• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Why is Prime All Might there but Weakened All Might isn't? If you didn't have All Might there at all I would've accepted that you only meant the currently around characters. But you have Prime All Might so that means Weakened All Might should be fair game. Also what about Weakened AFO?

This kind of implies you think Endeavor is stronger than Weakened All Might/AFO despite doing worst against AFO than All Might did, and needing assistance to defeat him. If AFO didn't have that moment of Quirk Rebellion he wouldn't have been slowed down when Endeavor went ham on him.

Or are you trying not to duplicate people?
I only included the strongest version of every character

I didn't do multiple versions of a single character, or else Deku, Shigaraki, AFO, and All Might would be the only guys on the list

Prime AFO~<Prime All Might~Faux 100% Deku~100% Shigaraki's Physicals~Star and Stripe<Flesh Armor Shigaraki~100%+Fa Jin Deku<Overdrive Deku

Overdrive Deku is cracked cause he bullied someone who's above Prime All Might

No way Koichi or any Vigilante characters are coming at this point. Alas it was only a pipe dream of mine.

The only interruption I can see from this fight is Stain helping All Might in the end and saving his life or something. But this feels like the climax of AFO's battle in this arc. All Might doesn't need to hurt or even match AFO in this battle, just last long enough for him to vanish. I'm hoping for flashback to their Prime fight as well.

However I admit Horikoshi can make this go anywhere he wants. The man continues to surprise in good ways.

Prime AFO~<Prime All Might~Faux 100% Deku~100% Shigaraki's Physicals~Star and Stripe<Flesh Armor Shigaraki~100%+Fa Jin Deku<Overdrive Deku

Overdrive Deku is cracked cause he bullied someone who's above Prime All Might
Where does young afo fit in this, because apparently he is stronger then he was in his prime somehow

Prime AFO's strength is unknown currently. And I'm not even certain if Rewind AFO and Prime AFO are equal to each other.

They have different Quirks so their power is different. Weakened AFO's Quirks are stated to be completely different to Prime AFO, and we know his Quirks are unaffected by the Rewind. He still has his Weakened Quirks, just that his body is younger and stronger, so he can combine more Quirks than before and use more power.

This AFO could be weaker or stronger than his Prime self that fought All Might. Hopefully the coming battle will shed some light on this. All Might knows how strong Prime AFO is so he's the best judge in the entire series. And if we do get flashbacks as well that'll help even more.

Which quirks, other than decay, are the ones deku really needs to look out for and avoid them.
Impact Recoil seems like a good counter for physical strength. Also if Shigaraki has something similar to shock absorption in addition to his physicals, he would be set. But honestly, unless there's some ranged hax quirk within Shiggy's AFO, he doesn't really have much that can threaten Deku. In their fights, Deku has always been faster even before Danger Sense and Gear Shift, and Deku's max strength is also more than Shigaraki's. The only potential weakness Shiggy can exploit is Deku's stamina especially with the side effects of Gear Shift. Maybe he will try to outlast him.

No way Koichi or any Vigilante characters are coming at this point. Alas it was only a pipe dream of mine.

The only interruption I can see from this fight is Stain helping All Might in the end and saving his life or something. But this feels like the climax of AFO's battle in this arc. All Might doesn't need to hurt or even match AFO in this battle, just last long enough for him to vanish. I'm hoping for flashback to their Prime fight as well.

However I admit Horikoshi can make this go anywhere he wants. The man continues to surprise in good ways.
Out of the MHA spinoffs, Vigs is definitely more divorced from the main manga. For TUM, it written by Akiyama who also writes the novels and usually has a lot of correspondence with Horikoshi. Even then, TUM is mostly slice of life. (Novel stuff does get brought up in the manga though).

The movies have Hori involved in creating the characters and story draft phase.

But for Vigs, apart from the general world, Horikoshi is mainly a bystander. I honestly don't see any Vigilantes-related characters or events ever showing up. The Trigger storyline is probably the only one.

The only thing we can hope for is a Vigs anime especially now that the manga/anime are on their last run. Instead of a Boruto-like series, just adapt Vigs.

Prime AFO's strength is unknown currently. And I'm not even certain if Rewind AFO and Prime AFO are equal to each other.

They have different Quirks so their power is different. Weakened AFO's Quirks are stated to be completely different to Prime AFO, and we know his Quirks are unaffected by the Rewind. He still has his Weakened Quirks, just that his body is younger and stronger, so he can combine more Quirks than before and use more power.

This AFO could be weaker or stronger than his Prime self that fought All Might. Hopefully the coming battle will shed some light on this. All Might knows how strong Prime AFO is so he's the best judge in the entire series. And if we do get flashbacks as well that'll help even more.
Well we know Weakened AFO<Prime AFO<Prime All Might<Full Power Shigaraki

So yeah, we have a general gist of his power level

Safe to say Prime AFO is inferior to Prime All Might in raw power, since he lost to him and before that spent years hiding from him after he returned from America.

All Might crushed AFO's head so bad that he was certain he killed him. AFO could've used a Quirk that didn't rely on strength to blow that hole into him.

Edit: Also AFO played tricky by angering All Might with his words. That was how he opened that hole in the first place.

We have no real idea of how he fights or how comparable he is to Prime All Might beyond the fact they fought. There are a lot of ways that fight can go with AFO being weaker in terms of power output. We're likely going to find out soon so I think the speculation will be unneeded soon. I truly hope that is the case.

Last edited:
Safe to say Prime AFO is inferior to Prime All Might in raw power, since he lost to him and before that spent years hiding from him after he returned from America.

All Might crushed AFO's head so bad that he was certain he killed him. AFO could've used a Quirk that didn't rely on strength to blow that hole into him.

Edit: Also AFO played tricky by angering All Might with his words. That was how he opened that hole in the first place.

We have no real idea of how he fights or how comparable he is to Prime All Might beyond the fact they fought. There are a lot of ways that fight can go with AFO being weaker in terms of power output. We're likely going to find out soon so I think the speculation will be unneeded soon. I truly hope that is the case.
Essentially this. We know he lost to an All Might, who was basically all raw power.

Shigaraki and Deku obviously transcend this level easily as Shigaraki is confirmed to have physicals equal to All Might’s Prime in his 100% state, then pushes this further with his Flesh Armor, and Deku is able to match Prime All Might while only using OFA 45%+Fa Jin+Black Whip, and then can amp himself further with 100% OFA+Fa Jin+Fa Jin, and then even further with Overdrive.

AFO suggests he’s back in his prime condition when using Eri’s Quirk on himself, and the younger he gets, the stronger he gets as well, so he should generally be above the level he was at when he fought All Might in his Prime

basically, when you're in a near death situation your quirk can awaken (like bakugo) or it can manifest a new power (like dabi here)
but i think there's a more in-depth explanation, so just wait for the translation

Seems a bit ass-pully if you ask me
It's been hinted at a handful of times earlier in the story... sort of, which is why it feels like an ass-pull even for me. That said, I didn't call for Dabi getting a second quirk but seeing it get out there at this point in the story doesn't surprise me in the least. I really, really, didn't want this to happen but hey at least it's better than that one resurrection theory that made headway throughout the internet last year.

I just hope the Todofam plotline doesn't collapse in on itself like the rest of the story from here on out.

This isn’t that ass-pully imo. I always believed that this would happen ever since Dabi copied Phosphor (an ability that combines both ice and fire)

This isn’t that ass-pully imo. I always believed that this would happen ever since Dabi copied Phosphor (an ability that combines both ice and fire)
Well all that ability does is concentrate your flames and or ice into the center of your body, regulating the temperature all over so its not too impressive.

Well all that ability does is concentrate your flames and or ice into the center of your body, regulating the temperature all over so its not too impressive.
Kinda an oversimplification, it’s meant as a direct counter to fire users due to the glacial properties negating flames and also doing damage with the actual explosive firepower of the attacks

I have to agree with people on reddit and twitter here. This chapter is getting me ******* annoyed. Basically their is no shoto here, and with rei cooling dabi there is no need of shoto being there if all he is gonna do when he get there is watch how his parents correct their mistakes by cooling dabi down.

People on other mha sub are just deceiving themselves thinking that shoto is the one cooling dabi down and enji is just hallucinating about seeing rei when we see geten just drop a bomb about the himura line.

The only thing i like about this chapter is that it finally proves again dabi >> enji and that people can stop simping dabi x fem geten lol.

I have to agree with people on reddit and twitter here. This chapter is getting me ******* annoyed. Basically their is no shoto here, and with rei cooling dabi there is no need of shoto being there if all he is gonna do when he get there is watch how his parents correct their mistakes by cooling dabi down.
Imagine getting annoyed because Horikoshi flexed on everyone.

Couldn't be me.

I'm not fond of this chapter but the Dabi thing is the least controversial thing Horikoshi has ever inked on a paper and there has been more outrageous precedent of it happening several story arcs back.

The ending scene might be pretty bad though but I'd wait for the next chapter and let it play out. This could be very easily just like when the manga teased Toru as the traitor and everyone malded on the internet, only for the traitor to end up being Aoyama.
The constant uninspired cliffhangers doesn't erase the fact that everyone who takes them at face value look stupid.

I'm not surprised this was Hori's approach, but I would've enjoyed something different and more brutal.
For example, Dabi actually explodes, and after the explosion and chaos fade away, we learn he protected himself with his newfound ice.
Something like that.

And as mentioned above, I have no idea what Shoto's purpose is now, unless... Dabi doesn't stop here.
Seems like the only possibility for Shoto and Iida's current storyline.

I'm not surprised this was Hori's approach, but I would've enjoyed something different and more brutal.
For example, Dabi actually explodes, and after the explosion and chaos fade away, we learn he protected himself with his newfound ice.
Something like that.

And as mentioned above, I have no idea what Shoto's purpose is now, unless... Dabi doesn't stop here.
Seems like the only possibility for Shoto and Iida's current storyline.
Pretty sure Dabi doesn't stop here. Last chapter already made it clear that Shoto is the only one that could stop him.

Rei isn't a trained hero, while her ice would probably still be very strong, I doubt it's on Shoto's level. Even if it was, Shoto's ice can't stop Dabi, only a move like Phosphor can.

So even if Rei pulls a move on the level of Heaven Piercing Ice Wall for example, it still won't be effective enough to stop Dabi.

At most, I see the family trying to use their ice on Dabi while trying to get through to him emotionally but failing to stop his fire and then Shoto arriving last minute so we can get a Todoroki family reunion.

Rei isn't a trained hero, while her ice would probably still be very strong, I doubt it's on Shoto's level. Even if it was, Shoto's ice can't stop Dabi, only a move like Phosphor can.
I don't understand why people didn't consider this at first.

It's not like Rei stands an honest-to-God chance against Dabi. They're just overreacting, like always.

Pretty sure Dabi doesn't stop here. Last chapter already made it clear that Shoto is the only one that could stop him.

So even if Rei pulls a move on the level of Heaven Piercing Ice Wall for example, it still won't be effective enough to stop Dabi.

At most, I see the family trying to use their ice on Dabi while trying to get through to him emotionally but failing to stop his fire and then Shoto arriving last minute so we can get a Todoroki family reunion.
Yup. That's the supposed conclusion for the Todoroki's and Dabi. Them dealing with him together. But I can't fault people for not liking the trajectory and the way it plays out in this chapter.

I guess time will show if the approach Hori's going for pays off in the end.

Oh man, we were finally moving somewhere.

I've never been a fan of Todoroki's family drama.

Back