

But what about everyone else. Wasn’t it a whole thing that they couldn’t prevent UA from falling cause everyone was inside. Shiggy can just annihilate that thing now with a touch can’t he. Or blast it whatever other quirk he’s got from afar.

I’m sorry, why can’t he make more arms again? I don’t understand how AFO not being in control of the body prevents Shigaraki from doing what was just “natural growth” for his body to perform?
He would have to get to UA to destroy it or intend to destroy it with a Quirk. Which Deku would sense and immediately stop due to Danger Sense. Deku is quite literally in Shigaraki’s face and yanking him around with Blackwhip/Black Chain, Shigaraki can’t exactly ignore him. When AFO/AM showed up, Shigaraki told Deku straight up that if he wasn’t blocking him he would go to UA and kill everyone. There’s no one on the ground for him to kill either they’re all in UA in the air cause Gentle is carrying it.

The growths were cause his body was grasping for an “ideal form” which his current form is (maybe). He could also just not be using them right now, or maybe he is and Deku is just destroying them too quickly to be useful, we don’t know, we have seen nothing of the fight other than them posing.

This is also not mentioning: Shigaraki just wants to fight Deku. He hates/respects him more than anyone else so he wants to destroy him.

He would have to get to UA to destroy it or intend to destroy it with a Quirk. Which Deku would sense and immediately stop due to Danger Sense. Deku is quite literally in Shigaraki’s face and yanking him around with Blackwhip/Black Chain, Shigaraki can’t exactly ignore him. When AFO/AM showed up, Shigaraki told Deku straight up that if he wasn’t blocking him he would go to UA and kill everyone. There’s no one on the ground for him to kill either they’re all in UA in the air cause Gentle is carrying it.
Pretty sure Shigaraki can just do some big explosion around his entire body to get Deku away from him and immediately go to UA to finish the job. Or fire some long range quirk at it like AFO did easily, or maybe send some of his extra arms there and use decay while his main body is keeping Deku busy. He could do these things to try and distract Deku so that he can kill and steal his quirk by making him focus on things other than himself.
The growths were cause his body was grasping for an “ideal form” which his current form is (maybe). He could also just not be using them right now, or maybe he is and Deku is just destroying them too quickly to be useful, we don’t know, we have seen nothing of the fight other than them posing.
Wasn’t his growing powers evolving into being able to make more things than just hands around himself. This is literally like the most OP ability he has at his disposal and he finna just lost it 😭
This is also not mentioning: Shigaraki just wants to fight Deku. He hates/respects him more than anyone else so he wants to destroy him.
Yeah, he wants to destroy him, he wants to torture him. He wants him to make him suffer in every capacity. Which makes it even more likely that he would go for attacking Deku’s friends to show how helpless he is despite the “hero” title he proudly proclaims.

Pretty sure Shigaraki can just do some big explosion around his entire body to get Deku away from him and immediately go to UA to finish the job. Or fire some long range quirk at it like AFO did easily, or maybe send some of his extra arms there and use decay while his main body is keeping Deku busy. He could do these things to try and distract Deku so that he can kill and steal his quirk by making him focus on things other than himself.

Wasn’t his growing powers evolving into being able to make more things than just hands around himself. This is literally like the most OP ability he has at his disposal and he finna just lost it 😭

Yeah, he wants to destroy him, he wants to torture him. He wants him to make him suffer in every capacity. Which makes it even more likely that he would go for attacking Deku’s friends to show how helpless he is despite the “hero” title he proudly proclaims.
He values fighting Deku over everyone else. They’re just “the guys that hurt him before,” not “Izuku Midoriya.” And again, Danger Sense. If Deku senses he’s gonna do something aimed at UA, he yanks or punches Shigaraki so he can’t. Idk if Shigaraki has any explosion Quirk strong enough to delay Deku for more than like a second and even then killing the others isn’t worth that much effort.

Possibly yes

He does not want to torture Deku, he wants to kill him. AFO wants to torture people. Shigaraki wants to kill Deku and everyone else to make his ideal world. He couldn’t care less about Deku’s feelings or friends or emotionally damaging him, he just wants to kill him. He wants to kill Bakugo cause he’s annoying and should have stayed dead not cause it hurts Deku, that was AFO speaking when he mentioned that. Shigaraki is a meathead at his core that enjoys fighting.

If killing his friends provided Shigaraki a tactical advantage, he would do it, but going to UA isn’t worth that, on top of him likely just not having the ability to do so with Deku hounding him. His main opponent is right in front of him and he clearly is having a wonderful time fighting him, not really any reason to abandon it when he WANTS this fight.

If the opportunity to kill someone else arises he’ll take it but Shigaraki has far more interest and need to kill Deku than anyone else at the current moment. Otherwise he would have stopped fighting Deku and went to kill AFO and AM, both of whom he hates equally.

Back