• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Why write such a conclusion for him if he was just going to come back anyway?
He's basically confirm to be coming back, so he needs to do something or that moment just becomes even more pointless.

I disagree with the notion that fake out deaths are cheap in general, it just depends on how they're executed. This was not done well. Edgeshot turning into his heart is really dumb. I would've been fine with him working together with Jeanist to stitch his injuries back up, my suspension of disbelief can handle it.

It feels like a weird way of killing off Edgeshot for some reason. They could've just had Bakugo be less injured and have Edgeshot sacrifice himself to protect him. Still fit with the message of protecting the next generation and would've been more powerful than what we actually got.

I mean the Bakugo scene with All Might's vestige is a powerful moment, but it becomes very awkward when he just gets back up later.

I love this series like 90%, yeah I'm a simple bozo. But this was a pretty badly done fake out death. If this was a real death I'd still be annoyed, since I prefer characters living, but it wouldn't have been as strange as Edgeshot turning into his heart.

Basically, Bakugo needs to do something really cool. It won't make up for it, since we could've gotten it without the fake out death, but at least he does something.

Tfw Bakugou has an extremely compelling and emotional conclusion with his interaction with All Might’s vestige and his internal dialogue of him accepting his inferiority complex and finally acknowledging Deku’s power over his…

..just for Edgeshot to suddenly be able to turn into a heart out of nowhere

So going off of Rusty’s new calc, Prime All Might will become 6-B (41.72 Teratons) and Deku with Overdrive will become High 6-B (208.6 Teratons)

Neat
Deku- At least 6-B with OFA (relative to Apex Shigaraki), higher with Gear shift (can increase his speed and strength with each Gear), at least High 6-B with Fajin (can store up to 5 punches from Gear shift), higher with Overdrive (much stronger than his other attacks, punched a hole through Shigaraki where his previous attacks could not)

There are some 6-B in Naruto, One Piece and Bleach right? Could make for some fun matchup. Tho im not expecting much considering how hax and skill those verses tend to be
Persona, MCU, multiple version of the Godzilla verse, Black Clover, 7DS, Jorge Joestar, Megami Tensei, Mashle, Mob Pscho, Pokemon, Fist of the North Star, Tower of God, Kungfu Panda, SCP, Slime Isekai, Soul Eater, Final Fantasy are some of the popular verse with 6-B chara that i can find. Dunno if it'll make good match or not tho. Also if the High tier are gonna be upgraded to High 6-C+, that'll open up so many matches for so many characters
Also forgot Arifureta, that's also 6-B. Dont know how popular the series is just remembering people saying it was a trashy isekai. Shinobu from Monogatari also seems interesting
Better prepare to get to work boys

Trying to think of good One Piece matchups

Prime All Might vs Whitebeard
Prime All For One
vs Kaido
Baldr Tokoyami
vs Blackbeard
Shigaraki
vs Shanks
Deku
vs Akainu
Kenbun + dura neg stomp for literally all of those except Akainu.

What in the absolute hell is literally anyone there except Deku supposed to do against people that see into the future casually.

Lightning still generates heat eitherway
It was shown right after he got blasted with lightning that vapor was coming out of Luffy's body, indicating heat
His body negates the lightning so the heat can’t affect him as much as it should. When Enel heated up his golden rod Luffy was getting burned to the point he was yelping in pain, and Enel hadn’t even heated it up to lightning temp since it wasn’t melting. So no, Liffy does not have heat resistance that high, his lightning resistance is just that good that the heat part doesn’t effect him as much either.

Unless you mean to say that Enel can heat a normal golden staff hotter than his own lightning.

main-qimg-22c923c6f5d0f1d9724f13977fc0b626-pjlq

Any taker for this guy 😈

Why write such a conclusion for him if he was just going to come back anyway?

My issue isn't that he'll survive, it's that we were made to believe he was going to die. And worst of all, Edgeshot being able to do something like this was never even hinted at
So you guys think Bakugo's grand conclusion was getting stepped on by AFO-Shigaraki, insulted and humiliated, then getting one shot even after a power-up and for what? Just to get a rise out of Deku.

That's apparently the well written conclusion for Bakugo? Even damsels get better than that.

Dying without achieving anything just to cause the MC manpain is stuff that used to happen to damsels in old stories. Even nowadays they don't get that kinda treatment anymore.

I'm just saying prime afo and his rewind self should be "likely County level" via downscaling from prime all might, I mean bro didn't die from getting punched by a plus Ultra prime all might

Back