• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I’m making a Heat Resistance/Todoroki Fam thread, idk wtf everyone scales to but I’m pretty sure AM punching Six’s clones is over a million degrees Celsius and we are trolling not using that.

Also means that Shoto vs Natsu thread would’ve been a slap for Shoto but whatever
Also Bakugo and Deku, Denki getting lightning level heat resistance

Also Bakugo and Deku, Denki getting lightning level heat resistance
True! They were exposed to it for a really long time too. Including inside Nine's lightning tornado.

Still pissed about the upgrades to the MHA pages with the sub-relativistic speed and country-level output. But not much I can do against the power of the Vs Battle echo chamber.

wdym? do u disagree with the upgrades?
Yeah, I've been quite explicit that I think the narrative tells us that Nagant is shooting with faith in Izuku, leaving it up to destiny itself. That's what this panel means. "Let this reach Izuku Midoriya", which is something she wouldn't say or think if she saw the target and was shooting it at sub-rel speeds. And mathematically and scientifically, she's not going to see them (distance and curvature). But we already know she doesn't, as she relies on the coordinates provided by Rock Lock.

As for the country-level output, I don't think the AP if an individual attack should be combined into something else, regardless of how fast it is. The current idea is that the quintuple smash is his previous strongest app, but x5. However, it's still just 5 quick strikes. With the same logic, anyone as fast or faster than Deku could do the same and have the AP behind their punch multiplied by 5 (or a lot more). It's just a bad concept overall. We even see the strikes being separated with individual shockwaves.

Then again, I've expressed this repeatedly, and while people elsewhere seem to understand and agree, VsBattles is no fan 🥲

So… she, with faith, is shooting 3 bullets with perfect accuracy at a tiny target and not only hitting him correctly but so on point that she manages to stop both his attempts to touch the ground by only shooting his hands and even hitting his head for a kill shot… ok.

And wdym mountain level? What does that matter to their AP?

And what is that reasoning for Fa Jin? It stores energy. If he punches, the energy of his punch is stored. So if he then punches with that energy, he punches with 2x force. Idk what the issue is there unless you’re misunderstanding how it works.

Also “echo chamber” when this shit gets hotly debated and we have multiple threads discussing stuff to have even gotten to this point. Sure man, whatever you say.

So… she, with faith, is shooting 3 bullets with perfect accuracy at a tiny target and not only hitting him correctly but so on point that she manages to stop both his attempts to touch the ground by only shooting his hands and even hitting his head for a kill shot… ok.
She explicitly says: "Let this reach Izuku Midoriya". She would not say this if she was looking at them, and hitting them at sub-rel speeds. The distance between them, curvature, and the importance of Rock Locks coordinates reinforce this. I made a thread about this months ago and didn't get any real counterarguments, besides a consensus from users on this site engaged on MHA. This is what I'm talking about when I say echo chamber.
And wdym mountain level? What does that matter to their AP?
Sorry, "country level".
And what is that reasoning for Fa Jin? It stores energy. If he punches, the energy of his punch is stored. So if he then punches with that energy, he punches with 2x force. Idk what the issue is there unless you’re misunderstanding how it works.
We very clearly see 5 individual shockwaves, meaning five individual punches. The current line on his page is as follows:
"Fa Jin is capable of accumulating the energy of five hits and releasing all of that power in one attack"
But as stated, explained, and explicitly seen, it's not his power x5. It's 5 individual punches. Any character with equal or greater speed could do the same.

She explicitly says: "Let this reach Izuku Midoriya". She would not say this if she was looking at them, and hitting them at sub-rel speeds. The distance between them, curvature, and the importance of Rock Locks coordinates reinforces this.

Sorry, "country level".

We very clearly see 5 individual shockwaves, meaning five individual punches. The current line on his page is as follows:
"Fa Jin is capable of accumulating the energy of five hits and releasing all of that power in one attack"
…she’s talking about her feeling and emotions. They’re flying with her bullet. It’s metaphorical, and that’s her THIRD bullet. That doesn’t explain the other two.

Uh, yeah. He punches him 5 times. So that stores 5 punches. Then he uses Overdrivec which is just Fa Jin from those 5 punches.

…she’s talking about her feeling and emotions. They’re flying with her bullet. It’s metaphorical, and that’s her THIRD bullet. That doesn’t explain the other two.
This is just wrong. She is provided coordinates by Rock Lock, and this has importance story-wise. She never sees them and we're given no indication of such. She shouldn't be able to see them due to distance and curvature. And the final touch is her saying "Let this reach Izuku Midorya". You can say this is emotional or not, I'd probably agree. But her comment would make NO SENSE if she was looking directly at them through her scope and firing and hitting specific targets at sub-rel speeds.

This is just wrong. She is provided coordinates by Rock Lock, and this has importance story-wise. She never sees them and we're given no indication of such. She shouldn't be able to see them due to distance and curvature. And the final touch is her saying "Let this reach Izuku Midorya". You can say this is emotional or not, I'd probably agree. But her comment would make NO SENSE if she was looking directly at them through her scope and firing and hitting specific targets at sub-rel speeds.

She is very clearly using the bullet as a metaphor for how she feels. She’s happy he and Hawks reminded her of her hope, and is therefore claiming that this bullet will reach him. “To Izuku Midoriya from Lady Nagant.” It’s her thanks, her help, her contribution.

Reducing it to her just going “oh golly gee I sure hope this hits!!!!” is tone deaf and ignoring context.

But you do you homie.

Unless you can show me in what chapter they placed a tracking chip on shigarakis hand then this doesn't matter. Rock Locks coordinates would just give nagant a general idea of where they are at. She would need to by herself aim at shigarakis hand.

She is very clearly using the bullet as a metaphor for how she feels. She’s happy he and Hawks reminded her of her hope, and is therefore claiming that this bullet will reach him. “To Izuku Midoriya from Lady Nagant.” It’s her thanks, her help, her contribution.
Reducing it to her just going “oh golly gee I sure hope this hits!!!!” is tone deaf and ignoring context.

Again, I agree that she's using her bullets as a metaphor for how she feels, and her way to impact the heroes in their final battle.
But that specific statement I've mentioned makes no sense if she was looking directly at them through her scope and firing and hitting specific targets at sub-rel speeds. Not only do we never get any indication of her seeing them, but we get the contrary, as Rock Lock's coordination had a significant role in her ability to contribute to firing the bullets, which wouldn't be required if she's seeing them and is firing directly at them. Simultaneously, she wouldn't be seeing any person standing on a horizontal platform 200km away.

Again, I agree that she's using her bullets as a metaphor for how she feels, and her way to impact the heroes in their final battle.
But that specific statement I've mentioned makes no sense if she was looking directly at them through her scope and firing and hitting specific targets at sub-rel speeds. Not only do we never get any indication of her seeing them, but we get the contrary, as Rock Lock's coordination had a significant role in her ability to contribute to firing the bullets, which wouldn't be required if she's seeing them and is firing directly at them. Simultaneously, she wouldn't be seeing any person standing on a horizontal platform 200km away.
Again, show me in what chapter they placed a tracking chip on shigarakis hands because otherwirse all Rock Locks coordinates did is give a her a general idea where to look at. Also, she's on a tall building and shigaraki and deku are also high in the air, so that explains how she could see them.

Unless you can show me in what chapter they placed a tracking chip on shigarakis hand then this doesn't matter. Rock Locks coordinates would just give nagant a general idea of where they are at. She would need to by herself aim at shigarakis hand.
Rock Lock specifically says his tracker is up to date on UA's location and the enemy's position.
Again, show me in what chapter they placed a tracking chip on shigarakis hands because otherwirse all Rock Locks coordinates did is give a her a general idea where to look at. Also, she's on a tall building and shigaraki and deku are also high in the air, so that explains how she could see them.
My idea is that she's firing the bullets based on the up-to-date tracking provided to her by Rock Lock. That she's hoping, and praying for it to have a real impact, which it does. Meanwhile, there's no indication that she actually sees them, and she really shouldn't be able too at that distance. This also contextualizes her statement.

Last edited:
Rock Lock specifically says his tracker it's up to date on UA's location and the enemy's position.
Yeah UA, where shigaraki is. But how is she able to hit him and let alone directly his moving hand? Multiple times even??? Like are you suggesting Nagant has luck manipulation or something and managed to hit shigaraki directly where she wanted and needed to 3 times in a row???

Yeah UA, where shigaraki is. But how is she able to hit him and let alone directly his moving hand? Multiple times even??? Like are you suggesting Nagant has luck manipulation or something and managed to hit shigaraki directly where she wanted and needed to 3 times in a row???
Answered this above. Not "luck manipulation" or other VsBattles lingo. Just literally her firing her last bullets, hoping and wishing they have an impact on the hero's final efforts, and they do. Again, she doesn't see them, this is heavily reinforced by what I've been repeating several times over.

Now, if we take a step back. Would it make sense if these characters weren't sub-rel, or would that be inconsistent? Maybe there's merit in a different alternative?

Answered this above. Not "luck manipulation" or other VsBattles lingo. Just literally her firing her last bullets, hoping they have an impact on the hero's final efforts, and they do. Again, she doesn't see them, this is heavily reinforced by what I've been repeating several times over.

Now, if we take a step back. Would it make sense if these characters weren't sub-rel, or would that be inconsistent? Maybe there's merit in a different alternative?
So how tf is she hitting his hand while he's moving it, multiple times??? The logical and most reasonable conclusion through Occam's razor is that she aimed and shot deliberately. Also that would be shit writing if she just got super duper lucky for no reason.

And sub-rel makes sense.

They're probably higher tbh

So how tf is she hitting his hand while his moving it, multiple times??? The logical and most reasonable conclusion through Occam's razor is that she aimed and shot deliberately. Also that would be shit writing if she just got super duper lucky for no reason.
We can sit here and think about odds and "luck".
But narratively, it's presented as destiny, faith, and her last efforts having a real impact in the final battle against evil.

And sub-rel makes sense.

They're probably higher tbh
This specific interpretation of this specific instance aside. What would else alludes to this?

We can sit here and think about odds and "luck".
But narratively, it's presented as destiny, faith, and her last efforts having a real impact in the final battle against evil.

This specific interpretation of this specific instance aside. What would else alludes to this?
No, it's not presented like that narratively. And you can't just ignore the insane amount of luck that would be needed to do that. We must alsways go for the most reasonable conclusion.

And allmight in chapter 400 dodged a laser as it was moving before it hit the ground. That was calced around sub-relativistic to relativistic. Not approved yet but I'm giving you an idea.

No, it's not presented like that narratively. And you can't just ignore the insane amount of luck that would be needed to do that. We must alsways go for the most reasonable conclusion.
I believe it clearly is, and is reinforced by Rock Lock, Nagant, and the real-life implications of the distance between them, but we can disagree.
And allmight in chapter 400 dodged a laser as it was moving before it hit the ground. That was calced around sub-relativistic to relativistic. Not approved yet but I'm giving you an idea.
How fast was the laser?
(Obviously, I know your answer, but really, fictional lasers rarely move at LS).

Whelp, that's my two cents on this topic again. Won't create too much debate in the general discussion thread. However, I am disappointed with the results, both speed-wise and AP-wise. But it is what it is.

That aside, I haven't been this hyped for new chapters in a long time. Hoping we get some solid feats in the final battle between the powerhouses.

I’m making a Heat Resistance/Todoroki Fam thread, idk wtf everyone scales to but I’m pretty sure AM punching Six’s clones is over a million degrees Celsius and we are trolling not using that.

Also means that Shoto vs Natsu thread would’ve been a slap for Shoto but whatever
Endeavor and fam should definitely scale above the 5000°C considering he was easily able to burn 75% Shigaraki and absolutely melt through High Ends with his regular attacks while both could shrug off Bakugou's heat no problem in the PLF War

This is the issue with powerscaling brain. None of Nagant's words have anything to do with powerscaling. Whether you are for Sub-rel Nagant or not, her words are purely about conveying emotion with the bullets as a metaphor.

She is not actually thinking about powerscaling in that moment but rather her connection with Midoriya.

I believe it clearly is, and is reinforced by Rock Lock, Nagant, and the real-life implications of the distance between them, but we can disagree.

How fast was the laser?
(Obviously, I know your answer, but really, fictional lasers rarely move at LS).

Whelp, that's my two cents on this topic again. Won't create too much debate in the general discussion thread. However, I am disappointed with the results, both speed-wise and AP-wise. But it is what it is.

That aside, I haven't been this hyped for new chapters in a long time. Hoping we get some solid feats in the final battle between the powerhouses.
Did you read the Chapter? It's a regular laser powered by regular electricity from a power plant. All Might even mentions that because of the limitations of technology, he can't do fancy stuff like turning the laser solid or hard like Star and Stripes did.

Answered this above. Not "luck manipulation" or other VsBattles lingo. Just literally her firing her last bullets, hoping and wishing they have an impact on the hero's final efforts, and they do. Again, she doesn't see them, this is heavily reinforced by what I've been repeating several times over.

Man, it seems like you are arguing for something implausible. Nagant fires 3 bullets and 2 of them take off Shigaraki's hands while he is mid-movement while the other hits him right in the temple.

She doesn't miss a single shot while she was missing shots even against 45% Deku from a much closer range (albeit Danger Sense).

Luck manipulation isn't a power in MHA, and Nagant doesn't actually have a quirk like Snipe's that allows her to home in on her targets. All her hits are through pure skill.

Even if Shigaraki was as slow as a turtle, no one is hitting his hands accurately mid-movement via luck or hopes.

I don't know why you are arguing stuff without precedent.

Endeavor vaporized 6 Plasma clones with his fire
That's literally impossible, that would imply Endeavor cool them down to turn them back into gas, which is absurd.

He just made them explode with his Prominence Burn. IDK enough about plasma to say if that can happen or if just fiction being fiction.

Bruh why are you all discussing this whole thing about Nagant shooting a bullet and it is "luck", "fate" or whatever. It still doesn't change the fact that her ordinary bullet still crossed thousands of kilometers in seconds, not even her buffed sniper rifle arm, it was the normal sized one.
And characters can consistently react to those bullets.
I fail to see why this would change anything about the feat to begin with

That's literally impossible, that would imply Endeavor cool them down to turn them back into gas, which is absurd.

He just made them explode with his Prominence Burn. IDK enough about plasma to say if that can happen or if just fiction being fiction.
You can by overheating plasma. In this case superheated plasma, which gets up to 69999982.2222 degrees Celsius

Plasma temp varies heavily based on factors I doubt you understand, Number 6's plasma lacks the proof to be rated that high.

His temp should be a reasonable low-end, which I'm unaware of at the moment. I just know that temp is way too high.
It's called superheated, that's the only thing we can go off of for its temperature.

Back