• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It's called superheated, that's the only thing we can go off of for its temperature.
Which doesn't mean anything.

That's not an official term for a type of plasma, since plasma in general is superheated.

We should go for the minimum temp possible for turning a human into plasma.

Plasma temp varies heavily based on factors I doubt you understand, Number 6's plasma lacks the proof to be rated that high.

His temp should be a reasonable low-end, which I'm unaware of at the moment. I just know that temp is way too high.
Yeah, when going for things with vastly varied values we should always go for the low to mid end to be safe unless the high end has other justification to back it up

Superheated plasma is not a term, and it seems you don't even know what I mean when I say that. That doesn't mean anything for your points, it just shows how little you actually understand what is going on. Apologies for the rudeness but this is actually getting annoying.

You can call any type of plasma superheated, it doesn't mean anything. Superheated is a not a special term that only talks about special plasma.

I think I'm done talking about this with you, I'm actually getting a headache and I don't want to cause issues right now.

Apologies folks. Probably tired of me coming in every other month. Most of this has been addressed, but if I'm directly quoted I'll respond.
This is the issue with powerscaling brain. None of Nagant's words have anything to do with powerscaling. Whether you are for Sub-rel Nagant or not, her words are purely about conveying emotion with the bullets as a metaphor.
She is not actually thinking about powerscaling in that moment but rather her connection with Midoriya.
That would be the opposite of a "power scaling brain". As I'm trying to explain what I believe is being conveyed by the narrative and story, not the possible implication of the feat playing exactly out like you folks decided, ending up at sub-rel speeds. It's an alternative option I think fits the narrative, and it's fine if we disagree.

To me, it would also be wildly more consistent with all the non fan-made calculations or fan-made interpretations we've been provided either through the series, databooks or the creators themselves.
As in characters being around the speed of sound (Iida), somewhat supersonic (Edgeshot's quirk), able to deal with bullets (vigilante references), or in Deku and All Might's case, actually faster than a speeding bullet (Deku replicating All Might with Faux 100%), around the speed of, or faster than jets, etc (Mirko, Hawks, Deku, Shigaraki, etc). But never have we gotten anything alluding to these characters actually being thousands and thousands of times faster than sound.

Did you read the Chapter? It's a regular laser powered by regular electricity from a power plant. All Might even mentions that because of the limitations of technology, he can't do fancy stuff like turning the laser solid or hard like Star and Stripes did.
Any laser in fiction, regardless of source can be far slower than light. All Might can't turn the laser into a solid like Star, as that was done with her quirk. It has nothing to do with the "validity" or speed of the laser. Not only does this laser also "twinkle" just like Aoyama's, but we explicitly see AFO's face light up when looking towards the sky before the laser hits them. This is very clearly not a laser moving at the speed of light. Instead of trying to use it to justify quirkless All Might reacting to LS, I'd say quirkless All Might reacting to it is another clue as to why it's not LS.

Man, it seems like you are arguing for something implausible. Nagant fires 3 bullets and 2 of them take off Shigaraki's hands while he is mid-movement while the other hits him right in the temple.
She doesn't miss a single shot while she was missing shots even against 45% Deku from a much closer range (albeit Danger Sense).
Luck manipulation isn't a power in MHA, and Nagant doesn't actually have a quirk like Snipe's that allows her to home in on her targets. All her hits are through pure skill.
Even if Shigaraki was as slow as a turtle, no one is hitting his hands accurately mid-movement via luck or hopes.
I don't know why you are arguing stuff without precedent.
I've never mentioned something like "luck manipulation", and my stance is simple and clear.
  • Her monologue would not make sense if she's seeing them, and we never get any indication or clues that she's actually seeing them.
    She wouldn't say "Now, let this reach Izuku Midoriya", if she's looking directly at them, and is hitting them within a split second.
    But rather, this is her final hopes of redeeming herself, putting faith and trust in Deku in her last effort, and the rest is up to destiny.

• Rock Lock's coordination is a narrative element that plays into her ability to fire towards them in the first place, with up-to-date details about the enemy's position. Again, something that wouldn't come up if she could just look at them through her scope and fire sub-rel bullets.

• It would be impossible for her to see someone 200 km away from below due to distance and curvature.
Feel free to respond if you'd like, but I'm already smelling the loop.

Last edited:
Because I'm bored and want to talk comparison between the two
Please don't.

As someone who is planning on watching JJK in the near future, I really don't want to have to look out for spoilers in a My Hero Academia thread. I'm amazed that I haven't been spoiled by anything yet. Once I hear Season 2 ends I'm planning on binging the anime and will soon after catch up with the manga.

Please don't.

As someone who is planning on watching JJK in the near future, I really don't want to have to look out for spoilers in a My Hero Academia thread. I'm amazed that I haven't been spoiled by anything yet. Once I hear Season 2 ends I'm planning on binging the anime and will soon after catch up with the manga.
DO NOT go on any social media sites!! People are spoiling JJK like craaazzyy. Also the JJK verse desperately need someone like you rn, that verse is a mess so godspeed my guy

JJK kids fiending for someone to save their verse, I’m weak.

Anyway read Zatch Bell, that’s the next verse I’m probably going to when MHA is over.

Only four profiles? Out of that whole cast? And subsonic+? I’m overhauling that whole verse, it needs some respect. Also it’s sequel is peak so gotta get ready for that.

JJK kids fiending for someone to save their verse, I’m weak.

Anyway read Zatch Bell, that’s the next verse I’m probably going to when MHA is over.

Only four profiles? Out of that whole cast? And subsonic+? I’m overhauling that whole verse, it needs some respect. Also it’s sequel is peak so gotta get ready for that.
Not my fault that my 2 favorite shonen, JJK and CSM, have garbage scaling and calcs :(( Also Konosuba, another peak fiction, need to be treated better as well

Unrelated, but are there any Adventure time fans here, if not that's a banger series and verse with cool characters to check out, can't believe no one did Deku vs Finn when he was still High 7-A

JJK or CSM are probably going to be my next new thing as well, can't decide on which one will be first until I see JJK. Already caught up on Chainsaw Man though.

Zatch Bell is great, already fully caught up to the manga but I need to reread it again, since that was a long time ago. Already did some work on the verse in the past, but I wasn't the best back then and there are tons of issues. But if I'm going back to any old verses I had a hand in, it's going to be my first one.

Adventure Time was cool, but I fell off around the halfway mark and haven't caught up. Not for any reason against the show, I just stopped watching TV in general.

Also the JJK verse desperately need someone like you rn, that verse is a mess so godspeed my guy
Wym? It's in a pretty good state. Was downgraded to relatively accurate speed ratings, albeit outdated for top-tiers and god-tiers. Oh and I think High 7-A might be removed with it generally being lower in tier 7, like Low 7-B and 7-B the way old MHA was on here.

Still pissed about the upgrades to the MHA pages with the sub-relativistic speed and country-level output. But not much I can do against the power of the Vs Battle echo chamber.
You talk about this place being an echo chamber as if the discussion around these topics wasn't so controversial it had to be quarantined into a Staff thread to prevent cluttering, with a very close votation results.

The echo chamber exists in your own head, and it's probably for the best that you get out of it.

JJK or CSM are probably going to be my next new thing as well, can't decide on which one will be first until I see JJK. Already caught up on Chainsaw Man though.
Although I like CSM better, I'd say JJK probably have a more interesting combat oriented verse
Adventure Time was cool, but I fell off around the halfway mark and haven't caught up. Not for any reason against the show, I just stopped watching TV in general
That's a shame, I won't ask you to rewatch it since you already have so much on your plate, but that show probably have one of my favorite world, lore and cast of characters in any shows ever. Season 1-2 is a bit daunting but 3 onwards is absolute peak. Also the calcs and scaling goes crazy, 5-A FTL+ and class Z? Can't imagine how much better it can get with you and Therefir around

The echo chamber exists in your own head, and it's probably for the best that you get out of it.
I've had this discussion on several occasions, in separate threads. It's quite clear that there's a culture on this site that isn't as prominent elsewhere. If you interact with different communities, like ComicVine, SpaceBattles, or the larger Discords spaces, the impression of VsBattles is in large part the same. It's the place to go to see the highest interpretation of characters, not an accurate, grounded or consistent representation.

Zatch Bell is great, already fully caught up to the manga but I need to reread it again, since that was a long time ago. Already did some work on the verse in the past, but I wasn't the best back then and there are tons of issues. But if I'm going back to any old verses I had a hand in, it's going to be my first one.

Adventure Time was cool, but I fell off around the halfway mark and haven't caught up. Not for any reason against the show, I just stopped watching TV in general.
Also Dr.stone

God.

I have over a dozen shows/series in my backlog and that will likely grow in the future. One Piece will be the final boss.
Try Konosuba, calcing every single one of Megumin's explosion will be sure to give you headache. Also just another show with great world and casts, are you starting to see a pattern in my interests

The only reason this website gets that reputation is because it indexes its results, every other battleboarding site does the same thing since its inception. Spacebattles is responsible for a lot of Demonbane chicanery for example, like EGDMB which was debunked in VSBW.

Anyways, this don't matter and just distracts from what actually happened: you specifically addressing the MHA community here, about a specific topic, being an echo-chamber, and pivoted when it was obvious you were bullspeaking. I'm simply telling you to take that attitude elsewhere.

Anyways, this don't matter and just distracts from what actually happened: you specifically addressing the MHA community here, about a specific topic, being an echo-chamber, and pivoted when it was obvious you were bullspeaking. I'm simply telling you to take that attitude elsewhere.
How on earth have I pivoted? I have been engaged in several discussions with this specific community and the gist is that the community overall reinforces ideas while alternative ideas are not considered.

Now, I understand that meritless ideas aren't going to be considered, but some of them, like the High-End scaling being broken, as it's clearly discussing a baseline of a Nomu, not their individual strengths and weaknesses, should be taken seriously. However, the community is at a consensus and has reinforced this idea for a really long time, and nothing can get them to see the mistake, or even the possibility that they relied on a flawed interpretation of a single panel to get as high results as possible.

The last time I discussed this, someone said I spat in Horikoshi's face for suggesting All Might clearly and narratively is stronger than Mirko, due to all of his feats, appearances, narrative, and statements. But a single interpretation of a single panel overwrote all of that, apparently. I think we both remember who. But I digress and think I've proven why it's more than fair for me to have the impression of this being an echo chamber.

Last edited:
I don't like this idea that just because the alternative ideas weren't agreed to, it means they weren't considered at all. The 6-B and Sub-Rel stuff was pretty heavily debated, that much is a fact.
What alternate ideas or other narratively important aspects were considered, at all? To me, during that entire thread, it seemed like it was thrown out (or not even brought up) entirely.

The 6-B results don't make much sense either. As explained in my second post related to this discussion. It was five distinct punches separated by individual shockwaves. This means anyone who could punch as fast or faster than Deku would have a multiplier as well. Unless I misunderstood the argument, but that's what his page currently suggests, and that's how the feat played out.

Last edited:
The 6-B results don't make much sense either. As explained in my second post related to this discussion. It was five distinct punches separated by individual shockwaves. This means anyone who could punch as fast or faster than Deku would have a multiplier as well. Unless I misunderstood the argument, but that's what his page currently suggests, and that's how the feat played out.
Uhhh you’re misinterpreting the feat and scaling.
Deku threw 5 punches yes, thats not why he’s 6-B.
FaJin, a quirk that stores KE, is stated to have charged up from those 5 punches. It’s stated to have stored up the energy of those five punches, so Deku only scales to that rating with FaJin storing KE, not because he threw 5 quick punches.

What do you guys is All Might's next play?

I still remember an interview where Hori said he wanted to draw muscle Might again before the end of the manga.

I also wouldn't mind of after tech fails, he goes the drugs route.

Deku threw 5 punches yes, thats not why he’s 6-B.

FaJin, a quirk that stores KE, is stated to have charged up from those 5 punches. It’s stated to have stored up the energy of those five punches, so Deku only scales to that rating with FaJin storing KE, not because he threw 5 quick punches
I might have misunderstood what you folks were even trying to argue then, but this still just isn't true or accurate based on anything we've been provided in the manga.

Fajin only allows some of the stored energy to be used at once and it takes time and repeated motion to build up that energy. Building up "enough" energy gives him one charge or one use of Fajin. There's no evidence or indication that the energy is 1:1, or rather that 5 of Deku's strongest punches would get stored in an equal amount of energy, then all released at once in another singular attack. All that is stated is that those 5 separate attacks gave him another charge of Fajin. This is quite explicit in these panels.

What do you guys is All Might's next play?
The only one of Class 1-A that he hasn't used yet as Armored All Might: Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight.... AKA a giant explosion to try and take down AFO.

I might have misunderstood what you folks were even trying to argue then, but this still just isn't true or accurate based on anything we've been provided in the manga.
Yes it is, the quirk absorbs the KE of your actions and stores them, that’s the description of the quirk.
Fajin only allows some of the stored energy to be used at once and it takes time and repeated motion to build up that energy.
It doesn’t ONLY allow “some” to be used at a time, he uses however much he stored in that body part. When he did his squats he was constantly using the quirk overtime, and he chose how much of it he was using. Same in his fight with AFO.
Building up "enough" energy gives him one charge or one use of Fajin. There's no evidence or indication that the energy is 1:1, or rather that 5 of Deku's strongest punches would get stored in an equal amount of energy, then all released at once in another singular attack. All that is stated is that those 5 separate attacks gave him another charge of Fajin. This is quite explicit in these panels.
What implies or depicts otherwise, it never states it “stores some” of the energy but it stores the KE of his movements. Claiming it’s not 1:1 require evidence of such otherwise Ocam’s razor depicts that it’s 1:1.
Deku went from barely reacting to these bullets to traveling several hundred meters before the bullet could move a couple centimeters. All this came from him squatting his legs, not even full on blows.
Deku also gained enough energy to blow an entire hole into Shigaraki whereass his previous attacks could not do so. This makes sense with a 5x boost. Do you have any evidence contradicting a linear increase?

Yes it is, the quirk absorbs the KE of your actions and stores them, that’s the description of the quirk.
The description is that it can store kinetic energy by performing repetitive movements. It's never stated that if you punch, or do an action, it stores the exact same energy waiting to be stored and released.
It doesn’t ONLY allow “some” to be used at a time, he uses however much he stored in that body part. When he did his squats he was constantly using the quirk overtime, and he chose how much of it he was using. Same in his fight with AFO.
This isn't true based on what Deku has said. He, after using a serious move, he still had one more "charge" or "use" left. After doing enough movement (quintuple smash), he had another "charge" or "use" again. That's how Fajin is explained throughout the series.
What implies or depicts otherwise, it never states it “stores some” of the energy but it stores the KE of his movements. Claiming it’s not 1:1 require evidence of such otherwise Ocam’s razor depicts that it’s 1:1.
Deku went from barely reacting to these bullets to traveling several hundred meters before the bullet could move a couple centimeters. All this came from him squatting his legs, not even full on blows.
Deku also gained enough energy to blow an entire hole into Shigaraki whereass his previous attacks could not do so. This makes sense with a 5x boost. Do you have any evidence contradicting a linear increase?
No? The opposite is the case. From what we know, Fajin can store some energy based on repeated movement, and when enough, it allows the user another "charge" or "use" of Fajin. As seen in the examples above. This is just based on what we've seen thus far. Now, if you want to claim that this is an exact 1:1 in terms of energy, the onus is obviously on you.

Is it bad that I just found out that there's finally a Team Profile for Team RWBY and want to throw their Low 7-B Key at Deku just to see if he can manage to win that since I know he can beat them individually?

Back