• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I find it insanely weird for her to be predicting him touching the ground with no indication of it at the moment. With her predicting Deku moving around, he’s already in movement so she has a basis. With Shigaraki she would have had to wait for any indication of him trying to touch the ground, which would be him reaching for the ground. That alone should make this a valid speed feat.

I actually missed that. And it seems that bullet broke? Or at least was stopped before it pierced his head because of his durability.

So yeah, no Prime AM Nagant. If his head can get hit dead on by a bullet and basically deflect it, his hand is just weaker since it’s healing
I'm pretty surprised that i managed to caught that before anyone else. Also it's wild that a piercing weapon with enough force to break 45% level gear just bounced off his head like that, really put into perspective how durable Prime level character are, but i guess we already know that from him tanking Mirko's-High ends shredding-kicks

I actually missed that. And it seems that bullet broke? Or at least was stopped before it pierced his head because of his durability.

So yeah, no Prime AM Nagant. If his head can get hit dead on by a bullet and basically deflect it, his hand is just weaker since it’s healing
Y'all were this close to gooning.

Can't believe I missed that myself. I noticed his head looking weird but didn't give it anymore thought than that. I was too focused on his hand.

But this basically proves Shiggy's durability is iffy right now, like I said earlier. With how slow he was moving and how he just molted/shed his skin, it makes sense.

She can't fire two shots at once. Meaning she perfectly spaced those two shots out to arrive at around the same time.

df9.gif

I find it insanely weird for her to be predicting him touching the ground with no indication of it at the moment. With her predicting Deku moving around, he’s already in movement so she has a basis. With Shigaraki she would have had to wait for any indication of him trying to touch the ground, which would be him reaching for the ground. That alone should make this a valid speed feat.
Especially since she doesn’t have previous knowledge of Shigaraki’s antics from what we know, she was able to predict Deku’s movements while actively fighting him. I find it unlikely that she predicted his movement

Just asking because AFO will eventually lose his body so he’s using shigaraki as a back-up but the mind of AFO inside shigaraki. That’s still the same AFO right, no clones/backup memory or anything?

I'm pretty surprised that i managed to caught that before anyone else. Also it's wild that a piercing weapon with enough force to break 45% level gear just bounced off his head like that, really put into perspective how durable Prime level character are, but i guess we already know that from him tanking Mirko's-High ends shredding-kicks
And people say “heroes with guns would be OP in MHA”

The all for one inside shigaraki’s body is that still the original AFO?
If you mean the Quirk, yes it is.

AFO himself even question if the Quirk rebellion that happened inside of him was due to him having a weaker duplicate of his original Quirk.

However the person inside of him is not the original AFO, it's just a vestige, a piece of his consciousness. The real AFO is still around and wasn't aware of what is going on with Shiggy and vice versa until recently. We even see the AFO inside of Shiggy is still the weakened potato face AFO from Kamino.

Despite the real AFO rewinding to his Prime.

so it’s not the real deal person. More like a clone with the memories of the original AFO person
Indeed.

However I have a feeling AFO might be trying to do some body hopping BS, as apparently he needs to do something to Shiggy before he is truly complete.

I could be wrong but I feel like AFO is way too damn selfish to let a clone/piece of himself live on while he dies. Wouldn't be surprised if he's planning on possessing Shiggy's body for real, likely abandoning his own body kind of take over. Have no idea how he'd do that and I could be completely off the mark here.

Just a feeling I have, maybe I'm wrong. Though regardless I highly doubt he'll succeed.

Indeed.

However I have a feeling AFO might be trying to do some body hopping BS, as apparently he needs to do something to Shiggy before he is truly complete.

I could be wrong but I feel like AFO is way too damn selfish to let a clone/piece of himself live on while he dies. Wouldn't be surprised if he's planning on possessing Shiggy's body for real, likely abandoning his own body kind of take over. Have no idea how he'd do that and I could be completely off the mark here.

Just a feeling I have, maybe I'm wrong. Though regardless I highly doubt he'll succeed.
If that does happen does that mean AFO could possibly have type 6 immortality

We was aware of New Order destroying the Quirks inside of Tomura, which is impossible unless memories are transferred between bodies.
Yes when they're close to each other. They're connection appears to be even stronger than what All Might has with his vestige. AFO can even converse with his vestige with Radio Waves, which is how they communicated in Tartarus and how the heroes knew that Shiggy was going to be completed earlier than they expected.

Nothing shows that AFO was aware of New Order destroying Shiggy's Quirks while they were still hundreds of kilometers apart. We only saw after they were together. They aren't instantly linked and are the same exact consciousness with zero difference between them. The AFO vestige is a vestige.

AFO himself was unaware of where Shiggy was and what was happening until he got contact from Skeptic and Kurogiri. He might have a vague idea of his location or something, but he clearly didn't know what was going on in detail.

Yes when they're close to each other. They're connection appears to be even stronger than what All Might has with his vestige. AFO can even converse with his vestige with Radio Waves, which is how they communicated in Tartarus and how the heroes knew that Shiggy was going to be completed earlier than they expected.

Nothing shows that AFO was aware of New Order destroying Shiggy's Quirks while they were still hundreds of kilometers apart. We only saw after they were together. They aren't instantly linked and are the same exact consciousness with zero difference between them. The AFO vestige is a vestige.

AFO himself was unaware of where Shiggy was and what was happening until he got contact from Skeptic and Kurogiri. He might have a vague idea of his location or something, but he clearly didn't know what was going on in detail.
If AFO does one day get Type 6 immortality based on what you said about him actually possessing shigarki does that mean he'll be a little bit more harder to kill?

If AFO does one day get Type 6 immortality based on what you said about him actually possessing shigarki does that mean he'll be a little bit more harder to kill?
That heavily depends on how he does the possession. If he needs to activate it and be near Shigaraki, it'll be worthless in battle. Also I doubt he'd be able to body hop into anyone that isn't Shigaraki, who has his OG Quirk and Vestige inside of him.

IF he can body hop, I don't believe it'll have any combat use. So no, he's as easy to kill as a "normal person".

Nine's range with this Quirk might need to be updated. I think this was brought up way long ago, but I don't remember if this was simply forgotten or something.

That Quirk might be called Familiar? He can also change their shape as well? That's with some very rough online translation by me, so maybe we can get someone who knows better to take a look at it as well? Since I'm not certain if that really is the name or true. I could be very off here.

Considering that appears to be the max range, I assume he can only extend them that long when going all out. Which means his full power key only.

That heavily depends on how he does the possession. If he needs to activate it and be near Shigaraki, it'll be worthless in battle. Also I doubt he'd be able to body hop into anyone that isn't Shigaraki, who has his OG Quirk and Vestige inside of him.

IF he can body hop, I don't believe it'll have any combat use. So no, he's as easy to kill as a "normal person".
what if he can activate it the moment he's about to die and just straight up possess his opponent?

what if he can activate it the moment he's about to die and just straight up possess his opponent?
You just answered your own question. If that's how it works... That's how it'll works. I don't know how else to say it.

However I'm basically certain this isn't the case, or he would've done it already. Clearly this requires a large amount of setup, assuming that is his plan.

He might not even be planning to possess or body hop at all, he could be planning something different.

Last edited:
You just answered your own question. If that's how it works... That's how it'll works. I don't know how else to say it.

However I'm basically certain this isn't the case, or he would've done it already. Clearly this requires a large amount of setup, assuming that is his plan.

He might not even be planning to possess or body hop at all, he could be planning something different.

what does AFO do in character?

what could he do if we give him a significant amount of prep time let’s say a week I guess

The final battle is finally here. All we had before was just an appetizer. Also it does look like Shiggy tanked the bullet to the head easily so his hands were just more vulnerable. So it can probably be put down to him coming out of the flesh cocoon and his body not being 100%. I don't think he used any quirk to tank the head bullet.

Nagant was shooting from the central hospital roof all the way to the coffin. I don't know how long the distance is though.

Shigaraki is finally officially free from AFO plus a more direct explanation on what/who Tenko is/was.

The final battle is finally here. All we had before was just an appetizer. Also it does look like Shiggy tanked the bullet to the head easily so his hands were just more vulnerable. So it can probably be put down to him coming out of the flesh cocoon and his body not being 100%. I don't think he used any quirk to tank the head bullet.

Nagant was shooting from the central hospital roof all the way to the coffin. I don't know how long the distance is though.

Shigaraki is finally officially free from AFO plus a more direct explanation on what/who Tenko is/was.
we actually have a map of how far that is

The king is back AND we get Deku vs Tomura for real. This chapter is looking like absolute gas. Saddest thing is though I highly doubt we’ll continue this next week. I predict we go to Enji and Toya next.

Also I just noticed but Tomura has all his fingers again

Like I thought, Deku isn’t in his full power state anymore. Looks like he’s back at 45%? And Gear Shift isn’t on either, so I guess he’s letting himself breathe before they fight. Once more suspecting that he was just using 100%. Wonder if he’ll turn it on again for the fight.

By angsizing I HEAVILY lowballed the distance to about 2.8 kilometers, but realistically it’s over 4 kilometers

Back