• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Honestly, given the pace, we’re gonna get Deku leaving UA at like episode 19. That leaves what, 6 episodes for all of Dark Deku? I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it ends in a weird spot, cause that is a lot to get through if they want Uraraka’s speech to be this season.
Considering the intro showing this heavily, we're going to get Class 1-A confronting Izuku. At the current pace of 2 chapters per episode the season would actually end with Class 1-A confronting Izuku in chapter 318. Though I'm pretty sure we'll have other episode with at least 3 chapters.

Uraraka's shine in the intro could imply her speech being a thing, since she isn't the one who convinces Izuku to come back to the school. Her big reaching her hand out moment isn't until that speech when he finally breaks down crying and fully accepts being back.

However the Season ending on Bakugo's apology could be a possibility. And assuming there is some more extra content or maybe a filler episode, who really knows.

Ok, so going by the current pace:

Episode 16: end of 298-300

Episode 17: 301-303ish

Episode 18: 303ish-305ish

Episode 19: 305ish-306

Episode 20: 307-309ish

Episode 21: 309ish-310

Episode 22: 311-312

Episode 23: 313-315

Episode 24: 316-317

Episode 25: 318?

They teased Class 1-A reaching for Deku and him taking off his mask during the opening.

I honestly doubt it will end before Deku's battle against Class 1-A.
They’d have to up the pace then, cause there’s a lot of content coming up and they’d have to get through all of Dark Deku in like 4 episodes, then blitz past a bunch of other stuff to end on 320 or something.

Also it could just be teasers in the OP and not mean it’s gonna happen.

Endeavor's flight was either not well known or he recently figured it out.
Could Hawks was just being facetous? It seems to be in-line with his humor to ask Endeavor something like that.
It's also likely that Endeavor flying might not be that well known, but considering Shoto was doing so later with 1 leg, that's a bit doubtful that he recently just managed to do so.
They will up the pace, battles are usually paced much faster in the anime compared to the manga.
Yeah, the pacing in recent episodes is slow because there's been only a few panels of action scenes and mostly dialogue-heavy episodes.
I think with decent pacing with no padding of scenes from previous episodes, Deku leaving UA might even be included as the cliffhanger in episode 18 if they wanted to.

As for the rest of the season, full 3 chapters or even 4 chapters per episode might happen. Even the Deku vs 1-A fight is relatively short.

Does anyone know how wide the platform is in the Sports Festival Arena? Trying to calc Iida blitzing the vine girl
Alright used a different placement of the stadium but rough estimate

Uraraka‘s the one one the ground so: Offical Height 1.56 meters, length in image .125 inches
Width of the stadium: 3.25 inches, or 26 times longer or 40.56 meters

Of course there are many things I could have done wrong here.
I dont remember if the darkened areas are the edges are out of bounds or a visualization for ridges, i Could have just measured wrong. But I think it’s a half decent attemp

Edit: if the darkened areas are ramps up and not part of the actual arena, the result goes down to 2.875 inches or 35.88 meters

Anyone else find Todoroki scaling to Endeavor weird?
Pretty sure All Might was referring to the heat of his attacks and the statement was referring to normal Todoroki, not flashfire.

I think it’s a little strange considering the scan referencing this idea isn’t talking about Flashfire Todoroki, but Todoroki going all out with his normal flames. It wasn’t even an attack, it was just him raising his temperature, wouldn’t make much sense to say that’s Endeavor level unless we say Tetsu is Endeavor as well.

I was actually wondering about that too.
I might be mistaken, but by the time Endeavor Agency Arc came around, was the only time Shoto truly began learning Flashfire Fist.
So either Shoto's Half-Hot going all-out can eventually reach Flashfire levels, or it was just as hot as Hellflame without Flashfire.
Feels like either is likely, but the profile is leaning on the former?

The profile also treats flashfire as a set level of power, when all it is is the ability to condense and compress flames to achieve higher levels of power.
Ideally Shoto’s flashfire could be weaker or stronger than Endeavors, and it would make more sense for them to be weaker given the feats and lack of evidence.

Back