• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Spin, the day you stop being a mouthpiece for weekly to get his opinions on the verse under the guise of needing his guidance will be a happy day. But until then, I will simply slap down all your attempts to get higher numbers with no regards for logic or cohesion.
These are thing I honestly believe and support, these are my own opinions

I literally scale them to island level off site because of downscaling the wizard to prime Ozma instead

These are thing I honestly believe and support, these are my own opinions

I literally scale them to island level off site because of downscaling the wizard to prime Ozma instead
Get out of the thread with RWBY stuff Spin. You and I both know your arguments are not your own even if your beliefs are.

So stop talking about them in a thread unrelated. Topic over.

Get out of the thread with RWBY stuff Spin. You and I both know your arguments are not your own even if your beliefs are.

So stop talking about them in a thread unrelated. Topic over.
Alright, talk about the topic is over (BTW all my post here are all my own, so idk what you're talking about)

So anyways, that mha battle royal game is coming out soon

The description is that it can store kinetic energy by performing repetitive movements. It's never stated that if you punch, or do an action, it stores the exact same energy waiting to be stored and released.
And it doesn’t state that it doesn’t. You’d assume it’d absorb the energy of whatever action you did. It states it stores the energy of repeated movements, not that it absorbs some or partial, but it absorbs the energy of whatever you’re doing. By that statement alone you’d conclude that it’s storing the energy of whatever you’re doing. You don’t assume it’s doing something it’s not stated to do.
This isn't true based on what Deku has said. He, after using a serious move, he still had one more "charge" or "use" left. After doing enough movement (quintuple smash), he had another "charge" or "use" again. That's how Fajin is explained throughout the series.
… Huh? Deku charged it up, yes. Nobody disagrees with that. What exactly are you arguing. Deku can choose how much to use or use it whenever.
When he first attacked Shigaraki he stored some into Black whip, when he first used a punch against Shigaraki it clearly wasn’t as strong as his final punch. When he fought Lady Nagant he built some energy just by squating, and while being fast by using it, he wasn’t at blitzing speeds like when he caught her bullet. I don’t see why this matters.
No? The opposite is the case. From what we know, Fajin can store some energy based on repeated movement, and when enough, it allows the user another "charge" or "use" of Fajin. As seen in the examples above. This is just based on what we've seen thus far. Now, if you want to claim that this is an exact 1:1 in terms of energy, the onus is obviously on you.
It never states it stores some, it says it stored THE ENERGY of those movements, not some. Not partial. Not a bit. It’s that simple.

Honestly seeing Spinoirr getting literally whipped by King is literally Just the team RWBY vs 30% thread in a nutshell (cause that‘s what happened last time in all the RWBY vs MHA threads I’ve read through) so I’m all for getting it early

30% Deku vs The New Kid from the South Park games with all of his powers and abilities from Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole combined...

And it doesn’t state that it doesn’t. You’d assume it’d absorb the energy of whatever action you did. It states it stores the energy of repeated movements, not that it absorbs some or partial, but it absorbs the energy of whatever you’re doing. By that statement alone you’d conclude that it’s storing the energy of whatever you’re doing. You don’t assume it’s doing something it’s not stated to do.
We see Deku build up "charges" through repeated movement, such as doing jumping jacks, or with the quintuple smash, which requires him to move his hand back and forth 5 times. Those anaerobic actions give him enough energy for another charge. If he has enough energy, he can have several charges, as seen and explained against Nagant. This means Fajin requires a set amount of repeated movement and stored-up energy for a singular use. This established further with faux 100% and 120%.

There's nothing here indicating or suggesting that something like the impact of 5 all-out punches would all be combined into another singular punch (5 would even be arbitrary if that was the case, and the percentages Deku mentions would make no sense). What is indicated is that enough repeated movement provides another charge or use of Fajin, plain and simple.

… Huh? Deku charged it up, yes. Nobody disagrees with that. What exactly are you arguing. Deku can choose how much to use or use it whenever.
When he first attacked Shigaraki he stored some into Black whip, when he first used a punch against Shigaraki it clearly wasn’t as strong as his final punch. When he fought Lady Nagant he built some energy just by squating, and while being fast by using it, he wasn’t at blitzing speeds like when he caught her bullet. I don’t see why this matters.
Deku can't choose any amount of energy. He needs to build up enough energy for a single charge, as explained against Shigaraki, and if he has enough energy stored, he can even have multiple charges or uses left as explained against Nagant. Panels of his comments against Nagant and Shigaraki.

To solidify that Fajin works like this, Deku is explicitly using it to achieve faux 100% and 120%. Not x amount of multipliers based on an equal amount of actions taken.

This means the 5x multiplier (again, completely arbitrary) doesn't have merit.

Last edited:
Not happening until we accept the laser as lightspeed. I'll tell you all right now, it lacks the needed evidence.

Being technology or charged by electricity isn't proof of lightspeed. After all, what did you think Jet laser's were powered by, pixie dust?

The jet laser's have more "proof" since laser tech exist in the United States' military, but they are still not considered to be lightspeed.

The wiki's standard on this are rightfully strict.

Not happening until we accept the laser as lightspeed. I'll tell you all right now, it lacks the needed evidence.

Being technology or charged by electricity isn't proof of lightspeed. After all, what did you think Jet laser's were powered by, pixie dust?

The jet laser's have more "proof" since laser tech exist in the United States' military, but they are still not considered to be lightspeed.

The wiki's standard on this are rightfully strict.
I would think it fulfills enough evidence?

It refracts like a normal laser would (as shown with AM using the resin to reduce the heat (thus reducing the light at the same time)

Is obviously light (referred to as an electric lamp)

Realistic source (electric lamp, electric powered laser)

You would think that 3 conditions being fulfilled is enough to qualify as lightspeed

Also according to the wiki page on lightspeed requirements, verses that are already close to lightspeed have less of a burden on proving lightspeed for a laser

MHA is already in Sub-Relativistic territory, so if a CRT were to be made I am confident it would be accepted

It's not obviously light. The term doesn't mean anything since it isn't a lamp. It's just charged by an electric current.

It's not a realistic source, this term is meant to be literal, meaning it has to exist in real life as is.

The Jet Lasers don't count for this either because jet lasers like that don't exist.

The optical resin is actually something I didn't consider. That's actual thing used in glasses, which is a realistic reflection source.

However, a thread would still need to be made about this topic. But please not now, there is already so much going on already.

No, I don't
Iirc, they were in the Rel to FTL range for a generic laser feat with little to no justification just because. King saw that and bonked the verse down to Supersonic. I don't want something like that to happen to Mha down the line, better to be safe than sorry

I definitely agree with being a bit strict on lightspeed requirements for some of MHA’s stuff (Aoyama’s quirk, Flect’s lasers) but I feel that the All Might laser has genuine arguments for being LS

When all settles down I’ll make a CRT to get it accepted for lightspeed

Guess this is the final plea before I go in hiding and start lurking again.

@TheRustyOne & @Damage3245

What are your thoughts on the arguments in this post?
I feel like the charges, uses, and refills of fajin and 100% and 120% with fajin disproves the idea of it being some sort of (non-arbitrary) multiplier.
When the user has stored up enough energy, they can use the quirk for added power. That's it.

Also, can't find the official chapter containing the map anymore.

Last edited:
Sub Rela/FTL Deku taking more than 2 minutes to cross part of the ocean is interesting
MFTL+ Dragon Ball can talk and have conversations as they fight, clearly need to be downgraded to Transonic
MHS+ through FTL Naruto talk and have conversations as they fight, clearly need to be downgraded to Transonic
It’s manga, it’s fiction, there are inconsistencies

MFTL+ Dragon Ball can talk as they fight, clearly need to be downgraded to Transonic
MHS+ through FTL Naruto talk as they fight, clearly need to be downgraded to Transonic
It’s manga, it’s fiction, there are inconsistencies
Why so dishonest?
They said:
Sub Rela/FTL Deku taking more than 2 minutes to cross part of the ocean is interesting
Moreover, the reason why you think they're sub-rel is literally because you believe Deku traveled faster than a sub-rel bullet.

It's more than fair for someone critical to think that's concerningly inconsistent and doesn't make much sense.

I swear, you people only comment to complain.
Yeah, let's make sure we get none of that going forward folks! That's the best way to move forward. FTL continent-level, here we come.

Why so dishonest?
It’s not dishonest, it’s a fact that manga’s have inconsistencies, like all fiction, and expecting the author to always treat their characters at a certain level makes it less of a story and more of a book of stats. This wouldn’t change even if we kept Deku as High hypersonic like it was before, it would only take 2 minutes if his top speed was below Mach 13 MAX (4.85 for 200 km ~12.8 for 514 km) for both calculations of the distance he’d have to travel.
They said:

The reason why you think they're sub-rel is literally because you believe Deku traveled faster than a sub-rel bullet.
It's more than fair to think that's concerningly inconsistent and doesn't make much sense.
Is that we treat that as his combat / reaction speed, not his movement speed, he in 45% could catch those bullets, that's Why he scales, and that’s why the people above him scale

FTL Naruto but he can’t instantly be wherever he wants on his planet.

MFTL Asta but he can’t instantly be where he wants

FTL Link but he can’t speed run his destinations.

FTL One Piece but no one runs across the world to get the One Piece.
Why so dishonest?
They said:

The reason why you think they're sub-rel is literally because you believe Deku traveled faster than a sub-rel bullet.
It's more than fair to think that's concerningly inconsistent and doesn't make much sense.
They’re sub-rel for dodging the bullets not moving faster than them with their travel speed, and if we did have anyone faster than them, that would only apply to Faux 100%/Prime AM characters anyway. And Deku isn’t going all out to get to UA across the ocean because the 2nd told him not to, he’s not even using 100% while he’s traveling. With Faux 100% speed, he would have crossed 200km instantly, as he himself said he would.

Travel speed in fiction is a meme.

It’s not dishonest, it’s a fact that manga’s have inconsistencies, like all fiction, and expecting the author to always treat their characters at a certain level makes it less of a story and more of a book of stats. This wouldn’t change even if we kept Deku as High hypersonic like it was before, it would only take 2 minutes if his top speed was below Mach 13 MAX (4.85 for 200 km ~12.8 for 514 km) for both calculations of the distance he’d have to travel.
That's not what he brought up. He finds it inconsistent, and not well substantiated that it's being asserting they are able to fight/react/move at sub-relativistic speeds.
Is that we treat that as his combat / reaction speed, not his movement speed, he in 45% could catch those bullets, that's Why he scales, and that’s why the people above him scale
Sure, but do you accept or understand, that if we suggest Nagant's bullets genuinely are sub-relativistic, and Deku outpaced (not only reacted) it, he'd have a travel and movement speed above said bullet?

FTL Naruto but he can’t instantly be wherever he wants on his planet.
MFTL Asta but he can’t instantly be where he wants
FTL Link but he can’t speed run his destinations.
FTL One Piece but no one runs across the world to get the One Piece.
Well, I would obviously contend with a lot of those feats as well. But in this instance, we have Deku very clearly outpacing the specific attack at the speed we're debating.

They’re sub-rel for dodging the bullets not moving faster than them with their travel speed, and if we did have anyone faster than them, that would only apply to Faux 100%/Prime AM characters anyway.
Let's apply it to Deku to test more consistency. More on this below.

And Deku isn’t going all out to get to UA across the ocean because the 2nd told him not to
The second user told him not to use his quirk prematurely.

he’s not even using 100% while he’s traveling. With Faux 100% speed, he would have crossed 200km instantly, as he himself said he would
The official translation is that faux 100% would do the trick. Thanatoseraph and others well versed in Japanese have stated it means traveling with faux 100% would get him there quicker, but he has nothing to grab onto. When the jets finally arrive, they line up for him to use it repeatedly, not once. That aside, if Deku with faux 100% could launch himself faster than Nagant's bullet before starting to traverse the sea, he'd cross it right away. But that was never the issue, the issue is the lack of anything to grab onto the ocean.

Last edited:
InvisibleInternetMan

There wasn't a timeframe for how long Izuku took beyond a non canon browser game to my knowledge. The timeframe can be more or less than 2 minutes.

Regardless, we're planning to separate movement speed from reaction/combat speed at some point. Izuku also states that Faux 100% would let him travel that distance instantly. Which isn't really inconsistent depending on what he means there. Obviously he doesn't have infinite speed, just that he'd get there faster by a lot.

Considering what Lady Nagant's bullets can do over hundreds of KM and his Faux 100% can outpace them by a lot. That isn't too surprising even when ignoring our calcs.

However, this kind of problem exist in a large amount of verses on this wiki if you look hard enough. There will always be inconsistencies regardless of how you scale someone. There is no way to make everything fit perfectly since the author writing a story has zero reason to care about scaling, speed, or power levels.

They just write what they think makes sense to them in at moment.

To add onto what I said, Deku’s Faux 100%, which only has the implications of being as fast as all might in the past, blitzed Nagant’s sniper bullets, and at a minimum of 3000 fps (most sites say it’s a good rule of thumb), it would be statistically impossible for him to catch it should he be at Mach 13 or below

The travel of the ocean was him saying that he was slower then his faux 100% in this scene by a significant margin, and that he would not arrive in time for the fight, and in a moment that explained to us the audience, why he wasn’t showing up and the stakes of the people at UA being alone.
That's not what he brought up. He finds it inconsistent, and not well substantiated that it's being asserting they are able to fight/react/move at sub-relativistic speeds.
Again, it’s only fight and react, not move, we’d also apply this to several other verses, and with Shigaraki himself fighting S&S, who at the moment can seemingly react to military lasers (which are photon in nature), it applies more to the sub relativistic qualities
Sure, but do you accept or understand, that if we suggest Nagant's bullets genuinely are sub-relativistic, and Deku outpaced (not only reacted) them, he'd have a travel and movement speed above said bullet?
That would only apply to the tier of Faux 100% and Prime AM, he powered up to fight Shigaraki, his hair spiking back and the OFA aura we know popping up, signifying he was not at full power when he was traveling, Which makes sense for his character

And look at what I said above in the first faux 100% usage

Y’all realize literally EVERY single verse has inconsistencies with speed. Do we seriously think that One Piece fodder can run at Relativistic to FTL speeds, even though flintlock bullets are a threat in the verse? Do we seriously have Asta as 12000x FTL off of a single lightspeed feat that didn’t even come from him?

When you consider the stupid stuff that a lot of verses get away with, MHA’s travel speed problem isn’t that bad

However, this kind of problem exist in a large amount of verses on this wiki if you look hard enough. There will always be inconsistencies regardless of how you scale someone. There is no way to make everything fit perfectly since the author writing a story has zero reason to care about scaling, speed, or power levels.

They just write what they think makes sense to them in at moment.
This part is fair. I disagree with a lot of the rest.
Don't wanna dominate the threads percentage-wise.

Last edited:
Y’all realize literally EVERY single verse has inconsistencies with speed. Do we seriously think that One Piece fodder can run at Relativistic to FTL speeds, even though flintlock bullets are a threat in the verse? Do we seriously have Asta as 12000x FTL off of a single lightspeed feat that didn’t even come from him?

When you consider the stupid stuff that a lot of verses get away with, MHA’s travel speed problem isn’t that bad

Ever consider that Black Clover might just be wanked?

Back