• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Has anyone tried calculating how fast Deku punched Flect Turn before he even realized he was being hit? I got 12 punches thrown before his skin even split after slowing it down.
I haven't be able to get a good rating out of it.

Since Flect wasn't moving, he was just standing. We can't use the same frozen comparison thing like Izuku did with Gear Shift against Shiggy. Who was frozen mid jump.

Using Supersonic perception, since Flect can keep up with 20%, which is supersonic in canon. Didn't get me high results, it was Hypersonic+ in fact.

I've stated this before I think. The distance between Flect and Izuku is at most around 20 meters, him throwing those other punches don't add up to much higher either.

I haven't be able to get a good rating out of it.

Since Flect wasn't moving, he was just standing. We can't use the same frozen comparison thing like Izuku did with Gear Shift against Shiggy. Who was frozen mid jump.

Using Supersonic perception, since Flect can keep up with 20%, which is supersonic in canon. Didn't get me high results, it was Hypersonic+ in fact.

I've stated this before I think. The distance between Flect and Izuku is at most around 20 meters, him throwing those other punches don't add up to much higher either.
Pain, was hoping for something better.

Welp, back to waiting on Nagant bullet stuff.

Are we treating Nagant’s bullets that she’s reacting to Shigaraki’s movements from 600 km away and then shooting his limbs? Thats the only logical explanation to me, since Nagant’s analytical prediction hasn’t been shown to be THAT amazing

His inner child is him. There isn’t really a separation in his soul, they’re just the same thing. Only way to get rid of Shigaraki would be to change his origin.

The child wants to destroy everything as much as the villain does, because that’s just how he copes.
So if Izuku REALLY wants to save Tenko, he'll have to either take Gran Torino's advice, or hope that OFA gives him Soul Manipulation...

Pain, was hoping for something better.
There could be something else actually.

Assuming Izuku didn't actually punch Flect directly, and is instead hitting him with the air pressure of his punches. While there is a shot of Izuku being right in front of Flect, the next shot shows he's far away and is punching the air. I think him being in front of Flect could just be dramatic shot. At not point do we see Izuku directly hit Flect with his rapid punches, the only direct hit we actually see is the final big kick.

To be clear, I don't know if this is how that works. But I count 12 hits as well, so I take the distance between them and multiply it by 12.

That gives me a far higher distance, which gives me results that are a slightly higher than Mach 100 for 100%'s speed. I don't know if multiplying the distance by each hit that blitzed him is correct. He threw out 12 punches, and each punch traveled a certain distance before he could react.

However this depends on if we believe he physically ran up and punched Flect, before moving back for some reasoning and start hitting him with air pressure.

Or he was always hitting him with air pressure and he didn't directly run up and hit him until the final kick.

Are we treating Nagant’s bullets that she’s reacting to Shigaraki’s movements from 600 km away and then shooting his limbs? Thats the only logical explanation to me, since Nagant’s analytical prediction hasn’t been shown to be THAT amazing
I'm not fully sure what you mean here. We can't tell when exactly Nagant fired her first two shots in comparison to Shiggy. However her final shot very clearly happens after her first two shots landed. There is no reason to assume she fired off three shots before her first shot hit Shiggy, and landed them all via prediction.

God, Izuku wasn't kidding when he said Faux 100% would get him back immediately when Nagant's bullets are this fast.

I'm not fully sure what you mean here. We can't tell when exactly Nagant fired her first two shots in comparison to Shiggy. However her final shot very clearly happens after her first two shots landed. There is no reason to assume she fired off three shots before her first shot hit Shiggy, and landed them all via prediction.

God, Izuku wasn't kidding when he said Faux 100% would get him back immediately when Nagant's bullets are this fast.
Deku when he has something to swing on: My name is Izuku Midoriya, and I am the fastest man alive.

Though naturally this also means his 100% is even better, especially with Gear Shift, so god damn. Pretty soon we actually will be knocking on sub-relativistics door.

But seriously, this is looking like a potent MHS+ upgrade to the top tiers.

We know her shots get slower the further away she is and if she curves them. But Deku, from only a kilometer away (likely thanks to Danger Sense) could directly block one with his Mid Gauntlets. Then he starts predicting her shots and begins dodging her rapid fire shots next.

So 45% definitely scales, which affects basically everyone.

Damn, this makes the gear shift calc probably not as good of a feat anymore (we are cursed with Shigaraki only being allowed sniper rifle level reactions), but it at least makes the clearly “blitz tier” gap between the cast more defined and not “3x faster so blitz.”

Yeah I was thinking for the last shot, to to calculating the bullet specifically intercepting Shigaraki’s movement, which would bring up the results quite a lot rather than just the notion that the bullet travelled 600 km min a second

That MHA episode reminded me about just how ****** the Todoroki family was

Endeavor was definitely a piece of shit and a bad father, but Toya undeniably has severe mental issues. He's very likely got a disability. Cause my god this kid is crazy in his own right. Yeah, Endeavor played a part in that, but this kid is going around calling girls worthless and trying to kill his little brother at like 8 years old. Irregardless of what Endeavor did, Toya was very clearly mentally ill to begin with.

Just to add on. Subsonic is too much of a lowball IMO. Deku at 100% outraced Nagants bullets from multiple buildings away. Even if Shigaraki was "weakened" there is no reason to lowball him this much, so baseline Supersonic should be fine. What's more, IIRC Rusty said 20% alone was Supersonic canonically.

Which brings me to my next point. Using Supersonic speeds as a lowball gets us this:

1.22/377.3 = 0.00323607427

Speed = 209300/0.00323607427 = 64677131.2 m/s or 0.2140351555770308 (Relativistic)

So, yeah. Let's just upgrade the top-tiers to Relativistic. No biggie.

Scales to fuax only right?
45% Izuku can dodge and even kick her bullets out of the air, even if he is slower. So he'd downscale from them.

This isn't her enhanced shot, since her rifle arm isn't all bulked up like when she shot at Chisaki. Not unless it's revealed she's going super plus ultra and no one scales.

It's an outlier though.

45% Izuku can dodge and even kick her bullets out of the air, even if he is slower. So he'd downscale from them.

This isn't her enhanced shot, since her rifle arm isn't all bulked up like when she shot at Chisaki. Not unless it's revealed she's going super plus ultra and no one scales.

It's an outlier though.
Oh I assumed this was her super shot or something.

Well does Deku ever dodge a straight forward shot with 45%? Iirc he was struggling to react to them while using danger sense while they were being redirected

Just gonna say that Deku saw and reacted to her bullet after it hit Shigaraki and cut his arm off.

He scales to it literally right now. He can see the bullet. No Gear Shift, current 45% is directly perceiving it.

Also ShigAFO kinda reacts to it too? They know Nagant is the one shooting them, so they can perceive the bullets as well.

This probably factors into their body being too slow compared to their actual speed, but characters are perceiving this projectile. They definitely scale.

Okay I'm done talking with small words.

Curious to see how this'll all hold up by the end. If something like this can happen right now, I think there are still plenty of chances for more feats.

The jet lasers can now be used on Shigaraki right? No barrier is in the way anymore.

If calc stacking was allowed, I'm sure you could get Relativistic Deku by like the Joint Training arc at least.

If 45% level characters are scaling to Sub-Relativistic, where will the Near-High End characters scale (Mirio, Bakugou, Todoroki)

Baseline Massively Hypersonic+?

Back