• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Base Deku having Transonic reaction speeds has been bugging me for a while, especially when he's able to react and throw a punch before Shoto's ice could freeze his entire body, when the ice had already reached his feet.

Not to mention that all of Class 1-A's were able to react to Shoto's ice alongside Deku at the start of the Sports Festival, making them comparable.

So the moment this calc is evaluated, I'm going to make a thread to get rid of the Transonic ratings, and upgrade all the low-tiers to Supersonic+, which would be still consistent with this Deku being inferior to the Hypersonic students (for example, even a slower Shoto with frostbite could keep up with Deku, and he reacted to the Recipro Burst while Deku couldn't).

Last edited:
Base Deku having Transonic reaction speeds has been bugging me for a while, especially when he's able to react and throw a punch before Shoto's ice could freeze his entire body, when the ice had already reached his feet.

Not to mention that all of Class 1-A's were able to react to Shoto's ice alongside Deku at the start of the Sports Festival, making them comparable.

So the moment this calc is evaluated, I'm going to make a thread to get rid of the Transonic ratings, and upgrade all the low-tiers to Supersonic+, which would be still consistent with this Deku being inferior to the Hypersonic students (for example, even a slower Shoto with frostbite could keep up with Deku, and he reacted to the Recipro Burst while Deku couldn't).

I am once more reminded that Transonic is a rating that exists lol

The second feat isn't necessarily Supersonic+, but I guess people should scale to Deku's feat in the scan. A bit iffy but ig it's fine.

Also, just to share, there was a guy that did a practical research about how fast you can swing a sword, which is around 70 kph. Not sure how that would be useful though since he used a medieval sword rather than a Katana/Odachi. But the value is pretty close to the one being used with Stain's sword swing.

Should we note on Endeavor’s profile that he has at least 8-B AP without fire? He can oneshot Twice clones, which scale over Mineta’s durability

Should we note on Endeavor’s profile that he has at least 8-B AP without fire? He can oneshot Twice clones, which scale over Mineta’s durability
Hell no. We don't label Bakugo as being 8-B physically while he's High 7-C. Despite his striking strength being 8-B.

There's also no reason to suggest Endeavor's Striking Strength stops at 8-B and cannot be higher. He's fine how he is.

Hell no. We don't label Bakugo as being 8-B physically while he's High 7-C. Despite his striking strength being 8-B.

There's also no reason to suggest Endeavor's Striking Strength stops at 8-B and cannot be higher. He's fine how he is.
Yeah I meant striking strength and not AP at least, we don’t need to put 8-B for his AP since he’s already 7-A+

Yeah I meant striking strength and not AP at least, we don’t need to put 8-B for his AP since he’s already 7-A+
Unknown feels better to me. Since it feels wrong to say he's only 8-B in striking strength when he's stronger everywhere else.

Or just not label his normal striking strength unless we get real feats.

I know that what we've got on the profiles is just a result of VSBW's standards and calcs, but I still think it's pretty funny sometimes how our collective vision of the series' powerscaling can differ from the general narrative of a series. (Or how the narrative is perceived by individual readers anyway)

Like, sure, Deku can be "City Block level" according to our profiles, but at the same time I am also 99% sure that Quirkless Entrance Exam Arc Izuku could not punch his way through a brick wall, let alone a massive building.

Like, if the calcs kept getting remade and got higher results, would we have no problem with saying Quirkless Izuku in that arc was Town level?

Nah, we have no reason to believe that's his lowest point of power.

This is one of the reasons why I sometimes prefer an Unknown than an extremely low-balled rating (looking at you Supersonic Boros).

Endeavor's actual striking strength without Hellflame probably just downscales way below with Hellflame or his durability, which is still far above 8-B.

So better keep the profile as it is, since Endeavor always uses Hellflame when striking anyways.

Like, sure, Deku can be "City Block level" according to our profiles, but at the same time I am also 99% sure that Quirkless Entrance Exam Arc Izuku could not punch his way through a brick wall, let alone a massive building.
Yep.
A better way to put it is that Base Deku won't be destroying Victory Bots with his fists, even though they are like within the same tier right now lol.
I'd agree with Therefir's sentiment, this is like the most I can stretch my suspension of disbelief.

dvcsuwP.png

No way in hell this is 5'2

A better way to put it is that Base Deku won't be destroying Victory Bots with his fists, even though they are like within the same tier right now lol.
I agree and have already mentioned this is the highest I can see them go.

But Base Izuku and the Villain Bots were always the same tier.

Although not the same level as Kingdom or One Piece, Hori does exaggerate the height differences with especially the adult heroes that he wants to portray as larger than life.

Most of the League are short (Shigaraki, Dabi, etc) probably cause Hori still wants the audience to see the youth in them.

Also despite All Might being the same height in both thin and buff form, his buff form is shown to be towering over everyone. All Might's foot in Exam arc in the manga was the size of Bakugo's waist for example when in his thin form he clearly doesn't wear waist sized shoes.

Thing is Homelander is roughly 3x stronger and also more durable

But Number 6 is considerably faster than him even in normal Overclock, and he could probably statue him in emergency mode
Number 6 is scaling to the 26 Tons value, how is Homelander 3X stronger? He's 43 Tons, and isn't 8-B+.

Are you assuming Vigilantes scaled to the 13.7 value?

Back