• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

this is about a Deep Sea King vs All Might thread.
I'm not much of a calc guy, but I think I know a few notes people tend to bring up in those matchups.

1. Genos does destroy the house of Evolution and parts of the hill behind it. However, we get to see in the second last panel that the damage is insignificant to the mountains.
2. The bomb shelter Genos and DSK damaged is not the same shelter that was supposed to be impregnable from missiles and tanks (different city, different shelter)
3. None of the characters DSK contended with or defeated had particularly impressive speed feats at that point.
4. The MHA movies are as canon as you can get it. Nine appears in chapter 222 and the two children in chapter 384.

Shigaraki isn't helping AFO and it'd be annoying/disappointing if AFO just took full control of Shiggy after he just came back.

If AFO gets to the battlefield, there is no doubt in my mind that Shiggy is going to want to kill him first. Heck Shiggy might help Izuku fight AFO just to get rid of him. AFO's going to be in for a rude awakening if he thinks getting to Shiggy is a good idea. He's going to find out real quick that he's already lost control of this situation.
How would Decay affect rewind? Would it just instantly disintegrate AFO or would his rewind properties allow him to constantly fight against this which would allow him to stay alive longer like in Deku’s case.

In the manga, we can very slightly see Thirteen’s back:

Which confuses me, why would they be done for? They look basically undamaged, at least nothing compared to what other heroes have taken and kept going. Can they just not survive without the suit? But can take the helmet off fine…

Very goofy.

In the manga, we can very slightly see Thirteen’s back:

Which confuses me, why would they be done for? They look basically undamaged, at least nothing compared to what other heroes have taken and kept going. Can they just not survive without the suit? But can take the helmet off fine…

Very goofy.

being next to a scary lil warp in reality is a bit dangerous.

Wait, we know they can survive without the suit because in the manga they were outside their suit entirely, when they were in the hospital after USJ. You can see them laying in bed.

Chapter is officially out and damn that was good.
AFO showing off more abilities and destroying everyone is pretty crazy. He said he can draw more potential now so is he beyond Prime AM level now?

Death Arms coming back was great.

I really wanna see Izuku vs Tomura though.

Next seems to be Stain vs Iida and Shoto. It seems Hori gave Stain a glider so he can fight in the air or something. Otherwise on the ground, Iida would mop the ground with him.

People in there using Death Battle Math. Anyway, to be fair, Shoto could probably do serious damage to 30% Deku on his own.
Scaling Shoto to Endeavour, he could vaporise Deku’s flesh and muscle off with a single good hit. And Deku doesn’t have the courtesy of regeneration.

But Redditors be like: “Deku could tank the entire class at full power hitting him at the same time and not even get a scratch” 🤡

Scaling Shoto to Endeavour, he could vaporise Deku’s flesh and muscle off with a single good hit. And Deku doesn’t have the courtesy of regeneration.

But Redditors be like: “Deku could tank the entire class at full power hitting him at the same time and not even get a scratch” 🤡
Oh, 30% Deku could absolutely solo like 60-75% of the class no diff. Remember he was mad tired during the fight.

The shoto and lida panel with stain feels more like a flash back than an actual continuation of what happening in the present. Anyways, let see what hk is gonna do since he has always been some what unpredictable sometimes.

Well going by the official translation, AFO's rewinding does get faster the more he's damaged. So getting decayed would not be good for him.

Also AFO basically confirms Dark Shadow was the strongest person there. Since he wanted to take Dark Shadow for pushing him to such lengths.
AFO laser is confirmed to be made of light

Currently trying to figure out how much distance Hawks travelled to protect Tokoyami from the laser
Him calling it a blast of light doesn't make it's light speed on this wiki. Ignoring if that attack is the same one he used against Machia, which curves like hell. It also curves and bends when he uses it against Dark Shadow, and personally looks more like a lightning bolt than a laser. Though it's not lightning speed either.

He doesn't say it moves at light speed or anything. If we don't accept the jet lasers or Aoyama's lasers as light speed, why would you think this would be?

Well going by the official translation, AFO's rewinding does get faster the more he's damaged. So getting decayed would not be good for him.
Weirdly the spanish translation seems to agree more with the unofficial scans that AFO's Quirks are unaffected by the Rewinding.

Hard to say if the official translation got it wrong this time. I'd be curious to have the raws looked at.

If seems the unofficial translations were more accurate this chapter.

For example, in the official translations, AFO insulted Hawks quirk as weak when in reality he was talking about Hawks' destroyed quirk factor.

Sometimes I think Caleb tries to be too different and ends up putting out wonky translations.

Also AFO basically confirms Dark Shadow was the strongest person there. Since he wanted to take Dark Shadow for pushing him to such lengths.

Him calling it a blast of light doesn't make it's light speed on this wiki. Ignoring if that attack is the same one he used against Machia, which curves like hell. It also curves and bends when he uses it against Dark Shadow, and personally looks more like a lightning bolt than a laser. Though it's not lightning speed either.

He doesn't say it moves at light speed or anything. If we don't accept the jet lasers or Aoyama's lasers as light speed, why would you think this would be?
To be fair, jet lasers are never explicitly called light speed and Aoyama’s laser has anti feats

And it clearly isn’t the same quirk as the one used against Machia

I've got a question: should we make a key for this new AFO since he has abilities and strength that his weakened self never displayed? I think it should be different than his prime key, since we still don't know Prime AFO's abilities. What do you guys think?

I've got a question: should we make a key for this new AFO since he has abilities and strength that his weakened self never displayed? I think it should be different than his prime key, since we still don't know Prime AFO's abilities. What do you guys think?
He still has his Weakened powers but is showcasing new abilities, and has the rewind drug. I'd say we should give him another key.

Trying to fit all of that into his Weakened key is a little much. Since he's clearly outputting more power and is stronger than his Weakened form, but he isn't the same as his Prime. His Quirks are different and his fighting style is different as well. True prime All For One is still mostly unknown, even now.

We can't just treat him as if this is Prime AFO from back in the day, because it isn't. Let's just get rid of his prime key, it's basically worthless.

He still has his Weakened powers but is showcasing new abilities, and has the rewind drug. I'd say we should give him another key.

Trying to fit all of that into his Weakened key is a little much. Since he's clearly outputting more power and is stronger than his Weakened form, but he isn't the same as his Prime. His Quirks are different and his fighting style is different as well. True prime All For One is still mostly unknown, even now.

We can't just treat him as if this is Prime AFO from back in the day, because it isn't. Let's just get rid of his prime key, it's basically worthless.
Exactly, cuz he's been showing extremely powerful Quirks he didn't display in his weakened state because his body couldn't handle it. Though I'm still not positive on removing Prime AFO's key. Like we still saw some of his Quirks in-action in Vigilantes and how he subdued Hood, so there's still enough of him on-screen that merits keeping the Prime AFO key.

Last edited:
His Dura is a bit wobbly due to how BADLY hurt he is by Mt Lady & gang, i'd even say he seems more durable in his Weakened state

Bruh

Mount Lady with support weapons, Dark Shadow's full power barrage of punches, and Machia throwing large chunks of rocks at him.

Inasa and other heroes are also lending support as well. Also there's the possibility of that damage being down from him using those Quirks. We know the blast against Dark Shadow messed up him as well. There's a lot of factors in play about why he was so injured.

Ped2018

That's how AFO's keys are laid out current. I don't care about their position, so you all can agree on whatever. That's why I said whatever is better.

Against my better judgement, I decided to waste my time and find the actual databook the tiktok video is sourcing (totally not lying), even though the video doesn’t source anything or even show the full page.

Feel free to translate unless it’s already been done.

Against my better judgement, I decided to waste my time and find the actual databook the tiktok video is sourcing (totally not lying), even though the video doesn’t source anything or even show the full page.

Feel free to translate unless it’s already been done.

That seems like a shitty edit of English text above the jp text. All the text says is that he has multiple “personalities/quirks” and is able to somewhat act independently. That translation about light is bogus.

Back