• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The barrel of the gun was literally sticking into his gut so it’s only logical that he moved out of the way and then the gun fired. Nagant isn’t trying to kill him. Blasting a hole straight through his gut would definitely kill him.

I must say the latest chapter has really revealed a lot of ugly truths about Hero Society, the chairman indoctrinated Lady Nagant at a young age and made her a secret assassin who would be killed if she chose to resign, like wow that is some deep rooted corruption

Hero Commission has been assassinating potential threats who haven't actually done anything yet on the basis that "we need to keep the idea of vigilantes and heroes being allies alive", like wow, the appearances that have been kept up by Hero Society is amazing

Turns out Hero Society is just as sus as any government 👀
Personally I found the establishment of UA to be extremely sus in itself. What kind of government would have people who aren't adults both mentally and physically constantly train for so many days of their lives, get into giant, cataclysmic, fights with each other, and think its fine for them to engage with people who would have no problem killing them? It is literally youth indoctrination with like eight higher dimensions added to it; it is beyond terrifying.

The fact that the country they live in would allow shit like that is in itself proof that it is fascistic AF. Which, granted, literally every nation-state around the world is in some way or another.

Personally I found the establishment of UA to be extremely sus in itself. What kind of government would have people who aren't adults both mentally and physically constantly train for so many days of their lives, get into giant, cataclysmic, fights with each other, and think its fine for them to engage with people who would have no problem killing them? It is literally youth indoctrination with like eight higher dimensions added to it; it is beyond terrifying.

The fact that the country they live in would allow shit like that is in itself proof that it is fascistic AF. Which, granted, literally every nation-state around the world is in some way or another.
To be fair, a lot of these teenagers are easily Pro level and above

I mean Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki are all easily better than most Pros

It wasn't to stand a chance, it was to absolutely annihilate and kill him. Shigaraki is stronger than 45%, but it is definitely relative to him in speed. 100% stomps Shigaraki into next week, and it wasn't even full cowl 100%, just 100% smashes at 45%.
It was literally said even at 100% deku will still lose and if shigaraki was actually complete and not falling apart he would have slapped deku.

They literally have been assassinating heroes and villains alike to maintain the idea that the hero society was EVER a paradise. It has never been a good world nor a world unbound by logic. This superhuman society doesn’t exist because of good people rising up, but due to shady deals and actions built upon those good people. This world that we initially already knew was not made to be equal for all has been unveiled to be built on the blood and bones of others.

The progression of the unveiling of the truth of Hero Society has been so good. I’m also glad Izuku isn’t crumbling in front of these reveals like people expect from him, as if he should become Eren or something just because he’s exposed to the grey parts of the world. I enjoy that seeing all of this just reaffirms his want to reach out and help.

It was literally said even at 100% deku will still lose and if shigaraki was actually complete and not falling apart he would have slapped deku.
Because Shigaraki can outlast with regen. Shigaraki even says that he has no quirk that can deal with Deku, and implies that even if his body was ready that 100% would beat him up.

If you want to argue “If Shigaraki was complete he would beat Deku at that point,” then I counter with what if Deku had full control over all his quirks and could access 100% perfectly with no drawbacks.

Because Shigaraki can outlast with regen. Shigaraki even says that he has no quirk that can deal with Deku, and implies that even if his body was ready that 100% would beat him up.

If you want to argue “If Shigaraki was complete he would beat Deku at that point,” then I counter with what if Deku had full control over all his quirks and could access 100% perfectly with no drawbacks.
Shigaraki probably had no idea how to use afo because when all for one took over he handled deku no problem. And besides shiggy was shown to be far faster than deku when he had his quirks erased by aizawa.

I just realised that when Nagant tries to shoot Deku point blank, she shoves the bullet through her hand. You can see the bullet on the top left panel.

Proof he dodged at the exact same time it fired? He most likely dodged as she was loading the bullet. The gun wasn’t loaded. This is why we see her put in the bullet.

Also your link doesn’t work.

Proof he dodged at the exact same time it fired? He most likely dodged as she was loading the bullet. The gun wasn’t loaded. This is why we see her put in the bullet.

Also your link doesn’t work.
You mean this panel? There seems to be a bullet already loaded in there, and she could be just preparing another shot. In the next panel it looks like she is still holding that bullet with both hands.

But even if that wasn't the case, the feat is not that impressive anymore, considering it wasn't point-blank.

I fixed the link.

Last edited:
She isn’t the holding the bullet in the panel where he’s dodged. That was the bullet she fired.

Even if not point blank, it’s still way, way, way too close for him to dodge without moving before the actual gunshot.

He wasn't. I'm sorry but he wasn't. Are we all reading the same manga? 45% Deku is explicitly slower and weaker than Shigaraki. He didn't get an advantage till he got Shigaraki in the air with Black Whip.
And since when does being slower make you unable to keep up? Endeavor is also slower than Shigaraki, but he was also able to keep his pace, at least to some extent, he wasn't blitzed.

The same goes for Deku, his 45% is slower than Shigaraki, but he is still fast enough to be able to approach and attack him with 100%, which was only being used on his arms.

To be fair, a lot of these teenagers are easily Pro level and above

I mean Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki are all easily better than most Pros
Does not really matter how strong they are, mentally they are still kids so they very much should not be involved in this sort of shit.

I just realised, at the very beginning of season 2 (or was it 3?) when it showed Deku’s dream with the flames and him going full cowling with “this is how I became the greatest hero”, his outfit is just his current manga outfit minus the Mid Gauntlets. Minus the backpack and cape. So how he was looking in this chapter specifically.

There are dude...the disciples of Atomic Samurai are way faster than anything on the verse although they definitely can't solo the entire verse.

Amai Mask is A class but he is S class strength wise.

Using the rating Metal Bat has he's speed alone is to much aswell. The only way MHA can honestly contend with OPM is in speed equalized matches.

Now don't act like there aren't bad sides for both there was a dude genuinely arguing for All Might against Amazon Omni-Man, and also another one arguing For Deku and Bakugou against Kid Vegeta.

Not even going to bother reading what you typed but you are trying waaaaay too hard to get my attention and are the epitome of a loser if you feel the need to hound someone across 3 different forums. Gonna ignore you now, have fun screaming into the void

Not even going to bother reading what you typed but you are trying waaaaay too hard to get my attention and are the epitome of a loser if you feel the need to hound someone across 3 different forums. Gonna ignore you now, have fun screaming into the void
You maid a claim if you can't respond nor back it up then don't say it dude.
Also insults can get you temp.banned.

Umm... could you please be more polite? Him being excessively persistent in getting your attention about a claim does not give you a pass to be so flagrantly disrespectful to him in public. At least edit your message so that we would not have to witness your dirty banter.

Should really have "block feature" on here, that's the single most redeeming quality about Spacebattle forums is that they have an ignore feature

Should really have "block feature" on here, that's the single most redeeming quality about Spacebattle forums is that they have an ignore feature
Or perhaps you should have kept things private from that point on so that you would not risk making people feel uncomfortable? Anyways, that is it from me. I hope you get what I am trying to say. Just do not let this happen again, please and thank you.

Or perhaps you should have kept things private from that point on so that you would not risk making people feel uncomfortable? Anyways, that is it from me. I hope you get what I am trying to say. Just do not let this happen again, please and thank you.
I don't want to keep things in private and in fact I don't want anything to do with the other user at all, private or public. You know what's risking making people feel uncomfortable? Stalking them across multiple forums, THAT'S making someone feel uncomfortable.

If you go back to the previous page the very first thing he said was

How you doing Rawk? Still banned at spacebattles?

What exactly does this have to do with anything here and how exactly would expect someone to respond to this?

Last edited:
I don't want to keep things in private and in fact I don't want anything to do with the other user at all, private or public. You know what's risking making people feel uncomfortable? Stalking them across multiple forums, THAT'S making someone feel uncomfortable.

If you go back to the previous page the very first thing he said was

. . .

What exactly does this have to do with anything here and how exactly would expect someone to respond to this?
Alright one more I suppose.

Whilst I do sympathize and agree with you that what Clark is doing is not acceptable behavior and must be held accountable, you need to remember that this is a general discussion thread about M.H.A, not a place for you to be talking about punishable offenses from highly bad-faith actors, especially when you say that this happens in other forums/sites. This is something you need to report to the staff of this forum and in others so they can take appropriate action and make this a safe place for you and other people. There should be places where you can go in order to do so, the administrators/others should be able to help you.

This is a serious problem and is not something that can or should be discussed in a general thread like this one.

It IS very disturbing that they are following you across forums to apparently taunt you about a ban. Possibly bannable on this site.
Wow wow wow I'm not stalking anyone I made this account a while back and was genuinely curious why he is here considering he said he doesn't use Vs battle wiki in previous forums...either way this is the same guy that sent a full paragraph calling me a looser on space battles just because I closed a thread that had been already concluded.

Wow wow wow I'm not stalking anyone I made this account a while back and was genuinely curious why he is here considering he said he doesn't use Vs battle wiki in previous forums...either way this is the same guy that sent a full paragraph calling me a looser on space battles just because I closed a thread that had been already concluded.
Don't complain to me about it, you initiated this discussion by calling out his ban in the first place. I could literally care less for why you dislike each other, I'm here to talk about MHA. Discuss it elsewhere or get a mod to fix it. If you don't, I will.

Don't complain to me about it, you initiated this discussion by calling out his ban in the first place. I could literally care less for why you dislike each other, I'm here to talk about MHA. Discuss it elsewhere or get a mod to fix it. If you don't, I will.
I asked him about his ban not really an insult...so am I that's the whole reason if you read the thread I was merely responding to a claim about OPM he made then he got all defensive and called me a loser.

Either way I do agree to stop derailing.

LMAO, there's no need to fight on the main forum. Every response will naturally warrant another and this will go on and on and on.

Anyway, as for the chapter, or at least next chapter, I'm hoping we get more information on Overhaul. There was that databook that said his quirk was "remodelled" in Tartarus but we still have no evidence of that in the manga so I hope we get a clearer answer on that.

He's gonna see Deku and spaz out. He either can use his quirk in a way that doesn't require his hands or is gonna manifest an awakening through sheer hatred breaking through his broken mind of the person that tore everything away from him.

Shigaraki took his hope of helping the boss away, but Deku obliterated literally everything he ever worked to achieve and set Shigaraki up to demolish what was left. I'm pretty sure he hates Deku more than literally anyone else that is alive.

He's gonna see Deku and spaz out. He either can use his quirk in a way that doesn't require his hands or is gonna manifest an awakening through sheer hatred breaking through his broken mind of the person that tore everything away from him.

Shigaraki took his hope of helping the boss away, but Deku obliterated literally everything he ever worked to achieve and set Shigaraki up to demolish what was left. I'm pretty sure he hates Deku more than literally anyone else that is alive.
I doubt he can do anything to be honest...with float and 30% and black whip that should be an easy win.

With Nagant shooting bullets at him? If Chisaki even distracts Deku for a bit, she is taking the shot.
Depends honestly at the speed He is at right now he could blitz Chizaki and one shot him in a fast time frame...that is if he does that I doubt he'll go straight for the blitz against a crippled whom to his current knowledge is quirkless...honestly Deku is at bad position if chisaki tries to do something.

Lady Nagant looked quite out of it in the last panel possibly got distracted by chisaki.

I think next chapter or the next will have something that forces Deku to go 45% Full Cowl cause so far he hasn't done that yet meaning he still hasn't been pushed to his limits.

Back