• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Getting off topic but any speculation on what's gonna happen in this week chapter? I hope Shigaraki keep his disgusting skin coat he has got going on, shit's metal as hell

Getting off topic but any speculation on what's gonna happen in this week chapter? I hope Shigaraki keep his disgusting skin coat he has got going on, shit's metal as hell
Official Chapter doesn't come out until January 22nd, unofficial scans might come out during the 20th. Though trying to predict leaks is a fool's errand.

Shigaraki's old skin hanging off of him is disgusting. Not even joking that Shiggy's body is one of the most horrifying things I've seen.

Official Chapter doesn't come out until January 22nd, unofficial scans might come out during the 20th
P A I N

Shigaraki's old skin hanging off of him is disgusting. Not even joking that Shiggy's body is one of the most horrifying things I've seen.
I know, it's gnarly as hell. Hori would make a great horror manga illustrator

Although I've always kinda been a Bakugo hater, I can't wait for him to wake up so we get Full body Cluster Bakugo and Gear Shift Deku vs Shigaraki with all quirks. That double team will probably be insane. Kinda like Heroes Rising but way bigger in scale.

Although I've always kinda been a Bakugo hater, I can't wait for him to wake up so we get Full body Cluster Bakugo and Gear Shift Deku vs Shigaraki with all quirks. That double team will probably be insane. Kinda like Heroes Rising but way bigger in scale.
Then AFO shows up and it’s a tag team, hell-in-a-cell cage fight with live commentary from La Brava and Gentle.

Likely the sheer heat did overcome Leviathan's resistance, but I still lean towards the above as well
Yeah I mean we already just scale Flashfire in general to be All Might tier, though I guess this is more of a definite proof for Jet Kindling to be packing force.
I didn't know this topic would spark a debate.
It's just a discussion.
Though people seems to be on the fence about Heatwave 7-A scaling.

Anyways I want to bring back the idea that clones are apparently less durable than the main body.

We currently scale the clones’ AP/striking strength to their true form. Meaning that if Rappa’s durability was apparently weaker than his striking strength he would be injured with every punch that he threw (via Newton’s 3rd law)

Twice’s cloning is weird. It’s his “second” clone that gets weaker if he makes two clones at a time. But the first one I suppose is presumed to be a perfect copy.

Must just be a weakness of his quirk I guess.

It has been a long time since I read up on Twice's quirk. Does successive cloning reduce their durability or their ability to handle injuries?

Who do you think is faster? Current Toga or Plf Twice? And if it's the former, do you think her speed decreases when she transformed into him. Transformed Toga seems to have no problem reacting to Current Ochako's attacks who in turn can react to normal Toga. Also, rereading ch 375, Tsuyu took a hit from a High end and was almost knocked out but got back up afterwards, though I can't tell if the attack landed directly or not

Who do you think is faster? Current Toga or Plf Twice? And if it's the former, do you think her speed decreases when she transformed into him. Transformed Toga seems to have no problem reacting to Current Ochako's attacks who in turn can react to normal Toga. Also, rereading ch 375, Tsuyu took a hit from a High end and was almost knocked out but got back up afterwards, though I can't tell if the attack landed directly or not
Asui is not scaling to a High-End. She could've had no injuries and I would've stated the same thing.

Far more likely that she just avoided the attack and the shockwave/impact is what hurt her. She didn't get directly hit.

Current Toga is faster.

For his Stamp throwing. Will need an actually discussion on this at some point. I'd like to see more of Toga's Sad Man Parade before judging this for real.
Never understood the differentiation between his stamp strength and normal strength, he still has to use strength to throw the stamp to generate 8-A genery

Never understood the differentiation between his stamp strength and normal strength, he still has to use strength to throw the stamp to generate 8-A genery
To be honest, Nighteye doesn't have any striking strength value in the first place. He never punched or kicked anyone to my knowledge.

His AP should just be his stamp strength only.

The only case I remember is Nighteye seemingly kicking Overhaul's leg, but it didn't cause any meaningful damage unlike his stamp throw, which made a hole in Overhaul's transformed arm and left it dangling.

And I'm not surprised, humans can throw things harder than they can punch, so I would be fine with something like "8-B, 8-A with Equipment" or whatever we decide to call it.

Last edited:
The only case I remember is Nighteye seemingly kicking Overhaul's leg, but it didn't cause any meaningful damage unlike his stamp throw, which made a hole in Overhaul's transformed arm and left it dangling.

And I'm not surprised, humans can throw things harder than they can punch, so I would be fine with something like "8-B, 8-A with Equipment" or whatever we decide to call it.
Nighteye staggered Overhaul with the kick, while Overhaul could no-sell an attack from 8% Deku. So Nighteye should definitely get the 8-B AP and striking strength

I'd be fine with that or whatever else. He's a physical fighter, though I do note that I don't think he'd be 41.11 Tons.

Last edited:

That doesn't really look like a proper kick to me tbh. Looks more like he's trying to step off of Overhaul as he's dodging him, though maybe the anime makes it clearer.

But I see your point.

That doesn't really look like a proper kick to me tbh. Looks more like he's trying to step off of Overhaul as he's dodging him, though maybe the anime makes it clearer.
The anime doesn't show the kick for some reason, only the part where Nighteye dodged.

Then after that, the flashback between Mirio and Nighteye.

Doesn't really look like Overhaul was staggered in any way, there's no lines that indicate it.

And yeah people can throw things harder than we can punch. You're putting a lot of energy to move a hard, heavy object at 90 mph compared to the energy and weight of the movement of your body and arm at 30 mph.
Maybe Nighteye can downscale somewhat from that but that's hard to tell and not my area of expertise.

Back