• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

45% is being treated like the new 20%, so it's not something he can just use without consequence. If the pain of 45% limits his movements like 20% did, then using 45% would actually hinder him while dodging her bullets. Since even if he becomes faster, his movements will be much easier to predict, and she's already predicting him.

Bakugo stated Izuku usually uses 45% at the moment of impact, Izuku hasn't hit Nagant yet, and it's very likely he doesn't need 45% to hurt her. Also I'm pretty sure it'd be a bad idea to kick her at 45%, considering she probably wouldn't survive it or would be horribly injured.

30% has been doing just fine, he's been avoiding any major injures, and now he can use Fa Jin for a short burst. Basically, he doesn't need it for this fight as of yet.

INB4 he uses 45% next chapter

There’s someone on Reddit who says Gran Torino and thus Deku are FTL (or at least relativistic) because “they are lightning timers scaling by Nine and Gran Torino outsped Shigaraki’s radio waves” and he absolutely refuses to respond to me every time I ask him to clarify or prove anything he says.

There’s someone on Reddit who says Gran Torino and thus Deku are FTL (or at least relativistic) because “they are lightning timers scaling by Nine and Gran Torino outsped Shigaraki’s radio waves” and he absolutely refuses to respond to me every time I ask him to clarify or prove anything he says.
"Radio wave timing Gran Torino"
Almost fell off my chair reading that, lmao

seems legit.

LMAO, like everything is wrong or inflated to the nth degree.

"Deku and Bakugo take city block level attack from All Might"!? Since when. They just got hit by the air pressure of the attack and not the actual punch itself. And even then, All Might and all the teachers for that matter were massively holding back to give the kids a chance.

Stain is now Mach 6.2 when most characters back then couldn't even break the sound barrier?

Nine is now a lightning timer? It's literally him who was controlling the lightning so he isn't really timing anything. He knows exactly when and where the lightning will strike since he's the one controlling it. It's like saying a character who can shoot lasers is default Light timer or something.

As for the relativistic speeds, it seems he's getting it from treating OFA percentages as some type of multiplier but the reality is Hori probably hasn't done math equations to calculate the differences between percentages prior.

He's probably just estimating and eyeballing it too.

It is neither linear nor exponential nor multiplicative. We can't really estimate 100%'s speed off 30% or 45% using mathematics.

Last edited:

seems legit.

LMAO, like everything is wrong or inflated to the nth degree.

"Deku and Bakugo take city block level attack from All Might"!? Since when. They just got hit by the air pressure of the attack and not the actual punch itself. And even then, All Might and all the teachers for that matter were massively holding back to give the kids a chance.

Stain is now Mach 6.2 when most characters back then couldn't even break the sound barrier?

Nine is now a lightning timer? It's literally him who was controlling the lightning so he isn't really timing anything. It's like saying a character who can shoot lasers is default Lightspeed timer or something.

As for the relativistic speeds, it seems he's getting it from treating OFA percentages as some type of multiplier but the reality is Hori hasn't actually done maybe to calculate the differences between percentages. It is neither linear not exponential not multiplicative. We can't really estimate 100% speed off 30% or 45% using mathematics.

Oh gee....

Let’s have all pro heroes be subsonic to supersonic, including All Might. Everyone in 1-A/B are relativistic at base and all scale to eachother. Mirio and co scale above them and Mirio was said to be closest to being number one so it’s not an outlier and a YouTube video with less than 200 views said he can punch with the force of a nuke because he one shot 8% Deku so it makes sense calc wise.

Let’s have all pro heroes be subsonic to supersonic, including All Might. Everyone in 1-A/B are relativistic at base and all scale to eachother. Mirio and co scale above them and Mirio was said to be closest to being number one so it’s not an outlier and a YouTube video with less than 200 views said he can punch with the force of a nuke because he one shot 8% Deku so it makes sense calc wise.
I mean I watched a YT vid claiming Mirio was Unironically town level because he could harm Kirishima, so not far off

To speak of Mirio, I think that he should have a Paranormal Liberation War Key, where he will be Possibly Low 7-B from taking on a few Near High-Ends.

He could get a "likely higher" at most.
I don't see any reason that Mirio would jump from High 8-C to Low 7-B, that's a massive jump with little to no justifications. Even knocking something back can be argued as more Lifting Strength than AP.

Unless Mirio showcasing better feats/scaling, he will not be getting a second key. He hasn't even been implied to have gotten stronger either.

He did not hurt any of the NHE that scale to Hood, the only time he moved them was when they're already in the air.
His attack against the NHE, while on the ground, didn't even make it flinch. With him implying they'd suffer major/fatal damage from just a single hit.

Yeah, he does not scale at all. I know this is vs_battles scaling but you have to look at things in universe and realistically.

Unless Mirio developed some other technique we don't know about, apart from Phantom Menace, there is no way for him to hurt characters of that calibre and I doubt it would happen without an in-universe explanation.

So far Mirio's weakness is his AP and without a new technique or something, he will always have issues with highly durable opponents.

I agree. Mirio going from High 8-C to Low7-B after getting his Quirk back is nonsense.

Even if he did harm high ends, he's more or less the same as he was during the Yakuza Ark, so it would be an outlier anyway.

I haven't been on this thread in awhile, so I don't know what the current discussion is. However, I wanted to make a quick observation I noticed:

Every time this series introduces a new female character, that character takes over the fanbase.

Why is Horikoshi punching us in the gut like this 😭. I hope Overhaul proves his worth if his quirk was actually remodelled. AFO is pure evil to the bone. He just enjoys stuff like this.

As for ranking the quirks:

Fa Jin is now much higher.
Black Whip is still first to me, Fa Jin is second and Danger Sense is 3rd. Then Float is 4th.

Smokescreen is still last.

Back