• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Yeah, when he punches the Nomu away you can see chunks of their body/blood fly off of them too.
Small visual effects like that mean nothing for scaling by themselves.

He was portrayed as vastly inferior and unable to make them budge. At best he could only move them when they were in the air with a surprise attack.

Yeah, when he punches the Nomu away you can see chunks of their body/blood fly off of them too.
I really wish people stopped taking the anime so seriously. In the manga everything is set in stone and Mirio can't even graze a Nomu's skin. The anime adding its own shit is not canon and should not be used for scaling.

That entire fight sequence in the anime, no matter how good it looked, was straight bullshit.

Bones misrepresented how Phantom Menace works in addition to adding on Mirio's strength when all he can do in the manga is knock Nomu away with his body's propulsion. He can't actually hurt them.

I think the anime added something similar with Gran Torino taking a chunk out of Woman's head when in the manga he never harms the High-ends.

It's just a lot of anime-original liberties (same for somehow mixing up Air Canon and Nine's Air Wall).

I really wish people stopped taking the anime so seriously. In the manga everything is set in stone and Mirio can't even graze a Nomu's skin. The anime adding its own shit is not canon and should not be used for scaling.
I’m talking about the manga though.
In the manga when he punches them we see what looks like blood coming off of them. Rusty said we shouldn’t take this serious but the only times we see this is when someone is hurt from an attack, I’ll have to check.
That entire fight sequence in the anime, no matter how good it looked, was straight bullshit.
Im not talking about the anime 😭
Bones misrepresented how Phantom Menace works in addition to adding on Mirio's strength when all he can do in the manga is knock Nomu away with his body's propulsion. He can't actually hurt them.
I think the anime added something similar with Gran Torino taking a chunk out of Woman's head when in the manga he never harms the High-ends.
It's just a lot of anime-original liberties (same for somehow mixing up Air Canon and Nine's Air Wall).

Small visual effects like that mean nothing for scaling by themselves.
Probably
He was portrayed as vastly inferior and unable to make them budge. At best he could only move them when they were in the air with a surprise attack.
Idk though, when he punched that one Nomu his head visibly scrunches in and we see him put up a defensive guard to block himself from more attacks, which implies that punch somewhat hurt.
Mirio also states he’s just not strong enough to beat them in ONE punch vs being too weak to beat them at all. This depicts that he could beat them just not fast enough, at least to me.

And as for the attacking in air thing, he wouldn’t be able to knock them away unless he was attacking with similar force. It’s not like they’re jumping through the air with no power, like Shigaraki or anyone at similar power they jump through with X amount of force and to strike them and stop that movement and force them flying somewhere entirely different requires similar force right?

While I’m talking about ti, Bakugo should probably scale too. He could blast Shigaraki down while he was charging with enough force to cause Endeavor to bleed (he kicked him in the face with a flying kick), and Shigaraki grunts his teeth and looks likes he’s visibly in pain from the attack.

Idk though, when he punched that one Nomu his head visibly scrunches in and we see him put up a defensive guard to block himself from more attacks, which implies that punch somewhat hurt.
We can see the results of the punch for ourselves. The Nomu is unharmed.

And bear in mind, Tomura Shigaraki is supposedly comparable to these Nomu and he's able to tank 100% One For All hits. Do you think that Mirio can take a punch from 100% Izuku?

And bear in mind, Tomura Shigaraki is supposedly comparable to these Nomu and he's able to tank 100% One For All hits. Do you think that Mirio can take a punch from 100% Izuku?

Probably not, but I never expected random ass heroes to be walking around at Am level either

58aZedo.png

this is interesting.

Yeah it’s an amp. From 80% to 100%.
The doctor explained it as the human body always limiting itself, and in that plus ultra moment Deku went from 80% to 100% so it’s an amp.
I think it would definitely have to be calculated differently.

Basically Deku, and all other humans, are usually functioning at about 80% capacity due to the body's limiters.

So even Deku's 100% smashes are usually performed with 80% as his base body strength.

But taking off the body's limiters meant that he performed a 100% punch with a 100% base physical strength.

If it has an effect, it depends solely on how OFA acts. If OFA is only additional, then it won't change much.

But if OFA is a statistics amplification ability, basically amplifying your base stats then the difference between regular 100% and 1,000,000% would be much greater.

(e.g if Usain Bolt and a regular guy get OFA, Usain Bolt ends up much faster, or if a Strong-man competitor and a scrawny guy get OFA, the strongman ends up much stronger).

But we have no confirmation that this is how it works.

Last edited:
Speaking of that, are any of the people who disagreed with the prime All Might multiplier gonna reply to the arguments anytime soon lol
I thought it was a staff only thread?

I saw people comment and get called out for not being staff.

And I don't know exactly how many staff are involved with MHA or have even seen the thread.

I thought it was a staff only thread?

I saw people comment and get called out for not being staff.

And I don't know exactly how many staff are involved with MHA or have even seen the thread.
Yeah, it's staff-only.

I mean yeah but you’re the one in the boxing forum for the 60x multiplier to be resurrected (how is that going? If they haven’t responded in this long I doubt their going to)

But taking off the body's limiters meant that he performed a 100% punch with a 100% base physical strength.
That’s not how I interpreted it, something like this wouldn’t have affected the overall power of his quirk, just his normal strength. Deku went from clashing with Muscular to blowing off all his muscles with finger flicks and then one shotting him with a swipe, I don’t even think it connected.
This isn’t because of the body limiter, but a limiter on the quirks as well.
The doctors statement implies that he was operating at a level of power beyond that limiter which is clearly referring to the quirk, and the fact that the quirk itself obviously grew stronger would infer that the limiter is referring to the quirk.
That’s why I said Deku’s 100% is normally his 80% and the 1,000,000% is his true 100%.
If it has an effect, it depends solely on how OFA acts. If OFA is only additional, then it won't change much.
It’s additional, I believe that much is made clear in the series.
But if OFA is a statistics amplification ability, basically amplifying your base stats then the difference between regular 100% and 1,000,000% would be much greater.
If that was the case Deku would never be hurt by his own attacks and defeats the purpose of him training his base form to be able to cope with the blowback of OFA.
(e.g if Usain Bolt and a regular guy get OFA, Usain Bolt ends up much faster, or if a Strong-man competitor and a scrawny guy get OFA, the strongman ends up much stronger).
I can see WHY you would interpret it like this, but that’s not how the quirk is described to work. It’s just a collection of strength overtime that you can add onto yourself at will. The only time base strength has ever been a factor is with your ability to cope with the amount of power you’re exerting. I think it’s simple enough to say it’s addition. It’s description makes no sense if it was multiplication.

Back