• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Also AFO used different types of quirks against Endeavor compared to Kamino where he mostly spammed strength & statistics amplification quirks.

If we are talking about pure physical strength, then nothing current AFO had done compares to the Ultimate Quirk Combination which is composed solely of power and strength amplification abilities.

In the current war, AFO also got nerfed twice:

- 1. Breaking his helmet making it so "his body wouldn't listen to him" unlike in Kamino where he kept fighting just fine for a while by after his helmet was damaged.

- 2. The Quirk Rebellion induced by Jirou and the fact that he apparently has weaker authority over the quirks with the copy of AFO.

Both of these weaknesses were not a factor in Kamino.

Question, in the scaling thread Rewind AFO is agreed to be inferior to Prime AFO because he doesn’t have the same quirks but doesn’t this change if he DOES have the glowing child’s quirk?

This implies that he does indeed have all of his quirks and should scale to his Prime self which would change things right?
We don't even know if it is the glowing child quirk. So far it is an assumption made by fans.

Same way anything about Prime AFO is an assumption.

Now personally, I do think Hori intends them to be at least relative and I think that's the general consensus.

But what people are arguing, is that unlike Prime All Might where we have multiple statements of comparison (Deku & Shigaraki), multipliers (current debate), and flashbacks of him using his powers (Two Heroes, Vigilantes), everything about Prime AFO is an assumption.

We actually don't know much about him. Even in Vigilantes all we see is one scene of him using the Long Arm quirk to subdue an early stage Hood.

We don't know what quirks he had, what his fighting style was, etc. We just speculate cause he injured All Might. But we don't even know how he accomplished that. It's just speculation after speculation, one assumption after another.

Even though the assumption that Prime AFO = Prime All Might is likely real, it's just an assumption without much tangible/seeable evidence in the manga.

Stain should get enhanced sense of smell or something like that. He can differentiate between All Might and AFO's blood based on having smelled All Might in Kamino.

Also AFO can use his quirks even when paralyzed through the "Forced Quirk Activation" quirk he used on Magne.

Also another tidbit: "Stain says he just has to lick the blood again, but AFO also used "antigen modification" to change his blood's composition. Fleeing without leaving evidences is how he stayed in the shadows for all these years, after all. A mouth then comes out of his back and bites Stain #MHA401"

Last edited:
Kamino AFO and pre-rewind AFO are pretty much the same.
That’s what we’re shown to some degree yeah, but their quirks have shown some differences.
Rivet Stab is also the same. It's just that Rivet Stab is a threat to characters like Endeavor due to their low durability compared to All Might.
That’s my issue, this AFO and All Might are both weaker than Tomura during the war.
Endeavor can take attacks from Tomura, air canon attacks, kicks, etc. He’s durable enough to survive these attacks.
Yet, the Rivet stab is strong enough to tear off his arm.
This creates contradictions when you realize that he should more durable than this weakened All Might. He also uses a giant spike ball which he has never shown before. We know quirk amplifies can increase the potency of a quirk and that’s what I think this is.
All Might can tank Rivet Stab with his bare body while the likes of Endeavor, Hawks, etc can't.
This is goofy to me.

Also AFO used different types of quirks against Endeavor compared to Kamino where he mostly spammed strength & statistics amplification quirks.
True, that’s were my issue comes in. He’s aware of Endeavors strengths, and firepower, he KNOWS Endeavor can kill him. It makes no sense for him to not attack him with his strongest attacks (shown in his Kamino fight) unless he possessed something superior.
If we are talking about pure physical strength, then nothing current AFO had done compares to the Ultimate Quirk Combination which is composed solely of power and strength amplification abilities.
That’s only assuming he hasn’t gotten different quirks which could change this interpretation.
In the current war, AFO also got nerfed twice:

- 1. Breaking his helmet making it so "his body wouldn't listen to him" unlike in Kamino where he kept fighting just fine for a while by after his helmet was damaged.

- 2. The Quirk Rebellion induced by Jirou and the fact that he apparently has weaker authority over the quirks with the copy of AFO.

Both of these weaknesses were not a factor in Kamino.
This is true, but this doesn’t affect the early stages of the fight.
He has a different aircanon quirk, against Jirou he showcased a far more advanced aircanon than even his current one, barrier quirks, etc. A lot of stuff he hasn’t shown before.
He’s attempting to kill Endeavor so it makes no sense for him to use quirks he didn’t use against AM (where he was actively trying to weaken him because he knew AM was superior to him) if these quirks weren’t stronger than the ones used before.

I’m talking about the manga though.
In the manga when he punches them we see what looks like blood coming off of them. Rusty said we shouldn’t take this serious but the only times we see this is when someone is hurt from an attack, I’ll have to check.

Im not talking about the anime 😭

LOL I laughed at this far more than I should have

That’s what we’re shown to some degree yeah, but their quirks have shown some differences.

That’s my issue, this AFO and All Might are both weaker than Tomura during the war.
Endeavor can take attacks from Tomura, air canon attacks, kicks, etc. He’s durable enough to survive these attacks.
Yet, the Rivet stab is strong enough to tear off his arm.
This creates contradictions when you realize that he should more durable than this weakened All Might. He also uses a giant spike ball which he has never shown before. We know quirk amplifies can increase the potency of a quirk and that’s what I think this is.

This is goofy to me.

True, that’s were my issue comes in. He’s aware of Endeavors strengths, and firepower, he KNOWS Endeavor can kill him. It makes no sense for him to not attack him with his strongest attacks (shown in his Kamino fight) unless he possessed something superior.

That’s only assuming he hasn’t gotten different quirks which could change this interpretation.

This is true, but this doesn’t affect the early stages of the fight.
He has a different aircanon quirk, against Jirou he showcased a far more advanced aircanon than even his current one, barrier quirks, etc. A lot of stuff he hasn’t shown before.
He’s attempting to kill Endeavor so it makes no sense for him to use quirks he didn’t use against AM (where he was actively trying to weaken him because he knew AM was superior to him) if these quirks weren’t stronger than the ones used before.
I don't know how to quote small parts of a comment so I will just address what I can.

1. Endeavor's durability - just think of it as Spider-Man vs Superman or Wonder Woman vs Hulk. Endeavor dodges even nail guns let alone Rivet Stab. You will see a lot of blunt force durability feats from Endeavor but at the end of the day he isn't Kirishima or All Might.

Endeavor is not more durable than All Might. I know scaling çhains get crazy on here but just read the manga yourself. This is a powerscaling fansite, don't let it dictate stuff for you.

At the end of the superdurability is not part of Endeavor's defined powerset.

2. AFO's choice of quirks depends on the matchup - All Might is a bruiser so he used physical quirks.

Against Endeavor, even with Hard Fan Flame, he couldn't defend against Endeavor's heat let alone if he just decided to focus on physical abilities.

But even then AFO still took Endeavor down in a few moves plus some added taunting. And by the time Endeavor made a come back, AFO had already received the nerfs while Endeavor was buffed by the whole "wounded hero" thing.

Well there’s 2 ways this can go.

Either we cut back to see some of Deku vs Shigaraki, then AFO jumps in and just starts ******* up their 1v1.

Or he tries to come in first thing next chapter to connect to his Vestige thinking he’s in control, just for Deku and Shigaraki to stop fighting and instead start beating his ass.

Stain prob not dead he needs All Might to kill him. IDK if AM is even gonna die anymore since he physically can’t get back in the fight without his legs working. Maybe if AFO/Shiggy launch an attack at him to distract Deku he’ll die, but his chance to get taken out vs AFO is kinda done. He survived the fight, just gotta live the war.

Bro is gonna be wheelchair bound for the rest of his life tho, he is COOKED.

Well there’s 2 ways this can go.

Either we cut back to see some of Deku vs Shigaraki, then AFO jumps in and just starts ***** up their 1v1.

Or he tries to come in first thing next chapter to connect to his Vestige thinking he’s in control, just for Deku and Shigaraki to stop fighting and instead start beating his ass.

Stain prob not dead he needs All Might to kill him. IDK if AM is even gonna die anymore since he physically can’t get back in the fight without his legs working. Maybe if AFO/Shiggy launch an attack at him to distract Deku he’ll die, but his chance to get taken out vs AFO is kinda done. He survived the fight, just gotta live the war.

Bro is gonna be wheelchair bound for the rest of his life tho, he is COOKED.
POV You're All Might:

It is beautiful.
beautiful.png

You can but bro is getting upgraded AGAIN when Rusty’s other calc gets evaluated. Just as a heads up.
Don't hold your breath on that, not certain about my calculation anymore due to something I've realized.

Best to act like it doesn't exist for the time being.

Hey! At least yall have a series that's still running! And anime that will go on way longer! Mashle has already ended a few months ago, and only has 3 more seasons at best before its anime ends.
The day Rusty, Therefir, King and Damage catch-up(if they haven't already) and migrate to CSM and JJK after MHA ends is the day i'll die a happy man

1. Toshinori is currently Quirkless and fought using a super-suit.
  2. Toshinori is alive yet.
🥱
With a high-tech suit that has multiple abilities. So being quirkless in the case is certainly better than 99.99% of actual pro-heroes anyway lmao

and All Might barely alive. Missing an arm and heavily beat up. Definitely think he might even get tortured

though the best part imo is that mha actually shows afo beating up all might. Jjk off-screened gojo

Back