• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Please use spoiler tags ...
I guess people stopped caring...

The one big question no one seems to be asking is how the hell Rei even got there in the first place. She was literally underground with Fuyumi and Natsuo trying to weather the whole situation out with the rest of the civilians. She was literally hundreds of meters away from Dabi and Endeavor too... and they were flying! Up! Fast too! She had literally zero quirk training too, so how?!

Not even surprised people thoght the two guys were hallucinating because there's just no way Rei could have gotten there so fast. Also yay another cliffhanger.

The one big question no one seems to be asking is how the hell Rei even got there in the first place. She was literally underground with Fuyumi and Natsuo trying to weather the whole situation out with the rest of the civilians. She was literally hundreds of meters away from Dabi and Endeavor too... and they were flying! Up! Fast too! She had literally zero quirk training too, so how?!

Not even surprised people thoght the two guys were hallucinating because there's just no way Rei could have gotten there so fast. Also yay another cliffhanger.
Probably some underground tunnel or went through the sewer line or something

There was an explicit line last chapter: "Open the emergency patches, everyone get to the surface."

As for going up to the sky, we honestly don't even know how high Endeavor & Dabi went and we will probably get an explanation next chapter.

But at this point, we should at least assume Rei's quirk is at least the same level as Shoto's ice side otherwise it would be counterproductive for Endeavor to have married someone with a weak ice quirk if what he was looking for was a balance of ice & fire. Heck, her ice genes seem to be even more dominant among the kids compared to Endeavor's.

All the kids inherited her quirk & physique while for Endeavor it's only Dabi and Shoto who got his.

If Rei's ice quirk factor was only ice cube level, or anywhere below Endeavor, it would have probably been overwhelmed.

I'm not expecting her to be dishing out super moves but in terms of output I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being a beast in that department.

TCB scans are out.

As Geten puts it:
Generation after generation, meta-abilities grow in strength and complexity. They intensify as multiple factors mix together. It wouldn't be surprising if someone had latent abilities they weren't aware of.

First off, weird way of bringing back Geten for a moment. Strange to suddenly confirm he's from a branch family of the Himura's that splintered off.

God Dabi is just a moving charred corpse, he can't even speak full sentences. Sounds like he isn't even really conscious anymore either. Lost his arm doing that giant flaming fist move. Kind of impressive how Endeavor can take that without dying considering his battered state.

Also they actually confirmed what happened to Bakugo during the All-Out War arc was indeed a Quirk Awakening. Though what's happen to Dabi is something different. He appears to be using Rei's Ice Quirk, maybe that's the reason why he isn't dead from using Phosphor yet? Nah, he's still too burn to be alive.

The explanation seems to be from what Geten and the narrator said. The Himura blood from the main family runs thick due to their many years of trying to keep their bloodline pure with inbreeding. Quirks get stronger and more complex the more they're passed down, along with Dabi being near death and having hysterical strength. This appears to have allow him to reach in and start using Rei's Quirk. Taking a look at this again, kind of surprising that Endeavor's first kid had fire powers.

Edit: Just noticed that Endeavor pushed away the fire X on Dabi's chest to see the ice that was underneath it. That's a really cool detail.

Yeah expected that Endeavor would try to this, which is why I'm full certain that he isn't going to die. In fact I actually called this at some point, saying Endeavor would try to go out with Toya to prevent him from hurting anyone else and would get stopped at the last second.

And also as expected, the rest of the Todoroki family arrives. Only Rei is shown but I imagine Fuyumi and Natsu are close by. We knew they left the shelter and were going above ground judging by last chapter. The entire Todoroki family is having a reunion, and I imagine they'll all have their say before Shoto's big moment.

Dabi is going to die, but he won't die exploding. I say that Rei and the others will keep Dabi's body cool long enough for Shoto to make it here. They'll have some words to share as well and I imagine once Dabi is finally cool off they all have some final words for each other. Dabi isn't dying without some kind of closure. In fact it might be a combo of Shoto and Dabi to finally cool himself down without exploding.

Nice to finally see Endeavor and Dabi again, and I'm looking forward to see the Todoroki family have its hellish family reunion. Would also be kind of funny is the entire family gets matching scars around the side of their face from Dabi's flames here. I'm noticing that Rei's left side is burning up a lot more.

A very solid but expected chapter all things to consider. I know some people will be disappointed to not see All Might and AFO, but there was no way that wasn't going to be a cliffhanger. Kind of obvious we were going to switch to somewhere else. But honestly I've been waiting to get back to this plot line for some time.

Like I said, rereading this series once the manga is over all at once will give a fresher perspective. I kind of envy people who aren't going to read the series until it's finish. Meaning they won't have to go through any waiting periods. Meaning cliffhangers won't hit as hard.

Last edited:
-final result that they get if it is a himura
-result that there are 2 types of awakening
-rei aspiring to be a 7-A.
Was any of these things in the theory table?

I see nobody has brought this up yet but dabi's time limit feels like it's designed to be a countdown for Iida's speed feat. They are about 400 kms from Gunga. To cover it in 10 minutes, Iida needs to get to a speed of 2400 km / hour.

This is gonna be a impressive for feat lida if shoto doesn't use ffhw as a booster for him. Iida said that he'd challenge Deku, so reaching that kind of speed puts him close to the speed of Faux 100% OFA (without any boost from anyone else) and outpaces Deku's speed flying from the island to Floating UA, where he had no recourse to Faux 100% until the jets showed up.

The 5 km blast radius (if it happens) is there to scale Shouto. It’s the size of the fireball a 10 megaton nuke creates.

Edit: Am not much of a calc guy so it would be cool if someone see if i was somewhat right or just wrong.

First off we have no idea the exact timeframe, the officer said ten minutes or a few minutes. Meaning he isn't certain of the exact time.

And we don't know how much time past when Shoto got that information in comparison to when the officer said that timeframe.

2400 km per hour is only Mach 1.94, which is Supersonic+.

That's nowhere close to current Faux 100%, which is Mach 100+. Heck 5% Izuku and Iida's Recipro Burst in U.A. Beginning Saga are Mach 7.

Don't know if the distance you have is correct, as I don't care enough to check.

I see nobody has brought this up yet but dabi's time limit feels like it's designed to be a countdown for Iida's speed feat. They are about 400 kms from Gunga. To cover it in 10 minutes, Iida needs to get to a speed of 2400 km / hour.

This is gonna be a impressive for feat lida if shoto doesn't use ffhw as a booster for him. Iida said that he'd challenge Deku, so reaching that kind of speed puts him close to the speed of Faux 100% OFA (without any boost from anyone else) and outpaces Deku's speed flying from the island to Floating UA, where he had no recourse to Faux 100% until the jets showed up.

The 5 km blast radius (if it happens) is there to scale Shouto. It’s the size of the fireball a 10 megaton nuke creates.

Edit: Am not much of a calc guy so it would be cool if someone see if i was somewhat right or just wrong.
That would only make Iida twice the speed of sound which is even slower than Iida's Recipro Extend all the way back in season 2.

Recipro Turbo is supposed to be faster than both Recipro Burst and Recipro Extend.

First off we have no idea the exact timeframe, the officer said ten minutes or a few minutes. Meaning he isn't certain of the exact time.

And we don't know how much time past when Shoto got that information in comparison to when the officer said that timeframe.

2400 km per hour is only Mach 1.94, which is Supersonic+.

That's nowhere close to current Faux 100%, which is Mach 100+. Heck 5% Izuku and Iida's Recipro Burst in U.A. Beginning Saga are Mach 7.

Don't know if the distance you have is correct, as I don't care enough to check.
Yeah cool am not a calc guy and i had a feeling that this was just twice the speed of sound (which honestly shouldn't be that much impressive) given you guys current scaling chain. I was only curious if something was in it.

and the distance should be somewhat correct and wouldn't be anything higher or lower.

given your guys current scaling chain.
Yeah. That's one of the issues with sites like this.
It's easy for an eager and invested community to get an inflated sense of how powerful and fast characters "actually" are meant to be.
Therefore, for someone like me, getting confirmation that AFO is flying near twice the speed of sound is noteworthy and not contradictory at all.
Nice catch!

Last edited:
They aren't "meant" to be anything, we have no solid timeframe.

The 10 minute thing was not certain and Dabi was about to blow up before Rei appeared. So either it was wrong or 10 minutes passed and they haven't shown up yet. So there is nothing in universe suggesting Iida will make it in ten minutes or less.

AFO also wasn't confirmed to be moving at any speed.

Honest thoughts about Shoji's racism plotline that happened months ago?
I mean, we already knew that there was racism towards mutants in MHA, but it all blew up very... quickly
I liked it, but it could have given for much more and in the end it ended up not being really remarkable (I'm saying all this based on what I remember, I may be wrong)

Honest thoughts about Shoji's racism plotline that happened months ago?
50:50 not that bad, not that great either.

I do feel it would benefit from a Part II cause discrimination and racism are multifaceted topics. Spinner was so out of it and he doesn't care about heteromorph racism that much, another character could probably be used to fill that hole and offer a different perspective.

The ant guy wasn't that bad but he didn't even get an official name. Like most PLF guys, Hori has been breezing through them without even giving them actual names, or naming their quirks, or showing their backstories.

There's also many characters in side materials like the movies including Chimera and Flect Turn, both major villains, who could give a more clearer perspective of the heteromorph situation and what it means to have a quirk that permanently alters not only your body but your interactions with people and the environment around you.

The storyline could also look at multiple inconveniences these people face, both subtle and overt. For example, Todoroki calling someone with a dog quirk a "mutt" out of anger. How common is that? Deku instantly assuming Habuko was a danger to Tsuyu just because she has a snake head while Tsuyu is frog-like? Racism and Prejudice aren't always overt.

In Vigs, we do see that some people with permanently giant bodies have trouble finding housing which leads to homelessness.

All these threads kinda exist in the manga but the connective thread between them is still lacking even after Shoji's arc.

Plus one could even go further with the whole heteromorph storyline. Considering how essential human contact, love, and intimacy are, some people in MHA world probably can't even get it down. If someone has a Lego for a head (that one UA guy) or a spray bottle (that MLA guy), they can't even kiss. What about people whose bodies are made of rocks or are gigantic, what hope is there for them in the romance angle? I could also see people who look like animals people like (cats, dogs, etc) getting a lot of fetishizers while those who look like scary animals e.g. snakes only receive fear and disgust.

They aren't "meant" to be anything, we have no solid timeframe.

The 10 minute thing was not certain and Dabi was about to blow up before Rei appeared. So either it was wrong or 10 minutes passed and they haven't shown up yet. So there is nothing in universe suggesting Iida will make it in ten minutes or less.

AFO also wasn't confirmed to be moving at any speed.
We will confirm if the timeframe is true of false if we don't get a cliffhanger for the next chapter.

Input here would be very appreciated, it's a simple crt
Looks good. There's actually a ton of stuff from TUM we should look into and I saw Rusty visit some of them.

I wonder if the speedster villain (chapter 2) that completely disappeared while Deku was looking at him can be used in any way.
Hawks blitzed him when he was running at his top speeds.

Holy shit

This is the first time that I truly felt depressed about an MHA chapter. Horikoshi really had the balls to do something like this... man's is cooking so hard he's gonna burn the whole house down...

Back