• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Not good, My Hero Academia Low Tiers are so fast now that even feats like this are palling in comparison to their current ratings.
cover2.jpg

Once people started scaling everything up. The scaling on here that used to make sense just fell apart. Nowadays, you just know it's mostly all bullshit and pretty much most things on here don't line up at all with actual events in the manga.

But there was a time when at least the MHA scaling (not other verses) lined up with the manga scaling. But now, smh.

Personally, I'm only here for the fun discussions nowadays. Not the scaling.

Once people started scaling everything up. The scaling on here that used to make sense just fell apart. Nowadays, you just know it's mostly all bullshit and pretty much most things on here don't line up at all with actual events in the manga.

But there was a time when at least the MHA scaling (not other verses) lined up with the manga scaling. But now, smh.

Blame on the authors bruv

Blame on the authors bruv
No, I blame the people on here. Every time there's been a major debate, the voices of reason always get ignored. Well its not just this site, but the power-scaling community in general.
Most authors don't really hide stuff like this, fans just look for an opening, exploit it, then expand the scale beyond logic.

No, I blame the people on here. Every time there's been a major debate, the voices of reason always get ignored. Well its not just this site, but the power-scaling community in general.
Most authors don't really hide stuff like this, fans just look for an opening, exploit it, then expand the scale beyond logic.
L

Oh Yes, because the author making movies, spin-offs and whatnot canon are obviously the fans fault huh?

Get in your head, most of these authors don't understand the magnitude of the things they draw and/or aprove as canon

There's nothing significantly bad about our scaling. Authors don't power scale their stories, and Hori is no exception, proven by how everyone and their mothers can now hurt and be on par with Prime AM level characters just because Hori wanted to.

That's simply how shonens work sometimes, the logic have been thrown out of the window a long time ago, and now random characters can reach Mountain level+ power and durability without any strength-enhancing Quirks.

Last edited:
Wanna talk about cracked powerscaling, just look at dragon ball super. After the first arc, literally everyone they fought had to be at least somewhat relative which meant characters like Cabba can now quite literally solo of all Z in base form.
I mean, yeah? Characters usually get stronger over time, idk why people get so confused about this.

I mean, yeah? Characters usually get stronger over time, idk why people get so confused about this.
He is saying that random characters can now one-shot every single DBZ villain when our heroes took decades of training to even reach that level, and without any explanation or reason for their level of power, they are just that strong.

Never forget how Gohan went from 4-B to 3-A in a few minutes of sparring.

He is saying that random characters can now one-shot every single DBZ villain when our heroes took decades of training to even reach that level, and without any explanation or reason for their level of power, they are just that strong.
Them's the breaks.

War arcs in particular tend to buff a lot of characters so that they will remain relevant, especially in battle shounen where power systems are rudimentary or barely above that level of simplicity. MHA is no exception.

Though it's not like people just got buffed randomly in AP, Tokoyami and Dark Shadow was always gonna hang with the Origin Trio.

War arcs in particular tend to buff a lot of characters so that they will remain relevant, especially in battle shounen where power systems are rudimentary or barely above that level of simplicity.
And especially in cases where the main character goes off course, like Deku was doing for a bit there. That typically leads to a pretty big scaling buff.

I thought I was the only one in this thread who thought this way.

There's nothing significantly bad about our scaling. Authors don't power scale their stories, and Hori is no exception, proven by how everyone and their mothers can now hurt and be on par with Prime AM level characters just because Hori wanted to.

That's simply how shonens work sometimes, the logic have been thrown out of the window a long time ago, and now random characters can reach Mountain level+ power and durability without any strength-enhancing Quirks.

Authors CAN and usually DO powerscaling with their characters

All that stuff about calculations, tiers and gaps might be a fandom and battleboarding thing, but power scaling is a storytelling tool ("Wow, my new character is definitely very strong, what do I do? I know, he's going to put up a good fight or beat the protagonist, or the previous villain"), not something that was invented for battleboarding

But it also happens that an author may not understand the implications of certain things, for example, he might believe that a hypersonic character might have trouble dealing with a crowd of people just because there are so many of them. The authors do powerscaling, but they are not (necessarily) very scientific people, that would be a more appropriate phrase

Won’t lie but recent chapter was literally nothing. Like how often is it going to keep saying “people needs to know!” Like we already know it’d circling around the world so why keep bringing it up?

Yeah, the chapter was more or less journalists "filler" but not every chapter needs to be high octane fights. A chapter like this is also definitely less taxing than a chapter that's covering fights.

As a setup chapter, this was pretty good for the Deku vs Shigaraki fight. My only hope is that from next chapter Hori fully commits to 3 or 4 chapters covering 1 battlefield in full. That's when the battles really hit cause so far my favorite stretch of chapters is still Shoto vs Dabi (4 chapters) and Endeavor and co. vs AFO (5 chapters). Both fights were covered in full from beginning to end which is probably why I loved them so much.

All other battles in the arc have been pretty disjointed cause of all the cutaways, teases, moving from battlefield to battlefield, etc. I just wish Hori picked one fight and committed to the end then moved on to a 2nd, 3rd, etc fight while minimizing the cutaways and shifts.

All other battles in the arc have been pretty disjointed cause of all the cutaways, teases, moving from battlefield to battlefield, etc. I just wish Hori picked one fight and committed to the end then moved on to a 2nd, 3rd, etc fight while minimizing the cutaways and shifts
I think Hori wants to portray how chaotic the battle is, since this is all happening at once pretty much

So I was watching this video and I noticed something off.

I disagreed with some of his points regarding Deku, but whatever.

But then I looked at his twitter and...

This is why I don't **** with anime-tubers.

If you look at his YT channel, all he does is shit on MHA. He rarely talks positively about it, lol.

The non-fan energy is real. Like, damn.

If you look at his YT channel, all he does is shit on MHA. He rarely talks positively about it, lol.

a vsbattle user find out people have different opinions

******** on MHA does give people attention. That's the main reason a lot of people do it.

MHA is popular so a lot of people use it to try and prop up their favorite series.

Back