• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

A redditor is trying to convince me the verse is FTL because they dodged radio waves.

their source…?

TikTok.
Better than twitter thinking Gon would stomp deku because he's "crazier than him" and has his adult form none of which comes close to deku but man they sure think thats enough

I'll tank wank over weird hate and downplay anyday

Over half my intelligence was ripped out of me by that TikTok video.

The proof:

Radio Waves are FTL. Shigaraki uses Radio Waves.

Deku dodges these at 45% shows a picture of Deku kicking air at Shigaraki’s decay wave BEFORE Shigaraki even began chasing Deku

… and this redditor is unironically claiming I’m too hard headed to provide proof when he spent 8 replies refusing to link me the video when I asked him to provide the feat or video with the feat. And I didn’t even make any claims! What was I supposed to provide proof for?!

Reddit should have a “that’s it, I’m deleting YOUR account” button for people of such IQ.

So I was watching this video and I noticed something off.

I disagreed with some of his points regarding Deku, but whatever.

But then I looked at his twitter and...

This is why I don't **** with anime-tubers.

If you look at his YT channel, all he does is shit on MHA. He rarely talks positively about it, lol.

The non-fan energy is real. Like, damn.

"We don't ever get Deku's own personal feelings on his self worth"

Show, don't tell, dummy

Look at Deku's face and his reactions to others in the arc, the whole point is that he isn't sharing how he feels, but Class 1-A knows who he is and how he acts, it doesn't need to be spelled out for you to figure out how Deku is failing. I hate the people who say the Dark Hero Arc isn't emotionally valid

Look at Deku's face and his reactions to others in the arc, the whole point is that he isn't sharing how he feels, but Class 1-A knows who he is and how he acts, it doesn't need to be spelled out for you to figure out how Deku is failing. I hate the people who say the Dark Hero Arc isn't emotionally valid
Another thing that I kind of found nonsensical was the fact that he felt the need to 'criticize' how Deku said nothing to Bakugo after his big speech to him. As if he was supposed to ridicule or vent his frustrations about what Bakugo did to him in the past...

Which, you know, kind of ******* tramples over the fact that Deku has already said that he considered Bakugo an asshole in the past. Their fight with each other was all that was needed for Deku to air out his frustrations onto Bakugo and his motives. He doesn't need to acknowledge Bakugo's terrible behavior. He came to terms with it and realized that Bakugo was slowly growing better.

Certainly doesn't help that he said that the abuse Deku suffered was 'vague' and left 'ambiguous.'

That shit was not vague. Deku said NUMEROUS times in the first volume that he was being ******* tormented by his entire class and Bakugo's lackeys. If an entire class of people was comfortable with illegally using their Quirks to taunt Deku, with the teacher not giving a flying ****, it's reasonable to assume that Deku was mocked for being Quirkless.

You hit it on the nose with the 'show don't tell' man. Some people are just too ******* lazy to sit down and analyze a couple of manga panels. It's not that they lack reading comprehension, it's just that they're so used to things being spelled out for them that they can't pick up on relatively simple and easy to understandable, yet hidden details.

Again, certainly doesn't help that Deku has gone on record to say that he was picked on for being Quirkless when he first met All Might.

That's all that needs to be said. There is no further explanation needed for Deku's past. He was bullied, abused, and shat on by his classmates for years. Whether or not that includes physical abuse is up in the air, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

The fact that he tried to argue that Horikoshi should've added more context to his backstory and what contributed to his mindset after Bakugo's speech proves he didn't read it properly. There doesn't need to be any context. There doesn't need to be any more backstory added to his character. We get all we need to understand about him in volume one and then some. This guy just didn't pay attention.

I don't know how the hell he thought comparing Dekua and Subaru would make for a good video. Because they're not even remotely similar beyond a few similarities regarding how they seem themselves. Subaru self-reflecting on his past actions is nice and all, but Deku's incapable of doing that for obvious reasons. You can't hold him to the same standard as a character who died over a dozen ******* times, watching his loved ones crumble away from him.

It's hilarious that so many people don't even understand Deku, yet somehow can amass this much of a following. It never ceases to amaze me.

Another thing that I kind of found nonsensical was the fact that he felt the need to 'criticize' how Deku said nothing to Bakugo after his big speech to him. As if he was supposed to ridicule or vent his frustrations about what Bakugo did to him in the past...
Even logistically, like, venting a bunch of shit you out of nowhere when the guy has nothing going against you, knows what he did wrong, is working to fix that and is basically helping you in every aspect, is legitimately not going to accomplish anything.

Which, you know, kind of ******* tramples over the fact that Deku has already said that he considered Bakugo an asshole in the past. Their fight with each other was all that was needed for Deku to air out his frustrations onto Bakugo and his motives. He doesn't need to acknowledge Bakugo's terrible behavior. He came to terms with it and realized that Bakugo was slowly growing better.

Certainly doesn't help that he said that the abuse Deku suffered was 'vague' and left 'ambiguous.'

That shit was not vague. Deku said NUMEROUS times in the first volume that he was being ******* tormented by his entire class and Bakugo's lackeys. If an entire class of people was comfortable with illegally using their Quirks to taunt Deku, with the teacher not giving a flying ****, it's reasonable to assume that Deku was mocked for being Quirkless.

You hit it on the nose with the 'show don't tell' man. Some people are just too ******* lazy to sit down and analyze a couple of manga panels. It's not that they lack reading comprehension, it's just that they're so used to things being spelled out for them that they can't pick up on relatively simple and easy to understandable, yet hidden details.

Again, certainly doesn't help that Deku has gone on record to say that he was picked on for being Quirkless when he first met All Might.

That's all that needs to be said. There is no further explanation needed for Deku's past. He was bullied, abused, and shat on by his classmates for years. Whether or not that includes physical abuse is up in the air, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

The fact that he tried to argue that Horikoshi should've added more context to his backstory and what contributed to his mindset after Bakugo's speech proves he didn't read it properly. There doesn't need to be any context. There doesn't need to be any more backstory added to his character. We get all we need to understand about him in volume one and then some. This guy just didn't pay attention.

I don't know how the hell he thought comparing Dekua and Subaru would make for a good video. Because they're not even remotely similar beyond a few similarities regarding how they seem themselves. Subaru self-reflecting on his past actions is nice and all, but Deku's incapable of doing that for obvious reasons. You can't hold him to the same standard as a character who died over a dozen ******* times, watching his loved ones crumble away from him.

It's hilarious that so many people don't even understand Deku, yet somehow can amass this much of a following. It never ceases to amaze me.
"We DoN't KNoW hOw DeKu fEeLz"

If you look at his YT channel, all he does is shit on MHA. He rarely talks positively about it, lol.

This is especially funny because I used to follow this guy on Twitter and he was one of the main people who would defend mha when people spouted BS like what he’s saying.

This is especially funny because I used to follow this guy on Twitter and he was one of the main people who would defend mha when people spouted BS like what he’s saying.
I took one look at this guy's Twitter and it was just filled with him ******** on MHA. You have to be out of your right mind to give the Final Act a 3 out of ******* 10 man 😂

Ah, reddit mha "fans", the same people who don't accept movies being canon after being proven a long time ago even by Horikoshi himself.

Like, I genuinely don't understand them. Most anime fans would be jumping for joy if a decent/good movie actually fit in the canon, but nah, not them.

We go from "the movies are not canon," to "movies and characters are canon but not the events," like, what the **** does that even mean.

Ah, reddit mha "fans", the same people who don't accept movies being canon after being proven a long time ago even by Horikoshi himself.

Like, I genuinely don't understand them. Most anime fans would be jumping for joy if a decent/good movie actually fit in the canon, but nah, not them.

We go from "the movies are not canon," to "movies and characters are canon but not the events," like, what the **** does that even mean.
What even is their beef with the movies? Like aside from Deku going 100% full cowl on Flect Turn there’s basically nothing wrong with them and if anything they add to the story?

Wasn't this guy like one of MHAs biggest defenders like a year or two ago?

A redditor i was talking to was claiming the movies weren’t canon because

ahem

”Deku sharing OFA with Bakugo is a plot hole.”

Guess which one got downvotes.

As if the “plot hole” even needed explaining.

They act like the whole “transfer the quirk” part DROPPED OFF when Deku inherited it. Like, a glob of OFA just fell off for no reason whatever during the transfer.

”Oops.”

- All Might and Deku I guess.

Crazy stuff on r/powerscaling. People are saying Deku has infinite speed for being able to breathe while Gear Shift warps the laws of physics.

Deku is apparently "high-continental" (don't know what this means) to multi-continental.

Even an argument for planetary Deku.

Maybe one day boys.
058624be96f4cfab6259b978d6a2cb4c22d84506b96d006e9b20e3aaa9dda071_1.webp

Back