• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Does Star's giant have weight? It stopped the missiles and halted their momentum but it it's just air.
It'd still be very heavy.

I don't know Star's volume, but a cylinder of air that the size of Star's giant and a radius of 10 meters for a low value. Would weigh over 700+ metric tons. While the heaviest missile I found weighed only 200+ Metric Tons. Cruise Missiles have a weight of 1.5 metric tons.

Anyone willing to guess what shoto quirk awakening is gonna be? Cause am pretty sure no one guessed that phosphor was gonna be a thing for him.

Also, did phosphor nullify dabi both internal and external?

Why does Deku’s profile say:

Mountain level+ with 45% (While inferior, he was capable of injuring Shigaraki's stomach with a kick,

Deku wasn't attacking at 45% in his legs, it was 100%, as he himself says on the very scan.
He says "The last two 100% attacks wrecked my left arm". He threw two left arm punches beforehand. The Wyoming Smash and when he was on Todoroki's Ice.

His leg didn't break from the kick and it was "visually less powerful" than his other two 100% attacks. His kick was 45%.

Why does Deku’s profile say:

Mountain level+ with 45% (While inferior, he was capable of injuring Shigaraki's stomach with a kick,

Deku wasn't attacking at 45% in his legs, it was 100%, as he himself says on the very scan.
If Deku was using 100% in his legs, they would have instantly shattered and he would have had to use Blackwhip to bind them (like he did for his arms, but DIDNT do for his legs)

Looks like people are getting attacked by the Reading Comprehension Devil.
908.jpg

Looks like people are getting attacked by the Reading Comprehension Devil.
Nah, this is an easy detail to miss with Deku going all out, one can assume that everything he was throwing was already at 100%.

Something like people assuming MHA characters without physicals-enhancing Quirk have normal human physicals is the real Reading Comprehension Devil moment, and this still happens somehow.

Question: Do you guys prefer the original power and abilities style, the bolded style, or the bullet point style?

I have a bias towards the bolded and bullet point style, since I find it hard to read the original/default style layout. But I wanted to get other opinions.

Have a proposal for changing up Star and Stripe's powers and ability section, I feel like this makes it easier to read. Assuming this is allowed.

The tabbers can fit all three styles, I'm using the bullet point style because I like it there.

Last edited:
Question: Do you guys prefer the original power and abilities style, the bolded style, or the bullet point style?

I have a bias towards the bolded and bullet point style, since I find it hard to read the original/default style layout. But I wanted to get other opinions.

Have a proposal for changing up Star and Stripe's powers and ability section, I feel like this makes it easier to read. Assuming this is allowed.

The tabbers can fit all three styles, I'm using the bullet point style because I like it there.
I'm fine with bolded and bulleted

The best example I can give for a perfect bulleted profile is Modern Sonics profile tbh

Calebs is also a good way to go about doing bullets

I have a bias towards the new style - being the one who introduced it - but I have to say that the new style looks good on Star and Stripe's profile and I'd support the change.

Prefer the bolded, since the bulleted makes the page long, principally for Phone users, but for the MHA cast it's fine since they have few abilities

"Able to withstand being struck by multiple lasers, which can pierce through Shigaraki, and only received minor damage"

Did they really pierced through him though? Wouldn't the combined laser cause far more damage in that case?

It also means they could have one-shotted him by shooting at his brain, with no hope of regenerating.

God, that's a lot. I shudder to imagine trying to read/understand all of that in the original/default style.

I remember seeing some horrible wall of the same blue text that just blended together.

@Ped

I believe the bulleted style can be made to scroll, that way it wouldn't go down too long. But I'll admit I can't speak for how that'd look on mobile.

Either the bolded or bullet point is fine since they help visually differentiate between power links and characters/feats links

"Able to withstand being struck by multiple lasers, which can pierce through Shigaraki, and only received minor damage"

Did they really pierced through him though? Wouldn't the combined laser cause far more damage in that case?

It also means they could have one-shotted him by shooting at his brain, with no hope of regenerating.
They went through his stomach and he even had to heal from it.

(His head has a skull which is pretty much one of the strongest bones in the body). It's pretty easy to pierce a stomach compared to a head. Also the head is a much smaller target to hit.

Though who knows, Horikoshi does use Shiggy's Regen as an excuse to have him take absurd damage in one scene then in another moment the same thing doesn't do as much damage cause I remember at the end of the fight when Shiggy is exploding from the inside due to New Order, he gets hit by the lasers again and they don't do as much damage as the first time.

Though it also could be simply that the first attack was stronger since all the lasers hit the same spot. Star on the other hand only had to block 1 laser.

The lasers didn’t really straight up pierce Shigaraki, they just scorched him and burnt through his chest. I don’t think it can be used for AP scaling

Though who knows, Horikoshi does use Shiggy's Regen as an excuse to have him take absurd damage in one scene then in another moment the same thing doesn't do as much damage cause I remember at the end of the fight when Shiggy is exploding from the inside due to New Order, he gets hit by the lasers again and they don't do as much damage as the first time.
Ah, the "Invincible" effect where 2 characters could be fighting evenly with each other then one just randomly impale the other with their bare hands but it's okay since everyone can just barely survived and regenerate afterwards

Ah, the "Invincible" effect where 2 characters could be fighting evenly with each other then one just randomly impale the other with their bare hands but it's okay since everyone can just barely survived and regenerate afterwards
This always bugged me about Invincible durability especially when the character getting impaled or punched through was previously drawing blood from their opponent without breaking their bones.

The fights are cool though but it sometimes makes Viltrumite durability feel like paper.

Just realized that we can scale Deku’s reactions and combat speed to Flect Turn’s lasers

The lasers can travel hundreds of meters before Deku’s supersonic running can travel a couple of meters. However, Deku can dodge these beams and react to them, and his 20% should scale above them in speed

Gonna try to calc the lasers

Back