• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

So Lady Nagant was in Central Hospital and only moved after Kurogiri woke up. Rock Lock gave her the information and location of the battle. Since she was moving with him in mind, and they're are relying on him, he'll trust her. Nagant just burst blood, only has one more shot left she says.

Shigaraki's healing, but she shoots off his other arm. We go back inside of AFO/Shiggy, and we get something interesting. Apparently Tenko Shimura being hidden so deep inside of Shiggy was his plan all along. As a way of taking back control from AFO, he's already pushing him out and moving outside of his will.

AFO tries to get Kurogiri to warp him back to his other self, the real AFO. Because of that I believe real AFO was aware that Shiggy had hidden Tenko Shimura inside of him. That's why he isn't complete, AFO has some plan of dealing with Tenko Shimura and taking back full control I imagine.

Kurogiri seems to be having a mental attack right now, seems to either be unavailable right now or he'll only listen to the real Tomura Shigaraki right now.

Wow! I was always confused about that scene during the first battle, where Shiggy goes to touch the ground but his fingers fold and he can't touch with all five fingers for decay wave. Apparently that was All For One stopping Shiggy from using decay, since he would've killed Izuku, or more accurately One For All.

Shiggy was trying to kill everyone, he doesn't want OFA, he just wants to destroy everything. This implies his city sized decay can only be used with all five fingers.

Edit: Chapter 282, Shigaraki: "I feel like... There's nothing that can stop me now. As long as I keep... My dreams. My origin. Within my heart."

It's kind of crazy, but that line right there is basically how he's overcoming AFO right now.

Izuku takes his chance to move, he knows that fighting Shigaraki in that cage is a bad call. So he tackles Shiggy off the cage and continue the fight on the ground. We can visibly see that Gentle Criminal is indeed physically holding up the U.A. Fortresses as well, just in case anyone was having doubts.

Something interesting I noticed, the business course student was shown and it looks like he started recording again. Or maybe he started streaming now?

Lady Nagant is not firing from Central Hospital, the roof she's standing on is a different building. However I don't think Lady Nagant could travel that far by herself, she can't propel herself with Air Walk and her Rifle shots due to her weakened body. So she's could still be somewhere around the Central Hospital's area.

Would have to wait until the clear scans come out though.

Another well done chapter, I really have no idea what is going to happen next. There is still a lot of things that can happen for both heroes and villains right now.

Last edited:
Lady Nagant's shot is absolutely insane, there's no way she got far from central hospital from what we know. The distance between central hospital and the battlefield with Shigaraki is around 600 km from my measurements of Horikoshi's map. While not exact, this does give us the closest way of measuring the distance.

Even assuming a timeframe of 5 seconds gives Nagant's bullets an insane speed of Mach 349 or Massively Hypersonic. I don't know what timeframe this actually is, but 5 seconds is way too long. Shigaraki is still staggering from her heat shot, and the bullet in his head hasn't even fallen below his chin.

Personally I don't see the timeframe being longer than 1 second.

Using the panel where we see Nagant and where U.A. is at in the sky as a bright twinkle, which would be a very massive low ball. Gives me a distance of 7.8 km. I'm assuming that entire twinkle is equal in size to the U.A. Fortress, which is obviously absurd. So yes the distance is without a doubt much larger than that.

When the official chapters come out, using the distance between central hospital and the battlefield is perfectly fine by me. Though be ready for the possibility that a future chapter shows she got help and is a lot closer. IDK who could've... Maybe Monoma warped to Central Hospital and brought her to a nearby location? IDK.

Thankfully we're waiting before making big revisions from this arc. They can still bring out surprising feats, especially with Shiggy being able to use his Quirks.

Shigaraki the goat and Nagant’s shot was absolutely insane.

Shiggy building up his origin to take back control fully, completely overriding AFO, is top tier. Like he should, he doesn’t care about getting OFA or anything. He just wants to destroy everything, and him not decay waving at the start was because AFO stopped him. Him complementing Gentle and Nagant, saying he’s like them, is also a badass comparison, as he’s saying he can be saved, it’s just that his “saved” is everything that made him being turned to dust. Love this guy.

Also Deku tackled Shigaraki THROUGH UA, given the hole and debris around then. So yeah, it’s time for the real fight. No cage, no holding back.

Glad Deku still won’t ignore the crying child, even if Shigaraki acknowledges it. They both see that origin and know that it’s the key.

Holy Shit, this chapter was absolutely peak
Shigaraki overpowering AFO’s will and finally taking back his position as the main villain, I loved that shit. Nagant sniping Shigaraki from an absurd distance, love that. Deku pushing Shigaraki off the floating UA, forcing them into a 1v1, Quirk vs Quirk true Final Battle. ******* peak. God, my love for MHA is back.

I mean the argument I can already see against this is that she’s going plus ultra so these shots aren’t the same as the ones Deku was avoiding.

If it goes through that would be lit tho
I mean she's also injured and bleeding all over the place so her "going Plus Ultra" might not mean much, not to mention Faux 100% blitzed her amped shot while healthy

"Haha, weren't you supposed to be the master of manipulation!? Watching you is so embarassing! Give up already! I know you brought me up to be part of your grand scheme. To torment All Might through his bond with Shimura! Then you moved forward with your scheme by taking control of my body and soul. And you reached the point where you absorbed my hatred in order to steal One For All. We merged together and I became a part of you. But Sensei... I hated all of that, so I hid my origin deep inside the depths of my heart! Inside of me, my origin has taken back control without you even noticing. This is the path I took. I don't need One For All! Do you intend to control everything!? My heart is just like theirs! It won't be corrupted! Everything that exists in this world gave rise to that house of mine!! Tomura Shigaraki and Tenko Shimura only have one wish. To destroy everything that has to do with that house! And that will be my only salvation, Hero."
-Tomura Shigaraki

"Haha, weren't you supposed to be the master of manipulation!? Watching you is so embarassing! Give up already! I know you brought me up to be part of your grand scheme. To torment All Might through his bond with Shimura! Then you moved forward with your scheme by taking control of my body and soul. And you reached the point where you absorbed my hatred in order to steal One For All. We merged together and I became a part of you. But Sensei... I hated all of that, so I hid my origin deep inside the depths of my heart! Inside of me, my origin has taken back control without you even noticing. This is the path I took. I don't need One For All! Do you intend to control everything!? My heart is just like theirs! It won't be corrupted! Everything that exists in this world gave rise to that house of mine!! Tomura Shigaraki and Tenko Shimura only have one wish. To destroy everything that has to do with that house! And that will be my only salvation, Hero."
-Tomura Shigaraki
New Quote: “Tomura Shigaraki and Tenko Shimura only have one wish. To destroy everything that has to do with that house! And that will be my only salvation, Hero.”

Fire as ****, hope officials keep this as badass as possible

Also pretty sure Shigaraki’s fingers are back. Idk if anyone said that already, but can kinda see them regenerated now.

Gentle holding up UA is also a crazy cool feat.

And again, Deku isn’t in full power mode anymore, but still tackled Shigaraki through UA. So I’m still wondering if that form before was actually just 100%.

Feels like the whole fight against ShigAFO was just for Deku to show off what his max was. Wonder if he’ll do it again and risk not breathing now that the cage failed?

I hope the official line will sound great. And I'm all for giving making that complete Shigaraki's quote.

Glad to see Shiggy come back, and I love that it was done via his own methods. I was a little nervous of him only coming back because Izuku pulled him out or defeated AFO somehow. But it's great that little Tenko/Tomura planned this out as a way of gaining back control. In a place where AFO couldn't reach or control.

The outbreaks and yelling, they were all his doing. AFO only realized how strong it had become when he yelled out against Mirio. He didn't realize just how much control Tenko actually had over this body. And when he decided to come out, all he could do was slow it down. There was no stopping him as of now.

I love it whenever Tenko's hair turns white and he becomes Tomura, showing how they're one and the same. That little crying boy isn't just Tenko Shimura, he's what becomes Tomura Shigaraki. Regardless of what anyone think, they are both one and the same.

While I don't hate AFO the same way others do, in fact I enjoy characters like him as villains. But I prefer Shigaraki so much more that it isn't even comparable.

I mean the argument I can already see against this is that she’s going plus ultra so these shots aren’t the same as the ones Deku was avoiding.

If it goes through that would be lit tho
Then make a proposal for a "possibly" or "likely" or maybe even a "at most" instead of going full out if you're not 100% confident on it getting accepted.

I'm really hoping Deku vs Shigaraki stays a 1v1 till the end, that's what I want

When the real AFO arrives, I want Bakugo to be back up and then he'll take down AFO

Bakugo takes down the real AFO and Deku takes down Shigaraki, that's what I want

Regardless of it being the end or not. Izuku and Shiggy do need a straight 1v1 fight that isn't a one sided stomp, they're the main hero and villain of this series. I want to see the full power of Shigaraki's completed body and Izuku's new control of One For All, without either easily overpowering the other.

Bakugo and Izuku vs Shigaraki wouldn't be any different than the ending of Heroes Rising. Horikoshi put that in the movie so he needs to do something different, something better. The idea of a 2v1v1 against Izuku, Bakugo, Prime AFO, and Shigaraki would be great. Since Shigaraki would want to kill AFO as well.

However like I said, before that I need Shiggy and Izuku to actually throw down by themselves. The battleground is an empty and already destroyed city. There's no reason to worry about civilian lives or property damage at this point. Shigaraki certainly isn't going to care, in fact that's why Izuku brought him down in the first place.

Because destroying an empty city is far better than letting him rampage in the cage. Please, I want the entire city to be a massive crater when this is all over.

Time to rip tenko toumura out of shiggu, literally. I don't see him being able to get "saved" other han to save his inner child by literally ripping it out of him.
His inner child is him. There isn’t really a separation in his soul, they’re just the same thing. Only way to get rid of Shigaraki would be to change his origin.

The child wants to destroy everything as much as the villain does, because that’s just how he copes.

This is the second mention of AFO trying to take over Shigaraki’s “Soul” by the way, first mention was in Chapter 305.

When are we gonna accept that souls exist and the Vestige World is a realm for souls as much as it is consciousness

There is a clear link between “emotions,” “consciousness” and “souls” in MHA.

Shigaraki has the power to literally delete the rules set in place for OFA with his hatred, All Might and AFO can sense their own consciousness within their successors despite still being alive, the clearly not metaphorical struggles going on in Tomura’s mind such that he can literally hide pieces of himself further inside the vestige world to take back over control at later dates.

How does anyone see all this, know that souls exist in the verse, that souls are linked to emotions, and even have Yoichi and Shigaraki directly say that AFO was trying to take over Shiggy’s soul, and then say there is no soul manipulation going on between AFO and OFA.

So what's the distance between Nagant and Shigaraki again?
At most, somewhere around 600 kilometers. That's how far central hospital is from the U.A. battlefield. Using the map provided by Horikoshi.

Lady Nagant wasn't standing on the roof of the hospital when she fired (From what I see), which means she's somewhere else. However she lacks the ability to travel hundreds of km. We see her still in the hospital when Kurogiri left and began teleporting people. She also can't propel herself with her shots due to her injures.

Firing those two bullets against Shiggy made her body burst with blood, and a third one took her out. So she really can't get far from the hospital, especially since she'll need to go back for treatment. And she only has a very small window of time, only a few minutes at best before Shiggy's about to touch the floor.

I want to see if the series will acknowledge where Nagant actually is. But if we don't get any confirmation, using the hospital distance should be alright. As there is no logical way she can travel any large distance, passing through multiple battlefields, all while in a heavily injured state. At best Rock Lock carried her up the building.

Though maybe Monoma for some reason teleported to the hospital, without bring any Twice clones despite being in a dogpile, and helped her out?

Last edited:
Back